Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Dealing with past & unfulfilled desires from the past.

Ok, I wanted to thank you all, especially marc who has struggled with me tirelessly - I want to thank you for your patience with me.

There is a lot of information here, and a lot of excellent information on this forum as an adjunct to the book itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel M.
    Know as well that this is not your only life. You have reincarnated many times…and will again. You can have the life you desired in your next lifetime. I was a man, a spy, in my last lifetime. We choose diverse lives, for the experience. You will be a baby someday, starting a new life, experiencing a new lifetime. [IMG]file:///C:\DOCUME~1\Dz\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_ image001.gif[/IMG]
    I imagine this is the case, however I did want to experience things in this lifetime that I've already missed out on, not in the next and not in a round about way.

You've gotten excellent guidance....from everyone. You are "arguing for your limitations" as Abraham says. You are saying..."I can't have what I want because of_______________". The Universe is so creative in delivering what you want...in ways that you cannot foresee. You only need to allow it.
    Agreed, I have, and you are right I'm no longer going to argue for my limitations, I'm going to give it all a try and not as a point to prove anything wrong or right but just see where I go with this.

...and Palimpsest.. ok I am willing to accept what you wrote, since vibrationally I am very low or depressed... whereas there are people consciously or unconsiously creating outrageously wonderful lives..

..Engee I have done exactly what you have suggested weeks ago, pages and pages of it but I don't get very far with this exercise I sort of get stuck around disappointment.

------------------------------------------

So here is what I'm going to do, it's the best strategy I can come up with at the moment for my immediate situation:

1) paradise-on-earth thanks for your posts, I actually read a lot of what you post on this forum and this is one of the threads...

I give up!

..I am trying to really give up on everything since I've had a lot of suffering in life, it is easier said than done though.

2) Then I'll be trying Jewel M.'s excellent advice:

Get into the feeling state of what you want, and forget about how it can happen
    I suppose I'll be applying this to my immediate situation, financial etc... rather than what I've been discussing here

Quote Originally Posted by marc
    You get to be right. If you want to insist that it can't be done, or that it will be a struggle, so be it. I'm just here to tell you that it doesn't have to be nearly as hard as you're insisting it must be.
    ...thank you for this and I'll keep reminding myself that it'll all happen easily...

3) POE sorry I missed answering this post, and I wanted to answer together with this last part.

Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth
    ...as what we think and offer doesnīt jive with you, maybe you could tell us what you really want to achieve- and how you want to "deal with it"?
    -Honest and interested question.

How do you WANT to go about this?
    What WOULD feel as a match to you?

You get to choose every bit of it.
    And itīs your job to find a way to achieve it, that really is the way you want it to be!
    I get it now and I've been told by many to feel better despite circumstances and part of that is me accepting I can't go back in time and be 20 again - basically that is how I'd want to deal with this go back in time and have the same life - but without a mental illness - but that's not possible and I'll never be as good looking again in my life or have the natural opportunities (not just with the opposite sex) presenting themselves to me as I did that age, just because I was young.

I would have loved to have had a hot 18 year old girlfriend aged 20 (not like I didn't have girls interested), not sure at my age I could do it being this much older - since it wouldn't feel right or be natural - yes it occurs but it is not the norm and I'd feel old for her even if it is possible at my age. Another example I would have loved to have had the university experience as a healthy young man of 18-19 and not have to drop out due to illness - I can still go to uni now but I'll be the old man in the room for sure - so that's again not the same experience.

I do feel a degree of relief admitting and accepting that this boat has sailed, rather than telling myself I can have anything despite the fact it wouldn't be a natural occurence and would be way out of the norm (which is exactly what I don't want) or it occuring in a round about way say for example with a much older girl or a girl my age - just wouldn't do it for me, in fact I just don't find women my age or older of interest to me anymore. In this regard if I can consider matters with the opposite sex closed due to my compounded lack of a decade or more of natural experiences with them when in the prime of one's youth, there is a sense of relief coming to terms with that, I just have to be able to keep my mind on top of that which is hard given mental illness.

In a way the above is like going up the EGS, it gives me some relief to admit that I missed the boat on the prime of one's youth, I move up from depressed to sadness & regret and eventually some acceptance and then to some relief - like yea it's gone - certainly feels like giving up a lot of resistance.

I suppose ultimately some peace, death would be wonderful too I don't mean in a physical manner since we all know that is not death - but cessation of consciousness and permanent rest yea that would be nice - I'm pretty tired already I've been through hell and most of it was not of my making.

So that's the best I can think of at the moment, I'll see where I get on with #1 and #2.... #3 kind of deals with this topic for the time being at least...

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    sailorboat
    Thanks for typing it out! I really wanted to "get" this. I guess, to some extend we all deal with such problems- while you have the upside of being INTENSELY aware of the problem.

Abe teach- and I found that so true, whenever I managed to navigate full circle through a problem-
    that the exact opposite of a down-wave goes into our Vortex, iow, when we KNOW what we donīt want intensely, that means that what we DO want is in the same intense proportion in our Vortex, calling us.

You say you went through hell. Imagine what a heaven is in your Vortex- DUE to your path through the intensely unwanted!

It is normal that we canīt clearly see or even guess how the opposite of our hell would look like, or how it could be achieved. The frequencies are much too much apart. But I think, you can somehow feeeeeel it, and that you find no way to catch up with it, is what is hurting you so much, and what drives you "crazy".

*I* guess you had this going on even in your early days, and that is what got labeled "mental illness", while itīs nothing than a very intense, very busy mind- (which are actually very valuable gifts, when you use them to your advantage) .wich got you into intense frustration, because you didnīt really know how to use it FOR you, instead against you, and nobody knew to teach you early on, how to steer and master this talent. It might be of interest to you what Abe have said about all kinds of (very different) mental diseases, here is a collection.
    "Mental Disorders"

The bottomline to all of them is- when you have a pillow pressed to your face, you will do all sorts of things, struggling to get some air again, and that is no DISEASE, but a natural and healthy step towards relief. Just donīt get wound up in the struggle, donīt make the struggle "your career".

You are actually VERY wise to "give up" this struggle and decided to relax more and more.

I have no idea how your solutions could look like.
    But I KNOW (from own, first very painful and than extraordinarily triumphant) experience, that our solutions ARE there. And, they never go away! They are ours. Eternally.
    And you get to them by RELAXING.

A so intense person as you will triumph intensely. I see you getting there.
    Organically, probably slowly, but you will. Much love to you!

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    I just found this and thought it might help:

Depression is like pressing the pedal to 600 MPH
    in reverse with your foot
    simultaneously on the brake.

Abe

-the whole quote from which this is an outtake, is here:
    "Mental Disorders"

Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post
    I just found this and thought it might help:

Depression is like pressing the pedal to 600 MPH
    in reverse with your foot
    simultaneously on the brake.

Abe

-the whole quote from which this is an outtake, is here:
    "Mental Disorders"
    This is the best description of depression I have heard so far!

Quote Originally Posted by sailorboat View Post
    I do feel a degree of relief admitting and accepting that this boat has sailed, rather than telling myself I can have anything despite the fact it wouldn't be a natural occurence and would be way out of the norm (which is exactly what I don't want) or it occuring in a round about way say for example with a much older girl or a girl my age - just wouldn't do it for me, in fact I just don't find women my age or older of interest to me anymore. In this regard if I can consider matters with the opposite sex closed due to my compounded lack of a decade or more of natural experiences with them when in the prime of one's youth, there is a sense of relief coming to terms with that, I just have to be able to keep my mind on top of that which is hard given mental illness.

In a way the above is like going up the EGS, it gives me some relief to admit that I missed the boat on the prime of one's youth, I move up from depressed to sadness & regret and eventually some acceptance and then to some relief - like yea it's gone - certainly feels like giving up a lot of resistance.

I suppose ultimately some peace, death would be wonderful too I don't mean in a physical manner since we all know that is not death - but cessation of consciousness and permanent rest yea that would be nice - I'm pretty tired already I've been through hell and most of it was not of my making.

So that's the best I can think of at the moment, I'll see where I get on with #1 and #2.... #3 kind of deals with this topic for the time being at least...
    sailorboat,

Telling yourself that your ship has sailed gives you relief....and that is all that matters. It reminds me of women who try for years to get pregnant, finally accept that they can't birth children, choose the alternative: to adopt a child, and suddenly find themselves pregnant. Any relief is good.

I know our consciousness as part of Source is unlimited....and I've been exploring that...but I know that with a loss of resistance, more comes in....and so you'll perceive more of the unlimited.

I was walking down the street one day, hurried, feeling a deep need for a vacation....to chill out on a tropical beach. I asked myself why I wanted it.....my response: to deeply relax. I suddenly realized I could relax exactly where I was. I slowed down my pace, telling myself I would only be delayed a few minutes from my destination. I allowed myself to be purely in that moment, with the sun shining on my head, the breeze caressing my face, noticing the variety of people walking about....and colors felt more radiant....everything felt more sublime. I felt better rested. And the rest of my day flowed well. Just take a few moments to simply relax....even 5 minutes is good.

Sailorboat, I hear you starting to make peace with where you are, and that is AWESOME.