Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 140

Thread: Dealing with past & unfulfilled desires from the past.

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    When you do read your book, you’ll have an opportunity to learn that every “thing” (every particle of the universe: every thought, atom, person, event, condition, location, experience) is a mixture of Wanted (by your preferences) and Unwanted (by your preferences). The Wanted in the conditions that you’re describing to us might be that they (like all Contrast) can help us to focus into a conscious decision to do things differently than the way we had been doing, which had called these conditions to us. As part of that decision, some people might understand that it’s hard to do something differently, if they don’t yet understand why or what they “should” be doing differently. Which brings us back to that self-education we’ve spoken about before.

    Maybe, as a result of the Contrast that you’re living and these conversations that you’ve been having with us, you might come to a decision which says, “Since my time is limited, which would be the most productive way of me spending my limited time? Is it writing lengthy posts on the Forum, arguing for my limitations and explaining how I’m in a place that I don’t (understandably) like? Or might it be by investing that same time to read a page or two from a book which I believe might help me?”

    Maybe a more productive conversation for you to be having might be to step away from this thread and these conditions and focus yourself on your self-education. Then, as you are carefully and thoroughly reading your book with the intention of learning what Abraham are teaching, you can open a thread asking for specific questions about what it is you’re reading, so that you give yourself the best education that you can.
    I don't disagree, however to do so I must be in a stable position in life, if I get there I will do the above and more, maybe there is indeed a reason I was drawn to this forum. I read the book over a year ago, so in truth I forgot most of the processes etc. (I generally remember what they were about, tangible & practical LOA) however what I remember I did take away from it was my desire and necessity to do meditation on the breath, which I have so far failed to do really due to circumstance.

    I still have difficulty seeing how the universe could provide me an experience which has a time constraint of youth to it (ok there I go again I will stop), and as you say time is limited.

    Quote Originally Posted by alisia
    i just want you to know that I love you and if you want to practice and slowley move up the scale I can do it with you sometimes over a pm if you want

    you are so fortunate that you have attracted all of the wonderful responses here from everyone, (although it really isn't fortune or luck, YOU DID THAT!) you have had basically a private session with Marc and well bieng that people pay hundreds of dollars for, like a private coaching session.

    but send me a private message anytime and we both can work up the scale together on any subject you want, or we can do some of the processes in 'ask and it is given'.

    see ya later!
    Thank you for this, really, really appreciate it.

  2. #22
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,199
    Quote Originally Posted by sailorboat View Post
    I don't disagree, however to do so I must be in a stable position in life,...
    You "must be in a stable position in life" to read a page of a book? Can you see how you've just painted yourself into a corner unnecessarily?

    Quote Originally Posted by sailorboat View Post
    if I get there I will do the above and more, maybe there is indeed a reason I was drawn to this forum. I read the book over a year ago, so in truth I forgot most of the processes etc. (I generally remember what they were about, tangible & practical LOA) however what I remember I did take away from it was my desire and necessity to do meditation on the breath, which I have so far failed to do really due to circumstance.
    Did you "fail" to do so? Or were you just not as consistent or as persistent as you would have liked?

    As a result of that experience, can you see that maybe now you have a greater desire to be more consistent and persistent than you were before? And the first step in fulfilling that new, greater desire of yours might be to do that now?

    Quote Originally Posted by sailorboat View Post
    I still have difficulty seeing how the universe could provide me an experience which has a time constraint of youth to it (ok there I go again I will stop), and as you say time is limited.
    I said nothing of the sort. I merely took your story and directed it in a more helpful direction for you.

  3. #23
    Did you "fail" to do so? Or were you just not as consistent or as persistent as you would have liked?

    As a result of that experience, can you see that maybe now you have a greater desire to be more consistent and persistent than you were before? And the first step in fulfilling that new, greater desire of yours might be to do that now?
    No really, I'm not a lazy person, I am really very overworked, running or rather battling in business and sleeping on warehouse floors because I cannot afford to rent, I cannot begin to describe the hell I've been through this year, I imagine in a 3 weeks or so things will calm down and I will finally be able to begin meditating, I have no problem with self discipline, physical and financial constraints stopped any possibility of the above.

    You "must be in a stable position in life" to read a page of a book? Can you see how you've just painted yourself into a corner unnecessarily?
    I have been doing just this over the past week, but it's a big book. Tbh whenever I do read such books or parts of such books in a time of crisis I find it counter productive, so I tend to drop them and focus on tackling the immediate problems. It's a cliche in many spiritual practices i.e. first tackle your immediate external factors, then tackle the internal world, this is exactly the problem I've been facing.

    Must go now good night all.

  4. #24
    Super Moderator Hands in the Clay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Perfume Vortex of the World, France
    Posts
    5,890
    Quote Originally Posted by sailorboat View Post
    No really, I'm not a lazy person, I am really very overworked, running or rather battling in business and sleeping on warehouse floors because I cannot afford to rent, I cannot begin to describe the hell I've been through this year, I imagine in a 3 weeks or so things will calm down and I will finally be able to begin meditating, I have no problem with self discipline, physical and financial constraints stopped any possibility of the above.
    If you're sleeping on warehouse floors and are in dire financial straits, it is interesting that so much of your initial focus and (substantial) time invested here on the Forum has been about whether you, at age 32, can still hit on young hotties in their bars of choice.

    I would suggest that your vibration and thought patterns are very much "all over the place" and getting more firmly "anchored" (by virtue of their manifestational proof) with each passing day, and that time invested in learning to guide your thoughts would serve you well. Because you are only in the position you are in BECAUSE of your thoughts, and letting more time go by ("waiting for things to get better") before you start managing your vibration will do little more than add more momentum to your current trajectory. Again: You are where you are, you are in the circumstances you are in, because of your thought patterns and beliefs, and learning to shift those patterns and beliefs is likely the most productive thing you could learn, in the short run and the long run.

    But, you know, it's your life. And I imagine the Forum will still be here a few years from now (alas, you'll be in your mid- to late thirties by then), when you have another "aha moment," and the books, of course, will always be around.

    When you truly accept that you create your own reality (including the one you're living now), your reality will finally start to change.

    And "accept" means to internalize, not to intellectualize. Perusal of an Abe book does not a Deliberate Creator make.

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Kindergarten
    Posts
    365
    Sailorboat, the Purple Lady had done a brilliant job of writing THIS:
    http://www.abeforum.com/showthread.p...l=1#post435771

    You should read it, and apply it. Its worth.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by cuddly View Post
    wow....interesting title of the thread...it suddenly reminded me that all my desires on my list,one after one,some of them with some delays,but all of them were fullfilled-fate even took me thousands of kilometres to fullfill some of them.........now i have a different problem:dealing with the past and my fullfilled desires from the past....yes,its a problem...cuz now i have new desires and those old ones are already aging and out of date for me....i try to focus on my new desires,on these fresh ones,but my old desires-these fullfilled ones seem to be in the way...is appreciating old desires and focusing on them an obstacle?.....to create new reality?....does it cause continuing status quo?
    Cuddly I read you post and it totally resonated with me. I have many many past fulfilled desires and I am very appreciative, but now my new desires seem to go in a different direction and I dont know if focusing on my old desires is an obstacle for fullfilling my new desires. How can I have all my desires fullfilled if they contradict each other.

  7. #27
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Vogel View Post
    I dont know if focusing on my old desires is an obstacle for fullfilling my new desires.
    You can figure that out by how you feel, as you think about this or that. Because you can think about your old desires with pride of satisfaction and those emotions would tell you that you're focusing on those old desires in a way that's helpful to and allowing of your new desires. Or you can focus on your old desires with hatred or regret. Those emotions would tell you that you're focusing on your old desires is a way that's resisting your new desires.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vogel View Post
    How can I have all my desires fullfilled if they contradict each other.
    They don't "contradict each other" in the Vortex, so you're focusing on them in a way that's preventing you from getting in the Vortex so that you can clearly see the contents of your Vortex. That's confusion that you're feeling is letting you know that you're not yet in alignment with the perspective of your IB, that you have more alignment "work" in store for you.

    Typically, when someone asks this question, their intention to get their stuff is more important to them than feeling better. Abraham teach us that "Today--no matter where I go, no matter what I do, no matter who I do it with--nothing is more important than that I feel good."So, that's one shift you can start to make. A practical way you could implement this is to decide which desire your going to focus on simply because it's the best-feeling one to you in that moment. IOW, you direct your focus based on the emotional pleasure it will provide you, rather than the manifestation it will yield to you.

    Another shift you can make, when your desires seem to "contradict each other," is to focus more generally. It's your specific focus on your desires which makes them appear to contradict each other. Step back into a more general perspective and you'll see that they don't really "contradict each other."

  8. #28
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,199
    Quote Originally Posted by sailorboat View Post
    No really, I'm not a lazy person,...

    Again, I said nothing of the sort.

    Notice that we’re back to the same dance from your other thread, where we point out solutions and ways forward for you and you respond with how or why it’s impossible for you. (And I heard you that you’re currently manifesting extreme conditions, but it’s still the same dance, just with different music.) As Marc told you, you get to be right, so as long as you tell your story and cling to your belief that this or that is impossible for you, the LoA will provide to you evidence of your story and your belief.

    And I’m not saying that to criticise you. But I do want to point out that this is how you are creating your reality--right now. This really has nothing to do with your distant or even recent past. It’s something that you are doing right now.

    So, this might be a good point to ask you what are you expecting from your threads? I know you’ve told us you’re expecting “help,” but notice that you seem to have dismissed the help that you’ve attracted. What form of “help” do you think you would recognise or accept?

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Hands in the Clay View Post
    If you're sleeping on warehouse floors and are in dire financial straits, it is interesting that so much of your initial focus and (substantial) time invested here on the Forum has been about whether you, at age 32, can still hit on young hotties in their bars of choice.

    I would suggest that your vibration and thought patterns are very much "all over the place" and getting more firmly "anchored" (by virtue of their manifestational proof) with each passing day, and that time invested in learning to guide your thoughts would serve you well. Because you are only in the position you are in BECAUSE of your thoughts, and letting more time go by ("waiting for things to get better") before you start managing your vibration will do little more than add more momentum to your current trajectory. Again: You are where you are, you are in the circumstances you are in, because of your thought patterns and beliefs, and learning to shift those patterns and beliefs is likely the most productive thing you could learn, in the short run and the long run.

    But, you know, it's your life. And I imagine the Forum will still be here a few years from now (alas, you'll be in your mid- to late thirties by then), when you have another "aha moment," and the books, of course, will always be around.

    When you truly accept that you create your own reality (including the one you're living now), your reality will finally start to change.

    And "accept" means to internalize, not to intellectualize. Perusal of an Abe book does not a Deliberate Creator make.
    I'm actually dealing with my families financial problems, I didn't create them, I got involved because the situation became so desperate, and threw my lot in completely i.e. I went into debt to continue the fight.

    I know it sounds like what you're saying but I had a week off (stayed with some friends) for the first time in a year and all this stuff about missing out on the prime of youth and girls hit me then, since it's been bugging me since I was 28 years old but got buried in the amount of other problems I've been dealing with, that's when I wrote on here. Now that I'm back dealing with the financial problems as you can see I have very little time to talk about it.

    I am actually now back on the warehouse floor on a mattress/bed as I write

    I really want to engage with the topic properly please give me a little time to catch up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wellbeing
    Again, I said nothing of the sort.

    Notice that we’re back to the same dance from your other thread, where we point out solutions and ways forward for you and you respond with how or why it’s impossible for you. (And I heard you that you’re currently manifesting extreme conditions, but it’s still the same dance, just with different music.) As Marc told you, you get to be right, so as long as you tell your story and cling to your belief that this or that is impossible for you, the LoA will provide to you evidence of your story and your belief.

    And I’m not saying that to criticise you. But I do want to point out that this is how you are creating your reality--right now. This really has nothing to do with your distant or even recent past. It’s something that you are doing right now.

    So, this might be a good point to ask you what are you expecting from your threads? I know you’ve told us you’re expecting “help,” but notice that you seem to have dismissed the help that you’ve attracted. What form of “help” do you think you would recognise or accept?
    Please give me a chance, and I do appreciate you writing even if it appears to me that you are bollocking me over the head and I appreciate this and mean this with others as well, marc for example I really appreciate your words and you trying to help I even appreciate you closing that last thread since I believe in retrospect it was warranted, but give me a chance to respond properly. I am actually dealing with financial problems that I did not create myself and I struggle everyday with serious depression even though I keep going mentally I don't give up, emotionally i feel like hell whether it's a good day or a bad day. If I could feel better it'd make my life easier, but my default setting thought or not is very depressed, I wake up feeling like crap and I have no idea why and then I just kick myself up the arse and keep going.

    Quote Originally Posted by Klark
    Sailorboat, the Purple Lady had done a brilliant job of writing THIS:
    http://www.abeforum.com/showthread.p...l=1#post435771

    You should read it, and apply it. Its worth.
    Thank you reading it now!

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    They don't "contradict each other" in the Vortex, so you're focusing on them in a way that's preventing you from getting in the Vortex so that you can clearly see the contents of your Vortex. That's confusion that you're feeling is letting you know that you're not yet in alignment with the perspective of your IB, that you have more alignment "work" in store for you.
    yes, more alignment work to do. How about if my strongest desire is to change a decision I made in the past? Kind of fits with the topic of this post. For example, if I decided to have no kids and now I am too old to have kids, but I have the stong desire to have my own biological children? How does law of attraction work in this situation?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •