Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Destiny?

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Question:
    So, basically, we can have whatever we want?

Abraham:
    Yes, not basically.
    Absolutely, undeniably, unequivocally- yes!!

-Abe. 3/28/02

You are free to create!
    And the creative energy that creates all things is easily accessible to you.

The creative energy that creates all things is easily accessible to you. You have been granted the right and the clearance and the absolute source expectation of doing wonderful things with whatever part of the energy you care to utilize.

We want you to understand, that there has been no assignment made for you;
    there is not a big pile of things that you are supposed to move from one place to another. There is not this expectant list of things that you are supposed to create.
    You came forth with this very clear environment and clear intent that went just like this- you said:

"I think going forth will be the most exciting thing I can think of, so I would like to expose myself to these circumstances, to these varieties of ideas and beliefs and intentions and lifestyles and I would like to focus closely enough that I gather personally from my vantage point, ideas, preferences, understanding unquestionably that source will hear my request and answer me instantly.

And I understand that my environment therefore will be modified by me, moment by moment by moment. And I'm doing this, not because the environment needs to be modified. I'm doing this not because I will be unfulfilled if I don't. I'm not doing it because I need to make these marks on some chart, in order to achieve some level of perfection that some master will assign me. I will do these things because it will be joyful to do them.

I'll build the bridges that are fun to build. I'll cook the meals that are fun to cook. I'll have the relationships that are fun to have. I will grow; oh I know I will grow. I will not be able to help but expand. I will not be able to help but contribute. I will not be able to help but add onto this time space reality. I know I will be of immense value. But I am not coming forth because of value that I will offer, because that is a given. And I'm not coming forth to prove anything because there is nothing to prove.

I'm coming forth because this looks like a vacation I'd like to take. I think there will be some fun here. I think there will be some interest stirred. I think that more life will flow through me. I think that this is going to be a really good time. Therefore, I go forth.

That's what you said. That's why you are here. That's why we are all here.
    It's for the joy. And when you get your eye on the joy, everything else will fall into place.
    There is great love here for you.

-Abe 5/7/03

Is there no free will?

Abe:
    There are all kinds of things that many people believe, like cancer, that you don’t necessarily want to hold in your consciousness and activate within yourself. And so we really do not see a lot of value in trying to pin the Universe down to “truths.” Because the truth of what anyone lives is just the by-product of how they hold their thought. You see?

Q: Yes.

Abe:
    So we’ll go here with you, but we want you to understand that what is, is what someone has held in their consciousness long enough to manifest.

Q: Okay.

Abe:
    Yes. So there are a lot of “truths” that are true.

Q:
    For that person.

Abe:
    For whoever is holding them as a vibrational tendency. Yes.

Q:
    Okay, so here’s my question: before we came into physical form, was it true or is it true that we had our life plan already directed for us and therefore we have no free will?

Abe:
    It is true in the sense that you are Source Energy, coming into a fantastic environment, knowing that you are a deliberate creator, and knowing that the potential for [either] ecstasy or agony [is] there. In other words, you knew that you were a creator and you knew that the environment would inspire your moment-to-moment creation, and you knew that you were worthy, and you knew that it would be a really good time, and you knew that you are eternal beings, and you knew that you would be focused here only momentarily, and you knew that no matter what happened you would re-emerge into the pure, positive energy.

-So in that sense, you had your life planned out because you knew it would be a valuable, exciting, delicious time of adventure on the leading edge of thought.

-It is not true that every thought about what this life would be was thought before you came. If that were true, you would not have come. You came forth to let the contrast inspire the new thought, because this is a universe that is attraction-based.

So until there is an asking, there is no answering, you see. So you said, from your nonphysical God state, “I will go forth into this environment, and I - the perspective that is me - will be inspired to new desire that will call forth new life experience.” So of course that statement [that we had our life plan already directed for us] is ridiculous. We have never heard anything further from the reality of how it is established. But anyone who wants to believe that, will be powerless in their own experience, and they will make it their truth.

Q:
    Good. And that’s how I was feeling, but I was really rejecting this, and yet….

Abe:
    Well, rejecting it only activates something within you [that] you don’t want.

Q:
    Okay.

Abe:
    In other words, pushing against an idea that does not please you keeps it active within you. The thing that is tricky, you see, talking about beliefs that are dominant - this happens to physical folks because you have come to this place where you don’t understand what’s happening in your life experience because you have not been trained to pay attention to the way you feel.

-You’ve been trained to disregard the way you feel, to keep a stiff upper lip, that life isn’t supposed to be fun, and that through your struggle and hard work you justify your existence. So what happens is, you look out into environments and you see things not wanted and you shout "NO" at them, never realizing that every time you shout no at them, you activate them — and you, about it — and you hold it into your experience.

And so then, over time, as you feel no control over your experience, then you start trying to explain why you’ve got no control in your experience, and you assign it to someone else. So you give God all of the credit for what’s happening or not happening. That’s why God is such a schizophrenic in man’s eyes (laughter from audience) - God punishes and God rewards and God blesses and God damns and God curses.

-In other words, you don’t want to get crossways of God cause God could zap you with lightning, with a bolt of something and finish you off, right away.
    In other words, you’ve created this image of God as your puny excuse to explain why your life today is not going better.

And we say, the only reason your life today is not going better is because you don’t control of your own vibrations.

You’re flowing vibrations all over the place. You’re observing stuff you don’t want, you’re observing stuff you want, you’re observing stuff you don’t want, you’re observing stuff you want. -And you’re looking all over the place, activating it all over the place. You’re like a cork on a raging sea, and you say, “I don’t have any control over my life. Somebody else must have control of my life. And the fact that my life sucks or the fact that my life is going well must be that somebody had a plan for me, and I can’t do anything about it. I’ll just live my life."
    (Laughter from audience.)

And we say, you’ve come here to be creators.
    You are creators, that’s why you’re here!!
    Let the God that is within you shine through you, but you have to feel the shining out. In other words, you cannot allow it to come, while you’re grumbling about what is.

Religion is such an interesting thing because you have fashioned it in order to explain where you are. When what you are about is coming forth to be who you are and to allow who you are, you see.

-Abe 9/23/02