Thread: Can my posts be deleted?

Can my posts be deleted?

Is there any way my old posts (from 2015 and before) can be deleted or edited? Can the threads that I've started also be deleted? I've posted a lot of really embarrassing stuff here and I had a stupid habit of signing each post with my real name. I know it would mess up thread continuity but I really, really regret my posts. Even editing them to get the jist across without the embarrassing details would be enough. Can anything be done for this?

Super Moderator Hands in the Clay's Avatar
    Threads are a cocreation, and deleting them just because you were OOTV when you started them means all those who were so generous with their time, making an effort to guide and assist you, will have their wonderful advice deleted, as well. Threads are like vibrations: If you don't reactivate them, they will usually fall into oblivion on their own.

I've flagged your request to the rest of the team, but be advised that, as a rule, we don't "clean up" after members. Which is why we make it clear in the Posting Guidelines that you should stop, reflect, and see how your post feels before hitting "send"...

Thank you. I totally understand and like I said, even if I could just edit my posts it would be enough. Everyone's replies would stay intact that way. I didn't care much for posting guidelines back then and I'm facepalming so hard now as a result, aah.

Super Moderator Hands in the Clay's Avatar
    Well, face-palming is a gesture people perform when they feel a certain kind of emotion - shame, for instance. You've got all the Abe Processes you could use here to feel differently, because nothing matters more than feeling good, or at least better than you do right now. A superb opportunity to apply what you know!