Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819

Thread: What desires are- and how to deal with them

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Question:
    So, basically, we can have whatever we want?

Abraham:
    Yes, not basically.
    Absolutely, undeniably, unequivocally- yes!!

-Abe. 3/28/02

There is not something you’re supposed to do.
    There’s not something that you should do.
    There is only that which you are inspired to do.

And how do you get inspired except by the contrast? It’s the life experience that gives you the idea of the desire, and then as you focus upon the desire, the Energy flows.

Excerpted from Philadelphia, PA on 4/14/98

HS:
    I know itīs none of my business, but I love your sparkles.

Abe:
    ANYTHING thatīs pleasing to you IS your business!

from the clip
    Abraham Hicks 2017 EVERY Moment... Law of Attraction French Riviera Mediterranean Cruise Sept

Itīs not Materialism that makes you unhappy.
    Itīs Disalignment with your desires!
    thank you Qzi

When you do not have enough of something wanted, it is you who is depriving yourself, but what you are wanting is alignment more than the stuff that you think you want.

Now, we want you to want all that stuff, we want you, because you are out here in the leading edge, someone said yesterday "Well, not so sure that this stuff that I want is really as spiritual as I want to be", and we say,

this stuff out here on the leading edge is the extension of what spirit is; there is nothing that is not spiritual about your materialism, because you are the extension of source energy.

But there is a physical aspect of you that is out of sync with the spirit that is you, just as there are physical aspects of you that are IN sync with the spirit that is you. So, it is not materialism that is tripping you up, it is having asked for that which Source has endorsed and become, and then holding yourself in vibrational opposition to it, that makes to begin to write books about the inappropriateness of wanting material things.

9/09 LA, CA

The secret of the Universe

The secret of the universe really is minding your own business.
    What we mean by that is: don’t get so involved in the desires or beliefs of others, that you cause confusion or chatter in your own vibration, and compromise your own alignment.

When you let nothing be more significant than your own alignment with your own desire,
    then everything in the universe is working in concert for you. It is, anyway, but you’re not letting it in, if you are misaligned.

-Abe 9/28/02

Desires are stronger than Beliefs

Your desires are always stronger [than your beliefs]
    because your desires have been accumulating over lifetimes really.
    You've added to your desires - this is the sifting and sorting through life. [...]
    Law of Attraction has been [...] calling together the cooperative components.
    So the desire factor is always ENORMOUS in comparison to the belief factor.

But the belief factor is not to be unnoticed because you've been building moment about that for a long time.

Why is [a desire] ever challenged by a belief [... if the belief] is considerably weaker?
    [Because beliefs are based on "What is".]
    Why does "What is" often dominate your vibrational game?

Because "What is" is translated through your physical senses and your physical senses are more keenly NOTICED by you than your emotional senses.

[And LOA is all about the power of FOCUS, and what you NOTICE. Even if the emotional factor of Desire is strong, if your focus is on beliefs that are based on "What is", the focus makes beliefs appear to be more powerful than the Desire. But really the pure feel-good desire is more powerful - if only that was where your focus was.]

- From the clip "Abraham Hicks ~ Your Gut Says More Than Your Senses" - Extracted from the 2016-04-23 to 30 Cancun Mex Cruise

Youīve been sifting and sorting, and youīve been launching rockets of desire, and there are things that you want, that you donīt have... -you THINK. (long pause)

But there is NOTHING that you want, that you DON`T HAVE.

There are a few things that you want, that you have not yet allowed to manifest fully, in your experience!

BUT THATīS DIFFERENT THAN NOT HAVING THEM.

Abraham-Hicks ~ You are the CREATOR of Your Own Reality

Some examples of desires that are common to many physical beings:

"What kinds of things would really ring my bells?

Well, I would like to have a confidence about me so that when I'm moving through traffic I feel guided about where to go.

I'd like to have good timing.

I would like to feel that I am riding on a cloud or a magic carpet of momentum.

I would like to feel the universal forces working with me.

I would like to look into the world and have a sense of who I am.

I would like to have a full sense of who I am.

I would really like to be so integrated with the fullness of who I am that I am accepting this world in the fullness of all that it is.

I would like to look into this world and I would like to appreciate the compoennts that have been before that have led to what is now.

I would like to live in a constant state of appreciation.

I would like to be an uplifter.
    I would like everyone who comes into contact with me to benefit as a result of our being together.
    I would like to not feel bad when that does not happen.
    I would like to be in a place where I'm not close to my best; where I'm not even close to my best; and not beat up on myself for not being at my best because I know that like the ocean I have ebb and flow too.

I would like to be completely accepting of myself and of everyone else.

and I would like to trust in the LOA and the information that it gives to me.

I want to be the Being that I was born to be.
    I want to be in this physical body and I want to be all that I was born to be.

I want to have FUN.

And I want to have CLARITY.

And I want to feel ENERGY.

And I want to feel GOOD.

And I want to wake up EAGER for the day.

I want to sleep good.

And I want to eat well.

I want others to have that too.

[...]

I'd like to TUNE into the frequency of who I am and spread the joy of who I am.

I'd like to BE consistently in my own JOY.

I'd like to be a catalyst to helping more people to feel good.

[...]

I'd like to be so TRUE to my vibrational frequency that everything that I want is flowing into me and anything that I don't want is flowing out of me; understanding that there will always be contrast on the edge of what I am living.

I'd like to control my contrast better.
    I'd like to be better at inviting the contrast.
    I'd like the contrast to come in the form of a question to which I am seeking an answer rather than in the form of a problem to which I am needing a solution.

I'd like the problems of the world to be distant enough from me that I am able to see them in an objective sort of sense. [...]

I want to KNOW that Source energy is always flowing to me and through me. Always flowing to me and through me, available at all times, and I want to feel alright about not being in the vibrational vicinity of it.
    I love knowing that Source loves me at all times, even when I'm not in the vibrational vicinity of it.

I like knowing that pure positive energy has its gaze upon me at all times.

[...]
    I'm gonna have way more fun.
    I'm gonna look for reasons to feel good.
    I'm gonna take good care of me.
    I'm gonna serve myself first and foremost.
    I'm gonna tend to my Vortex.

[...]
    Well, I say I'm gonna do that and I'm probably not going to do that.
    But it's gonna be more alright with me when I don't do that.
    I'm not gonna set standards for myself that I can't keep.
    I'm gonna do my best to feel good more of the time. "

- Abe

- From the clip: Abraham Hicks - Meditate like this everyday!

When the Bigness of your desire overwhelms you...

When you are uncomfortable because (your desire) feels bigger than you are ready to manage, or ready to allow, if you just say to yourself (...) "Well, I donīt have to allow it all at once. Getting ready to be ready to be ready to be ready! And I am feeling satisfied in what I what I am ready for, NOW."

That really is the key!
    "I am feeling satisfaction NOW- on my way to more satisfaction, on my way to more, on my way to more."

from the clip
    Abraham Hicks 2017 Good Feelings - Law of Attraction Alaskan Cruise July Workshop

About whales and so many more treasures, ALL being there for you

HS tells about a beautiful, very extraordinary rendezvous with a humpback whale.

Abe:
    The Universe has lined up SO many things that you are desiring,
    that is ready to present itself to you! -But... the timing of you, the readiness of you, the reception of you, the translation of you the RECEIVING of you!

So these are manifestations that are way out here, in the physical. Iow, this is a manifestation a while in coming. Itīs been coming all the way down, and it was thrilling as it comes, and you can get hung up on wanting that, wanting that, wanting that.

We want you to want this, too- and this, too, and this, too and this, too! And savor this...

Because, in the same moment, in the same exact moment you can hear this: In the same exact moment that youīr getting THIS full manifestation of these magnificent beasts, playing with you in this precise way that you and your friends sort of decided it to be, -thatīs thrilling, ohh!! You feel the power of that. And you feel the alignment and the connection of the Universe, and the power of your own clarity. This is SUCH a wonderful thing.

But in the same moment that this is happening, so it this. And so is this, and so is this, and so is this, and so is this, and so is this, and so is this and so is this and so is this and so is this!

-And so many people are only happy in THESE moments. But itīs BECAUSE of all of this, all of this, all of this, all of this, all of this- that THAT could be!!

So, here is this whale, oh- there was some wale in, all along the way. But there are so many other subjects, so many other things, OTHER things. And so when you say "better and better and better and better"- maybe some of the OTHER subjects are starting highfiving you, too.

from the clip
    Abraham Hicks 2017 A Whale of a Story - Law of Attraction Alaskan Cruise July Workshop