Thread: Can you unsubscribe from a thread?

Can you unsubscribe from a thread?

Still new here and figuring out all the workings of the forum : )

Is there a way to unsubscribe to a thread you've subscribed to?
    I enjoy receiving email updates for some threads, but it would be nice to be able to contribute to some threads without automatically subscribing to them - or to be able to switch on or off selected subscriptions so that I can manually choose which threads I receive emails for. Is this possible?

Thanks!

oh! Never mind - I think I found out how!

- Click Settings at the top of the page
    - Click "View all subscribed threads" button
    - Tick the boxes for the threads you want to change
    - Scroll down to "Selected Threads" drop-down button and click
    - Then you have the option to delete subscriptions, or update subscription types to make them visible through your contorl panel only, instantly using email, daily using email or weekly using email.

Just thought I'd post my findings in case it's useful to anyone else who couldn't find out how to do this initially!

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    You can either delete the subscriptions in your "Settings" (klick "Setting" in the menu in the blue border, on the right side, all on the top of each page)
    or you can unsubscribe when you click "Thread Tools" and then choose "unsubscribe from thread", on the right side, a bit lower than the other menu on top of each page.

You sure can!

There are two ways to change your subscription settings after the fact. You can go to the thread in question. You'll notice a header bar across the top of the thread, with some options along the right side of that header bar. The first of those options is "Thread Tools." Click on that and you'll see an option to "Unsubscribe From This Thread" (if you've already subscribed to it).

The other way is to click on the Quick Links link along the bottom of the masthead found atop every page of this Forum. On the pull-down menu that you're presented with, click on "Subscribed Thread." That will take you to your Subscription page, where you can change or delete any of your existing Subscriptions, including how you wish to notified about your Subscriptions.

BIG posts X

ahh good to know about the "Thread Tools" option too which I hadn't spotted until now. A handy shortcut!

Thank you so much WB & P-O-E

Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post
    BIG posts X
    haha yes! Having the option to manage subscriptions for those super long threads that go on for years would be nice

When you are TITITO, you are "subscribed" anyway to be in the middle of fun, all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by spiritualcookie View Post
    I enjoy receiving email updates
    Maybe you also would like to shift your Settings from email-updates (they can clutter the email-account pretty fast) into by-hand looking into what became updated?

You do that again by clicking on "Settings" (where all your subscribed updated threads show automatically) and then, click in the menu on the right side, "My account"- > General settings,
    and then in the list that pops up "Messaging and Notification".

A bit lower you can also click when you want a wider variety of emoticons, that is to choose in the "miscellaneous options", check "enhanced interface (Wysiwyg)".

Ah wonderful info - very useful to know! Thank you POE