Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213

Thread: 'Tis the season (for appreciation)!

Yesterday I had a medical appointment and for no reason at all I was so completely confident and comfortable and happy in my own skin. I felt beautiful and attractive and healthy and fit. It's not that there aren't things about my body that could be improved...it's just that yesterday, it didn't bother me. This is what I've been reaching for my entire life!!! This was a HUGE experience for me, I'm so excited, it felt so real and tangible and as Lewis Carroll/Charles Dodgson would say in his weird journals, I'm marking this day with a white stone! and I will remember it especially during periods when I'm feeling less confident. It's such a testament to how I DON"T need conditions to change to feel better.

Also I just felt so very in tune with every person I met and interacted with all day.

Last week someone who I like very much sent me an email that said that whenever I'm in the room I just somehow make everything better. It was maybe the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me, and I think I really internalized that comment- I know I created it, but I'm deliberately taking that feeling and amping it up! Because I've noticed it everywhere I go, I make real connections with people, we laugh together and/or skip the small talk and get right to the heart of things, I feel so appreciated by so many people, even if it's just a quick interaction. I had another person last week look at me like he was amazed at what was happening, and said he was just having such a good time with our conversation and how I was such a good listener.

While in a few moments of rest at this appointment yesterday these words kept coming to me:

I'm flowing, I'm floating, I'm flying!!!!

The energy that creates worlds flows to me and through me

Magical

Quote Originally Posted by bearsbeetsbattlestar View Post
    The energy that creates worlds flows to me and through me

Magical
    So happy to hear it BBB
    And i hope you are back to your running ways again... It sounds like you love running...

Have a wonderful and magical weekend my friend...

Quote Originally Posted by JDL View Post
    So happy to hear it BBB
    And i hope you are back to your running ways again... It sounds like you love running...

Have a wonderful and magical weekend my friend...
    Not yet but I am getting there! I'm going to physical therapy and I really love it- I'm getting stronger and more fit every day and laying the groundwork for years of running to come in my future. I love the place I'm going and everyone is so lovely and funny and helpful.

And yes while I'm liking sleeping in a little bit in the mornings, I miss running! I ran 3 half marathons in December, each one under two hours, it felt AMAZING!!!! All in good time...

I just love it so much when I meet someone and we just connect instantly, it feels electric!

I just remembered a few months ago when I was at a medical appointment, I mentioned something to the practitioner about how I was getting really good at 'self-soothing,' and without skipping a beat he replied, 'well, is there any other kind?'

It was the PERFECT response, we were right there on the same level.

Funny how this happens more and more and more.

About a year ago I went to a new dentist that I didn't like and had a very unpleasant experience. I soothed and did some work, and shortly after that found a new dentist that I absolute adore, she is wonderful and such an amazing person, when I leave her office I have 10x as much energy as I did when I walked in the door!

Then I found these acupuncturists that I love! We have the most crazy conversations, I never know what's in store when I walk in.

My relationship with my primary care doc has totally transformed- when I go see him we end up chatting for so long I start feeling bad that his other patients are probably waiting, listening to us laugh and joke!

Now I've had the opportunity to interact with a whole host of new people at this PT facility, and every person is more delightful than the last.

I'm starting to realize as I type this that there is a huge difference in how I feel after I spend time with some individuals vs. others. Sometimes leaving a person I have a buzz that takes hours to wear off! It's so fun, and interesting that I never consciously noticed this until now. I want more of this, it's a blast!

And I've noticed something about me too- I'M different. Without even really trying, when I'm in PT, each time a trainer or therapist comes over and talks to me, making an adjustment or suggestion, they walk away laughing. It's absolutely crazy the shift in how people are responding to me suddenly. I didn't even really DO anything, other than just daily journaling and going through the steps of soothing on various topics. It feels like magic, really. I haven't journaled in about a week, but I'm definitely going to start again today if this is the result!

It's so funny how I forget, for little pockets throughout the day, that I'm a deliberate creator.

But then I remember!!!!! And it's like instant relief.

There have been so many times when I woke up grouchy about something but ended up having the most amazing day, totally inspired, full of joy, co-creating with other inspired people, just light and sparkles everywhere. I just have a feeling that this is going to be one of those days, I can't wait to see how it all unfolds