Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112

Thread: 'Tis the season (for appreciation)!

Hey thanks! I will be celebrating in about two days from now. Hehehe. I'm thankful that I'm still here strong healthy and happy. ❤

I just did some deliberate soothing on topic A...just a little going general, a tiny reach for a better feeling thought, nothing big, just a gentle shift.

Well right after that I had moved on and had a sudden flash- BOOM!- on a totally different topic...something I've been stuck on for a long time, trying to move up the scale but I've never been stable and keep sliding back down. It was like I had a vision of how it can all work out just fine. And it made me realize that I still have a very negative expectation, even in my wildest imagination I'm still negatively focused. But there was this one little crack that made me think, 'oh!!!! THAT'S how it could work out in a really fun and joyful and easy way!!!!'

Without realizing it I'd just assumed that the solution would be weird and uncomfortable and that was my best case scenario! Ha! That's no 'solution.' I guess I didn't have access to this fun little new pathway in my own imagination until just now. But now I can see clearly at least one way in which this situation could (will?) just resolve itself in such a fun way, no discomfort, just fun and joy.

The relief that flooded in was awesome. AND, I'm going to remember this moment for a long time, I think this is a very important example to remember, of my own limitations based on where I've been focusing and how there's so much more out there once I chill out and open up to it. It's like only being able to see green and suddenly I open my eyes and am able to see the blue color spectrum too! This will be a key part of my going general/reaching for BFTs I think...to remember that over time I will have access to better and better feeling thoughts, new solutions will present themselves as I continue to spend more and more time ITV and at the upper part of the emotional scale, or even just the thought that maybe I don't know everything about this topic right this second and more will come to be soon.

Lovely almond flavored green tea.

Ease of Christmas shopping this year...doing everything online...click click click, all finished! And I have to say, I really did fantastic job picking things out.

Choices. Tonight I can choose to go out or stay in. Totally up to me. I think I will decide right in the moment.

It's been such a lovely, quiet month so far. This month's theme of 'self care' has been so fantastic. I'm not doing anything big, just little daily habits that make me feel like I'm taking excellent care of myself...
    getting adequate sleep
    drinking tons of water
    eating delicious meals with multiple courses, carefully planned with lots of different colors and textures and flavors
    burning yummy fall scented candles
    sitting quietly with the christmas lights twinkling all around me, my christmas tree is so gorgeous and I love all the ornaments, some from when I was just a little thing
    moisturizing my skin
    running every day and stretching before and after
    using the humidifier at work where it's so dry
    taking baths
    doing face masks
    flossing every night
    taking vitamins and supplements (I know, I know...but it's the path of least resistance for me)
    reading a lovely book about housekeeping, it's so inspiring
    listening to music, working on new playlists...the power of music when synced with an already good mood is something to behold!
    snuggling with the cat every day, even if she's being an asshole

Also I decided that, instead of eating whatever all December like I usually do and wake up on January 1st bloated and miserable, I'm going to have a very different experience this year. I've taken out the need to make a hundred decisions every day of 'do I eat this? do I nibble on that? Should I have a sliver of this cake? (we have lots of food in the office, esp during the holidays) by just making a blanket statement that I'm not going to have any of it. In fact I challenged myself to lose as many pounds as possible between last Monday and the end of the year. I'm pretty happy with my weight in general, I think I look pretty good these days actually, but I'm just fine tuning at this point. It's been 1.5 weeks and I've already lost 3 pounds! I started at 120- could I get to 110 by year-end?! Maybe! As soon as it feels like hard work I'm going to ease up but so far it's been fun and easy and I'm eating lots of good food and even drinking a little. I'll definitely splurge on a few holiday-related food items, just not on EVERY holiday treat this year.

Today I have a handyman coming over and completing a whole laundry list of things I've wanted to get done for a very long time. I'm SO excited, I can't wait to get home from work to see it all!!!! I just so much appreciate being able to afford to hire someone who knows what they are doing. Even though it's just a rental it's worth every penny. Being at home is one of my favorite things!!! And now it will be even cozier and happier. It's not even 11:00 and I'm so excited to go back home, lolol!

Quote Originally Posted by bearsbeetsbattlestar View Post
    Today I have a handyman coming over and completing a whole laundry list of things I've wanted to get done for a very long time. I'm SO excited, I can't wait to get home from work to see it all!!!! I just so much appreciate being able to afford to hire someone who knows what they are doing. Even though it's just a rental it's worth every penny. Being at home is one of my favorite things!!! And now it will be even cozier and happier. It's not even 11:00 and I'm so excited to go back home, lolol!

It's Thursday! And my office is closed tomorrow and Monday, so I'm on the cusp of a lovely 4-day holiday weekend!

I'm going to have a nice, balanced weekend with lots of eating, resting, exercise, down time, productive time, movie watching, sleeping late, gift giving, hot chocolate drinking, walk taking, gift opening, memory making.

I'm excited for Mr. BBB to open his gifts. also the cat

I'm wobbling a lot lately because of some pain in my hip from running, BUT...I've decided I'm not going to stress about it too much. There could be something for me to learn here, like how to diversify away from just running maybe, how to incorporate different kinds of exercise, how to take a couple days off and get back on the horse, etc. Maybe I just live in the moment for the rest of this long weekend and take things as they come, enjoy my time off, allow myself to be a little lazy some of the time and just CHILL. I'm sure a little rest would do me good.

Well now I seem to have manifested bigger and bigger pain in my hip flexor, despite taking days off from running and doing extra stretches and yoga, etc. Last night it was so bad I could barely take two steps. Today it's marginally better but I can't even think about going for a run.

This really sucks. Right now I'm feeling a lot of self blame, thinking obviously I'm not in the pretty good vibration place I thought I was if something like this happened. I know there is one big area that I haven't quite addressed properly yet, and I've allowed this one big thing to keep my vibration a little lower than it could be. I know this. Well, maybe there are a couple other small areas. Yeah ok, maybe I've been a little lazy with my focus all around lately. I admit I've been pretty bored/uninspired most of the time, at least for the past several weeks.

Yes ok, I have been lazy. But beating myself up about this isn't getting me anywhere and it feels terrible. Instead I'm going to think of this as an opportunity. It's possible that I've been using running, my new hobby of sorts, as a way to distract myself from doing the work, at least some of the time. It certainly has taken a lot of my time and energy and focus over the past several months! And I'm really proud of my progress- I ran 3 half marathons this month! I was going to do a 4th but it looks like that's not in the cards, oh well.

Yes, maybe this is an opportunity to clean some things up. Maybe these things have been trying to get my attention for a while now but I have been ignoring them and going for runs and getting so tired and taking naps, instead of taking some quiet time to just be honest with myself about how I feel and gently start to soothe some things. And if I don't address these things now they will only get bigger, maybe with some bigger physical illness than a sore hip, which I most definitely do not want.

I'm feeling really scared to delve into some of these things, because the times I've tried it in the past it didn't stick. I'm sure I was just trying to jump too far, so that's something to avoid. Whelp, I know what I need to do. I've tried to fix this in the muggle way and it's not working, so I guess it's time for a little bravery.

Whelp, after a week of chipping away at the one remaining 'big issue' that I've been avoiding for ages, I think some stuff just shifted in a very real way. It feels good. I've gone from hopeless and helpless and depressed to now doubtful or pessimistic...but if I find myself back down on the EGS when I work on this again tomorrow it's fine. This has been good for me, because I'm allowing myself to feel negative emotion (to 'get really real,' no HFSers here) more than ever before. And I'm giving myself lots of credit for being really brave!

I uncovered two pretty big limiting beliefs and I'm tackling them one at a time, carefully examining the 'evidence' I've been using as 'proof' that this belief is a fact- because as an Aber I know a belief is just a thought I've been thinking. And now it's time to think in a different way. It's so crazy how I've only been seeing the evidence that supported my old story, and just totally ignored or discounted any bits of information that contradicted it.

Actually now that I think about it, TNS would be a really nice way to move through the next phase of this project! I love this process...realizing what the old story has been, which often sounds crazy once I write it out! then slowly and deliberately tweaking it so that it feels better and better...yes this topic lends itself very naturally to the TNS process. I'm going to start today!

Just came across a very lovely, timely, and powerful Abraham quote:

If you see a flaw in someone, it's NOT their flaw!

Love this, good reminder.

Today I am feeling lighthearted and am dreaming big...for no reason in particular. I'm optimistic and looking forward to the rest of the day and the week.