Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: 'Tis the season (for appreciation)!

Have been feeling more and more appreciation for my physical body lately. This is a big deal for me! I was nowhere near the vicinity of appreciation on this topic for most of my adult life. But yesterday I found myself on a prolonged rampage of appreciation and admiration and it was AMAZING. Felt so nice. More of this, please.

Have been dipping my toe into step 5 waters. Yesterday I was feeling bored and uninspired for no reason. After journaling and going general (negative to neutral to positive, in a very focused but natural way) I ended with the consideration that maybe there's value in the experience that I'm having, value in the negative emotion, i.e. expansion or whatever...I know that feeling good is the goal but maybe it's ok to just be for a little while. Maybe it's ok to have a lower vibration day every once in a while. Honestly bored isn't SO bad, compared to where I used to hang out most of the time.

And I just felt very soothed by this and by not feeling a rush to feel better, I felt easy about it all, knowing that all was well and that this isn't a big deal. But like, really KNOWING this and not just saying the words. I think that's step 5? Not being so out of sorts about having a step 1 experience.

Where I live we are embarking on a 5-day series of the most perfect fall weather a girl could ask for. And it's coming at the perfect time, right when I have a bunch of fall/halloween activities planned! Crisp and chilly at night, low humidity, warmish during the day if you're standing in the sun. Just right for hosting scary movie night this weekend; I'm going to light tons of candles and put together a nice food and drink spread and have a blast getting scared silly! And apple picking on Sunday out in the country. It all happened kind of by accident but I couldn't have designed a better weekend if I'd tried. And I have a fun dinner out on Friday night and I'm taking the day off of work on Monday just for fun. I love this about my job, it's all very easy and flexible.

Speaking of my job...I've done a little deliberate work (nothing heavy, all easy and light and very quick) on a work relationship I was feeling uneasy about and it's totally turned around. It's so funny how quickly and completely this happened, it feels like magic, like performed some kind of witchy spell! The delight of deliberate creation- the 'I DID THAT!' feeling. It's so good. Sometimes even eclipses the benefits of the situation itself, lol.

I realized that what I really wanted was to feel appreciated and valued and most of all secure. I want to feel taken care of and safe and secure when it comes to my job. I feel like that sometimes now, but it's not totally stable and I want to spend a little more time focusing and feeling good about work, and my boss, and my compensation, and my future with this company. I think this will pay off big time, as I still catch myself feeling insecure from time to time.