Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: 'Tis the season (for appreciation)!

"You don’t have to understand energy flow. You don’t have to understand the vibrational dynamics. If you would just decide to play the game of appreciation, you would live happily ever after. That one game is the only tool you ever need to allow the energy to flow. You’d suddenly have more friends. Everybody that is wanting to be happy would gravitate around you. You would vibrate in harmony with positive things. Things that are not in harmony with what you appreciate could not be a part of your experience. You’d start living a better life. Anything that you ever appreciated would begin to flow into your experience. And you would say, "Man, I must have stepped into another dimension." AH

I love this good weather we're having.

I love that I have access to so much really high quality food. I don't even have to really do anything to get it, anywhere I am there's a shocking number of choices within a single city block. Just the things I have had to eat and drink so far today are a marvel...things that come from all over the world, the culmination of an entire civilization's experience and crafting. I just read an article about poor seed quality in Uganda and I guess that got me going on a rampage of appreciation WRT the amazing quality and quantity of food products in the developed world. We grow SO MUCH here, it's unbelievable. And then we have enough to feed to other countries, if they need or want it.

Sometimes I get a little grumpy about how much time and effort involved in food prep and cooking but it's really not so bad, plus I have lots of options for things I can just buy already cooked. Plus I have the most amazing kitchen items, all designed to make the job even easier and faster:
    Tons of plates, bowls, mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons for both dry and wet ingredients, pots and pans of all sizes, special pans for special things, a grill pan to leave fun grill marks- and soon I'll be buying my first outdoor grill, I'm SO STOKED!!!
    Utensils: spatulas of different shapes and sizes, mixing spoons of all different types, sizes, materials, different sized whisks, vegetable brushes, funnels, collanders of different sizes, a microplane, fancy vegetable peelers, even a device that turns zucchini into pasta shapes! tons of crazy cookie cutters (lobster shaped cookie, anyone), super fancy knives, so many I don't even use them all
    Appliances: toaster, fancy food processor, professional grade kitchenaid stand mixer, immersion blender, a mini processor thing that I've never even used, my much beloved slow cooker, a meat thermometer, oh yeah a really nice gas oven, a broiler, a microwave, a fridge and a freezer
    Really beautiful white casserole dishes from Crate and Barrel, they are ceramic and absolutely beautiful, it's actually kind of weird how much I love these dishes
    The most beautiful cast iron/enamel pot with lid in the absolute most perfect shade of green, I love it so much that I keep it on top of the stove all the time instead of putting it away in a cabinet
    An electric kettle (plus one at work!) that I use all day, every day
    A full set of big balloon wine glasses
    4 of the most delicately beautiful champagne flutes
    Fun 1960's whiskey tumblers

Not to mention a fully stocked spice cabinet with spices from literally all over the globe. It's incredible to think that wars used to be fought over something I can get at any corner bodega for $3. I have so many spices that I could never even use all of them.

I also have tons of wine and booze! I like to be able to offer guests a drink when we have a party or they stop by unexpectedly. I like to cook for people. I did it a little too much over the holidays and took a break but I think I might be ready to do something again. I'm so lucky that we can afford to do this without worrying about it. We're so lucky that food uses up such a small portion of our income.

And I also love that, whenever I run out of ideas for what to cook, 10 minutes browsing on the internet and I have a full weeks' worth of menus all set. Or for fun I can text my sister or my mom and ask if they have any suggestions. And since I order my groceries online I can do all my meal planning and grocery shopping from my desk at work.
    Last edited by bearsbeetsbattlestar; 02-13-2017 at 02:20 PM. Reason: added more stuff!

I was in the most fabulously awesome mood yesterday, I had so much energy and was on a HFD all afternoon! I was inspired to go food shopping and make some extra special valentines treats for my sweet. I was walking on sunshine and I felt great! Then this morning I woke up on my own, 7 minutes before my alarm went off, which is one of my all-time favorite things!! I'd like to do that more often.

I'm a little lower-energy today, which is ok. I'd say I'm content. But I do miss feeling inspired, it was such a fun time. I'd like to reach for some appreciation on an easy topic.

My job is so great. My company is so great. I no longer dread Sunday nights or Monday mornings. I used to think my boss was scary and mean but then I started looking for things to appreciate and things turned around 180 degrees. Yesterday he gave me the biggest grin ever for no reason, it was so silly it just made me crack up! He never hassles me about anything anymore, we joke and chat and interact but it's all light and easy and fun. I love having coworkers that I can trust. They are the perfect combination of smart and ultra reliable but also really super fun to be around. I can't even believe I got so lucky. I can come and go pretty much whenever I want, nobody counts vacation days and take, like, month long trips overseas. I mean it's just about a perfect situation for me. I also get paid a LOT of money. And I actually enjoy the work, 90% of the time. I could do a little more Abe work on one area that I'm not super excited about to bump that number up a little bit.

Also: I joined a gym over the weekend! I'd been thinking about it for a long time and I finally just walked over there and signed up. The price was only about 60% of what I thought I was going to have to pay per month, and the joining fee was reduced from $100 to $10. Score! Everybody was so nice and one of the gym members even complimented my sweater. I went for my first visit on Sunday and had a total blast. I love the treadmill. I can't wait to go back. They have a really nice locker area, and plenty of towels, and everything is nice and clean. And it's pretty big and not too crowded. I'm really excited about it.

My birthday is coming up in less than a month!! I'm already making lists of stuff I'm going to do and buy. I always treat myself during birthday week, I do one special thing per day. I LOVE birthday week.

I listened to a lovely bit from an Abraham workshop this morning on my walk to work and I feel so inspired. I've been really feeling ready to receive the message in new ways, different than before. For some reason the word that keeps popping up in my mind is 'open,' or more precisely 'opening up.' I'm opening up, ready to receive all the good things.

Today I want to go on a little rampage of appreciation for all the things I have that help me get ready for work, to be clean and look nice.
    Hot water, a great big (pink!) bathtub
    Cranberry scented shampoo and conditioner that makes my hair look gorgeous and is gentle but also super inexpensive
    Peppermint body wash, helps me feel awake and alert
    All types of scrubs and cloths
    Fancy foot scrubby thing that I LOVE
    A razor that is good quality and ships directly to my mailbox
    Super fancy facial scrubber device
    My favorite face soap
    Super fancy hair dryer, this thing is like the Ferrari of hair dryers, I can go from soaking to dry in 6 minutes!
    Flat iron, curlers, curling iron
    The BEST makeup. I LOVE LOVE LOVE all the makeup that I have. It's so fun to put on, I really enjoy picking different color combinations every day.
    Soft fluffy towels and a warm fuzzy robe and slippers
    Super important: high quality green tea to help me wake up and start my day, an electric kettle that heats up really fast, and stainless straws with filters that I carefully picked out online and I absolutely love that let me drink loose tea without eating the leaves
    Peppermint essential oil
    An electric toothbrush, toothpaste and mouthwash that I like a lot
    All types of lotions and creams that all smell fantastic
    I love my morning routine and all the fun products that I have! I like keeping things simple in general but not when it comes to all my favorite beauty products and rituals!

Also my boss just walked up to me and said the funniest thing, I couldn't help it I had to laugh a big belly laugh and then text Mr. BBB what he said. So cute and funny!
    Love it

Quote Originally Posted by bearsbeetsbattlestar View Post
    "You don’t have to understand energy flow. You don’t have to understand the vibrational dynamics. If you would just decide to play the game of appreciation, you would live happily ever after. That one game is the only tool you ever need to allow the energy to flow. You’d suddenly have more friends. Everybody that is wanting to be happy would gravitate around you. You would vibrate in harmony with positive things. Things that are not in harmony with what you appreciate could not be a part of your experience. You’d start living a better life. Anything that you ever appreciated would begin to flow into your experience. And you would say, "Man, I must have stepped into another dimension." AH

I would say you have this one nailed good...

It a pleasure to read and im so thrilled for your success...

And its so wonderful to know once you get booted ootv you have easy access again... Because now you know what to do to get back ITV...

It's absolutely incredible how much time I've been spending on this HFD. It's happening so much and for really long stretches, and for absolutely no reason at all.

I don't NEED to look for appreciation or positive aspects, but I feel like it! So here goes:
    Lovely lovely fun dinner date last night with the hubbs, we ate SO MUCH and had a great time. Conversation was easy and effortless and light. Not so bad when you've known someone for 25 years and you can still find fun and interesting things to talk about. He's the person on the planet that I feel the most comfortable and genuine with- well, maybe tied with my sister. He's so stinking cute sometimes I can't stand it. He laughed his ass off the other night at The Wizard of Oz at every line that the cowardly Lion said, and I in turn laughed at him laughing. The better it gets, the better it gets.

I have no plans tonight. I'm stoked about it.

I do have plans Friday night. I'm stoked about that too.

I don't have plans Saturday, and I can't wait.

I do have plans Sunday, and it's going to be a blast!

I have Monday off from work!!!! I can't wait!!! I think I'll paint the kitchen navy and green, just because I feel like it. And then I'll hang a great big mirror (a mirror in the kitchen? why the hell not??) on the wall and get some shelves and start my own little herb garden.

It seems like I'm excited about everything these days!

Quote Originally Posted by JDL View Post
    I would say you have this one nailed good...

It a pleasure to read and im so thrilled for your success...

And its so wonderful to know once you get booted ootv you have easy access again... Because now you know what to do to get back ITV...
    YESSSS! There's no fear or worry about getting back in, not really. And there shouldn't be. Because we keep expanding, asking for more, rinse, repeat. There will always be contrast. And that's the point. I'm finally starting to REALLY GET that. The expansion is the point. Or rather, the fun of imagining something and FEELING it into being...the reward isn't when it shows up, it's the fun and inspiration and passion and love and connection and magic of bringing it about.

Some things I'm appreciating today:
    My sweet hubbs, he's too cute!

This project I'm working on at work...it's tedious but really important and it's an honor to be asked. Plus it's bringing me closer to my boss, I feel like we're partners, in this together. Plus I just love where I am on our little corporate ladder, I love not being in charge. If I can't figure something out I just push it back to someone else! LOL. I like not having ultimate responsibility, though I will do everything in my power to help get things done.

It's Friday, woot woot! Long weekend ahead of me. I'm really looking forward to going back to the gym each morning.

Half day at work, very much ready to have lunch, read for a while, meditate, and take a nap with my little cat.

Had a somewhat difficult exchange with a friend earlier...it just really reminded me of how far I've come. The peace I've found over the last 2.5 years. I looked at myself in the mirror this morning when getting dressed and actually said out loud, 'I can't believe I used to be so mean to myself. Look how cute this body is!' And it's not like anything has really changed, I'm pretty sure I weigh exactly what I did a year ago. I used to be so unhappy with my appearance, it's crazy. I mean, I'm so blessed. It's so silly. And I like looking back and remembering how unhappy I was, weirdly...because it's such a beautiful contrast with the ease that I feel today.

ALMOND GREEN TEA, OMG
    Bought on a whim because it was on clearance at my favorite tea shop, and I think I'm in love. The way the almond flavor kind of hits the back of your tongue, it's incredible. It tastes amazing and smells even better. I'm going back at the first opportunity- maybe tomorrow- and I'm going to buy every last ounce that they have!

Mr. Bear. My cat has a little fuzzy bed that Mr. BBB bought for her. She LOVES it. We put it next to the radiator in the winter and it's her special little cozy spot. Anyway, he decided one day that she needed a stuff animal for her bed so he bought her the sweetest white teddy bear and he named it Mr. Bear. She snuggles up to it all the time and we love him because he's so adorable. Everybody loves Mr. Bear, even though he's a little dingy from all the snuggles and fur!

I love my apartment. I really do. It's such a nice size and we have all the storage space we need. I love my closet, I've made it into a dressing room of sorts and I'm still fixing it up. I'd love to get a little chandelier! I like the idea of making it kind of 'old hollywood,' really showcasing my favorite items and jewelry. Right now I'm sitting in a little reading nook area in the corner of the living room by the door to the terrace. I love sitting here.

I like all of my things. I like taking good care of them. I like watering my plants. I like taking my bag of clean clothes from the laundry place and carefully folding and putting away each item, inspecting it for pilling or snags, remembering why I like it so much. I like cleaning my laptop, phone and watch. I like cleaning my wedding rings, scrubbing them until they sparkle and shine. I like refilling the pretty containers in the bathroom with q-tips and cotton balls. I like making sure my makeup brushes and tools are clean. Now if I could only start feeling that way about my furniture re: dusting, that would be amazing! Mr. BBB and I both hate dusting and let it go as long as possible. Something to work on, I suppose, because I do like a clean space at the same time!