Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: 'Tis the season (for appreciation)!

It was a shockingly stunning day here in my city- 60 degrees and sunny and absolutely perfect! And tomorrow will be the same! Just a little taste of spring.

Took my second trip to the gym this morning- I love the treadmill! I'm doing walking/jogging intervals and today I ran for a combined 20 minutes! I think that's pretty freaking fantastic for just my second go. I really love this gym. And there are unlimited possibilities- if running ever gets boring there are tons of other machines, plus weight machines and free weights, and tons of different classes (yoga, spinning, kickboxing, tons of others). Plus I could work with a trainer at some point. Last night I met someone who was just starting his own personal training business, how exciting!

Took a long walk through the park in the evening to my favorite store to buy every last ounce of their almond green tea while it was still on sale. The park was gorgeous and there were so many people enjoying the amazing weather! Families, people with dogs, street performers, people dancing, it was so nice.

Definitely feel like many things which have been marinating for a long time are starting to unfold. I'm finally lining up with some frankly amazing things...I've been getting ready to be ready and now I think I'm finally ready. Not really ready to talk about specifics but it's all happening!!! It's all underway! I feel like this is going to be one of those periods where people around me will be so confused about all the changes happening so quickly, and I think it will be really funny but impossible to explain.

Have been super grouchy and grumpy for no good reason for a couple days, but now I'm back! I kind of let it ride while gently prodding for BFTs, but mostly I just allowed the grumpiness. There was no real cause that I could find, just a general malaise. But this morning something shifted and I felt ready to start opening up to good things again. I went back to listening to some Abe recordings on my walk to work. I feel spunky again, lots of energy, doing little dances as I sit in my work chair. Now I'm finally ready to feel some appreciation.

I should note: the level of grumpy over the past few days was VERY surface-level. It didn't feel great, but it wasn't a big deal either- because unlike pre-Abe, I know it's temporary and no big deal. It mostly felt bad because I missed the high flying feeling!

Appreciation:
    Here's a big one: just found out that I'm getting a great big bonus and a raise! I wasn't sure what to expect and I've been doing lots of soothing on this topic for several weeks. it's kind of crazy how much I get paid. My goof off/pay ratio is off the charts

I'm making some fun plans with friends this weekend.

Dental care. I had an appt yesterday afternoon after a long time not going to the dentist, and the news wasn't great. I hate going to the dentist and I always feel like they are judgy assholes. Yesterday was no exception. This one is a work in progress, I'm working my way up on this topic...I was pretty depressed yesterday and now I'm in anger and it feels good (the level of disapproval I'm met with when I confess to be a sporadic flosser is akin to being accused of drowning puppies, wtf is that all about anyway, like they are perfect in every way and never do anything unhealthy? give me a break!). Chugging right along, I'll do some more focused work again later on the topic. In any case, I do feel very fortunate in a general way that we have such amazing dental readily available. I'm really looking forward to getting a nice thorough cleaning on Sunday, they will look so good afterwards! And if I do have to get a few cavities filled, so be it. I've dealt with worse.

I'm going to the dermatologist tomorrow for my annual visit- I love my dermatologist!! He's the best. I always get some kind of new product or fancy beauty treatment. I love that he always tells me I have beautiful skin!

Gearing up for birthday week! This afternoon and tomorrow I'll work on my list of stuff I'm going to do, and start making appointments.

Right after I wrote the below I went to run a quick errand. In the elevator going down to the lobby of my building I noticed that a really funny, happy song that's been in my head for weeks (but not the past few days when I was grouchy, interesting) was back, and I was doing my little bouncy dance...I thought 'how fun! What a cool physical indicator of my vibration, when I'm feeling good there's music and movement in my experience and I barely even register it!'

Then the elevator stopped and opened. I glanced up and the video screen said that the time was 2:22 and we'd stopped on the 22nd floor.

Talk about instant manifestation! I had to chuckle.