Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: 'Tis the season (for appreciation)!

What a week! It has been so full and dynamic. Full of both wanted and unwanted, but more importantly lots of events and interactions that are helping me to refine my preferences and desires.

I took a bold step and I'm finally reaching for a solution to a really old issue for me. I feel a little shaky about it- not quite stable yet- but it's like a quiet excitement.

This day is going to be absolutely beautiful. We've had lots of rain and more to come, but today is a little sunny island. The tree outside my window is full of green leaves that are absolutely glowing in the sunshine.

I'm enjoying the unfolding of the spring season. Seems like lots of people are ready for summer but this year I'm really loving the slow budding of the trees, every day on my walks to and from work I notice which blooms are active on which trees and plants, all the pretty colors, it's an ever-changing vista. Walking through the park is so lovely, they are some of the best moments from my day. I'm enjoying being able to wear a jacket instead of a coat.

My new black leather tote bag. I searched for something like that for ages and I finally pulled the trigger and ordered it, and it's perfect! It's exactly what I've been looking for. Next up: sandals.

I'm getting excited about going on vacation in a few weeks. Could be a bit difficult, as we're going to be with a big group of family members and I might not have much time to myself. But I'm going to do a bunch of pre-paving and make a decision to just enjoy myself no matter what.

I had the opportunity to introduce myself to a complete stranger a few days ago and I was asked to tell him a little bit about myself. So I gave him a 60 second overview of where I live, what I do, what my life was like. And hoo boy! Was that fun!!! It was such a nice reminder of all the things that are going so well. I mean if I heard someone tell that story I'd be blown away. And there was no BS, it was all true. But what a different story than the one I would've told a few years ago.

Very happy and centered today. Things feel easy and light.

Things are all going to work out very well, I can feel it. Even if I can't always see how a situation will work out, I know everything will be a-ok.

Back from a lovely vacation in sunny Mexico!

I did not really use my Abe training so some situations were a little stickier than they could have been...in fact I've been somewhat checked out for several weeks now. But weirdly I don't really feel bad about it. I haven't been very low on the EGS, nor very high either. Just coasting. But it's all good!!

There were so many moments of the vacation that were absolutely delicious- some literally! I ate and drank some awesome stuff. I sat outside and read. I spent lots of time with family, and got to know several members of the extended family much better. I made new connections with people I've known for years.

Also I took an extra day off of work after the trip, which is one of my absolute favorite things to do. So I got to sleep in, go to the gym and really take my sweet time, run errands while the shops were empty, and I still have hours left to do cooking for the week. I love taking Mondays off in general, but especially the Monday after a trip. It feels like a total luxury.

I'm so appreciative that my heath was really good the whole time I was away. I mean it honestly couldn't have been better. With the Crohn's Disease sometimes I worry but it's so funny, it almost never ends up being an issue. I'm sure there's a lesson in there somewhere

As much as I've loved having the extra day off I'm also looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. I love my job. I love my coworkers.

We have a really fun friend staying with us for the next week. Sometimes house guests are annoying but not this one! It's so fun having him around.

It's been a beautiful spring so far and I'm really glad that it's unfolding slowly. I'm not ready for summer yet!

I joined a photo challenge on social media this month and I've been posting a photo a day on a different theme. It's been so fun!! And I'm getting lots of likes! It's really neat to click on the daily hashtag and see all the different interpretations of the daily theme. I love how creative people are. I love showing them my support by liking their photos too. It's like this little random community.

Ok I have a few hours left before bed and I want to be super productive like a busy little bee, so that when I wake up in the morning I'll know that everything is all set for a great week.

I really missed this forum!! It feels great to be back. I really love everyone here, doing the work, kickin' ass, takin' names!

So much to appreciate today.

I'm sitting in a nice little quiet corner of my apartment and I can feel the cool breeze on my face as it comes through the open window. I can see the leaves on the tree outside reflect the sun, and flutter in the wind. I can see the puffy white clouds flow past my window above the rooftops.

I'm sitting here thinking about options. I have about 2 hours free until I have to get ready to leave to go meet a friend (for the ballet! Which will be really lovely, after which we'll probably have a nice glass of wine at a local bar). There are so many things I could do with this time! It's totally mine to decide on. I could get some cooking done for the week. I could clean and tidy my apartment. I could go to the gym and have a great workout. I could go outside and enjoy this beautiful day. I could curl up with the cat and read a book. I could go shopping and buy myself something pretty. I could run errands, including dropping some unwanted stuff off at the goodwill (I LOVE getting rid of things). I could do some yoga or a workout at home. I could do any combination of these things, or something else completely. I could meditate. I could do nothing at all. I could have a nice meal and take a little mini nap. I could take long, hot bubble bath. I could go get a pedicure! I could do something crafty. I just love having so many options. I love being able to choose what to do. I love that I had amazing workouts all week long and I can totally choose, guilt free, to skip the gym today if I want. I can do whatever I feel like for the next two hours, and it's so lovely.

Last week I had a totally amazing, life changing acupuncture appointment. So many big conversations with the practitioner about the universe, healing, etc. I'm still buzzing from it.

One great moment: I said something about how I love CBT (I really meant Abraham studies but I'm not ready to come out of the closet with my Abe love, especially with someone I don't know well) because it teaches you how to self-soothe...and the practitioner responded by saying, well, that's the only kind of soothing, isn't it?

Truth.

Been feeling down in the dumps the past few days for no specific reason, time to remind myself there there are so many things to feel appreciation for!

Just to pick a few at random:
    1. I appreciate that I have money. I'm no Bill Gates but I have plenty for what I need and some left over for fun things that I want. So I get to feel secure, knowing that I have a cushion in case of an emergency, but also I can get a lot of enjoyment from purchasing things as well. Practical stuff- like paying someone else to do my laundry...I've been doing this so long that I'm certainly taking it for granted but a lot people have to spend half their saturday or sunday sitting in a hot public laundromat and I never have to do that. In fact the place is at the end of my block on the way to work/home, so I don't even have to go out of my way to drop off or pick up. It's pretty great, couldn't be more convenient. Also I get to buy fun stuff, like I recently spend hundreds of dollars on really delicious smelling fall candles, which were delivered right to my home.

1. I appreciate that summer is winding down. We'll have a handful of hot days but mostly it will be beautiful from here on out. This is the time of year that I love the absolute most!!! The crisp air makes me feel energized and happy. Yesterday I started putting together a capsule wardrobe for the fall, noting pieces that would be put away until next summer, pieces that would be donated, and pieces to be taken out of storage from last winter. Plus a few items that I'm missing and would like to purchase in the coming weeks. Like a beautiful camel colored wool blazer that will look fantastic with jeans, slacks, or a skirt, and I can wear it with black/brown/denim/basically anything. Putting it out there to my manager (who I happen to call Doug), hey Doug I'd like to find the perfect blazer please, hook a sister up. Also a denim pencil skirt, please and thank you.

3. The quick 5 minute wake-up yoga video I found on youtube this morning. It was very nice and I think I'd like to do that more often. I felt SO good afterwards, physically, emotionally, spiritually. I was like, 50% more optimistic and I felt more peace and love for myself. Very good.

4. Fun trip coming up this week! I would like to plan all my outfits tonight so that packing will be a breeze, and so that I will feel not only prepared but cute and fashionable, as I know we'll probably be taking lots of pictures during parts of the trip.

5. That I'm still not smoking. Just glanced at my app and it says it's been 5 months, 24 days and 11 hours. Not only that but I've continued going to the gym 6-7 days a week and I'm running regularly- 4-5 miles at a time. I can run for45-50 minutes without even stopping to walk! I know for a fact that my heart rate has slowed down considerably, even my resting heart rate. I'm building habits now that are going to benefit me for the rest of my life. And there are a lot of things still to come...there are machines I haven't tried, pilates, yoga, tons of classes, a whole world of weight training just waiting for me to discover it. Lots of possibilities! And no rush or urgency to do anything until I feel inspired to.

1. I love my job. I just emailed my boss and told him I'd be working from home today, it was going to be a quiet day in the office and I have lots of little things to do at home. I'm sure he'll be fine with it. I just love that it's so easy. I just got like 7 hours of unexpected free time by shooting off one quick email! As long as we don't abuse it I think it's so cool to have this option.

2. Today is the last hot day for a long time! And I'm about to leave to go visit 2 different cities and it looks like the weather in each is going to absolutely perfect while I'm there. Mr. BBB and I reserved a convertible, I'm so excited!

3. Had a nice, quick yoga practice this morning, and I'm going to meditate for a few minutes shortly. For some reason I always feel better physically after meditating, I guess because I'm really focused on posture and how my body feels.

4. Kickstarter. I just love that there are people with big dreams who are able to make them happen. And occasionally I will decide to participate in something that looks really juicy.

1. This weather, it couldn't be more perfect. I'm SO fully present these days and I just love that I'm appreciating it fully, many times throughout each day.

2. My good friend who suggested a super fun night of stargazing in the park, followed by cocktails and snacks and lively conversation. I'm so looking forward to this!

3. Sweet cuddles and cheek scratching with my little animal today, and some afternoon snoozing together. Delightful and cozy.

4. Had my longest run ever today- 7 miles. I LOVE running, who the heck am I???? I used to think runners were nuts or just punishing themselves, I had no idea they did it because it's FUN!!

5. Feeling light and slim and svelte today. My rose colored glasses are firmly in place. Things are so good!!

1. Perfect Sunday stretching out ahead of me. I can do anything I want- tidy and clean and get my house in order, have a spa day and go to the salon and get pampered, go for a short or a long run, listen to music and read a book, sit out on my terrace and enjoy the perfect (crisp, sunny, cool) fall weather, drink hot apple cider tea, organize my closet...the whole day is mine and I get to choose what I want to do in each and every moment.

2. Planning a very fun outing to go apple picking soon. Watched a scary movie last night- I want to watch 31 scary movies in October. This is my favorite month!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE It. It's when I really come alive. (Note to self: I want to bring a bit of this pumped up excitement to other seasons as well...nothing wrong with having preferences but wouldn't it be more fun to get this excited about every new season as it rolls in??)

3. Feeling thin and tiny. Over the last year I've lost nearly 30 pounds, 15 since the spring of this year. And I found just the right thing for me that worked like a charm and made it so easy.

4. Loving going to the gym and running in the park. Yesterday I ran 8 miles in 80 minutes, I can't believe I can go that fast. I think I've officially moved from a jogger to a runner! Not that it matters, it's just fun to think about. I'm starting to think of myself as a 'real' runner, and why not- I've been doing it for almost 8 months.

5. My menu this week. I'm happy with it and I'm looking forward to meals every day. Especially the first dinner course of spiced carrot soup, it looks so yummy! I'm really excited about this cooler weather and the new options that open up for cooking. I can use the oven more and oh! the soups that I will make. I've already started putting together a special list of all the new soup recipes I want to try...creamy, chunky, root vegetables, beef, pork, chicken, beans, lentils, caramelized onions...so delicious. I just love adding a soup course to dinner, it makes me so happy and feels special and fancy, like I'm eating in a restaurant. So indulgent to eat a multi-course dinner at home.

This morning I was walking home from the gym and a kind of scary, homeless looking young man was having what looked like a difficult conversation with a guy carrying a briefcase. I felt a moment of apprehension (there are lots of homeless people with mental illness in my city) but shrugged and kept walking to go past where they were standing. It's fine, I thought, nothing bad ever happens to me in situations like this.

By the time I got there they were done and it was just the young man, sitting alone. He looked right into my eyes as I passed, and in the sweetest voice said, 'hello, love.' I couldn't help giving a huge smile, it was so incredibly sweet and nice. Absolutely made my morning. So much appreciation for that guy, I hope has an awesome day.