Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Tis the season (for appreciation)!

Amazing, perfect fall day. Went to take pictures in the park and every single one is breathtaking. I felt like a little child, running here and there and wandering until I got tired.

Last night after a fun quick chat at the grocery store with a few check out people, the guy who was helping me handed me my receipt and said, 'enjoy your night, enjoy....everything!' In my head I replied 'Oh, I do!' And this was right after I'd busied myself during the wait in line with little rampages of appreciation while looking at all the produce. Haven't done too many of these and I will admit it felt a tiny bit silly to get so excited about vegetables but it was pretty fun! And hoo boy those bell peppers were truly some of the most beautiful and huge and shiny I've ever seen. They were like supermodel peppers, ready for their close up. I didn't buy any but now I kind of wish I had!

Laundry: the fact that I don't have to do it, I just drop off and pick it up a few hours later and it's so tidy and neat and folded. I so much appreciate being able to afford this. I used to spend half my Saturday on laundry. I can't even count how many pleasant hours I've had while someone else does my laundry! And I'm helping to keep a business running. And the people at the laundry place are really nice.

I had a really freaking amazing meeting yesterday. It was so nice and easy and I really sounded like I knew what I was talking about (I guess because I do, for the most part), and the best part is that I did it all in front of the owner of the company. We made jokes and laughed and played off each other and he did such a great job too. I can't believe I used to be so intimidated by him. We actually make a great team! It feels good to remember a few times when I made him really laugh.

My dreams. I've had some really fun dreams lately...hopeful, exciting, where I make really neat connections with other people or my family has some new, really amazing event happen and we're all over the moon about it.

Had kind of a rough day yesterday, there was a health crisis with someone in my life to but I've been working through it, feeling my feelings, going general over and over again, soothing. And things are looking up! Crisis seems to have passed. And I realized through it all how much I truly and surprisingly deeply care about this person, even though they are kind of a pain sometimes A rascal, as Abraham would say. This is going to change the whole dynamic of our relationship, because I've really softened. And now there are so many things to appreciate...the person, this process, the allowing of genuine emotions of fear and sadness to just come without trying to chase them away (they do fade on their own!)...that they are out of the woods, that there are other people who know what to do in an emergency and who step up and get things done and make decisions, that there is this group of people and we can all count on each other in an emergency. It makes me feel really safe.

My new pair of jeans I bought yesterday for 40% off! (talk about a shift to the banal!)

The most delicious brisket dinner I've ever had last night. I could not believe how delicious it was. I think next week I'm going to try to make my own at home!

I appreciate that I have a relatively quiet day ahead of me. I like having flexibility in my schedule, and I love making my own priority list at work. I can have days where I'm just not feeling it and I can totally be a slacker, leave early, whatever...and then I can have days where I knock things out one after the other. I can totally work according to my own mood most of the time. Plus we can 'work from home' sometimes (i.e. nap, take long walks, etc), which I think I'll do tomorrow.

It's Thanksgiving week! I'm hosting dinner on Thursday and my wonderful mother in law will be helping. I love her so much. She's so smart and practical and so nice to me. We're going to watch some of the Macy's parade (I live one block from the parade route, (SO lucky, this neighborhood is crazy expensive) so we always go get a hot chocolate or latte and wander over to see the balloons), then eat later in the day. And we have a few friends coming over as well, which will be fun. I'm looking forward to all the delicious food! And wine!!!!!

My friend MR, who I adore. She has been struggling financially for a while but just got an amazing opportunity and I'm BEYOND excited for her. She did it all quietly without talking about it much and then one day, BOOM! She got this crazy thing, and it's freaking awesome. I'm so excited and proud and the future has never seemed brighter for her. People around me are doing amazing things and I LOVE it.

I did NOT feel very much appreciation yesterday on Thanksgiving, the actual day when you're supposed to be the most grateful for things. In fact I felt very stressed and grumpy for most of the day and night- people stayed at my house until almost 1:00 in the morning and I was so tired my eyes wouldn't focus. But I also didn't prepave or do any kind of prep work, so it's not so surprising. But in a weird way I kind of WANTED to be grouchy, to be a martyr. It felt good, in a perverse way, to do a ton of work and then be pissed off about doing a ton of work, and be snippy with my loved ones when they tell me to 'come sit down and relax for a minute.' I mean, I'm LITERALLY cooking 5 things at once right now, things for YOU to eat...how on earth am I supposed to sit down, if I do that there won't be any food, if you actually stepped inside the kitchen for more than to pour another glass of wine you might have some concept of how much work this all is. That's really unusual for me but I really relished it when I'd get a comment that irritated me and I started saving them up to complain to my friends about later.

Old habits/holidays/family, I guess.

One kind of fun thing I did was to start a count of how many times people mentioned Donald Trump. Keeping a count helped me from losing my mind and shouting at people to stop talking about politics in my house on Thanksgiving.

BUT...every other day there have been really neat things happening. Specifically I had two absolutely amazing dreams, both about swimming for some reason. The first I was in some kind of weird future world where I was swimming in an absolutely crystal clear blue ocean that was a mile deep, and you could see all the way to the 'floor' below, but there was a city there. It was our earth, the way it exists today, but somehow i was swimming up in the atmosphere. It was sunny and sparkly amazing and I could see myself from above, with San Francisco far below. What I remember most from the dream was the color...all the different blues, shifting and being refracted by the sun...sky blue, aqua, deep dark blue...it was stunning and I felt excitement and pure joy.

The other dream I was in some kind of swimming competition and I discovered a new way of breathing that made me super fast and also made the whole thing really easy and fun. All I had to do was relax and be calm and breathe deeply and I would shoot forward! And then I figured out how to use it on dry land- so basically I figured out how to fly/float. It was beautiful

I LOVE these. I don't have happy dreams too often, that I can remember, and I see both of these as a sign that I'm feeling better overall, making peace, getting happy, and getting ready for the next fun thing/project/phase/manifestation.

I'm excited about the time in between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'm excited to go see my family. I appreciate that I now have a 3 day weekend where I'm doing nothing at all, except exactly what I feel like in any given moment. I appreciate the email from my boss to the company that was so perfect and lovely and makes me cry even to think of it. I'm so proud of him, it was exactly the right thing to say at exactly the right time. I'm elated that I get so much alone time the next few days after having a full house.

A favorite coworker who works remotely has been in town this week and it's been super fun!!! Love when he's here. Plus he gave me $1000 in cash as a year-end bonus for helping him with some stuff- which I didn't mind doing at all, but it's great to get that pretty pretty money!!! I immediately replenished the hundred dollar bill that I usually keep in my wallet but spent recently on some fancy shoes.

Speaking of fancy shoes...these are the best boots ever. I found them so easily, I love them. I feel so good when I'm wearing them.

My new black jeans that fit like a glove. I'm on my way to putting together the perfect capsule wardrobe!

My sister is coming to visit! She gets in late tonight. I love it when she's here. She's such a good house guest. It's so easy being around her...she has preferences and requests to do things but is also so easy and relaxed about everything. It's not like work at all. And she likes to run around but doesn't like to stay out super late or drink too much, so we get plenty of rest when she's here too.

Had a really great meeting yesterday that might end up being kind of important. I can't believe how far I've come in this department...I used to get so nervous and sweaty and super formal and weird and somehow I've just totally chilled out. Meetings are fun now, a lot of the time! Especially with my partner in crime by my side. I'd like to do more meetings with him, he's so fun and I can still learn a lot from him. We make a great team.

It's a gloomy, rainy day and I just took the best nap ever (after an Abe meditation)- at work! Sometimes when my boss isn't here I take a quick cat nap on the couch in his office. This really is the best job/company. Now I'm re-caffeinating with this delicious green tea (the the company buys for me) that I'm drinking out of my favorite mug (that I ordered with the company credit card) and made using our fancy electric kettle (ditto).

Having a quiet day where I can choose to be productive or goof off (both at various times).

My hubbs...I think sometimes I have an impression of him being a little immature but something happened this morning that made me see him in a new light. I think he's actually really emotionally intelligent and mature and I think this shift in my view of him is happening at exactly the right time. I feel like our relationship, while very loving and stable, is developing into something even better. I'm feeling quietly excited about this.

Delicious soup and tofu noodles that we had delivered for lunch. It was filling and yummy and I ate just the right amount to be satisfied but not overly full. I love anything with sesame oil!

My sister is on her way from the airport!! I can't wait.

The rain just stopped and we're going to have perfect weather for the rest of her visit.

Earlier today I committed to donating a little money each month to something that I really love, and it makes me happy and energetic every time I remember that I did that. I get a little buzz.

Best weekend ever!
    Had such a fantastic day yesterday, for no particular reason. I was just walking on sunshine all day! I felt amazing, totally comfortable in my own skin, absolutely competent at my job, happy to help out a friend with a project in the evening. I had limitless energy!
    Today I'm very sleepy and I seem to be attracting drama (around me, but not involving me), which is interesting. But as long as I just chill out and soothe and look for relief I know things will be fine. Things are already fine! I don't need to worry about drama that's happening around me. I don't need conditions to change so that I can feel better.

I'm looking forward to going home after work today and taking a little nap before I start my evening. I appreciate naps!! I love 'em. Especially when I have a little cat snuggling with me, and a furry blanket, and an Abraham meditation playing as I drift off. My apartment is so nice and quiet and I can set the lights and candles just the way I like them. I love it when I take a nap and wake up feeling refreshed and ready to do something fun.

I'm looking forward to decorating the christmas tree with mr. BBB. It's our tradition to watch Harry Potter while we decorate. It's so fun! Sometimes we drink wine or whiskey or egg nog, too. And our little cat gets so excited because she gets to play with all the ornaments! I have a bunch of ornaments that I had as a kid and I love taking them out and remembering all the Christmases with my family growing up. I had such a lovely, sweet childhood, really Norman Rockwell-ish. Especially Christmastime! I'm really getting more and more excited about the idea of a little BBB to share it all with!

I love the phrase 'things are always working out for me.'

Some parts of my weekend were a little chaotic in the logistics department but in a really fun way...my sister, who was visiting, a couple of times turned to me and said, 'you know, it's so funny how everything seems to work out just perfectly over and over again!'

She doesn't know how right she is! LOL

Nuts!
    Almonds, peanuts, walnuts, cashews. Natural. Roasted. Salted. Pistachios, can't forget those.

Tea!
    Green, English breakfast, chai, vanilla spice. Hot or iced.

Clean water at the flip of a lever. As much as I can drink, 24 hours a day, for an entire lifetime. That's really something. And every day, more and more people across the world can say the same thing.

I truly live in a world of plenty. To quote Paul Simon, 'god bless our standard of living, let's keep it that way.'

Started feeling a little pissy because I'm thinking about the day stretching out in front of me and I have lots of really boring stuff to do, cooking and cleaning, etc. And I have a super busy week ahead of me, and all I want to do is fun stuff today.

But I know that ignoring my chores and doing something fun is an action journey. And if I want to have more fun in my life, I need to feel the feeling of fun more often NOW. Now cooking and cleaning isn't quite in the vicinity of fun for me just yet, but I can definitely spend some time in appreciation! I AM making some pretty freaking great recipes this week, new ones that will be fun to try. And I want to focus, while I cook, on really appreciating the beauty of the food that I'm able to buy so easily...food is such a small portion of our expenditures, how great is that?