Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Tis the season (for appreciation)!

Days that feel busy but in just the right kind of way. Things to do but not too many, and not all at once.

Plans for drinks with a good friend tonight, who is really fun and high energy. I adore her and I haven't seen her in a while and I'm really looking forward to connecting again.

Nice weather.

I have such fun activities planned this week in the evenings. Tonight is drinks with my fun friend; tomorrow is a happy hour with a professional contact at one of my favorite fancy bars (and he's really fun too), followed by a meetup with the hubbs and his sister; Thursday I'm going to see Rogue One!!! with a big group too, it's going to be a total blast and I'm super stoked; and Friday is a secret santa party- and I TOTALLY knocked my present out of the park. She's going to lose her mind. I'm so completely proud of how it all turned out. I was inspired and it all worked out perfectly.

Dream journal. I've never done this consistently but my dreams have been so nice lately that I'm inspired to start writing them down every morning. Last night I had another great one.

Good deals. I just bought about 10 pairs of really nice socks on sale for $2 each.

My closet. I have an ENORMOUS closet, more like a small dressing room. This is crazy and unheard of for where I live, people seriously keep their shoes in the oven space is so tight. Not only is it big, but I recently painted the inside a bright aqua with white accents and it's absolutely gorgeous. I got white wooden hangers, too. And I have pretty hats hanging on the wall and my sparkly jewelry displayed nice and pretty. Sometimes I keep the door open just so I can see inside, I love it so much. I'm proud of my living space, I like how it's all coming together but at the same time it's really cozy and comfortable. People love to come over to my apartment just to relax and watch movies and hang out.

Feeling so darned INSPIRED lately! It's little things...like, I can't decide what to make for a potluck dinner party and suddenly it comes to me in a flash, the perfect thing to bring.

Then I just brought a gift bag to someone who works in my office that a messenger dropped off, and he gave me the bottle of wine that was in it! It's great, because most of my wine is gone after a recent dinner party that I threw, and my office has extras also, so I've been able to start replenishing my stash- easily and at zero cost. My two favorite things

We're ordering lunch in tomorrow. My office does this all the time. I love free stuff. Sometimes my crazy boss finds a new random item that he likes (sneakers, for example) and decides that we're all getting a pair! I haven't bought a pair of running shoes in years. I fully expect to get lots of fun stuff delivered to the office in the next few weeks- we always get lots of nice presents around Christmastime.

I also decided what I'm getting my parents and my sister for Christmas, and I can order everything online with free shipping and it will be delivered right to their house! The hubbs is mostly taken care of except for his stocking. So I just need to pick something out for my grandmother and my little kitty (shopping for her is the MOST FUN) and I'll be totally done.

just wanted to tell you that I enjoy checking this thread out! More fun to you! (and consequently, to me!!)

Quote Originally Posted by skylark View Post
    just wanted to tell you that I enjoy checking this thread out! More fun to you! (and consequently, to me!!)

Had such a fun day at work today! Lots of people popping into the office to say hello. Plus I got another bottle of wine as a gift. And my friend brought over a bottle last night. Everyone wants to give me wine!! I love it.

I've been getting invited to so many things lately! Fun things, too, not obligation events where I feel like I 'should' go but I don't really want to. I got invited to a concert, to a live podcast event that I've been dying to go to, a horror movie night at a friend's house, a dinner in early January...I'm really looking forward to all these! And I didn't even have to deal with getting the tickets, someone else is planning all of them.

I get to see my family soon!

It's supposed to get super cold starting tonight. I know it will probably be brutal at times but I'm actually looking forward to it! I love winter.

The most delicious salad that I had for lunch...chicken, bacon, avocado, egg, tomatoes, bleu cheese...nom nom nom. I really enjoyed the hell out of that meal.

Off in a few minutes to have a whiskey in a nearby bar that I really like...it's has an old gentlemen's lounge kind of feel- big leather chairs, dim lighting, natty bartenders, stiff drinks. I love it there. I'd like to find more places like that in my neighborhood.

Last night I was walking home and was completely struck by the beauty of the city around me. It was a cold, clear night and the sky was so black, and the lights of the city so bright, it was truly something to behold. I love the park in winter...you can see the lights of the skyline through the trees.

I went to run errands at lunch today and walking down the sidewalk was just a jumble of holiday cheer! As I walked I passed various salvation army santa with his bell; each one had different music playing and it would get louder and then softer again as I walked past. All the shops had holiday music playing too, people were carrying big brightly colored shopping bags, and holy cow! the store displays are breathtaking. It was chaotic and messy and I loved it. The people who I interacted with at the shops were SO NICE, I mean really going above and beyond to be cheerful and helpful. That happens to me ALL THE TIME these days. It's so rare that I interact with someone who is rude.

A really hilarious text conversation that I just had with my mom. Plus something really sweet involving my dad and his dad that I didn't know about.

Super freaking excited about going to see the new star wars movie tonight!!! Plus when I get home I have presents to wrap, which is fun.

Had an amazing trip home to see my family. It was absolutely perfect. Everyone loved their gifts! Lots of quiet time by the fire, sipping tea (and scotch! lol) and really lovely conversation. Definitely a trip to remember.

My little Christmas tree is so stinking cute after I decorated it last night. I'm a Christmas tree decorating genius!!!!!!! I love just staring at the tree and seeing all the ornaments, old and new. They are all so beautiful and special. I just bought this one little white cloth bird with a white scarf around it's neck and it's so sweet and perfect. I have 24 clear crystal icicles that are twisty and catch the lights perfectly, and I love how the shape contrasts nicely with all the round ornaments. I have a bunch of new ornaments this year, which is fun- but I also have a few from my childhood. These are very special to me. The little owl is so adorable, and the stuffed Eeyore, and all the stars that are beaded and silver and gold and sparkly. I didn't realize until this moment that I had so many stars! Which is perfect because that's where we all come from anyway. It's like acknowledging and paying homage to our own origins.

Ok! enough deep thought. I'm also appreciating FRIDAYS, which are half days all year round (I love my company) but especially today! And we have Monday off too, this week and next. Actually I'm really looking forward to next week too, it will be so nice and quiet. The week between Christmas and NY is always one of my favorite times of the year.

The rain is stopping in 25 minutes, just in time for my walk.

I'm meeting a friend later at a fancy bar for afternoon christmas eve cocktails, and I'm going to look gorgeous. I'm really looking forward to it! I'm going to do my hair and makeup and make the afternoon really special.

Today I get to put together Christmas stockings. I bought a bunch of stuff last night. I love Christmas stockings!!! I bought so much candy, I can't wait to eat it, nom nom nom.

It's a little late but I just finished the final christmas decorating touches in my apartment and boy, does it look nice!!

I'm about to get started on our late holiday dinner, which I'm super excited about- it's this really decadent breakfast casserole with biscuits, sausage, eggs, cheese, and gravy. I can't wait to cook and serve this crazy concoction to our guests, yum!

I have tomorrow off from work and I want to plan something fun to do. There are a lot of options! I might go get my nails done.

I found a really interesting website, and there's one article that's a list of things to be grateful for. It's kind of an unusual list and as I skimmed it many of the items really resonated with me. So I had this idea...I have a huge glass jar that I'm not using for anything. I think it would be fun to start collecting these, maybe writing them all out on little scraps of paper, and every day picking one from the jar and then writing a little paragraph in a special journal, just some free form thoughts on the topic of that day. I like this idea very much!

I'm feeling emotionally pretty tired but also hopeful about something that felt hopeless a very short while ago.

So much appreciation for Abraham. So much appreciation for the lovely souls on the leading edge of this forum. It seems that everywhere I turn, every post I read, there is some shockingly profound piece of wisdom that applies to any issue I may be working through. Appreciation for the book The Vortex, which I'm (re) listening to on audio book this week. Appreciation for Esther's voice.

Appreciation that- and this might be biggest of them all- I don't have to wait for any conditions to change to start feeling better. It's my job, my responsibility- and I have complete control over how I feel. I might choose to drag my feet and spend some time using others as an excuse as to why I can't feel better, but I know that eventually I'll take a breath and just dive in and get started.

This issue has been tough and pretty painful and I'm not done yet. But the good news is that there's so much room for improvement! Plus as I keep feeling better and better and better it's going to reverberate throughout all the areas of my life. The better it gets, the better it gets. I have a feeling that this is going to be BIG. I think this is one of the last 'big' issues that I haven't tackled yet using the tools...I know I'll never get it done but I'm looking forward to more fine tuning vs. falling out of airplanes. And I'm already feeling so good most of the time that I think I'm nearly there!

Much love to all