Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abe on television & movies

Abe on television & movies

"Pick a movie that you would like to live and watch it every single day.
    Before you know it you'll be offering a vibration like it."

Abe quote found by TinaMe on this thread:
    http://www.abeforum.com/showthread.p...l=1#post327999

On how to soothe yourself if you see something on tv or in a movie that stirs negative emotions about health within you:

You can’t watch an hour of television without some intense programming about the maladies, about the potential problems, in your physical body. [...]

So as you are watching the program and they say “one out of every five has got it,” you’ve got to be able to say and mean it:
    “That may be true, but I’m not the one.”

When they say, “at a certain age, this and this and this happens” you’ve got to be able to say:
    “That may be true, but I’m an exception.”

You’ve got to constantly balance your emotional journey with the action journey that is being taken. And when you don’t do a good job of that, so you get out of balance resistance-wise, then things show up and you become statistics and ohhhh, humans are so interested in statistics as if they had anything under heaven and earth to do with you. They don’t.

You’re interested in the statistics of your family, “well this runs in my family” meaning “I’m probably going to get it.” We’d say:
    “This runs in much of my family, but it doesn’t run in me. The emotional journey is different for me."

You see?

Why is it that we can enjoy seeing "unenlightened" movies / tv shows:
    (St. Petersburg, FL 03-13-94)

HS: last night I went home, I was watching Rambo on TV which isn't a very enlightened movie, but I enjoyed it; I really enjoyed the action and what was happening. And so, it makes me wonder... [...] And there's other things that I do in my life that I think, "This isn't a very enlightened thing to do," but, I feel good doing it.

Abe: Rather than evaluating whether it's enlightened or not, evaluate how it feels. In other words, as you're watching Rambo, you could be concentrating upon the agility of his body, you could be concentrating upon his ability to get done what he has intended to get done. You could be concentrating upon his passion for his work. In other words, within everything, there are positive and negative aspects, and if you are feeling good, as connected to the non-physical Energy as you are, then that means that you are looking at the aspects of it -- in other words, did you feel more powerful as you watched it? [...]

And there is another part of you that knows that all of that stuff that is offered, any blood that you see, is not real. In other words, you are accepting it as a game.

That's why we say, if you're watching a horror movie and it horrifies you, then you are vibrationally allowing something you do not want. If you're watching a comedy, and it horrifies you, or if you're watching a comedy and it amuses you -- in other words...you can't judge anything at face value. The emotion that it evokes from you is your indicator of where you are vibrating relative to it, you see. [...]

So, could we put films of a violent nature all in one category? We couldn't, could we? [...]

But the thing that we want to remind you is that there can be a tendency to want to condemn the media or condemn the agencies that produce the films, condemn the networks for what they are showing you, when what they are doing is responding to the mass consciousness of your population. In other words, they are giving you what you are vibrationally asking for, and the way they evaluate what you're asking for is by what you watch. It is all dollar motivated but, it is actually very well organized and in harmony with the true intent of people. In other words, you're all getting exactly what you deserve, and we do not mean that in a judgmental sense. We mean vibrationally; [what] you are attracting.

So what we talk about in these gatherings is, "Do I want to be part of mass consciousness? Do I want to be one who receives the results of what mass consciousness is vibrating -- or do I choose to be a more individual vibrator? Do I choose to think for myself, or am I going to be programmed to my thinking by what is being offered?" [...]

Most people are responding to conditions. So they watch something which causes them to vibrationally respond which causes them to emit another vibration which attracts another television program just like it. But then there are few of you who are not pleased by that, and as you're not pleased by it, or a lot of you that are not pleased by it, what do you do? You still talk about what you're not pleased by, so what does that do? That creates more of it, too. But then, there are even a fewer of you who are not pleased by it who have the foresight to understand what would please you, who actually spend time finding that feeling place -- and you attract some of those uplifting, delightful depictions of physical experience that actually do empower and uplift the masses who see it, you see?

What is your work? Is your work to fix a broken world? The world isn't broken, friends. It is an extraordinary, rather well-balanced arena of creating which contains enough contrast to stimulate your awareness of what is wanted. So, as you realize that it isn't broken and you realize that your work is to find your connection to the pure Energy that created it to begin with, your work is to allow the Energy to flow through you as you hold objects of attention - then you are the extension of that creator.

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    what a great thread-idea!

If you would just get together with friends and talk about
    the funniest thing, happening-
    your energy would shift!

If you just would get hold of some television series...
    Esther watches "Big Bang Theory" every minute she can find.
    (...) Iow, makes her laugh!
    Brilliantly written- makes her laugh.
    Nothing serious going on- makes her laugh.
    Feels good to laugh!

Change the world:
    Watch Big Bang Theory.

from the clip
    She Knows What She Wants, It Has Not Come Yet

2014-05-31 Philadelphia PA

It´s not "real"?

Your emotions...are the most important preliminary manifestations.
    You get that? When you feel something, isn’t’ it real?
    Even if you are watching a movie that isn’t real,
    the emotion that you feel is.

If the movie causes you to feel vulnerable,
    you have created a vibration within yourself
    that this emotion is indicating.
    So you can say to your frightened child, “Honey, it isn’t real,”
    but that’s not true.

Because whatever you are feeling is the most
    real.
    It’s the manifestation of what you’ve got going on vibrationally.
    And if you keep it up, and if you keep that feeling going steadily,
    chronically in your experience,
    things will actualize around it that match it perfectly.

Boston, Oct 2013

Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post
    what a great thread-idea!

If you would just get together with friends and talk about
    the funniest thing, happening-
    your energy would shift!

If you just would get hold of some television series...
    Esther watches "Big Bang Theory" every minute she can find.
    (...) Iow, makes her laugh!
    Brilliantly written- makes her laugh.

Nothing serious going on- makes her laugh.
    Feels good to laugh!

Change the world:
    Watch Big Bang Theory.

from the clip
    She Knows What She Wants, It Has Not Come Yet

2014-05-31 Philadelphia PA

Abe asking us to turn off our TV´s for 30 days

"We've decided as we focus on you to speak only as we think about you. In other words, we've been building some bridges for a while, we've been accepting you where you are, and we've been offering you processes to milk you along to bring you up the emotional scale and a more close proximity with the Vortex of who you are.

But, as we've been chewing with you for a while, as we watch the magnificent progress that you have made, and as we have seen the expansion of your desire, and as we get a look at what's in your Vortex, we think it's time, for anyone who wants to be the powerful creator that you were born to be, to stop justifying what you want by exploring what-is at all.

We think it's time for you to make the leap into the Vortex and leave what you have known as reality behind. And when you leave what you have known as reality behind, you'll be living real time in this Vortex. We're not asking you to croak today.

We're not asking you to take a complete departure from everything you know. What we're asking you to do is to expect, accept that vibrational nature of your being and let the way you feel be the only thing that matters to you. We are asking you to care about the way you feel, because that's the only way that you will know at all your proximity to your Vortex. We're asking you to no longer ask anyone else to behave any differently in order to effect your emotion. We're asking you to accept that you are in complete control about how you feel, because you have the ability to focus. We're asking you to stop beating up on yourself or others. We're asking you, we're asking you...

We're asking you to turn off your televisions for 30 days.
    Turn off your televisions for 30 days. We can feel the pains of withdrawal
    all around the room.
    [fun] Turn off your televisions for 30 days, cancel
    your meetings with other people, withdraw from reality in any way you
    can. Now, you have to decide what you can and cannot do.
    Withdraw from as much of your reality as you can for 30 days, and
    explore the recesses and the resources of your Vortex.

Fire up the passion of your imagination. Buy a notebook and call it your 'Book of Positive Aspects' and write in it as much as you have time for and tune yourself in these small efforts to the vibration of who you really are. And on about day 3 or 4, inspiration to act in new ways will begin to occur to you and as the inspiration occurs follow thru with it if you can in the moment that you think of it. Make the call, move in the direction of it, it's like Source taking you by the hand and saying, 'Been mentioning this for quite a while and I want to show you where it is. You've been mentioning that for quite a long while and I want to show you where it is.'

And then document in your notebook the evidence of things that you've wanted for a while that are now vivid enough that you are seeing the evidence of them, but even more than seeing it or hearing it or smelling it or tasting it or touching it, feeling the vividness of it. If someone says to you, 'You seem different. What's going on with you?' Tell them, 'I'm withdrawing from reality,' [fun] and before they can muster too much alarm, say to them, 'but don't worry, I'm focusing into my vibrational reality, which really is present tense.' And as they say, 'Well, you do seem happier,' say to them,

'Everything that I want and everything that I am is in this Vortex where I am now focusing. And I've discovered that I'm addicted to this expanded version of me and that I cannot go back. I tried to go back for quite a while. I didn't really know about the existence of this Vortex. I was clinging to reality and it was tearing me apart and so I let go of reality and I began thinking in terms of vibrational reality, and now, there's no stress in my body, now there's no pain in my body, now there's no anger in my heart, now there's no tension in my being, now there's no resistance around me and now I'm floating free in this Vortex of cooperative components where all kinds of remarkable things are presenting themselves to me in just perfect timing. It's like the entire universe has been established just to support me.'

And your friend will walk away scratching his head probably, but when you reach that place where you are ready to announce to anyone that you see, that you have freed yourself from the clinging of 'this morning's eggs' and that you are now floating free in the expectation of all things as you have most wanted them to be; the body weight that i choose, the clarity I seek, the friendships I adore, the relationships with my children and my parents and my siblings that I've long been seeking, a feeling of patriotism about this nation in which I so proudly live, a feeling of exhilaration and appreciation about this planet that spins in its orbit and all that came before I got here in order to add support to that which I am, appreciation for the infrastructure of my world, the economic infrastructure, the engineering infrastructure, the infrastructure that moves the food around, the infrastructure that moves the goods around, the appreciation for those who are trucking things around from place to place and those who are repairing the roads who make it possible that it moves, the people who have the ideas and the people who have the businesses, my appreciation for the big businesses that are at the heart of the commerce that are serving so many of us, my appreciation of the big government that is at the heart of so much of the structure that makes it possible for us to move in the organized way we do, my appreciation for the people who build the houses and who cook the food, my appreciation for all that is just running rampant as I stand inside the Vortex and realize that this reality that I am now observing, in a slighter fashion, has always ever been the bouncing off place for that which I am creating through the power of my imagination.

I realize now that I was always off base when I had imagined myself into a new place and that i expected reality to live up to that which was always going to be that which was to come in terms of manifestation. I've been asking too much from reality and I'm no longer going to do it. Reality is never going to disappoint me again. My government is never going to disappoint me again, because my version of my government in my Vortex is what I am now giving my attention to. I have been wrong to ask my government to be the new and improved version that is only in the Vortex.

I must go to the Vortex where the new and improved version is in order to make claim to this government that I seek. You are following? We have enjoyed this interaction more than words can say. Come to the Vortex, where we are, where all the cooperative components to everything you want IS, and we will all continue to live happily ever after, which we will all continue to do, whether you are living happily ever after in this moment or not. Happily ever after IS the order of this universe. It is our promise to you. Well-being abounds. There is great love for you, and, as always, we remain blissfully, and eternally, in the Vortex."

Abraham-Hicks from the Boston 6/5/10 Vortex of Creation Workshop

About watching the News

When you watch TV, it seems it´s all going wrong!
    You might not know it, but there are people on this planet,
    looking all around the world for the miniscule percentage
    of things, going wrong.

And they capture them on video and sound, and they put them
    in pipelines and they feed them into your homes for you,
    to look at. And they give you the impression that there is
    SO MUCH MORE of that happening than there is.

And if you watch enough of that, you´ll lose
    your sense of your own wellbeing.

And if you lose your sense of your own wellbeing, that- even
    it´s been flooded to you, and you´ve been offered guidance,
    and your IB is offering you reassurance, you are not in the
    receptive mode of the reassurance!
    You are in the receptive mode of the statistics of things
    going wrong.

03/25/2017 in Orlando

feels to me this one fits here as well...

Are there "ghosts", evil spirits, hauntings?

Questioner:
    People talk about sometimes they’ll come into the room and things are misplaced or moved around and they attribute it to hauntings…

Abraham:
    – Most of it we attribute it to bad memory… and to the cooperative Universe that will always assist you.In other words when you decide that something is lost you can’t find it, even though it’s right there, and then when you get back into the vibration that allows you to see it, then you’re sure that someone has brought it in and put it there.

There’s more of that going on than anything, but in fairness everything is vibrational and everything that you see in this physical world is an extension of that vibration.

And so, this nonphysical energy that is focused does have the ability to- right before your eyes- move things, because everything is vibrational.
    So, hauntings… give us an example?

Q:
    This is more my friends question – so I don’t have a specific question. Of course we seen things on television… Is it part of our creation because when someone goes out to look for hauntings they will find them because they are creating…?

Abe:
    Here’s the thing – everything is about vibration and vibration is being interpreted in many different ways. We’ve already talked about the real-life reality that you want to call reality which is your interpretation of vibration.

Your eyes interpret vibration and that’s why you see. Your ears interpret vibration and that’s why you hear, so you were interpreting energy into what you see.

Esther, as she is receiving us here is receiving blocks of thought – we’re sort of downloading big blocks of thought – she gets them at an unconscious level sorts them out and finds words equivalent to best describe the block of thought she is receiving.

So Esther is a very good verbal translator of this vibration, but there are others who are visual translators of vibration and they are those who have visions who see things and many of you do too. The thing that is important to understand whether you are verbally translating – Esther is more auditory than visual – whether you are verbally translating or whether you are visually translating or both. In any case you are receiving the vibration that you must be somewhere in the vibrational vicinity of the vibration in order to interpret it.

In other words Esther has discovered that if she meditates, or if she’s joyful, or if she’s basking that she’s much more up to speed with what Abraham is and so the flow of Abraham is much more comfortable and much more emphatic or precise or beneficial if she’s up to speed with us.

So interpreting energy simply means being in the vibrational vicinity and then interpreting in some way visually or auditorily.

So now let’s talk about vibration other than the vibration that we are offering. In other words, we are a stream of consciousness and when Esther or any of you get in the vicinity of what we are you have that knowing.

You are knowing what we are talking about and surprising yourself, aren’t you? You’re right up to speed – did you hear how you laughed just at the right moment? Do you hear how you’re getting the subtle nuances of what we are offering? -You’re up to speed with us or that would not be happening.

So you’re in the vibrational vicinity of that which we are – now, Esther makes it easier for you because she’s speaking it out loud and you are commonly or collectively focused which makes it easier still – but just the same you are in the vibrational vicinity or you would not be getting it.

So, every thought that has ever been thought still exists – thoughts don’t go away, vibrations don’t go away and law of attraction gathers those vibrations into what you might call rivers or streams. And so you could pick-up on the river… this is a powerful stream of consciousness that we are projecting here which is easy for Esther and some of you to pick up on.

But there are streams of consciousness that are a spin-off of man’s conscious thought that are also easy for you to pick up on if you’re in the vibrational vicinity.

-That’s where all that “evil haunting” stuff comes from… in other words, as man worries about this and worries about that – as you watch Steven Spielberg movies, or Stephen King’s movies, as you watched that stuff- there’s a coalescing of all of that.

And it’s perfectly logical that someone in the vibrational vicinity of some of that unwanted stuff could be close enough to the vibration of it that they can begin to interpret it visually. Jerry and Esther – one of the very first people that they met as they began to do this work – a wonderful woman who’d lived in Dallas – and Jerry and Esther stayed at her home in fact when they went up to do the seminars.

She heard them on one of the few radio shows that they ever did, or that we ever did, and came to the first seminar that they conducted in Dallas. As she told them the story later when she became a good friend of theirs that as she was driving to the seminar after having heard us on the radio she is saying right out loud as she’s driving in her automobile, “Alright Abraham are you Angel or Devil?”

Which sort of gives you an idea of what was going on with her at the time – she did not understand when we emphatically say there is no source of evil, there’s just allowing who you really are or not.

But she was still in that place where she was looking for good and evil – hauntings and blessings sort of thing. And so as we were coming into the conversation – Esther was sitting at the time, not standing – and she asked the question as she was sitting there in the room and as we came to join the party in Esther’s experience, we were silent for an inordinate amount of time.

In fact Esther began to feel uncomfortable because she was used to us opening her eyes and getting right to it. But instead we opened her eyes and looked at this woman and the woman said, “the entire room filled with big angel wings.”

-We projected to her an answer to her question and in her ability to translate vibration visually she did. So it’s in the eye of the beholder – in other words you see what you are vibrationally tuned, but more important you see what you are expecting and expectation is a vibrational practice and anything is possible.

We just want you to know,
    that there is only a source of well-being, and that this source of well-being is dominant and if you’re picking up on any of that other stuff it’s just because you’re outside the vortex on the wrong ragged edge, you’ve got a pretty good vibration going and all that stuff floating around out there congealing and able to pick up- in other words:

Transmitting and receiving mechanisms, it’s all that it is.

...WHERE DO YOU GET THIS STUFF?
    -You don't get it from your source. Your source doesn't believe it. You don't get it from your beasts. Your beasts don't believe it. You get it from each other...you get it from those who've discovered that THEY can set the tone of your vibration.

And you say Go ahead, I'm too lazy to do it myself. It's easier for me to go to a movie and evoke a mood within me, than it is for me to gaze off into never-never land for 30 seconds and choose a vibration of my own.

As you are an observer of life, whatever you are observing dictates the vibration that you practice. As you are a creator of life, you deliberately choose what you observe in order to affect the vibration. You deliberately choose what you think in order to deliberately affect the vibration.

-Abe