Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Help me tell a better story about my green card

Help me tell a better story about my green card

Hello again , my Aber confidants

As you well know, I am on a new energy journey of raising my vibration. Your advice has been a tremendous help to me on the other threads.

So let's move to another "thorny" subject: my American green card. This is a 20 year old wish and Desire No.3 in my life's top.
    Those who read my posts before know how strong this desire is.

So I'm gonna tell it like it is for one last time. It is necessary in order for you to guide me change my thoughts and help me tell a better story from now on.

I have been here ten years. I love this country with a passion. I am working, making good money, have a pretty and comfy studio on my own, nobody here in NY ever asks me about my status (except for a few pretentious work places I tried to get hired in ). Overall, life is good.

But. I haven't seen my family in ten years. I miss to hold my mother in my arms. I miss aspects of my birth country and I would love to be able to go there for vacation and come back here. Because I overstayed my work visa, I can't get out because I won't get back in.

I would love to travel the world. I would love to join Abe in one of those fantastic cruises. Again, going out of the country is out of question.

I would like to live and work in other states as well. Have new experiences in states like Hawaii, Alaska, Colorado...I would spend one year in each state get to know all the beauties US has to offer.
    I can't. Anywhere but in NY proper documentation is required in order to land a job.

I want to pay taxes and be a good citizen. Unfortunately I lost my Social Security card. To get another one, an id is required or a valid work visa. I can't get a NY id or a driving license with my expired visa. So I can't open a bank account. I can't cash checks. I wouldn't be able to file tax return.

I would like to have health insurance. Same issue.

How do I stop telling this story ? When in every day life I stumble upon these things all the time, and again I hear myself saying : "oh, I don't have a green card, so I can't do x and y".

Or when I am asked often if I have been back to my country, if I have seen my family, if I will go there on summer for vacation like the rest of my colleagues from other countries...how do I respond, so I don't have to say the story " oh...I can't go, because I wouldn't be able to come back".

Those of you who know...I took action from OOTV and tried a path that didn't feel good out of desperation. That did not go well.

I now remembered that the HOW is not my job. I let go of means to an end. It doesn't have to be a partner that I do not love. It doesn't necessarily have to be Hillary either. It can come even from Trump himself, if I am aligned. And I am making alignment my top priority. The Universe will find a way.

But, how do I stop telling this story ? How do I live life like an American citizen, when I can't go vacation, can't do normal stuff that documented people do, can't even go to the bank ?

How do I vibrate "I have a green card, I can go to the bank, cash my checks, have insurance, pay my taxes and go vacation in Europe "?

Help. It is high time I do something about my vibe on this
    Last edited by AAIIG; 11-28-2016 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIG View Post
    How do I stop telling this story ?
    By telling a slightly different, better feeling story that you can believe. Especially when you're at the bottom of the EGS, that story is going to be shorter and more general.
    When in every day life I stumbled upon these things all the time, and again I hear myself saying : "oh, I don't have a green card, so I can't do x and y".
    Here's the thing -- the first part of your little stories are just fine: "I'd like to hold my mother in my arms." No wobble. "I'd like to be able to visit my home country for vacation." No wobble. The wobble only comes when you follow up with, "But I can't go because I don't have a green card." That's not your lack of a green card or status holding you back (although it SEEMS like it is), that's YOU snuffing out your desire before you get started. So the glaringly obvious answer is to STOP DOING THAT. Part of what isn't working is that you've still got it backward. You still want to find a way to make these things happen so that you can feel better in response to the different conditions, but that isn't going to work. All you need to do is to start enjoying the idea of your desires NOW. As far as LOA is concerned, there's no difference if your current indicator is, "Can't go because I don't have a green card" or "Can't go because I don't have the money." The point is that it's still just you saying, "I can't go..." Once you let go of that condition and start giving your attention to what you want and start to enjoy the idea of it," things will start to shift.

Abraham was talking to a woman who wanted to manifest $100k. When they asked why she wanted the money, the woman explained that she wanted to travel the world with her husband and then asked if she could have the money now. Abraham explained that she wanted the money to materialize so that she could go on the trip and then start enjoying herself, but she needed to start enjoying herself and then the money would find it's way to her. It's the same story here. Do you need to have your mother in your arms this moment in order to remember what you love about your mother? No. Do you need to be on vacation in your home country this moment to think about the familiar places you'd like to visit when you're there? No. Do you need to have your absolute favorite meal in front of you this moment to think about that meal? NO. Would it be easier? Perhaps. Is it NECESSARY? No. You can think about the aroma, the flavors, the textures, remember times you've eaten it before, etc. It's simply a matter of practice.
    Or when I am asked often if I have been back to my country, if I have seen my famiky, if I will go there on summer for vacation like the rest of my colleagues from other countries...how do I respond, so I don't have to say the story " oh...I can't go, because I wouldn't be able to come back".
    Easy: "No." You don't have to justify yourself. Or perhaps something a little softer like, "I'm looking forward to doing that."
    Those of you who know...I took action from OOTV and tried a path that didn't feel good out of desperation. That did not go well.
    And isn't it great to have life experience that demonstrates what happens when you take action from OOTV? As Abraham reminds us, "Words don't teach, life experience teaches." You got an outcome that matched the way you feel. Now you know. You also know that when you're able to find better feeling places on this topic, they're going to yield better outcomes. That's a good thing.
    I now remembered that the HOW is not my job. I let go of means to an end. It doesn't have to be a partner that I do not love. It doesn't necessarily have to be Hillary either. It can come even from Trump himself, if I am aligned. And I am making alignment my top priority. The Universe will find a way.
    Exactly. It's not even necessary (and preferable not) to ask questions you don't have the answer to. Frankly, it doesn't matter because HOW is the least important factor here.
    But, how do I stop telling this story ? How do I live life like an American citizen, when I can't go vacation, can't do normal stuff that documented people do, can't even go to the bank ?
    You do realize that there are American citizens who, for various reasons, don't go to the bank, don't go on vacation, don't have insurance, etc. Now it doesn't matter WHY they don't, it's simply a fact that they exist. The important thing is that recognize that YOU are the one that is making this big gulf between what you want and where you are. The way you feel is telling you that you need to do the opposite -- start softening that narrowing that gap instead of widening it.
    How do I vibrate "I have a green card, I can go to the bank, cash my checks, have insurance, pay my taxes and go vacation in Europe "?
    Again, the immediate first step is obvious -- STOP telling the story of "Here are all the things I can't do because of my lack of status." You don't have to jump all the way to "I have..." Now that's going to be a challenge at first because you're used to pointing out all the things you can't do as a way to justify why you should get what you want. Now that might work with your mother, but it's not effective when it comes to LOA. Start focusing on all the day to day things you CAN do that aren't going to change if you get what you want. Living in the country you want to live? Check. Have a place to live? Check. Have a job? Check. Can go to the store and buy groceries? Check. Can take a walk to the park? Check. Can decide what to have for lunch? Check. All of these things (and more) are where you're already a match to what you want. There is literally no gap there, if you'll simply start paying attention to those many things. Now is that all that's going to have to change? Of course not. For now, however, that's a good place to start. Maybe later, when you've practiced noticing the things you CAN do, maybe you start imagining going to the bank or any of the other things you'd like to do. There's no difference between going to the bank and going on a cruise, vibrationally speaking. Things all work the same way. It's just a matter of gradually turning your attention in the direction of what you want rather than thrashing against the absence of of it.

Marc, thank you so much ! I'm already feeling a little better about this. THIS kind of support is exactly what I'm looking for, to help me change my thoughts pattern.

No, it doesn't have to be this red hot minute. But I want it to come.

I like the sound of "I'm looking forward to it.". And stopping there, without continuing with the "but...."

You know, I live right by the JFK airport . Planes come and go all the time flying above my house. I used to look at them at sigh " when will I be able to take a plane home again". Now, lately, I started to look at them and still sigh, but say " One day".

There is a recurring dream I have had for years. I dream that I took a plane and went to my home country. I see the capital, a smaller NY look alike, I hug my mother, I see my friends, and I boast : "oh, I'm going back next week". Then the day of departure comes, I'm at the airport and I realize I do not have a visa anymore...in some dreams I manage to sneak in anyway, all scared to death, other times the dream ends with a panic attack that wakes me up. This nightmare is an indicator of my vibration. It reflects it exactly. Pre Abe, I didn't know what it means. I was afraid to go to sleep for fear of this dream.

Yes, I want to rejoice in living the American dream here in NYC. This is the country, the city, the neighborhood I have chosen. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I'm looking forward to go see my mom. Give her an enormous hug. Eat get delicious foods she cooks for me. See again my favorite places there.

And more than everything, I want the feeling I'm gonna feel when returning from there, I pass the immigration gates back into the United States. It's then the nightmares will probably stop.

Oh. Wait what am I saying. I don't have to wait until then to feel relief. To feel free..to feel how I will feel re-entering the US from outside. It is that feeling that I want...wow. it's funny how sometimes we answer our own questions.

Posting here does so much good to my focus !

I read your reply three times already. I'm gonna make this thread my Bible, until I get accustomed to thinking different thoughts. Since there is no Abe clips on this subject - I'm surprised - all I have to support me in my intention to shift is this thread. So stay by me. I'm gonna do this !

Another thing that could be helpful is to notice here the line of expansion.

There was a time you had the desire to go to live in US, and you got there. First expansion
    When you were there, you had the desire to settle, get more stable, find a job, and you did. Second Expansion
    Now that you're more stable, you want that stability you have already achieved to be legally recognized with a green card, which would also give you more freedom of movement, and it's reasonable to think you will get there, because you got there the other two times. Third Expansion

You're really pretty good at catching up with your expansion. You've also come in contact with this knowledge and with a forum that helps you greatly at implementing it, which give you a strong edge. I dare say you're a natural at this! you must have deep resources available, were you a loved child? it's very likely you were. So give yourself credit for all you've already achieved, feel the deep power that you have.

AAIIG.. congratulations on this great thread.. the great answers you attracted.. and on your success in relocating here. I also really enjoyed your rampage on the states!
    That's all..really.. I just wanted to say how much I appreciate your asking and allowing. And who needs clips? I think your guidance is more than enough!

Treelotus, thank you I wrote a very small rampage of all the things and places I love about my adoptive country. I will add to it. That kind of vibration is what got me the company that brought me here, and with that kind of vibration I got my visa.

Rose, the third expansion is still in my vortex. I haven't caught up with it yet. Hence the intent of this thread. After years of affirming "I don't have a green card " when hitting the mentioned obstacles, after having tried to eat a bowl of worms, I finally decided to let go of everything and just begin to tell a different story.

I can't jump all the way to saying I have it. But I need to stop affirming I don't.
    I changed my vibration significantly on other subjects lately. Including on Desire number 1 and 2. I feel I let go of the oars. I'm going downstream, and it is time to go downstream on this powerful desire as well.

I'm proud of myself for taking the decision to do the work

Yes, Rose, I was a very loved child. An only child. My mother is extremely dear to me. I want to see her and spend time with her again physically. I want me and my mother to celebrate my wish being fulfilled in person, to go places together, I want to rest in her arms like when I was a child and feel her caress again. All while still having and keeping my life here in the US. I want the best of both worlds, going back and forth by plane

Rose, the third expansion is still in my vortex. I haven't caught up with it yet.
    I didn't say you had. You asked for help to tell a better feeling story and I provided you with a perspective on what's going on, that shows a story of expansion that's been going on for a while. Maybe it was not always so deliberate, maybe this most recent segment feels to you more challenging that the other two, I don't know, but what you have already achieved is remarkable. When I lived in US and Mexico I've seen firsthand how very very difficult it can be for people to get to pass the frontier, and well, you did! and a lot of people go around saying that with this economy it's hard to find a job, and well, you did! in the same way a lot of people say that it's difficult to get a green card, and that doesn't mean a tid squat, because you've showed to yourself it is really quite easy, when you're aligned, to do things that others find impossible or improbable.

Yes, Rose, thank you for your kind words and for seeing me through the eyes of Source .
    It is especially true about the "economy ". When people were moaning about the economy decline, how hard it is to find jobs, I was looking at them in disbelief. I ALWAYS find work right away ! Back then, not knowing about the Law, I thought they were lazy or picky. How can you not find work in NY, the City that never sleeps, one of the busiest, prosperous cities in the world ? In my line of work I use the help of an agency, and every single time, i end up with a good job, the very day I apply.
    I realize now, that this is my vibration on the subject Finding Work.

I wish I had the same ease about Getting My Green Card.

I wish I had the same ease about Getting My Green Card.
    How can you talk yourself into "the same ease" about getting your green card? Can you use your job-getting experience to help you with that?