Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Help me tell a better story about my green card

It opened !! The path of least resistance opened ! A path that was previously scattered with bad feeling conditions. I withdrew, did the work, put my focus on what I wanted, and the same path now reopened with the conditions being the way I wanted ! It comes a little costly, but it is well worth it, because I can feel good and I can feel proud, knowing that I earned it with my work and my money.

Next week, my lawyer will be sending my green card application to the USCIS.

Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post
    I LOVE reading and feeling you!
    BIG appreciation to you!
    Big appreciation and lots of love to my dear cheerleaders ! You guys are terrific ! And Poe, I love reading your wisdom too, on all threads

Congratulations! wow, so nice! I thought immediately when you posted about how happy you were to be able to pay taxes even if you didn't have to, that something was seriously cooking...

aaand... I don't like to be called a cheerleader... probably I just don't get it because I'm not american, but I find it diminishing? not sure what you're indicating back to me here ha ha! but I'll check it out
    anyway it's cool, I know you don't mean it in a bad way at all, and maybe it's as I said just me not getting it
    Last edited by rose essence; 01-12-2017 at 07:12 AM.

Super Moderator Hands in the Clay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rose essence View Post
    aaand... I don't like to be called a cheerleader... probably I just don't get it because I'm not american, but I find it diminishing? not sure what you're indicating back to me here ha ha! but I'll check it out
    anyway it's cool, I know you don't mean it in a bad way at all, and maybe it's just me not getting it
    It's you not getting it, I can assure you (and if it doesn't feel good when you read it, go pet a cat or something).

Congratulations, AAIIG!! From one expatriate to another, I know how exciting this all is! Just keep soothing, soothing, soothing, reaching for relief, reaching for relief, all along the way!

I came here to edit it or and bring it to a pmail where it belonged, but I was too late
    yeah I do have dislike for all kind of macho culture markers, I don't get american football either for that matter
    and most certainly it's a lost in translation thing, it's not random that in europe we have imported all kinds of things and mannerisms from US but not cheerleaders

just carry on AAIIG , and congrats again!

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AAIIG View Post
    Big appreciation and lots of love to my dear cheerleaders ! You guys are terrific ! And Poe, I love reading your wisdom too, on all threads
    Thank you, your compliment is sincerely appreciated!
    Im eager for your unfolding, such joy to be with you, in this!

Super Moderator Hands in the Clay's Avatar
    (In its purest, original form, as intended here, a "cheerleader" is one who leads a cheer, encourages others/another to do or support something, who roots for someone's success, based on the word "cheer" [gladness, gaiety, something that gives joy, lightness of spirits or mood], which comes from the Anglo-Norman chere [face] from the old French chiere from the Latin cara [face], which is merely a transliteration of the Greek cara [head; κάρα].)

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Lol. What a turn. What does it mirror to me? I never had any issue with this word before...to me it means someone who applauds and encourages. Positive ovations. No dimineashing meant, I assure you, all on the contrary !

Im still ITV can't sleep. Im going to have my medical exam done. All other documents are being gathered in a few days

I'm so excited. I can't believe it is happening ! Looking at green card pictures online..that little thing is BEAUTIFUL ! Omg...so happy !

Quote Originally Posted by Hands in the Clay View Post
    It's you not getting it, I can assure you (and if it doesn't feel good when you read it, go pet a cat or something).

Congratulations, AAIIG!! From one expatriate to another, I know how exciting this all is! Just keep soothing, soothing, soothing, reaching for relief, reaching for relief, all along the way!
    Thank you very much, HITC ! It's wonderful to share my happiness with you all !

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hands in the Clay View Post
    (In its purest, original form, as intended here, a "cheerleader" is one who leads a cheer, encourages others/another to do or support something, who roots for someone's success, based on the word "cheer" [gladness, gaiety, something that gives joy, lightness of spirits or mood], which comes from the Anglo-Norman chere [face] from the old French chiere from the Latin cara [face], which is merely a transliteration of the Greek cara [head; κάρα].)

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.
    What a WONDERFUL word!! Thank you for this little rampage-explanation!