Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: "Mental Disorders"

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    "My thoughts are thinking me"

Someone said to us one day "Abraham sometimes it feels my thoughts are
    thinking me," and that's what the momentum of LOA does:
    Whatever thought you have activated, Loa will bring you more of it.

But sooner or later you have to decide, "this isn't working for me, and let me
    decide if I can find another way of going about it!"

It's not so different than anyone walking into a situation where they let
    what's happening dominate their vibration.
    And it has to get pretty out of whack before they decide to take a stand,
    and offer a vibration differently.

Washington DC, 10/14/06

You see yourself as flawed and needing a cleaning.
    We see you as perfect and only needing the awareness
    that you are perfect!

- Abraham-Hicks

Donīt BURN OUT!

Your desire to help others-
    which has been the bane of your life...
    (...) WHAT IS IT that makes you so full -
    and everybody except us is going to tell you what a lovely thing it is!-

WHAT IS IT that makes you so full of wanting to help others,
    before you even found YOUR OWN stability?

Itīs the same that got you here (into the instability).
    People, demanding of one another (...) -demanding of you-
    something, before you had your bearings!
    Itīs like a parent badgering you into compliance, and then
    being MAD about you for not being happy.

HS:
    And now, Iīm doing it to myself, you say?

Abe:
    Yes. Yes!
    And it comes from learning flawed premises.
    It comes from people, saying "You want to serve others."
    And we say: OF COURSE YOU DO!
    We are all in this together. You WANT to uplift others.

But if you donīt tend to your own alignment, FIRST,
    you have nothing to give another!
    (...) Itīs right for you, itīs necessary for you,
    and not just necessary, itīs RIGHT for you to bring yourself
    into alignment. And to not just bring yourself into stability-
    but VITALITY.

And THEN, from THAT place, help anyone who is vibrationally near you.
    And the thing thatīs tricky about this is:
    When you get there, when you get into THAT vitality-
    those that you think you will help, wonīt be in your vicinity.

And thatīs why almost EVERYBODY that goes BACK to help,
    loses their own vitality.

from the clip
    Abraham Hicks - Shouldn't Recovered Turn Back To Help Others

Manic Depression/ Medication

Abe:
    Here's another way of saying it. Depression is like pressing the pedal to 600 MPH in reverse with your foot simultaneously on the brake. Manic is like going 600 miles per hour in an airplane on the ground. Pure Positive Energy experiences are like going 600 MPH in the air!

1. Manic depression is a double compliment - It says you are tremendously able to focus and you have incredible power in your original wanting. Only where both of these are true do you get that diagnosis.

2. Whether you continue to take your medicine or not is the action journey. You can be irritated about it, or appreciating the easier balance it provides.

3. We never recommend abruptly changing your action journey. Tend to the alignment first. Do your work on how you feel about it.

4. The journey from stability to ecstasy is easier than the journey from agony to ecstasy. The medicine helps for now. Stability is a stopping off point on a longer journey to passion and joy. We'd rather see you as peaceful than fearful.

5. You are taking the medicine in fear of lock up psych wards. So, you need to talk your way into a new place. When it is time to take the pill, but the fear is great, take the pill. Then having taken the pill, deliberately move to anger, and the next night the same thing. While taking the pill, don't settle for fear, reach for anger. As you do it, night after night, soon, instead of anger, it feels more like frustration, and the next night, you can see it is no longer fear, but impatience. Take the pill because you appreciate it's benefit, or because you said you would, but no longer take it because you are afraid of what will happen if you do not take it.

6. Now that you have dealt with the tailspin of fear, start to think of lowering dosage. From this stable new place, you can make another decision.

Consider that you have the opportunity to decide whether to take the pill or not, and think about not taking it sometime and talk your way into feeling peaceful about the possibility. Say, "I can take it again tomorrow night, but I will maybe not take it tonight." The fear is not nearly as great as it once was, but if the fear comes up and you can't talk it into feeling better, take the pill tonight and let tomorrow night be the night you don't take it.

Lay in your bed, knowing you could still get up and take the pill if you wanted to, but find that instead, you drop off into peace. The next day you feel ok, and you can appreciate the freedom from negative emotion the pill has allowed you and taking it every other night becomes a more comfortable experience. Before long, you begin to do everything based on your personal comfort with it.

7. Don't give up the lifeboat until you learn how to swim!

8. Whether you take it or not will become a non-issue.

9. Manic depressives live fast, know that life is supposed to be good and take quantum leaps that are hard to sustain. Taking the time to stabilize your vibration along the way, looking for relief at each small step, allows you to have creative control.

10. You don't have to settle for the snooze zone of peacefulness. But going up the spiral blasted by too much contrast doesn't allow you to hold the ecstasy. So give yourself time to move deliberately up the emotional scale.

11. You are liquid love, born into a fabulous environment of contrast. But if you are strongly desiring in a place of strong contrast, you can lose your footing. Just move from despair to peacefulness, then move through it into excitement and joy.

12. Take it easy. Don't let the pill represent inadequacy. It's not true.
    It's helpful for you now, in time it will seem less necessary. Then in time it will be something that was once helpful and eventually it will be a total
    non-issue.

Abe

Outtake:

Depression is like pressing the pedal to 600 MPH
    in reverse with your foot
    simultaneously on the brake.

Abe

Taking the medicals?

In talking with us, she said "Should I not just be able to adjust myvibration
    to achieve my well-being? Should I really go outside ofmyself to have
    [the medical treatment] done?"

-And we said well we understand what you are getting at but if you really want
    to carry this "I've got to do it myself " to an extreme, we think we would see
    you at your stove today banging rocks togetherto make fire to cook your food!

In other words there is certainly not anything inappropriate aboutbenefiting
    by the technology of your environment.So if we were standing in your
    physical shoes, we would receive thebest of all of all of it.

We would say "Universe, wellness is what Iwant. Guide me to fastness route
    to it." -And sometimes traditionalwestern medicine is the fastest route,
    that you are wanting. Andsometimes its through something that is less
    traditional and ALWAYS, its through relaxing and allowing the well-being
    to come.

But there is a danger that we feel in the attitude
    that "Ive got tomake it happen on my own".

Because usually behind that vibration is asense, that "I have to prove
    something to somebody" and that is so fullof RESISTANCE that it rarely
    gets anything done. And so they just endup living frustrated lives, refusing
    the benefit that they couldreceive, and not really allowing the wellness
    that would be there forthem, otherwise.

Extract from Abraham-Hicks tape G-6/3/95

Depression is Deprival.

from the clip
    Abraham Hicks-How To Step Back Into Life After Depression

Be as happy as you want to be in a world
    gone mad.
    Be as safe as you want to be in a a world that is afraid
    of everything.
    Be as healthy as you want to be in a world that is mostly
    sick. Don’t let the statistics that someone else has created affect you.

You get to choose...
    you are wise enough, smart enough, deliberate enough.

-Abe

About listening to- valuing- and following the inner guidance:

Your Inner Being is guiding you toward well-being. ALWAYS!!
    Whether you are listening or not.

And so the question is: Are you listening?
    And how do you know when you are?

And we say to you, you cannot hear the guidance when you are angry. You cannot hear the guidance when you are mad. You cannot hear the guidance when you are fearful. You cannot hear the guidance when you are fitful. You cannot hear the guidance when you are guilty. You cannot hear the guidance when you are lonely.

You cannot hear the guidance when your valve is closed, you see.
    So!! -Just get happy in any way you can.

Do the things that please you most. Spend time with the people that thrill you most. Go to the places where you bask easily. And most of all, make a decision that “Nothing is more important than that I feel good”.

And under those conditions you will be guided with a precision that will knock your socks off. Not just to an area that will receive little disruption, but to an area where you can thrive. To an area where you can find joy. To an area where you will rendezvous with the others you’ve intended.

Abe

Most of you feel resistance and think it’s normal.
    And we want you to know IT'S NOT! It’s abnormal.
    It is not anything like who you are.

What is normal to you is enthusiasm.
    What is normal to you is laughing a lot. Many, many times a day. Feeling strong and secure. Feeling so much self-confidence, so sure about who you are, that when you look at others you’re always in a position to uplift them.

What’s normal for you is to have so much energy, that at the end of the day you are still looking for things to do. Having such a passion for life that you’re eager to get together with other people to hear about what they’re doing, to see if it’s anything you might want to turn a little of your attention to. To have so much energy at the end of the day, that you’re already eagerly planning tomorrow. Feeling disappointed that the sun goes down and enthusiastic the sun comes up!

What is normal is a zest for life beyond anything that most of you, over eight years of age, have remembered or felt in a long, long time.
    That’s what's normal.

Abe

Having a "screwed inner mechanism"?

HS has experienced extreme pain and trauma in his childhood.

Abe:
    You have the ability to remember- until you are no longer in this body,
    things that happened in your first weeks. Memory is not about a storage-cabinet, or a file-cabinet, itīs about an ACTIVE VIBRATION.

And so, you will NEVER outlive your capacity to remember unwanted. BUT YOU CAN tune yourself to a vibrational frequency, where it just doesnīt come up! Because your practiced vibration is different!
    (...) Itīs not a good idea to argue with your lifeīs experience!

Because you believe what you believe, because of the experience that you had!

HS:
    The problem for me is that the life-experiences that I had (...)-theyīve made me attuned... Iīm not saying "I want", but they made me attuned to something that I donīt want. It would be easy, if I just would do all the things that make me happy. But the problem with that is that I tend to go to the things that make me unhappy, thinking they will make me happy.
    My mechanism inside is... screwed.

Abe:
    We know what youīr getting at. What youīr getting at is a little screwy. There is a flawed premise there. Let us tell you what youīr getting at, and why:

Because of the nature of your being, and your work, and the way your mind works, there is a certain benefit in pathos. Knowing what you donīt want helps you to find what you do want. So, part of this keeping it active is, because out of it comes some poignant things, that people are relating to, in their now- experience, and there is an advantage to you, and to them, in some of that.

Consider that the contrast in all things, such as without silence, there couldnīt be an appreciation of sound. And without darkness, there couldnīt be an appreciation of light. But lets be even more clear! Without silence, you wouldnīt even KNOW what sound was! Without darkness, you wouldnīt know what light is.

Iow, it takes both ends of that spectrum in order to focus you into an experience. And so, unwanted and wanted go very well together in terms of focusing.
    But now, as you acknowledge how this really works, in unwanted there is wanted. And in wanted, there is momentum. And in that momentum, now, there is a sharper awareness of wanted and unwanted.

You just canīt get around the fact,
    that you CAME FOR JOYOUS EXPERIENCE,
    and that you didnīt mean to feel bad.

That in this satisfaction, there must be some dissatisfaction- but the extremes do not have to be so great. And what happens with a lot of people, especially if they are in an environment that they canīt control, as a part of their early life, is that they lived unwanted, and it causes them to want- but then they canīt have what they want because their still living unwanted. Which causes them to want MORE.

But they still donīt think they can have it, because they still are living unwanted, and so there is this feeling of entrapment. Because "my circumstances wonīt let me be free enough to have what I want."

But now the trap that you are feeling- because the circumstances are no longert there!- now the circumstances are just circumstances of memory. Or the circumstances of vibration. And now, you do have control, -you always did, you just didnīt know it- but that control doesnīt come easy, because the patterns of thought are there.

And thatīs a GOOD thing, because each time, you trip on or stumble across, another pattern of that thought, now- knowing what you now know, you RECOGNICE it. Only now, youīr doing what a lot of people do- (...) you are recognizing the unwanted and are beating up on yourself, for being there. Thatīs why we like step 5 SO MUCH.

Where you are going along and- you spoke so accurately- "Abraham, Iīm living a really good life! And Iīm a deliberate creator. And I can get what I want, and I donīt have a problem with that. And Iīm TITITO much of the time. EVERY bit of that true. But every now and then, I go back into a strong step 1 moment..."

-And then what happens is, you beat up on you because of that step 1 moment.
    Because it feels like that PRACTISED NOT BEING IN CONTROL.

Well, we want to announce to you and to everybody, youīr not EVER gonna control LoA. LoA will always have itīs way with you! So if you have an active vibration, LoA will make it more and more and more and more and more.

Until you finally just come to the place where you say: "Hey, I lived some stuff that was CRAP! It was just NOT right! It was just not right, on any level." And we want you to announce to the Universe:

"I will NEVER feel satisfaction, when I think about THAT! THAT was an unsatisfying experience. And THAT is unwanted! And THAT produces this desire- which I LIKE.

But THAT is unsatisfying! THAT IS UNSATISFYING.
    (big cheering)

I didnīt wanna live it, I shouldnīt have lived it, I donīt wanna live it again, and there is NOTHING WRONG with me for being able to discern wanted and unwanted, and THAT is unwanted. That is unwanted. But NOW, I have choice, now! And my choices will get easier and easier and easier, as I choose MORE that is satisfying, and MORE that is satisfying, and MORE that is satisfying."

And the thing that is wonderful, that you are not ready to receive -almost nobody would be, under these conditions- thereīs gonna be a time in your life, that thatīs gonna feel more satisfying to you, because THIS was produced out of THAT, and THIS is sooo fantastic.

THIS was produced out of THAT- and THIS is SO FANTASTIC!
    "So much of who I am, produced out of THAT-
    and THIS is sooo fantastic."

from the clip
    Abraham Hicks 2017 - Getting to the bottom of things (Boston 2017)