Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: You don't need to 'feel good' about your desire to manifest it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchbox View Post
    I have a question about the "focus" aspect about it. Most of the time my thoughts feels like they're in an autopilot mode.
    I know it seems that way, but that's not really an accurate statement of what's actually going on.

They come and go, and they consist of random content.
    So, are you telling us that you're a victim to these random thoughts? Is someone thinking these thoughts and inserting them into your head?

I'm being deliberately outrageous here because you and I know this is not the case. You and I know that you are the only thinker of your thoughts. What you're really telling us here is that you haven't yet learned that you can focus yourself into thinking thoughts that you want to think, because you haven't yet learned that this is a possibility and that there are good reasons for you to learn that skill. I totally understand that. And I understand how that would lead you to a place where you're sort of thinking your thoughts according to the habits that you've been practicing and having your knee-jerk reactions to many topics. That's the way that most people live their lives and manage their focus.

But some of them come to recognize that when they focus and think in this direction, they feel better and when they focus and think in those directions, they feel worse. So, they come to understand--even without hearing a word from Abraham or from this Forum--that how they direct their focus creates the feelings that they experience. As a result, they decide to focus in ways that feel better to them and they relearn that ability. (Because we are all born, hard-wired, to want to feel better. It's these other habits to which you're alluding here that you had to learn.) In many cases, their desire to feel better is sufficient reason for them to relearn and to practice habits of focus.

Now, we members of this Forum have an extra incentive to learn this because we know these teachings. So, we understand the underlying principles and the reasons for why such a practice can be important to us.

Could that be maybe why whenever i deliberate try to manifest something...
    This really is a major distortion of these teachings. Many people do ignore the books (which you and I have already discussed) and make assumptions (perhaps from the clips) about what Abraham are teaching, but those assumptions always lead those friends down a garden path.

When you talk about "deliberate[ly] try to manifest something," you're glossing over the original 3 Steps of the Creative Process--importantly, Steps 1 & 2: It's DONE! Your "creation" is done.

All your job (all of any of our jobs) is Step 3: Allowing, becoming a vibrational match to our desires, which is why the story of Esther's rainfall is so appropriate to this phase of this conversation.

You can't focus on the absence of your desire (and--face it--when you're observing your manifested what-is reality, that's what most people are doing) and be a match to what you've created in your Steps 1 & 2. That's why Esther couldn't look to her manifestation of her drought and Allow rain. She couldn't talk about why she didn't want the drought and Allow rain. It was only until she was able to feel her way into Allowing the rain that she was able to Allow the rain that she had created to flow out of her VE/VR/Vortex (all names for the same thing) in such a way that she (and others) could translate the vibration of her creation with their physical senses.

and then I go and fall into this autopilot stream of thoughts, could that cancel my initial desire?
    Your desire has not only been hatched in your Step 1 (which, in almost all of our cases, has been long before we can even articulate with words what our "desire" is), but in that very instant of your Asking (Step 1), it is given (Step 2). It is done.

And I know that I'm beating a drum here but your desires are inevitable. They are DONE. You will get them. It's a done deal. Truly. and no one can ever take those fulfilled desires, your creation, away from you. That's why one of the original names for the Vortex was "your Vibrational Escrow." (And that name remains, to this day, a personal favorite of mine.)

So, you cannot "cancel" your desire. You can block it. You can hold yourself apart from it. You can have your shields up, your valve closed, you can point yourself Upstream, you can set your tuner to 97.8 when your desire is playing on 101.3-- These are all ways that Abraham have used to describe the same thing. And each time you let your mind wander into your old habits so that your thoughts focus counter to what you want, you will feel negative emotion. So, you have a guidance system, letting you know what you're doing with your thoughts.

Do you drive? (I don't want to be presumptuous.) If so or if you've been an alert passenger in a car, you may have experienced a newer analogy about this from Abraham. They talk about staying in your lane. In the U.S., on many highways, there are a variety of little bumps in addition to the lines to indicate the lanes. When we're drifting out of your lane, as our tyres go over these bumps, we have an additional indicators of what we're doing with our car. We can use those indicators (of noise and sensation) to check in with our intention (After all, there are times when we do want to move from one lane to another.) and if our intention is to stay in our lane, then we can respond to our indicators and to do fulfill our intention.

Now, you could claim that your car went in random directions. You could say that. But the reality is that, when you operate your car, there's an awareness that you do have the ability to direct your car intentionally. There's even an expectation that you do direct your car intentionally. If you let your car drift randomly (in much the same way that you're describing here with your thoughts) and you wind up somewhere you don't want to be, that's really on you as the operator of the car. It's the same thing with your thoughts.

Am I insisting or demanding that you do this in the next instant? No, of course not. I understand that you have some habits which are different than that. I hear you. But you do have the ability to direct your thoughts, just like you have the ability to direct your car. And when you learned how to drive, it took some time and practice in order to become good at it. So, it makes sense that it will take some time and practice to become good at this, too.

But haven't you found that, in any learning process, it's easier to learn something when you are open to the idea that you have the aptitude to do this thing you want to learn and that you can learn this thing you want to learn easily? And haven't you learned that when you tell the story of how something is hard, it becomes hard to match your story?

So does that mean I have to focus on my desire all the time?
    If you notice in your book, Abraham don't teach us to "focus on my desire." They teach us to feel better. This is such an important distinction that a number of us resort to in your face formatting to highlight the distinction.

So, if you can focus on your desire in a way that feels better than what you had been focusing upon, then do more of that. If, when you focus on your desire, you feel worse, then Abraham (and we) would encourage you to either find ways to feel better about your desire or to shift your focus to a topic which is easier for you to feel better​ about. Which brings us back to the original topic of this thread; look at that!

Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    I think it's best to start this discussion with clarification of what resistance actually is. When Esther finds the word “resistance” for Abraham, she and they mean any thought which runs counter to your desire. So, your grey thought above would only be “resistance” if the thinker of that thought wanted a sunny day. In that case, a more accurate phrasing of that thought might really be:

“Even though I can see it's sunny out right now [aligned with the desire], I have just observed the forecast and I have an expectation that the forecast will manifest [in opposition to the desire].”

In the fuller story from which that quote was extracted, Esther's desire was for for it to rain. She resisted the rain that she wanted when she focused on the manifested drought conditions which prompted her desire. She even resisted the rain that she wanted when she talked to Abraham about why she didn't want the drought. It was only until she was able to focus purely (AKA “without resistance”) on the rain that she wanted that she was able to allow the rain that she wanted, which is Step 3 of the Creative Process.

And that, too, was Esther's experience. When she first started to “work” on the drought, her “work” was primarily, initially, focused on why she didn't want the drought. Abraham pointed out that she was focusing on what she didn't want, when they wanted her to focus on what she did want.

When she was able to focus purely on the rain that she wanted and why she wanted it, she released enough of her resistance so that she allowed her very localized, drought-relieving storm.
    So every single technique out there in the "loa society" all boils down to "get into a state of non-resistance" and the way we, who study Abraham put that into practice is to feel better, because simply feeling better gently releases resistance? So technically getting into the present moment and meditating are all ways we can release resistance they are not THE way to get into a non-resistant state of mind

--how would you explain the good feeling, ecstasy state that happens when we become present or meditate when we we are non resistant? How does being non resistant sometimes lead to such high momentum states like ecstasy and joy? I do get that naturally we are pure postive energy but how can this be explained, like the momentum of the joy?

In meditation there's no-resistance, if you check the EGS scale at the top (no-resistance), there's also Joy.

Quote Originally Posted by cookthechef View Post
    So every single technique out there in the "loa society" all boils down to "get into a state of non-resistance"...
    I would disagree with this statement and I think it doesn't serve you to conflate these teachings with everything in "loa society," because most of "loa society" doesn't talk about "resistance" and emotional guidance in the way that Abraham do. I think this is one of those things that I've been hearing your posts which has been tripping you up.

...and the way we, who study Abraham put that into practice is to feel better, because simply feeling better gently releases resistance?
    Feeling better is your indicator that you have released your resistance.

So technically getting into the present moment and meditating are all ways we can release resistance...
    Here's an example of what I mean. You're looking to the action--whether it's "getting into the present moment" or "meditating"--rather than how you feel. And this isn't me being picky. This is a critical distinction.

You can "be in the present moment" and still be thinking your resistant thoughts about the present moment. So, that's not necessarily a technique for releasing resistance. If you get in the present moment and are observing all the ways that the present moment sucks, you're heaping more resistance upon your trail rather than releasing it.

Meditation can be a way of releasing resistance because, in meditation, we stop all thought, both resistant and allowing thoughts. Abraham teach meditation because they have found that it's easier to teach us to stop all thought than it is to teach us to think pure, positive thoughts, because all of us--no matter where we are on the Scale--are in the vicinity of stopping all thoughts. But not every one of us are in the vicinity of pure, positive thought.

If we are in the vicinity of pure, positive thought, Abraham have often said that they would much prefer to see us in a state of Appreciation (Esther's current word for the purest, most positive thoughts available to us) than in a state of meditation.

So, it's how you feel as a result of what you're doing with your vibration (not your action) which lets you know whether you're releasing or adding resistance.

...they are not THE way to get into a non-resistant state of mind
    I don't think I've said anything was "THE" way to get into a non-resistant state of mind. With some 4 dozen Processes--all ways to get into the receptive mode--and more coming almost every Workshop, it would be a misstatement to say that anything was "THE" way. The reason why Abraham offer so many Processes is that we're all in different places vibrationally, having practiced different habits of vibration. Going back to one of my own favorite personal sayings, "when all you have is a hammer, then everything looks like a nail." I personally think it's more handy to have a well-stocked toolbox of tools I'm skilled in using. So, the idea of "THE" way or "a single way" doesn't serve me. YMMV.

--how would you explain the good feeling, ecstasy state that happens when we become present or meditate when we we are non resistant?
    What do you mean?

This question suggests that you don't understand how your emotional guidance system works, which might explain why you seem to want to leave it out of your consideration in your posts. Your emotional guidance is your indicator whether you are releasing or adding resistance in any moment*. When you release resistance, you feel better. The "better" that you feel is a result of your having released your resistance. So, if you release resistance by meditating or by becoming present, then it makes sense that you would feel better, wouldn't it?

Or am I missing something in your question?

How does being non resistant sometimes lead to such high momentum states like ecstasy and joy? I do get that naturally we are pure postive energy but how can this be explained, like the momentum of the joy?
    If the larger part of You is PPE (and it is), is always offering a vibration of Love and Joy and Appreciation and Passion (and it is) and you too are offering vibrations which match those vibrations, then the LoA has to bring you what matches your vibrations, doesn't it? Or do you have a different understanding of how the LoA works or of what momentum is? Momentum is a natural consequence of the LoA. If all of you is immersed in Joy, meaning that all of you is vibrating Joy, doesn't it make sense that the LoA must bring you more thoughts, ideas, inspirations, experiences, conditions, things which match your Joy vibration? That's momentum. That momentum will continue until you start shifting your focus so that you (in your physical body) are no longer a vibrational match to the Joy that is on offer to you in that moment, even if that moment is when you're doing your laundry.

Did we get there for you?

*Personally, I prefer to talk about "whether we are allowing or we're not" because allowing is the Wanted end of this stick. Resistance is the Unwanted end of this stick. But since this is how you framed your post, let's stick with this.

Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    I would disagree with this statement and I think it doesn't serve you to conflate these teachings with everything in "loa society," because most of "loa society" doesn't talk about "resistance" and emotional guidance in the way that Abraham do. I think this is one of those things that I've been hearing your posts which has been tripping you up.

Feeling better is your indicator that you have released your resistance.

Here's an example of what I mean. You're looking to the action--whether it's "getting into the present moment" or "meditating"--rather than how you feel. And this isn't me being picky. This is a critical distinction.

You can "be in the present moment" and still be thinking your resistant thoughts about the present moment. So, that's not necessarily a technique for releasing resistance. If you get in the present moment and are observing all the ways that the present moment sucks, you're heaping more resistance upon your trail rather than releasing it.

Meditation can be a way of releasing resistance because, in meditation, we stop all thought, both resistant and allowing thoughts. Abraham teach meditation because they have found that it's easier to teach us to stop all thought than it is to teach us to think pure, positive thoughts, because all of us--no matter where we are on the Scale--are in the vicinity of stopping all thoughts. But not every one of us are in the vicinity of pure, positive thought.

If we are in the vicinity of pure, positive thought, Abraham have often said that they would much prefer to see us in a state of Appreciation (Esther's current word for the purest, most positive thoughts available to us) than in a state of meditation.

So, it's how you feel as a result of what you're doing with your vibration (not your action) which lets you know whether you're releasing or adding resistance.

I don't think I've said anything was "THE" way to get into a non-resistant state of mind. With some 4 dozen Processes--all ways to get into the receptive mode--and more coming almost every Workshop, it would be a misstatement to say that anything was "THE" way. The reason why Abraham offer so many Processes is that we're all in different places vibrationally, having practiced different habits of vibration. Going back to one of my own favorite personal sayings, "when all you have is a hammer, then everything looks like a nail." I personally think it's more handy to have a well-stocked toolbox of tools I'm skilled in using. So, the idea of "THE" way or "a single way" doesn't serve me. YMMV.

What do you mean?

This question suggests that you don't understand how your emotional guidance system works, which might explain why you seem to want to leave it out of your consideration in your posts. Your emotional guidance is your indicator whether you are releasing or adding resistance in any moment*. When you release resistance, you feel better. The "better" that you feel is a result of your having released your resistance. So, if you release resistance by meditating or by becoming present, then it makes sense that you would feel better, wouldn't it?

Or am I missing something in your question?

If the larger part of You is PPE (and it is), is always offering a vibration of Love and Joy and Appreciation and Passion (and it is) and you too are offering vibrations which match those vibrations, then the LoA has to bring you what matches your vibrations, doesn't it? Or do you have a different understanding of how the LoA works or of what momentum is? Momentum is a natural consequence of the LoA. If all of you is immersed in Joy, meaning that all of you is vibrating Joy, doesn't it make sense that the LoA must bring you more thoughts, ideas, inspirations, experiences, conditions, things which match your Joy vibration? That's momentum. That momentum will continue until you start shifting your focus so that you (in your physical body) are no longer a vibrational match to the Joy that is on offer to you in that moment, even if that moment is when you're doing your laundry.

Did we get there for you?

*Personally, I prefer to talk about "whether we are allowing or we're not" because allowing is the Wanted end of this stick. Resistance is the Unwanted end of this stick. But since this is how you framed your post, let's stick with this.
    Ahhh so here comes the saying if it feels better do it, some things may feel better to hear/read and do today like certain processes but tomorrow it might be other processes, its not the action of anything, its how you feel when doing it and where you place your focus! And a state of non-resistance is always going to be on the wanted end of the scale, the top end of the EGS?

I have always had this notion in my mind that non-resistance was a state of nothing, a state of just bla.. where theres nothing to be felt, this blocked my understanding of that.

And a state of non-resistance is always going to be on the wanted end of the scale, the top end of the EGS?

You’re never going to be in a “state of non-resistance,” even in NP. So, this really isn’t a realistic question.

Allowing (which is the opposite of “resisting”) is focusing towards the Wanted end of the stick, towards the top end of the Scale.

I have always had this notion in my mind that non-resistance was a state of nothing, a state of just bla.. where theres nothing to be felt, this blocked my understanding of that.

That’s not an accurate notion.