Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: You don't need to 'feel good' about your desire to manifest it?

You don't need to 'feel good' about your desire to manifest it?

I was reading a few old posts in the forum, and i have come to understand this, and please correct me if im wrong, that you don't need momentum to manifest something, you don't need to EVEN feel good to manifest anything,, we are manifesting all the time, 24/7 so is it true that if our desire is just that,, a desire, with no contradiction from us, it has to manifest? So we just have to reach a state of non-resistance with a desire,idea,thought for it to come into existence?

As a side note, once we reach a state of non-resistance about a desire the momentum will build all on its own, its nothing for us to be concerned about?

Following . Excellent t question and although I can't answer that I feel like you are correct in your assumptions ...I've manifested things during bad times in my life

Quote Originally Posted by cookthechef View Post
    I was reading a few old posts in the forum, and i have come to understand this, and please correct me if im wrong, that you don't need momentum to manifest something, you don't need to EVEN feel good to manifest anything,, we are manifesting all the time, 24/7 so is it true that if our desire is just that,, a desire, with no contradiction from us, it has to manifest? So we just have to reach a state of non-resistance with a desire,idea,thought for it to come into existence?

As a side note, once we reach a state of non-resistance about a desire the momentum will build all on its own, its nothing for us to be concerned about?
    Non-resistance = stopping paddling upstream. And EVERYTHING you want is downstream. So, yes.

Good question.....

@tweety Upstream is resistance. Downstream is releasing the resistance.

you don't need momentum to manifest something
    You need non-resistance to manifest something.
    Momentum helps drive the arrival perhaps more quickly, but as long as there is complete non-resistance and you're flowing downstream towards the manifestation, you can get there even if there is only a small amount of momentum.

The way I see it, resistance is like putting the brakes on in the car. Lifting the brakes (=non-resistance) allows you to drive forward towards your goal. You can't get anywhere without lifting the brakes.

Momentum is the "moving forward motion" of the car. The more momentum you have pushing the car forward (like a car going downhill with you needing little extra power), the quicker you get to your goal. You can get to your goal even with little momentum (eg even on a straight road with no hill), as long as the brakes are lifted and there is a small amount of movement forward.

you don't need to EVEN feel good to manifest anything,, we are manifesting all the time, 24/7
    True. All the things in our life are our manifestations; and these manifestations can be feel-good or not. It's a matter of focus, thought, belief and vibration.

You don't have to feel good to manifest something that is on a similar non-feel-good vibrational frequency.
    But to manifest feel-good things, you can only manifest them if you "tune your radio station frequency" to that feel-good frequency where those good things can come to you by the law of attraction. It's possible to be tuned into "feel-good vibrations" on one tiny subject, and feel bad about other subjects, and still manifest feel-good things as long as you're focusing most of your time on the feel-good stuff and strengthening that.

so is it true that if our desire is... a desire, with no contradiction from us, it has to manifest? So we just have to reach a state of non-resistance with a desire,idea,thought for it to come into existence?
    Yes I think this is accurate.
    In addition, there is also the matter of being on the "vibrational frequency" that allows us to be receptive to that feel-good desire coming into manifestational reality.

once we reach a state of non-resistance about a desire the momentum will build all on its own
    Momentum usually builds from wanting something, through thinking about it, through focusing on it.
    Non-resistance allows you to flow towards things you desire.
    Momentum helps drive the flow more powerfully and strongly.

That's my understanding anyway : )

A more accurate way of putting this, at least in my understanding so far, would be that momentum continues to build up through whatever is active in your vibrational focus—whether resistant or non-resistant. (Hence, Abraham’s advice to focus on that which pleases).

But you’re right in that we don’t really have to “do” anything to build the momentum other than simply continue feeling the good feeling that we are feeling (this includes feelings with very little perceived momentum or feelings that feel relatively more neutral, like contentment). What I am feeling is what is active in my vibration, and Law of Attraction continues to respond to it. Often, there are what I call “tipping points,” only they feel more like “sweep-up” points, where it feels as if Law of Attraction has swept me up into faster moving energies of the same underlying structure without my really having done anything other than continuing to feel whatever I’m feeling in the moment!

A recent example of this in my experience was with warmth-delight. I wanted to experience the feeling of delight. But as I thought about the word delight itself, I could feel that it was a bit of a stretch for me to start feeling it right away. Or in vibrational terms, I wasn’t exactly near the vibrational vicinity of the frequency of “delight.” Instead, the word “warmth” came to me, and as I thought of the warmth I felt as I put on snuggly socks, and then the warmth of happiness, and feeling cozy, within a couple of minutes, I started feeling delight blossom up within me. “Warmth” was the hook for delight. Relax-easy is another such word-pair for me, it’s easy to get into “easy” through “relax.” Kind of like one of the words has a well-worn groove which is easy to slip into, and as I inhabit that, LoA does the rest of the work.

Apart from getting inside the guts of the feeling (so to say!), you CAN also goose-up your momentum on specific topics by thinking of the details, if you’re so inspired! I generally have a few things that I try to be aware of when I do this:

a) am I doing this for fun or trying to make something happen (I usually abandon my attempt if it’s the latter)
    b) are the details simply flowing in, one on top of the other, or am I having to pull them into place? (abandon if it’s the latter)

I’ve noticed that the juice kind of runs out (so far!) after about a minute or so of such intense and specific focusing. I also like being finely attuned to how I’m feeling in the midst of goosing-up-the-momentum exercise because it’s easy to overlook the resistance that can creep up while attempting to do this. However, when done “right,” it can be tremendously fun, and immensely satisfying! I’m still figuring my way around this!

Correct. You could find a place of non-resistance (ie meditation or feeling good about any other subject) and never think about your desire again and in the absence of resistance, your desire will manifest. But here's where people get tripped up -- they reactivate the subject by asking "Where is it?" If you're going to think about your desire, then you do have to find a way to feel better about it.
    Correct, that's because your IB is always calling you forward towards it, which is why not keeping up with your expansion feels bad. If your IB wasn't constantly calling you toward it, not moving toward it wouldn't feel bad.

As the LoA Man points out, everything you want is downstream.

You don't even need to have no resistance in your subject for things to begin to happen: they begin right away, they are just more subtle so you need to pay attention to notice them. As you notice them, this will obviously build more momentum to that. It's actually really awesome to witness, it feels like the universe is talking to you and sending you little bread-crumbs to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by rose essence View Post
    You don't even need to have no resistance in your subject for things to begin to happen: they begin right away,...
    Let's say this more accurately: When you Ask, it is Given--In that very moment. It is DONE! DONE! That's the "subtle" that you go on to talk about. All the co-operative components have been assembled. It's DONE! The only co-operative component that's holding out is "you."

When we look where it's not done or we take score of how it isn't yet, we're not being that co-operative component. We're holding ourselves apart from the creation that is ours, that is DONE, that our IB is already enjoying.