Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You don't need to 'feel good' about your desire to manifest it?

Is being lost in my thoughts be a form of resistance to life flow?
    What about being conscious of my thoughts? Can that be a form of resistance as well?
    Last edited by Lunchbox; 01-12-2017 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchbox View Post
    Is being lost in my thoughts be a form of resistance to life flow?
    What about being conscious of my thoughts? Can that be a form of resistance as well?
    It depends what the thoughts are. Whether you're conscious of your thoughts or not, it doesn't matter: both thoughts that you're aware of, and thoughts you're not aware of, can cause resistance if they are resistant thoughts.

Resistant thoughts are any thoughts that resist something in your flow.
    eg It looks like a sunny day today BUT the forcast said it would rain (=resisting a sunny day throughout)
    eg I want to fulfill this desire BUT what are the chances of that? It'll never happen..
    eg Wow just found a lucky penny! Must be my lucky day! I bet something bad happens now to cancel it out (=resisting your day being good)
    eg Mary is being so pleasant today.. She isn't normally this pleasant.. I bet it's just a matter of time before she says something unpleasant as usual.. (=resisting Mary being pleasant)

Very interesting, spiritualcookie.

Quote Originally Posted by spiritualcookie View Post
    It depends what the thoughts are. Whether you're conscious of your thoughts or not, it doesn't matter: both thoughts that you're aware of, and thoughts you're not aware of, can cause resistance if they are resistant thoughts.

Resistant thoughts are any thoughts that resist something in your flow.
    eg It looks like a sunny day today BUT the forcast said it would rain (=resisting a sunny day throughout)

I can see how second part of the sentence explains how we create resistance to whatever event is unfolding at the moment -- how we self-sabotage life's flow!

Also, the first part of you sentence explaining free-resistance thoughts is not necessary as well if you think about it. A sunny day is going to be sunny regardless of you mental commentary about it, whether it is resistance free or not.

uhm.

A sunny day is going to be sunny regardless of you mental commentary about it, whether it is resistance free or not.
    You'd be surprised!

You are a *creator*.
    A creator of your reality (which includes the weather in your reality).
    You can create anything and everything.
    Even a sunny day, or a rainy day.

Your mental commentary and your state of resistance has more power than you think.

- - -

(And I say this, not in theory, but from personally observing this actually working in practice. Like, wanting to go out, seeing it was raining, pre-paving & aligning with it being dry by the time I step out the door - and then so it was. And this has happened many times to me at this point, after practicing Abraham's teachings for several years.

There is also a famous Abraham story about how Esther wanted it to rain after a long while when it didn't, and how she aligned with rain coming, and almost immediately after she aligned, so it did.)
    Last edited by spiritualcookie; 01-13-2017 at 09:28 AM.

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Oh, SOO agreed, spiritualcookie!

I´m making my weather all the time, too.

Here is the story about Esther and the rain (she created a very narrow rainstorm just over their property):

(Esther said) "Abraham, I want some rain. I want some rain."
    And we said, Why?

And Esther said, "Because the trees are clearly thirsty
    and the grass is really brown
    and the earth is hard and cracked.
    It really needs relief."

And we said, Well now you've explained to us why you don't want it not to rain
    but you haven't explained to us why you want the rain.

And Esther said, "Well, I want the rain because it's so refreshing.
    I want the rain because of the way it smells and feels.
    I want the rain because I want the feeling of it in the air.
    I want the relief of it on the trees.
    I want it on the ground.
    I want the rain because it is so delicious when it rains."

And then it began to rain.
    Then it began to rain.
    Not 5 minutes later.
    Not 10 minutes later.
    Then it began to rain from what seemed like a clear blue sky.
    It seemed impossible but it was raining. It was raining.
    It was clearly raining."

Seattle, Aug. 2012

that's the exact story I was thinking of - thanks POE!

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    so my pleasure!

Quote Originally Posted by spiritualcookie View Post
    You'd be surprised!

You are a *creator*.
    A creator of your reality (which includes the weather in your reality).
    You can create anything and everything.
    Even a sunny day, or a rainy day.

Your mental commentary and your state of resistance has more power than you think.
    Fair enough.

You gave this example of resistance: "It looks like a sunny day today BUT the forcast said it would rain (=resisting a sunny day throughout)"
    however, according to PoE's post about abraham manifesting a raining day, I assume the following sentence will be resistance free :

" It looks like a sunny day today BUT i want the rain because it's so refreshing. "

That to me still feels like resistance. To me it feels like it comes from a state of wanting ( and LOA will bring you more of the same - wanting!)

Lots of contradicting statements being trowing around here in this discussion.

Fair enough.

You gave this example of resistance: "It looks like a sunny day today BUT the forcast said it would rain (=resisting a sunny day throughout)"
    however, according to PoE's post about abraham manifesting a raining day, I assume the following sentence will be resistance free :

" It looks like a sunny day today BUT i want the rain because it's so refreshing. "

That to me still feels like resistance. To me it feels like it comes from a state of wanting ( and LOA will bring you more of the same - wanting!)

Lots of contradicting statements being trowing around here in this discussion.
    It is not the formation of words that creates. It is the vibration/focus/thought behind it, which is indicated to you by the way you feel. The same words may mean different things to you and to Esther. What matters is the way it feels. You create with your vibration, by what you "mean".

I think it's best to start this discussion with clarification of what resistance actually is. When Esther finds the word “resistance” for Abraham, she and they mean any thought which runs counter to your desire. So, your grey thought above would only be “resistance” if the thinker of that thought wanted a sunny day. In that case, a more accurate phrasing of that thought might really be:

“Even though I can see it's sunny out right now [aligned with the desire], I have just observed the forecast and I have an expectation that the forecast will manifest [in opposition to the desire].”

In the fuller story from which that quote was extracted, Esther's desire was for for it to rain. She resisted the rain that she wanted when she focused on the manifested drought conditions which prompted her desire. She even resisted the rain that she wanted when she talked to Abraham about why she didn't want the drought. It was only until she was able to focus purely (AKA “without resistance”) on the rain that she wanted that she was able to allow the rain that she wanted, which is Step 3 of the Creative Process.

And that, too, was Esther's experience. When she first started to “work” on the drought, her “work” was primarily, initially, focused on why she didn't want the drought. Abraham pointed out that she was focusing on what she didn't want, when they wanted her to focus on what she did want.

When she was able to focus purely on the rain that she wanted and why she wanted it, she released enough of her resistance so that she allowed her very localized, drought-relieving storm.