Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Stuck in a Rut

  1. #1

    Cool Stuck in a Rut

    Hello Everyone!
    I am new to the Abraham Hicks forum and I am somewhat new to the Abraham Hicks teachings. Before I launch into my question, I wanted to give you a bit of background. My name is Bernadette and I've been suffering from panic and anxiety attacks for most of my life. I cannot exactly recall when they started but when I have them, they can be frustrating.

    Last year, I picked up my life and moved from one state to another to start a job. The job was great but ended up not being a good fit for me. Now, I would like to move back to where I came from and I've already manifested a wonderful phone interview with a company I am excited about (and doing something that I love).

    I want to preface upcoming paragraph by stating that I have a history of having issues at work. It's like in one way or another, I seem to magnetize one situation or another. This is something I want to change as well!

    Last month, I was called in by the department administrator because one of the doctors I support presented him with a list of everything I did wrong. She didn't work with me. She was frustrated with my work performance and that I made a few blunders. I honestly felt betrayed and stabbed in the back. Another co-worker (a friend of her's) also offered her opinion to the department administrator. This is a position I've never really been in before and I really don't want to lose my job. While this is far from a good fit for me, I've never been fired from a job or told that I've had poor work performance. Now, I feel nothing but the unfairness of it. I get anxiety when I think of work and find myself obsessing over this all the time. It's absolutely silly.

    I'm trying to tell a new story. Last week I was able to feel better and to improve my relationship with that doctor but I went upstream again. It seems that my doctor is going to be given to another administrative assistant which is a relief but also oddly upsetting. I suppose I feel bad that I let her down.

    So, as I stated above, I am attempting to turn it around. But I feel right as I get into a better feeling place about it, it spirals out of control. The feelings of fear, anxiety, and powerlessness reappear once more. I could really use some advice. I want to turn my current work experience around and to leave this company on a good note. Any and all advice is welcome!

    Thank you!

  2. #2
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    14,405
    Welcome to the Forum, DQ!

    Quote Originally Posted by DownstreamQueen View Post
    I am new to the Abraham Hicks forum and I am somewhat new to the Abraham Hicks teachings. Before I launch into my question, I wanted to give you a bit of background. My name is Bernadette and I've been suffering from panic and anxiety attacks for most of my life. I cannot exactly recall when they started but when I have them, they can be frustrating.

    Let’s start here. I know you’re new to the teachings, but do you know what Abraham teach us about our emotions: how they happen, why they happen and what use they serve? And to be clear I’m not talking about your attacks (although the answers are the same for them). I’m asking about your “frustrating.”

    If you don’t know the answers to those questions, I would strongly suggest that you find a copy of an Abraham book, such as AAIIG* or APOE, and give it a careful and thorough read. That reading will give you a solid foundation of understanding for the answers you’ll attract here. Without that foundation, our answers may add rather than dispel your confusion.

    Quote Originally Posted by DownstreamQueen View Post
    Last year, I picked up my life and moved from one state to another to start a job. The job was great but ended up not being a good fit for me. Now, I would like to move back to where I came from and I've already manifested a wonderful phone interview with a company I am excited about (and doing something that I love).
    Quote Originally Posted by DownstreamQueen View Post


    I want to preface upcoming paragraph by stating that I have a history of having issues at work. It's like in one way or another, I seem to magnetize one situation or another. This is something I want to change as well!

    Further down in your post, you talk about telling a new story. That’s a Process which I personally enjoy myself. Before we go on any further, how about you give it a shot here.

    Because every waking moment of every day, you are creating your reality. You create your reality with your thoughts. As Abraham say, “you get what you think about, whether you want it or not.” So, this passage here was part of you creating your own reality.

    How can you tell this same story so that it still seems true to you yet feels better? That’s what the Tell a New Story Process is all about. Give it a whirl here.

    After all, you’ll soon be packing up your stuff to bring with you. Is this a story that you wish to pack up and bring with you?

    Quote Originally Posted by DownstreamQueen View Post
    Last month, I was called in by the department administrator because one of the doctors I support presented him with a list of everything I did wrong. She didn't work with me. She was frustrated with my work performance and that I made a few blunders. I honestly felt betrayed and stabbed in the back. Another co-worker (a friend of her's) also offered her opinion to the department administrator. This is a position I've never really been in before and I really don't want to lose my job. While this is far from a good fit for me, I've never been fired from a job or told that I've had poor work performance. Now, I feel nothing but the unfairness of it. I get anxiety when I think of work and find myself obsessing over this all the time. It's absolutely silly.

    Does your labelling of yourself as being “absolutely silly” help you soothe yourself or get in your way?

    We talk a lot about “soothing” here on the Forum. I personally like that word because I think it captures the essence of what Abraham ask us to do. So, how can you soothe this passage? What would you tell a friend who came to you with this story in order to help them feel better? (I sincerely doubt you would tell them they were being “absolutely silly.”)

    Quote Originally Posted by DownstreamQueen View Post
    I'm trying to tell a new story. Last week I was able to feel better and to improve my relationship with that doctor but I went upstream again.

    This is a common pitfall so let’s talk about it some.

    It’s common, when we learn this material, to start to do our “work” but then look to our conditions to see how we’re doing. And that makes so much sense because, before we learned about these teachings, almost everyone one of us offered our vibration in response to what we’re observing.

    But when we’re doing our “work,” Abraham want us to pay attention to how we feel to see how we’re doing, not the conditions--such as your relationship with this one or that one.

    Now, you’ve made this somewhat easier on yourself, and I’ll discuss that next….

    Quote Originally Posted by DownstreamQueen View Post
    It seems that my doctor is going to be given to another administrative assistant which is a relief but also oddly upsetting. I suppose I feel bad that I let her down.

    When you read your book, you’ll discover that Abraham always encourage us to place our relationship with our IB first and foremost. We do that by finding thoughts which feel better.

    Now that your relationship with that doctor is no longer upfront in your mind, you can now shift your focus and now focus on your relationship with your IB. One nice thing about this is that there is no “guessing” involved. You always have real-time, discernible feedback about how your relationship with your IB is going. Another nice thing about this is that your IB is never going to write you up, report you or even label you “silly.”

    Quote Originally Posted by DownstreamQueen View Post
    So, as I stated above, I am attempting to turn it around. But I feel right as I get into a better feeling place about it, it spirals out of control.

    First off, I have to ask you: is it truly spiraling out of control? Because to this Peanut in the Gallery, it sounds like this situation solved itself through a crack of your least resistance, just like Abraham said it will.
    As you’re learning here, it’s not the conditions which create how you feel. It’s your thoughts which you think and your stories which you tell which create how you feel.

    That’s actually good news because you can’t control your conditions (as you’ve been trying to do) but you can learn to master your thoughts and your stories so that you can feel better.


    *You can find a translation of the acronyms and abbreviations that we commonly use here on the Forum in our Glossary.

    Last edited by WellBeing; 02-09-2017 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Fixed broken link.

  3. #3
    Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Elfengarten, Germany
    Posts
    65,548
    Welcome!
    This quotes might be helpful to you!


    "feeling stuck"

    Fear and Courage


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •