Thread: Meditating with pain

Meditating with pain

So I get this ache in my chest from resistance. Meditation just seems so appealing to me and I want to be able to own it. I have tried it a few times but haven´t really gotten into the flow I seek. I feel like the ache kind of distracts me a bit. I have mostly made peace with pain (it doesn´t worry me) but I feel like I still shouldn´t be thinking about it during meditation to keep it neutral.

Has anyone had success meditating with pain? Maybe I just need some more practice.

You can give it attention, just don't formulate any judgment, then it's just no different than meditating on bubbles
    initially this may make you perceive the pain more intensely, but then it makes it go away!
    just stay relaxed and downstream, and pay attention not to want it gone, because wanting it gone makes it stay

Quote Originally Posted by MariaMaria View Post
    So I get this ache in my chest from resistance. Meditation just seems so appealing to me and I want to be able to own it. I have tried it a few times but haven´t really gotten into the flow I seek.

When you were learning to walk, did you just one day haul yourself up from crawling, run out the door to join a passing marathon and walk/run forever more? No, of course, you didn’t. It was a learning process, where you learned and practiced a variety of skills and control in order to stably and consistently be able to walk.

It’s the same thing with every other skill that you’ve learned, so doesn’t your logic tell you that it would be the same thing for this skill that you’re telling us that you want to learn.

I feel like the ache kind of distracts me a bit.

There are lots of things that have the potential to “distract” us in meditation. Isn’t that the point of meditation? To learn how to focus ourselves away from the things which we allow to distract ourselves.

Abraham teach us that every subject is really two subjects, like a stick with two ends: the Wanted/Having-of-It end and the Unwanted/Lack-or-Absence end. Even the “stick” of your ache has these two ends. Can you start to focus away from your Unwanted/Lack-or-Absence end and to reach for and move towards your Wanted/Having-of-It end of this stick?

I have mostly made peace with pain (it doesn´t worry me)...

Your whole post is your indicator that you haven’t yet made peace with your pain. Otherwise, you wouldn’t be opening a thread about it nor would it be distracting you at all. That’s not a criticism. It’s just that you now know that you’re saying the words but your vibration is something different than your words. The thing is the LoA doesn’t hear our words; it responds to our vibration, as you’re telling us. So, now you know that you have more “work” to do so that you can truly make peace with your manifestation. How will you do that?

...but I feel like I still shouldn´t be thinking about it during meditation to keep it neutral.

Now that you know what you don’t want, you know more clearly on what you do want. What is it that you do want? In your meditation, do you ever accomplish what you do want? How about focusing upon, taking score of, and talking about how you accomplish what you do want?

Because the LoA brings to us more of what we focus upon.

Has anyone had success meditating with pain? Maybe I just need some more practice.

Sounds like it to me.