Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Inspiration Vs motivation

So would you say that all manifestations of desires always come from a place of inspiration?

I don't quite understand the question...

Quote Originally Posted by cookthechef View Post
    So would you say that all manifestations of desires always come from a place of inspiration?
    I think manifestations of desires come from alignment with better-feeling levels on the EGS (even if the alignment is due to a completely unrelated subject than the desire that is being manifested). I think it's more to do with being on the general energetic, vibrational radio frequency of the manifestation rather than it being due to "inspiration" necessarily.

So it's possible to have a manifestation of a desire, where it just flows to you - you rendez vous with it - even without following a direct inspired action on that exact subject. You may be inspired to be in the right place at the right time for that manifestation to take place though.

Other times, yes, a desire can manifest through following inspiration, inspired ideas & inspired action.
    Last edited by spiritualcookie; 01-11-2017 at 03:56 PM.

Super Moderator Hands in the Clay's Avatar
    I wouldn't say that at all, and it seems you have this perception that a person has to be standing on the mountaintop of pure, radiant alignment for ages and ages, like staying on tiptoe for a month, to get what they desire, which flies in the face of all the notions of "next logical steps" and "paths of least resistance" that Abe teach us. You can have good, positive manifestations just by feeling LESS BAD, again and again, reaching for relief, relief, relief, paying attention to how you feel and tweaking it, without having spent X years in walk-on-water alignment. You asked, the Universe answered, and you allow. And the Universe is knocking at your door to get it to you! Timespace is a growth medium, and positive thought is the fertilizer! You allow by getting out of the way, using techniques to release resistance, or distracting yourself, in whatever serves as an effective combination.

Really, as LoA Man has said, it's really not this hard, not this complicated. Feel better than you just did. That's it. Or, in Abe's words, "We're making too much of all of this" and "Get happy, in any way you can."

Thank you for the responses i realize im now back tracking with that last question. Need time to think this whole idea over, never quite felt as good and deliberately "inspired" as i ever did recently.

Well then follow your guidance, trust the direction it calls you to. And if you wanna call it inspiration, call it like that!

Need time to think this whole idea over, never quite felt as good and deliberately "inspired" as i ever did recently.
    Rather than "thinking this over," why not use your emotional guidance system and feel which thought feels better?:

• The inspiration that I felt and how I came to allow my inspiration and wondering how I can allow more of that inspiration for me OR
    • This academic thought which is twirling you up into knots

Then focus accordingly.

Cookthechef, the best (and quickest) way to master this is to JUST START. Just start, on trust, with some I'm-letting-go faith in the system and the generations of folks who have "proven" how well this all works, without having a list of "must accomplish" items. Keep your mouth shut about what you're doing (with your entourage), don't invite speculation or input, and just do it.

Just start applying the Teachings all the time, to all things in your life, to feel slightly better and better about all things. When it's good, milk it. When it's off, apply one of the feel-better tools. When you fantasize, get in, feel good, get out, and don't fantasize to FIX things (and don't try to fix things in your fantasy), fantasize because the fantasy is fun and you can attain a solid, satisfying "I'm there" feeling from it, without feeling depressed at your current conditions when you come out. Practice "happy where I am and eager for more" (for me, one good way to attain that first attitude of "happy where I am" is to look back on pieces of my life that weren't as good as they are now, and that triggers automatic appreciation that I can milk). That is the ultimate stance, which means letting go of yearning, flipping it to fun fantasy, and then going out of your way to appreciate many details of your life as it is now.

Just START, do it for a month or two or three, celebrate the small shifts in neighbors' smiles, butterflies, improved conversations, better haircuts, better gas mileage, more energy. Just let the natural laws work for you, without trying to manhandle them or explain them. You've learned to work with gravity, you can learn to work with LoA just as naturally!

There are many folks who were skeptical, tied themselves in knots in initial analysis (I myself spent a fair amount of time arguing with Abe in my mind about premises we had to accept for their "philosophy" to work), then just let go, decided to trust, followed the instructions....and BAM! Once you have a manifestation or two (not even a windfall - it can be having your ass saved from a sticky situation that you couldn't imagine a way out of... just something that you can identify as a desire that manifests in a way that feels "arranged" - like coming across an obscure kind of honey you just decided yesterday that you wanted, and now see "coincidentally" as you're wandering the store aisles in search of something else), your questioning will end and you'll just be hungry to keep practicing!

I see nothing wrong in cookthechef's desire to define things very clearly to herself. I resonate with that. I like being accurate and I like thinking. It is often difficult to share our insights because words don't quite convey the full of dimension of them. So for ex. I don't quite understand her description in the OP. I have found her threads/questions so far meaningful and perceptive.

Quote Originally Posted by rose essence View Post
    I see nothing wrong in cookthechef's desire to define things very clearly to herself. I resonate with that. I like being accurate and I like thinking. It is often difficult to share our insights because words don't quite convey the full of dimension of them. So for ex. I don't quite understand her description in the OP. I have found her threads/questions so far meaningful and perceptive.
    Perhaps you are not accustomed to my more direct, energized style, RE, being still rather new here, but my post wasn't a criticism at all (same with the last post of mine you commented on, taking it as a criticism of you); it was a recommendation, after many years here and seeing hundreds come and go, that the best way to get a handle on the Teachings is through application. "Words don't teach." CTC is eager to learn, and hands-on experimentation and one's own Inner Being are always the best teachers!