Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Inspiration Vs motivation

Inspiration Vs motivation

I have found a way that if i focus on my desire, 'in a certain way' sometimes,, just by not contradicting it with negative thoughts it starts to feel possible, it starts to feel really good even though there is no actual signs of anything in reality happening. I have gotten a few nice things happen after doing this, but now heres the thing i would call this motivation according to my meaning of the word but would this be classed as finding inspiration by Abraham?

Its sort of just a feeling of possibility i can muster up, just by a light bit of focus on my desire, on the "having" end of the stick, i noticed myself feeling, "ready for it" or the only other way i can really put this hence my thread "motivated for my desire" it feels nice.

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Inspiration really is the natural momentum that LoA provides.
    Iow, Inspiration is the momentum of what´s in the Vortex,
    being ALLOWED by you!

Motivation is "I see something that I want, and from my
    lackful place of knowing that I am not there, I´m trying to get
    myself moving in the direction of what I want."

But inspiration is from the inside, out!
    Inspiration is the source within you, aware of what you´ve put ITV,
    holding a vibration of it with such consistency, that when you get
    into the vicinity of it, LoA is gonna bring you to it, and it to you!

from the clip
    Abraham Hicks ~ Inspiration vs Motivation

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cookthechef View Post
    (...) it starts to feel possible, it starts to feel really good

(...) I have gotten a few nice things happen after doing this

(...) Its sort of just a feeling of possibility i can muster up, just by a light bit of focus on my desire, on the "having" end of the stick, i noticed myself feeling, "ready for it"

(...) it feels nice.
    You feeeeling good (or at least relief) is the indicator that you are following inspiration!

Whatever you're drawn to do is inspiration, always. Motivation is inspiration too.

Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post
    being ALLOWED by you!

from the clip
    so clear - wonderful! : ) Thanks for sharing this fantastic quote dear Elke

- - -

cookthechef, it sounds to me like perhaps you have your own personal meaning of "motivation" which feels good to you. Perhaps, as long as it feels good, (even if your definition is different from Abe's) you're on the right track : ) The "correct" label doesn't matter as much as the feel-good-ness of the feeling.

It sounds like your feeling of being "ready for it" may - in Abe language - be interpreted as you "aligning with it". "Aligning with my desire"

Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post
    being ALLOWED by you!

from the clip

I respect that Abraham wanted to drive home a certain differentiation here, because they always talk within a context.
    But I am really dropping all these dualities right now (which I was a BIG FAN of just up to yesterday), because really everything is IT.

So let's take motivation: I see something I want and from the lackful place of knowing that I'm not there, I am trying to get myself moving in the direction of what I want. And I do that because I really really care for it, and I really really care for myself, and if I just see that my motivation is there because I care, that caring is the reason of my motivation being what it is, then no, I am not moving from lack, I am actually moving from love. And the more I see that it's love operating here, the more the trust resurfaces, because I know in my guts that love has power, it's an in-built knowing, we all have it and always had it.

So outside-in or inside-out doesn't matter, at all! everything that I am drawn to come from love, everything always.

We ARE love no matter what we do, we can't literally fall out of it. We can't literally get it wrong. And there is literally nothing to change other than the perception of what's already there. That's just like when Abraham say that we can't possibly not be on our POLR.
    So then you wanna make it a pleasant journey as opposed to hard? notice the love that's there already, just lean on it. No change is needed, at any level. Nothing to do but acknowledge what's already there.

Quote Originally Posted by rose essence View Post
    So let's take motivation: I see something I want and from the lackful place of knowing that I'm not there, I am trying to get myself moving in the direction of what I want. And I do that because I really really care for it, and I really really care for myself, and if I just see that my motivation is there because I care, that caring is the reason of my motivation being what it is, then no, I am not moving from lack, I am actually moving from love.
    Everything we ever want is because we think we'll feel better in the having of it.
    And we want to feel better because we love and care for ourselves enough to want us to feel good.
    But this love and care can co-exist with lackful thinking.
    "I want it.. I deserve good things.. I love myself. but I don't have it and I want it and I'm motivated to get it.."

As long as you are wanting something, and thinking that you don't have it but want it - it doesn't matter that you want it out of love and self-care, the active energy is "I want it because I care and love myself BUT I don't have it" - so you still can't get there from there.

Quote Originally Posted by rose essence View Post
    So then you wanna make it a pleasant journey? notice the love that's there already. Nothing further to do.
    Agreed, if you just focus on the love that's already there (and are not focused on the "I don't yet have it" side of the stick) - that appears to be the key towards manifestion and all good things.

It may initially co-exist with lackful thinking but if you're drawn to it it's love-driven by definition, and if you recognize that love and lean to it, then it's good to go. I don't even think you need necessarily to focus on that, because once you've seen it, you've seen it. Anyway your guidance tells you if you need to deliberately focus or not.

Quote Originally Posted by spiritualcookie View Post
    As long as you are wanting something, and thinking that you don't have it but want it - it doesn't matter that you want it out of love and self-care, the active energy is "I want it because I care and love myself BUT I don't have it" - so you still can't get there from there.
    The energy of love is way stronger than any other energy, so if it's present together with the resistance, it will inevitably dissolve it. But it has to be acknowledged.

I mean this can also be understood in a 'whatever story you tell is the story you get' logic.
    And if it's easier for you to turn things around, and let go of proceeding by way of motivation and instead begin proceeding by way of inspiration, great! especially if that's the pathway you're drawn to, it cant' be wrong.

It's just NOT NECESSARY because once again the only thing that's necessary to change is the perception of whatever content we're dealing with. Which is great news because usually it's way easier to change perception than to change behavior. Changing perception is done in a minute or two!