Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829
Results 281 to 287 of 287

Thread: The work, make progress in my emotions using Emotional Guidance System - step by step

  1. #281
    Klassik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    242
    Thought: "I don't know what I exactly should do with my business. What should I offer, and, is it enough so that people would want it and give me money for it? How should I make money with it, when there are thousands of the same kind businesses out there and with people who are much more talented (like put way more hours in their craft) in the things I would wanted to offer?"


    Process New Story: I have some things in mind I could offer. I know there are people with waaaayyyy more experience and much deeper knowledge in those crafts, but I have the advantage of Alignment on my side. It's true, there are thousands, even hundrets of thousands of those kinds of business out there alone in this country. But this is not a competitive environment, this is an vibrational environment. How often do I have seen businesses with no way of knowing that this even exist, but it still has massive amounts of work? And then there are businesses who have their own places, their own webpages, making ads online but don't get as much as some people who aren't doing anything of that? So it's totally about vibration and attraction. (better)

    I have no idea what do offer specifically, but maybe this isn't my job to know that. And I then don't know how to make money out of it. And that, too, isn't my job either. I know, that I want a cozy workplace, I know, that I want to feel that there is always a stream of money and good things coming in, and that I don't have to think about it ever again, and that I can concentrate totally on the craft and on creating things. I like the image of meeting people who wants something from me and that we talk over this at some café or restaurant and that I then go back to my place and just let the craft, let the things I want to create flow out of me. I like the feeling of getting up in the morning and feeling energized to do the things I love, and to put hours of highest inspiration into this craft, like a painter, and to have all the time to finish the thing, because the client wants a great work and knows that this takes concentrated time and that it will come and that it will please him a lot. (better)
    "

  2. #282
    Klassik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    242
    I got up late this day, and I would still lay in bed probably when I didn't come up with things I liked YESTERDAY. Took me some time to even get to thinking about thinking baout good things yesterday:
    1. I changed my battery in my mouse, now it's much more pleasant to use the mouse
    2. I went to sport and had a good feeling in my training
    3. I saw a lot of hot women there, even two of the "top 5%" women there (body wise; and you can tell by the way they "are" that they are more in Alignment than others). I didn't freaked out as much as possible, because the Meditation and Feeling Place earlier calmed that down a bit. Had still some heavy Momentum but it wasn't THAT hard
    4. I found the reason of the nauseous smell in my kitchen and removed it. Yay!
    5. I didn't made that much out of the not nice behaviour of the cashier.
    6. I waked up that's a good thing.
    7. My computer turns on for over a year and is working super fine. I can really rely on it.

  3. #283
    Klassik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    242
    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    I'm not understanding what you're asking me here. Give me more, please.
    So when do you go into action, do you work on your vibration until the actions is SUPER obvious like "I have the idea and it's PUSHING me do to this to improve my business (so you don't "pick" some action)
    or do you "pick" some action like "I will now improve this (specific) in my business."

    I come up with this question up now because I worked now on my Vibration, did Meditation, did the New Story and it really feels better.
    Now, I am not yet in some job position where I just could go on with my job tasks after I've done something to feel better so I am left feeling better.

    I think my job right now (and the answer my that question) is to feel better until I don't ask myself for "and now? what can I do now?" So more processes.

  4. #284
    Klassik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    242
    My parents, especially my mother and her friends ask me all the time that I finally show them my girlfriend (because they think I have one). My head gets big and red when they ask and I don't have a answer so I remain quiet. The relationship is on its way, so sooner or later they will see it (feels better than "I don't have one"). But that asking for her name or to show them makes me feel uncomfortble.
    1. It doesn't bother me that they ask and ask, but that I can't answer them and that I don't want so say that I don't have one. They even get angry for not telling them.
    2. Sure, vibrationally, it is done. I know it but they don't see it.
    3. It is not my job to please them, it's their own job to be in alignment.
    4. It actually flatters me that they insist that I have one (but don't won't to show them).
    5. So I am, for some people, someone who could be in a relationship with a women.
    6. I don't have do give account to anyone (is that right translated, hm).
    7. It will be interesting to see their faces when I finally have someone.
    8. <Out of thoughts>

    So my approach is: Find a thought with this that feels (a) better and (b) still seems true (you suggested that). Is there sth. I am missing that this often don't give more BFTs? I am not sure, maybe it's. I don't know.

  5. #285
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    What do you think about the term "Comfort Zone"?
    (I wasn't sure if this was part of your “work" or an actual question for me.)

    If I were to translate the phrase “comfort zone” into Abraham terminology, I would say “vibrational set point” or “practiced habit(s) of vibration” (which is the same thing). It's our practiced thoughts and stories which make our “comfort zone” familiar. (It really should be called the “familiar zone.”) If we practice our thoughts and stories consistently enough and for long enough, then we manifest circumstances which reflect our thoughts and stories and in which we can practice actions of conversation and of behaving.

    There are people who advocate a strategy of pushing through fear with action. Such a strategy defies the vibrational physics that Abraham are teaching us. And the fact that we call it “pushing through” reminds us of the physics that Abraham are teaching us.

    The reason why Abraham teach us the physics they're teaching us is because when we push through our fear with action, we are actually pushing against ourselves. Sometimes, that can be successful but there’s always a price to be paid in struggle and effort.

    The phrasing of “comfort zone” puts our attention on the “zone” (the environment, circumstances, people, etc.). In directing our attention there, it's easy for us to come to the incorrect and unhelpful conclusion that it's the “zone” which is “making us feel” comfortable or uncomfortable. When we understand that it's ALWAYS our thoughts (and, therefore, our alignment) which make us feel comfortable or uncomfortable. When we remember that and as we get more practiced with holding our alignment, we take back our power, instead of giving our power to this zone or that. We can then show ourselves (because, after all, words don't teach) that it is ALWAYS our thoughts and our alignment which make ourselves feel comfortable or uncomfortable. We can then turn more and more “zones” into comfort zones.

  6. #286
    Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Elfengarten, Germany
    Posts
    69,281
    Originally Posted by Klassik
    What do you think about the term "Comfort Zone"?

    Comfort Zone


    HS asks how the many many advices of other teachers about us,
    needing to leave our comfort-zone, fits in with Abe´s advice
    to only care about feeling good?

    Abe:
    It doesn´t.

    But we know what they are talking about, because contrast
    does give birth to desire.
    (...) Contrast puts components into that Vortex,
    into that vibrational reality, that LoA helps to gather momentum-
    and when you are in the receptive mode,
    than often you receive an idea or a desire or an inspiration,
    or an impulse. SO of course it takes ALL of that, in order to
    give birth to the expansion that you will ALWAYS be about.

    But at some point,
    you have to deliberately and consciously
    CONTOUR the frequency of your being,
    to match your own desire!


    from the clip Abraham Hicks. The discomfort zone & dealing with doubt
    from South Pacific Cruise 2015-10-21



    Pamper yourself more.
    Spoil yourselves rotten.
    Refuse to do the things that aren’t fun.
    But whatever you’re doing, make it fun.


    - Abraham-Hicks



    There are those that say, if you do the uncomfortable thing
    long enough,
    it will become comfortable.
    But we are really not encouragers of that.

    We are encouragers of coming into alignment, and then taking the action.
    We are encouragers always of getting rid of the fear;
    we would never want you to keep doing things that you feel fearful about.
    And maybe the path of least resistance is just not get on the horse.
    Maybe the path of least resistance is to get on a different horse—

    but we would never move forward in fear.


    ---Abraham


    from the collectionAbe about the "comfort zone"


  7. #287
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    About your parents...


    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    1. It doesn't bother me that they ask and ask,...
    I have to question this. Does this statement really seem true to you? It doesn't bother you? Really?

    In a similar vein, we could play with these statements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    2. Sure, vibrationally, it is done. I know it but they don't see it.
    I know you’ve heard Abraham say that. I know you’ve read the books where they say that. But you don’t really Know that, in the way that Abraham mean when they talk about Knowing. You Know that the sun will rise up tomorrow morning. You Know that when you let go of something in your hand, it will fall down instead of up. Compare the feeling of those Knowings to how you feel when you say “know” here. This is another statement which isn’t as true as it could be. (Because, if you Knew this in the way that Abraham means it, you’d be posting very different stories about this topic and your manifestations would be different than what you’re reporting here.) So, you’re using your words to reach farther than the LoA will let you and you don’t feel the relief of that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    3. It is not my job to please them, it's their own job to be in alignment.
    So, this too is accurate from Abraham’s standpoint, but your current Belief about this is very different. (Because if you truly Believed that it wasn’t your job to please them, you wouldn’t continue to tell them something that’s pleasing to them which is contrary to the truth.) So, this is just “blah, blah, blah” to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    Is there sth. I am missing that this often don't give more BFTs? I am not sure, maybe it's. I don't know.

    As you know, when I reach for my own BFTs, I personally am a big fan of starting with the thoughts that I’m already thinking about the issue. I write out all the thoughts that I'm thinking about my issue. Then I go back and soothe and shift each word, phrase and statement as best as I can. When I do that, there's usually no shortage of BFTs.

    To me, what you’ve presented here is only a piece of your current story about this. The other piece that you're leaving out is still active in your vibration. So, it’s acting like a ball and chain on your vibration as you are doing your exercise.

    (BTW, your manifestation here sets us up nicely for that conversation that you want to have about action, so I’ll be coming back to this incident when I get to that question of yours.)

    Now, I don’t know the story you’re actually telling yourself about this situation, so I’m going to talk about a Forum friend named Tom, who is in a similar situation, and put words in his mouth.

    It would be likely that Tom’s story might go something like this:

    My mother asked--again--about my girlfriend. And, again, I continued to let her believe that I have a girlfriend that I don't have. I'm not really lying to her. I'm just letting her come to her own conclusions. It's not lying. I'm simply not correcting her.

    My first thought-- my first, immediate attempt at a BFT is “It doesn't bother me that they ask and ask,” but that's not really true because when they ask (even once) I am reminded that I still don't have the girlfriend that I want and all of that comes flooding back to me. Why don't they just mind their own business and leave me the f*ck alone? And their questions remind me of how I haven't yet been able to shift my vibration on this topic, which pisses me off. And when they ask and ask again, I feel even more pressure on me to have a girlfriend. It reminds me of how long this has been going on and reminds me of the expectations they and everyone else and I have about me having a girlfriend and how not normal I am. It's enough to make a guy want to bury his head under the covers!

    Besides, she'd never understand. I can hear her now. She'd be all light-hearted and loving (because that's who she is) but she'd be, like, “Oh, bubbe, what do you mean ‘you can't talk to girls’? <light laughter> Of course , you can. You're talking to me, sweetie. I'm a girl. I know you don't want to think of your old mother as a girl but I am. And your cousin, Angela. (She says, “Hi,” BTW. She's always asking after you.) The two of you never shut up when you're together. Always laughing and yammering and carrying on when you're together. No one can get a word in edgewise with you two. You've always been like that, you two….”

    Or she'd be, like, wanting to fix the problem, “Ooo, I should tell Fr. Weiss. She has that nice niece who lives by you

    And I'd be, like panicking. Inside my head I'd be screaming, “No, Ma! Don't tell anyone. Don't you understand what a problem this is for me?! (She never listens. Always just wants to jump right into fixing. And I can't tell her about Abraham. She'd really never understand that. Sigh.) I'm embarrassed enough as is that I've told the people on the Forum and they probably don't believe me anyway. I mean, they don't seem to have this problem. How can they help? And now telling my own mother who can't see the problem and can't understand how humiliated and unworthy and despairing this makes me feel.

    She'll tell me it's because I don't “try.” Of course, I try! I try ALL the time. But I panic and think thoughts about how stupid and awkward and unattractive I am and how they could be going with this one or that one, who's got better game than me. And I remember all the times I've “tried” in the past and what disasters they were….


    Again, I have no idea what precisely you might be thinking or telling yourself but I'd be surprised if it's very much different than what I've imagined Tom's story to be. (I mean, perhaps your mom is different from Tom’s mom, but then your thoughts would be similar but include anger or blame because of the hand she has had in how you now are it something.)

    In any event, we have Tom’s story here. Let's start to soothe and shift it [ Grey is Tom’s old story. {I’d use a strike-through format for my own “work,” but the Forum software doesn't permit that formatting.} Black is your new thoughts pulled from this “work.” Green is Tom’s “work.” Orange is my comments of explanation.]:

    My mother asked--again--about my girlfriend.
    So, hang on. Let me check in with my guidance. How do I feel about this? I feel angry at her. Because she won't just leave me alone. And I feel angry at myself. Because I'm lying to my mother, because--after all my “work”--I still cannot talk to women, because I'm awkward and I suck at doing my Abraham stuff. I am jealous-- No, I feel jealous(because Jealousy is on the Scale, so that's my emotional guidance) of the rest of the world who doesn't have to deal with this sh*t. And let's be honest here, I feel really angry at Abraham in general (and that busybody, WB, on the Forum) for selling me this bill of goods.

    OK, then. I didn't need to precisely label where I am on the Scale. But that was pretty clear and not hard to figure out. And it was important that I get myself back in touch with my guidance, because without my guidance, I can't do my “work.” I can't tell whether my new thoughts and new story feels better or worse. And I got some more thoughts to work on. <sarcastically> Great! More WORK. Just what I need. Just what I want. </sarc> Am I never gonna be done with this “work”?! OK, now I can feel that that thought sucks.
    (Huh. That's me using my emotional guidance system during my “work.” Can I give myself a pat on the back, acknowledging that I'm doing what Abe have suggested I do [and what I want to do] in the way that they suggest that I do it? Can I permit myself to feel any amount of satisfaction for doing what I want to do in a way that's new, that's been sort of difficult for me and that's how I understand to be effective? Can I give myself an Abrr point for doing this “right”?)And if I continue on with my “work” from that attitude, then that attitude is going to be another ball and chain weighing me down.

    Abraham tell me that I will not get it done, meaning that there's always more alignment to be had, more vibration to align. Ugh! That just makes me feel tired. I guess that makes me feel tired and discouraged because I'm used to my “work" being struggle and effort for not much relief. And that's understandable because that's been my experience. But I've heard--from Abraham, from the Forum--that struggle and efforting is a sign that I’m turning my “work” into WORK.

    And what's my intention for this bit of “work”? Why am I doing this “work”? Is it to get her to stop ask and asking me? Or is it to find a feeling right now that feels better than my anger (at any of those people on my list)? I know what I’m supposed to say but I really want her to stop asking me. Fair enough. But since she's not asking me, right now, because I'm no longer on the phone with her, can I permit myself, right now, to see if I can feel better about this right now? Can i permit myself to enjoy the relief I can generate for myself right now, even if there's a chance that she might ask me again, even though I managed to generate relief for myself right now?


    [comment from WB: I haven't gotten past the first line of Tom’s old story but already a lot of gorind has been covered, with the potential for a lot of relief to be had by Tom. Let's see where Tom goes next….]

    And, again, I continued to let her believe that I have a girlfriend that I don't have. I'm not really lying to her. I'm just letting her come to her own conclusions. It's not lying. I'm simply not correcting her.OK, maybe I am lying, maybe I’m not. What’s the big deal if I am? I mean, I know WB makes a big deal on the Forum about honesty but I always thought that was pretty moralistic in a discussion about teachings where morality plays no part.[comment from WB: It’s not about “morality.” It’s none of my business whether Tom or anyone else lies and it’s not like this is a commandment from Abraham. “Thou shalt not lie.” They certainly don’t “thou shalt not…” on anyone about anything. It’s about vibration. When we lie, we are telling something that’s different from what we Believe to be “true.” That’s a vibrational gap right there, usually a vibrational quantum leap. That’s why people can tell when we are lying to them and that’s why we feel “funny” (if we’re paying attention) when we lie, to ourselves or to others. Back to Tom….]But if I think back to when this started, I can remember that I felt uncomfortable when she first started asking me. I knew that I couldn't explain to her what was going on, how she wouldn't understand. I was panicking and felt on the spot, so I just didn't correct her. That was the easiest thing available to me then. I suppose it was an action journey. Maybe I want to ask about this on the Forum.

    My first thought-- my first, immediate attempt at a BFT is “It doesn't bother me that they ask and ask,”...Can I give myself some credit for trying to reach for a BFT? That counts. That's something I did on my behalf, something that just wasn't my knee-jerk habitual response. And it was focused towards my Wanted. ...but that's not really true…So, I AM learning. I HAVE BEEN paying attention and it's been sinking in. And I'm adding this other piece into my “work". And that's something I want to do! So, can I give myself some Aber points for that? Or am I going to focus on how I didn't find my BFT? Am I going to stand over myself and shout, “Get up, you little dummy!” Yeah, I can hear Abraham saying, “Don't do that.”
    ...because when they ask (even once) I am reminded that I still don't have the girlfriend that I want and all of that comes flooding back to me.
    Right there! In my own words! Right there! I can see in black-and-white, in my own words, that it's not their asking, which annoys me. It's my thoughts and memories which annoy me. Just like Abraham teach. Right there, in my own life experience, this stuff is operating just the way that Abraham say it operates.

    They really don't have anything to do with my thoughts and memories. It might seem that my discomfort from my thoughts and memories is worse when they ask. But that's because I'm put on the spot and because I feel I have to answer them. I don't have do give account to anyone (is that right translated, hm*). Yeah, that's true...on paper. I mean, I'm an adult and I'm living on my own, so I don't owe them any account or explanation. No one's holding a gun to my head. But my current reality of it is I still feel that I owe my mother an explanation. Now, I suppose I could practice myself into a habit of thought which is closer to that thought I just found for myself. Maybe I'll do that. Maybe I'll do that as part of this “work.” But, as I've just shown myself, it's not my expectation or my telling her which is annoying me. It's my thoughts and memories which are annoying me.


    Why don't they just mind their own business and leave me the f*ck alone? It’s not about them or what they’re doing. I kmow it looked that way. It certainly seemed that way to me. But now I can start to see that it’s not about them. It’s about me and my thoughts and my stories. And, sure, it would be nice if they didn’t keep asking so I wouldn’t always be reminded. But, let’s be honest here, I’m always playing those thoughts and stories in my head anyway. It’s not like they’re the only reason I play those tapes in my head. It just feels easier for me to blame them right now.--

    Hey! Wait a minute! Blame! That’s on the Scale. Lemme check that out. Where is Blame on the Scale? It’s above Powerlessness, which might have been part of my vibration because I couldn’t (still can’t, but I couldn’t) think of any way to get them to stop asking me. And it’s above Despair, which I might have been feeling because I often think that I’ll never have a girlfriend, which could be a story of Despair. It’s above Depression, which is what I’ve been reporting in my last few posts in my Practice thread on the Forum. It’s above Guilt, which I might have felt about lying to them. It’s above Unworthiness, which is probably my vibrational setpoint on the whole girlfriend topic. It’s above Jealousy, Hatred/Rage and Revenge, but I don’t think those have had any role in this piece of this topic. But still, Blame is above those three emotions. It’s above Anger, which is what I’d already identified as where I was with my original story about my manifestation. So, my Blaming them is a vibrational shift from where I had been. And it’s something that I did naturally. It was so natural that I didn’t even--until now--notice that I had made that shift. And it was easy. That’s the word I used for that just now. Look at that. If I just take a little time and am easy with myself, I CAN make my shifts and my shifts are natural and easy.
    And their questions remind me of how I haven't yet been able to shift my vibration on this topic, which pisses me off. Again, it’s about my vibration and my shifts (or not) and not about their questions. And that’s a relief because I don’t know of any way to get my mother from not barging in when she wants to barge in. I’ve had a lot of experience on that topic. (Yeah, probably not the best-feeling story I could tell about her and maybe I’ll want to do some “work” on that story I have about her. I don’t have to do that now. I can do that later, if I decide to.) But, in any case, it’s not about her and what she does or doesn’t do. It’s about my thoughts and story about girls. So, that’s the “work” that I want to be doing, so that I can feel better now, no matter what my mother is asking, no matter whether I have a girlfriend or not.

    And she’s just my vibrational indicator. She’s a manifestation which matches my vibration on this whole topic. So, if this is my only issue with her, then it makes sense that, as I tend to my own personal alignment on this issue, I’ll be attracting from her different questions and be having different conversations with her.
    And when they ask and ask again, I feel even more pressure on me to have a girlfriend. Where’s that “pressure” coming from? Is anyone holding a gun to my head? Or is it just the inevitable response to the activation of my vibrational momentum that I already have going on? Isn’t this just a louder, more urgent demand I’m making on myself? Isn’t this If it’s my own thoughts like that (and it really is), then it sort of makes sense that as I shift my momentum, then my “pressure” would eventually subside at the same time. It reminds me of how long this has been going on and reminds me of the expectations they and everyone else and I have about me having a girlfriend and how not normal I am. OK, those are just more thoughts that I’m thinking about this topic, just different aspects of this topic. I already know about those. I guess they are having attraction power since I keep attracting this conversation from my mother.It's enough to make a guy want to bury his head under the covers!I know I don’t like how much time I have been spending with the covers over my head, but I’m glad that that’s an Abraham-approved technique for dealing with vibrational misalignment. So, this is another piece of evidence that things operate the way that Abraham teach us they do. That’s good to know.

    Besides, she'd never understand. I can hear her now. She'd be all light-hearted and loving (because that's who she is) but she'd be, like, “Oh, bubbe, what do you mean ‘you can't talk to girls’? <light laughter> Of course , you can. You're talking to me, sweetie. I'm a girl. I know you don't want to think of your old mother as a girl but I am. And your cousin, Angela. (She says, “Hi,” BTW. She's always asking after you.) The two of you never shut up when you're together. Always laughing and yammering and carrying on when you're together. No one can get a word in edgewise with you two. You've always been like that, you two….”
    You see? She doesn't understand? Well, hang on! She didn't actually say that. That's all just stuff I say in my mind, using her voice. Maybe she would say this. Maybe she'd be even meaner and unsupportive. I mean, this is just a guess, based off of what she's said in other, past moments of her disconnection from Source.-- Ooo, that's a trippy thought. She has a Source to whom she might connected or disconnected. Never thought of her like that. Just like I don't think of her as a “girl.”-- Ooo! Ick! Cancel! Cancel!

    But you know, this reminds me of something I once heard WB say. I CAN talk to some girls. I can think of many girls I can talk to. And it's not just some girls, either. It's really more about the circumstances. It's really only when I think about how hot they are or when I think about dating them or being with them sexually that I panic. I feel panic. So, that's an emotion, which means that I must be creating my panic with my thoughts. I wonder what thoughts that I think when I want to date or think about a woman sexually/romantically/intimately that cause me to feel my panic? Because panic doesn't feel any form of good, I know that my IB doesn't agree with any of those thoughts. Maybe I might want to collect those thoughts and “work on them?


    Or she'd be, like, wanting to fix the problem, “Ooo, I should tell Fr. Weiss. She has that nice niece who lives by you. 4. It actually flatters me that they insist that I have one (but don't won't to show them). Am I really flattered? Or is this just a pretty word that I'm using? Do I not think that I shouldn't have a girlfriend? I know my experience confirms my story that I cannot have a girlfriend. But is that because I'm unattractive or there's something non-boyfriend-able about me? Is that part of my story? Or is it just my story about my lack of effective social skills (Who talks like that?) What is it? Because that will help me to be more effective in my “work,” which is something that I want. After all, it's one thing if my story is “I'm as ugly as a dog and no girl would want me.” (Although that's not very true because I can think of a few--good-looking--girls who have and do want me. So that would be a bogus story.) And it's a very different thing if my story is “I lack social skills.” I can learn and practice skills. I've been doing a great, focused job learning and practicing my Abraham skills. There's no reason why I can't learn and practice social skills. (Lord knows there are many more places to teach that than there are who teach Abe stuff.) Even if I can't Abe up some social skills, I could see myself getting improved social skills and some game much more easily than getting a new face or a new body.

    And I'd be, like panicking. Inside my head I'd be screaming, “No, Ma! Don't tell anyone. Don't you understand what a problem this is for me?! (She never listens. Always just wants to jump right into fixing. And I can't tell her about Abraham. She'd really never understand that. Sigh.)
    And that's part of the problem. No one really understands. I'm all alone in this. I can't tell my folks, my family, my friends, the Forum…. Yeah, yeah, WB, I KNOW that thought doesn't feel “good!” (Sheesh! Doesn't he get that I KNOW when I'm in pain?) But I bet I'd feel some relief if there was someone--anyone--i could actually talk to about this.-- Well, maybe not, because I'd have to answer their questions and I might not want to do that, either.

    But if that thought (that I'm all alone in this and that nobody understands) doesn't feel good to me, that not-good feeling is telling me that my IB has a different opinion about this situation than that thought of mine. What if someone does understand? I mean, I know that I’m not supposed to care or want others to understand so that I can observe than and feel better watching them understand me. But, dammit, that idea does feel better to me. Now, I know, Abraham would probably tell me, at this point, that my IB understands me. But that’s airy-fairy. I’m not even sure that my IB exists. I guess I could use this crappy-feeling (back to Despair?) that I have now as my evidence that my IB does exist (because how else did I move my emotion?) and that my IB has a different story about all of this than the one that I’ve been telling. After all, if my IB is telling the same story, I wouldn’t feel this crappy. I guess that’s something. Can I allow it to be something?


    [Back to WB and his post:] As you can see, when you start from where you really are, there are plenty of different ways you can find your relief. Now, some of what I wrote might produce relief within you, some of it might not. But my intention wasn’t to do your “work” for you, but to show you some different ways you could approach your own “work,” so that you don’t get stymied after seven or eight statements. You’ll notice that very few of “Tom’s” statements actually focus on fixing any of his problems. They are all focused on finding different ways of talking about what’s going on. You’ll also notice that “Tom” didn’t move so far up the Scale, but he didn’t have to in order to get his relief.

    Last edited by WellBeing; 1 Week Ago at 07:09 PM. Reason: Formatting

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •