Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 137

Thread: The work, make progress in my emotions using Emotional Guidance System - step by step

  1. #1
    Klassik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    119

    The work, make progress in my emotions using Emotional Guidance System - step by step

    Dear Beethovens, Rachmaninovs, Schumanns and all the creative people out there,

    I understand more and more everyday, as I am reading here in the forum or in the books and I come to realize, that the value is 100 % in its appilcation. The so called work. Although I don't understand everything right now and it isn't fully clear how to do the work accurate, I will do now a public work thread where I get better and better in this work and teachings. I am really happy to have you fellows around me as my work guidance system (WGS).

    Yes, I think right now, that this Abraham Teaching is a little bit complicated, because it is so much of information, where to start, is this right how I understand and do it and so on but I know that this will be much much easier over time. Step by step.

    My starting point here, things, where I want to feel good, like I am in my teens again, where there was no "needing", I had fun all day and I did not worry about anything, are:

    • social and sexual relationship
    • my "calling"
    • my physical desires
    • my physical well-being
    • my general life feeling (like I can't enjoy the things I enjoyed because I don't feel really calm about some general things, the "I am 12 years old"-feeling)

    So there is enough resitence to work on for now...

    Of course I want to feel good WITHOUT those things. It's about the resistence around those topics.

    I've just started with the process carrying 50 € in your pocket and spend it mentally through out my day. It is a really easy process to do. Of course, you have to "get into it" but after than it's easy and I really enjoy it and you can do it everywhere! I started it with 50 € 3 days ago with some starting problems and today someone gave me another 50 € for NO REASON and now I am doing it with 100 €. I see this person EVERY DAY and now that person gave me that money... maybe it is an effect of this game.

    I am an amateur singer and got some vocal lessons and my voice did not really got better back than, and I did this some years but it didn't got better. Yesterday I watched a casting show on TV and I realized that all the good singer there have zero to no resistence to singing or presentation on stage, so that they can sing from the position of well-being, and so they become a match to their desires. This was really interesting to see this case in from another perspective, the Abraham Hicks perspective.

    Thanks for reading, commenting and of course thank you all for reading and replying to my former threads!

  2. #2
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    14,376
    Good for you!

    I hear you when you say that there is a lot of material and, at first glance, it can seem very complicated. But as you spend more time with the material, you will come to see that the actual message is very simple (elegant, even). It's just that Abraham explain that elegant message from this angle and that, in hopes that more and more of us understand what it is they are saying.

    I think you're wise in starting with what seemed to you to be "the funnest" technique. We're more likely to do something which is "fun" than something which is a "chore." (That's kind of built into the definitions of those words, isn't it?) So, right off the bat, you're entering into your "work" with less resistance. Good for you. From that less-resistant stance, you are able to find your relief more readily and to notice how much better you feel. And it's this last word that's going to be key. Sure, it's great having the manifestations which confirm your vibrational shifts. After all, one of the reasons we come here is for the manifestations. But don't get yourself into the habit of looking to the manifestation as your feedback for your practice. That can be a trap. Look instead to how you feel to assess what you're doing with your vibration.

    The Wallet Game is a fun game. (All the Games/Processes are supposed to be fun, because "life is supposed to be fun.") And you can get creative with it, too. For example, when you spy a piece of candy you might fancy with an inexpensive price tag (say like 0,10 €), think about how many of those candies your 100 € would buy. Talk about abundance. Or if you come across a pair of shoes for 200 €, your 100 € would buy 1 of those shoes right now, you see?

    As far as your topics of resistance, can you soothe them by understanding that you're learning the fundamental principles and the basic skills of this material and that you've heard Abraham tell you that you can release resistance even on those topics and that when you've got some basic understanding and skills under your belt, you'll be better-equipped to handle those other topics more easily when you decide you're ready to address them? IOW, isn't what you're doing right now (out there in your daily practice and what you will be doing here on your Practice thread) actually addressing those other topics? It's sort of like knowing that you have to move your bookcase across your room. If you go out to the gym to build up your strength in order to move your bookcase, doesn't your time going to the gym count as a step in your process of moving the bookcase? Aren't you working on moving the bookcase even though the bookcase remains in its original place?



  3. #3
    Klassik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    119
    Thank you WellBeing!

    Yes, I will do the processes first which feel fun and easy. I've already tried Telling a new story and the Focus Wheel.

    I thought about the "if there are shoes for 200 € I can buy one!", too, but I thought that it could be the attention to the lack of it, because you can't use a single shoe without the other one. So I only did it with things I could buy complete (or things you would buy as a part of something naturally, like a piece for your car or something).

    My attention is on the feeling part most of the time and not on the manifestation (or the missing manifestation). At least would I say that. I will see this clearer when I do the processes and write here on the forum. Because, there are some manifestations right now that are not really pleasant and maybe I focus here on the manifestation to change because that is what would make me feel better. I will do a process at the end of the post about that so you can see what I mean.

    I like the analogy with the bookcase. That makes totally sense. It seems so easy right now!

    Telling a new story: A restful sleep.
    Old story: Can't sleep restul at night and so the next morning is shitty because my grandmother I take care of gets up one or two times a night and won't fall asleep for one to two hours then because she moans or is loud so I can't go to sleep either. Because I take care of her the whole day (at sun everything is fine and easy) I am much more irritable at night and I REALLY could through her out of the window and put her in to a retirement home. It sucks A LOT.
    New story:
    I am glad that I can sleep there on the warm and cozy couch with a breathtaking view out of the ultra sized window into the nature! I love this view! I love seeing the sky at night through this window and to go to bed relaxed after an joyful day. It feels really really good laying there and knowing, that I will get up in the morning fresh and refueled! I will going to the bakery store before she gets up and will get fresh rolls she and I likes soooo much! This is going to be an tasty breakfast Hmmm! Then I will enjoy my hot coffee, while I will get warmed by the early sun in my face, when it's cold out there and the dew is dripping from the flowers. I take a deeeep breath, deep into my lungs. Aaaahhh. I like this sooooooo much! My grandmother gets up well rested and with a good mood.

    This is english, my mother language is german, so some sentences in this story sounds maybe a little bit "edged".

    Maybe this story is tooo "big"? I read here on the forum that I should choose a story that feels slightly better and also true. I read some storys in "Money, and the Law of Attraction" and they all seem big. I believe what I write and it feels good so I am going with this.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    14,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    Maybe this story is tooo "big"?
    You tell us. Part of learning how to apply this material is learning how to work with your emotional guidance system. How did you story feel to you? Did it feel like relief? Or did it feel like wishful thinking? The words don't matter. The words are just tools to help you focus yourself. It's how you feel as you focus yourself which matter.

    And once you have an overall answer to those questions (which is generally how we respond), maybe you want to ask yourself if all of your New Story feels like your overall answer or if there were parts to your story which felt better to you than other parts of your story.

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    I read here on the forum that I should choose a story that feels slightly better and also true.
    I'm a big believer in this approach myself. When we deviate from what we believe to be true in our "work," we run the risk of HFS-ing. We start to veer off into the realm of papering over our vibration with our pretty words. As I mentioned above, the LoA doesn't speak German or English. The LoA doesn't hear our words. It responds to our vibration. What we believe is our current vibration. So, when we use words in our "work" that we don't believe, we're not really shifting our vibration.

    That being said, this Peanut in the Gallery thinks that your New Story followed that approach. I think you shared easily believable statements with us and I don't think there was any of that papering-over.

    As I read what you wrote, you were shifting your attention from unwanted aspects of this situation finding aspects you preferred of this same situation and giving your attention to those preferred aspects. In Abraham terminology, you were "sifting and sorting" and you were using your emotional guidance system to guide your sorting so that you could feel better. That counts.

    The only piece that I wondered about was your final statement about your grandmother. Maybe you might just leave how she sleeps out of your consideration at the beginning, as you learn how to do this "work," just like you did for most of your New Story. You don't want to fall into the trap of needing her to be different so that you can feel better. And you showed yourself--with the first 95% of your New story--that you don't need her to be different so that you can feel better. (Good for you.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    I read some storys in "Money, and the Law of Attraction" and they all seem big.
    I understand. It's hard to know what was "big" or "incremental" for another from their "work." Especially, when sometimes on a public forum, some people can be more concerned with posting for the "audience" of the other readers than they are with "feeling better." So, that can be a confusing way to learn.

    So, look at the "work" examples that you'll find on here as sort of templates to prompt ideas within you and then rely on your own emotional guidance system to guide you with your own "work."

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    I believe what I write and it feels good so I am going with this.
    There you go!

  5. #5
    Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Elfengarten, Germany
    Posts
    65,460
    I had the impulse to link you this thread, maybe you can use it...
    it´s about how different stances on the EGS translate into different experiences- on topics as sexuality, creativity, clarity and many more.


    "The map of the soul": Specific EGS-Scales

  6. #6
    Klassik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    119
    Thank you! The thread looks really helpful, as the EGS (or the using of it) is the most difficult part for me to use. Great, thank you, paradise-on-earth! Perfect timing! Will go there in detail on my computer tomorrow.

    First, this Teaching and your comments generate so much calm in me and hope and patience about everything, that I kniw that it's only a matter of time until I feel better everywhere and that there is no rush, everything i fine.


    I know that this is some kind of impatience but because I have nothing to do right now after being awake for 2 h now (it's 2:42 am at night) and I am curious: I will get better at telling this new story and will feel it more and more. I wonder, how this will "translate" into this situation when the main "actor" in this manifestation (= my grandmother) won't change. I see that it is in me that I change my feeling without the situation to change but the "real life experience"-cause of the old story (that I can't sleep) is my grandmother here. I think this is only a believe thing. I can't believe that this is going to change because I can't see how my feeling will be robust and change under those circumstances at night.

    Another thing: Is there ANYTHING I can provide for you people? This is soooooo huge what I get here, the responses, the help. I have no idea but maybe you have.

    So now I will see to get some sleep, again, (it's 2:53 am at night) hehe.

  7. #7
    Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Elfengarten, Germany
    Posts
    65,460
    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    Thank you! The thread looks really helpful, as the EGS (or the using of it) is the most difficult part for me to use. Great, thank you, paradise-on-earth! Perfect timing! Will go there in detail on my computer tomorrow.
    I´m glad!!
    You don´t need to do much with the EGS, really- other than ACKNOWLEDGING where you are.
    It really is as a map. When you know where you are, you get a sense about where to turn and what to do- while the FIRST order of business really is, to make peace with where you are.

    In relaxing into "what is" and stop pushing against it, your stream will take you in perfect unfolding and timing, all by itself!
    As the cork bobs back to the surface all on itself, when you stop pressing it under water.
    You just need to follow the "journey" of relief.

    First, this Teaching and your comments generate so much calm in me and hope and patience about everything, that I kniw that it's only a matter of time until I feel better everywhere and that there is no rush, everything i fine.
    This is a wonderful thing. It indicates you how close and ready you are for this!

    I know that this is some kind of impatience
    And that is ok! "You are where you are".

    but because I have nothing to do right now after being awake for 2 h now (it's 2:42 am at night) and I am curious: I will get better at telling this new story and will feel it more and more. I wonder, how this will "translate" into this situation when the main "actor" in this manifestation (= my grandmother) won't change. I see that it is in me that I change my feeling without the situation to change but the "real life experience"-cause of the old story (that I can't sleep) is my grandmother here.
    She is your excuse to focus in the way you do. But she is not the cause of your emotions and manifestations.

    All "rascals" are our vibrational indicators, and Abe teach to really bless them for this clarifying role that they play in your life.
    Without realizing contrast (in the way that Abraham really mean this term), we wouldn´t be able to discern, to find preferences, and to CREATE.

    WellBean, a lovely Forum-friend, had shared with me what´s written in the piano-teaching-book of her daughter on page 1:

    "Contrast is the first law of all arts."

    You WANT contrast.

    I think this is only a believe thing. I can't believe that this is going to change because I can't see how my feeling will be robust and change under those circumstances at night.
    Actually, this can happen in seconds- as soon you RELAX.
    You don´t have to hunt for this, you don´t have to jump the skyscraper in a huge leap, you just have to relax.

    In the moment you do that, in the moment you drop your struggle and your pushing-against, your vibration raises. Your cork bobs back to the surface!
    And then, you must PRACTICE that. Relax, relax, relax!
    Which somewhen will translate as wanting (!) to find a new more joyful thought. Or to change the topic and find anything that feels really good.
    -You will notice this joyful impulses, and then just follow them. Again and again, as a beautiful unfolding of clarity, answers, relief, insight and peaceful rendezvouses. And, more clarifying contrast will come as well, of course! It´s ALL GOOD!

    It´s all there to surprise and delight you, to help you, to back you up. Including your Omi.

    Another thing: Is there ANYTHING I can provide for you people? This is soooooo huge what I get here, the responses, the help. I have no idea but maybe you have.
    Abe say this to their HS´s and their audience, again and again:
    The question is as relevant and precious and needed, as the answer.
    We are in this together!

    Without your questions, there couldn´t be our answers.
    Without your musings, and in that, your INSPIRATION for us to think deeper, explain clearer and expand OURSELVES as well, there couldn´t be this delightful co-creative dance that we´r having!

  8. #8
    Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Elfengarten, Germany
    Posts
    65,460
    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    the old story (that I can't sleep)
    (...)
    So now I will see to get some sleep, again, (it's 2:53 am at night) hehe.
    Maybe this helps a bit:


    Path of least Resistance (POLR) about sleeping.

    Abe:
    (not being able to sleep)
    That´s because you are trying to sleep too much.
    If you can´t sleep, get up!
    Because, if you can´t sleep, and you TRY to sleep, you practice
    NOT BEING ABLE TO SLEEP!

    Pretty obvious, isn´t it? So as you say, "I can´t sleep,
    therefore I´m not going to sleep", and then you take the POLR.
    The POLR when you´r not able to sleep, is NOT trying to sleep!
    That´s the path of greater resistance!
    Does that make sense, a little bit?

    HS:
    It does. It´s hard to imagine getting up, when what you wanting
    the most is being able to fall asleep. It´s hard to imagine.

    Abe:
    Let´s talk about that:
    "The thing I want most is to be asleep", is because? -Why?

    HS:
    What I want is to be rested and vital in the following day!

    Abe:
    But you see, you have no power in the following day!
    All your of you power is here and now.
    What you´r saying is: I need the POLR for tomorrow!
    And the POLR for tomorrow is to be rested.

    But you can´t do ANYTHING about tomorrow!
    You only can choose a path, right here and now.
    That´s like embarking at a 1200 miles journey, and trying
    to figure out what turn you´r gonna make at the end-
    instead of what you´r gonna do RIGHT NOW!

    That´s as looking at the screen of your navigational system,
    instead of looking at WHERE YOU´R AT!
    Do you ever find yourself doing that? "Hey, I almost hit this car!!!
    It wasn´t on my screen! -You missed that red light! -It wasn´t
    on my navigational screen! My screen said go, so I did!"

    (...) You can NOT find the POLR for tomorrow!

    And when you try, you get all balled up. You can only find the POLR, NOW.
    So, what´s the POLR? You feel desperate for sleep.
    Because you´ve convinced yourself, that tomorrow will be hard.
    You feel desperate for sleep. What´s the POLR:

    -I can´t sleep,
    or
    -I must not need to sleep?

    HS:
    (thinking a long time) -I must not need to.

    Abe:
    Now that was a hard choice for you! BUT it was
    a choice that you made, that IS in alignment with where you
    would be, in that situation: I must not need to sleep.

    Which is the POLR?
    -I´m gonna be so tired tomorrow, or
    -I don´t have any power over tomorrow. I only have power now.
    Which is the POLR?
    -I can´t sleep, or
    -It´s nice to just lay here.

    Which is the POLR?
    -Tomorrow is gonna be really hard, or
    -This bed is really soft.
    (..) Which is the POLR?
    -I´m gonna be so tired tomorrow. Or:
    -There is nothing I have to do, right now.

    Which is the POLR?
    -I´m gonna be groggy and tired, tomorrow. Or:
    -There is nothing I have to be alert to, right now.
    Which is the POLR... "I´m in bed, and I´m not sleeping.
    What might I do?"

    I can feel the bed. I can appreciate the blanket, or the pillow.
    I can worry about tomorrow, but that´s not the POLR!
    I can just appreciate the bed. Not hitting it too head on,
    like saying something as "I will fall asleep!" That´s too head on.
    That´s adding resistance.

    Which is the POLR?
    -I´ve GOT to get to sleep!! Or:
    -I have plenty of time.
    Which is the POLR?
    -I NEVER sleep well! Or:
    -My body is resting, even I´m not asleep.
    Which is the POLR?
    -Tomorrow feels hard!
    -Tonight feels easier.

    Sometimes, when Esther awakens, because she finds that she
    needs less and less sleep, all the time! So she wakes up, and
    part of her says "It´s too early to wake up."
    Which is resistant.

    And then, another part of her thinks:
    "I just lay here and think pleasant thoughts."
    And now she´s convinced herself, by choosing the POLR,
    of the luxury of just being able to choose thoughts!

    "Oh, so great! Nobody´s making any requests of me.
    There isn´t anything that I need doing."
    Now think of this vibration- we´r talking about turning vibration
    into things- we´r talking about the progression of vibration:

    -Vibration, and then the next is
    -thought, and emotion, and then the next is
    -impulse to act,

    so when you think about that evolution of vibration and thought,
    and you are awake, and you are realizing there is no need to action!
    I don´t have to get up and do anything. Nothing I have to do.
    And I can´t have, tonight in my bed, do tomorrow!
    You CAN´T do tomorrow, right now!

    (When you do that) you are trying to fix things,
    where you have no power!
    (...) So (as soon) falling asleep is no longer the conversation
    you are having with yourself, so now you´r not asleep-
    but there is´nt anything you need to do!

    (...) So no,rather then trying to find the path that is too far
    down the road, take the path WHERE YOU ARE AT,
    and just ask yourself "How do I feel?"
    (...) and then start to reach for some thoughts that FEEL GOOD.


    Abe





    from the quote-collection
    Abe about Sleep and Fatigue


  9. #9
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    14,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    First, this Teaching and your comments generate so much calm in me and hope and patience about everything, that I kniw that it's only a matter of time until I feel better everywhere and that there is no rush, everything i fine.
    That's sort of looking at things down the road, isn't it? And your view of things down the road is accurate but your awareness of its down-the-road-ness (not really an English word, don't worry!) emphasizes how you're not feeling better everywhere, doesn't it? And that's all right. However, you have an example of how you have deliberately and consciously helped yourself feel better yesterday. IOW, your down-the-road perspective can feel better but can be a little iffy. That’s why you’re feeling Impatience. It’s sort of like (and I’m going to put some words in your mouth here) you’re saying:

    “I’ve heard that I’m going to be able to clean up the things on my list and I know that I’m studying how to do it. But I’m aware that I still have my list and that I haven’t worked on my list. I have done some ‘work’ on my issue of my grandmother but I think she’s still going to get up and wake me up tonight. So, I’d like to be content with ‘eventually’ but I’m feeling my discomfort right now….”

    And, of course, that’s a very reasonable thing that most people in your situation might say.

    But you, you’re lucky because you did do your “work” yesterday. So, instead of your iffy, down-the-road perspective, you might feel better with (and you’ll recognize this as the “bookcase” example from yesterday):

    ”I could look down-the-road, sure. And when I do look down-the-road, I can see my wanted resolution. So that’s a good thing. But I can also feel how that down-the-road perspective produces within me some impatience. And that makes sense. WB explained some of that to me and I filled in the rest with my own awareness. I’ve got this. And rather than looking at the 2 birds in the bush down the road, why don’t I look at the bird I have in my hand: my applications of these teachings so far and the relief that I have felt as a result of my doing my ‘work.’ That’s not down the road. That’s right now. I have those right now. I did that and I know I did that. And I even saw some tangible manifestations as a result of the ‘work’ that I had been doing. So, maybe ‘down the road’ isn’t even the best phrase for me to be using. Maybe it can be much sooner than down the road. And if it’s much sooner than down the road, I feel less impatience. Maybe it can be ‘around the corner.’ Maybe I can withdraw my focus from my list and focus instead of the relief that I’m reaching for with my list. Then ‘in the next 10 minutes’ would be even more accurate. I can soothe myself into Patience if I know I’m going to find relief in the next 10 minutes….”

    Feel the difference?

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    I know that this is some kind of impatience but because I have nothing to do right now after being awake for 2 h now (it's 2:42 am at night)...
    “Nothing to do” during those 2 hours? Not even reaching for a little “feel better” than the Impatience you're reporting (and, therefore, practicing) here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    ...and I am curious: I will get better at telling this new story and will feel it more and more. I wonder, how this will "translate" into this situation when the main "actor" in this manifestation (= my grandmother) won't change.
    The misunderstanding that you have is that you think that you feel bad because of your grandmother’s behavior and because of inability to sleep. So, you’re looking at this situation with an attitude of “fixing” your grandmother. But it’s really your thoughts about this situation which are making you feel bad.

    Does your grandmother get up in the middle of the night? Sure. Might she wake you up as she does so. Sure. Might she moan and do other things which right now interfere with your sleep? Sure. I hear you. And I agree with you that you have very little leverage over any of that.

    But you're overlooking an equally important piece of this situation, a piece where you DO have lots of leverage: the thoughts that you think. And don't you think that they're contributing to your inability to get back to sleep? Don't you think your thoughts of resentment and victimhood about what she's doing “to you” prolong your awakeness (Is that a word?)? Don't you think that your tendency to tolerate and stew in your negative emotions keep you awake and produce a less restful sleep for you, adding to the tiredness that you feel in the morning?

    There are other thoughts that you've shared here about her which, when cleaned up, might help her be or sleep more comfortably in your home. I mean, have you ever been some place where you knew that someone didn't want you to be, wishing that you were somewhere far, far away and you could feel how much they didn't want you to be there even though they didn't say a single word, even though they acted perfectly nice and sweet to you? Those aren't the most comfortable of experiences, are they?

    And don't you think that your thoughts of resentment and of blame of her are creating your irritability during the day? Don't you think as you find other, more pleasing (to you) thoughts to think that your daytime experience will change in response? And that's what you were telling us yesterday that you want.

    This really has far less to do with your grandmother and more to do with your own thoughts that you're thinking about her and this situation. And that's a good thing because you have control (and are learning to master more control) over the thoughts that you're thinking.

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    I think this is only a believe thing. I can't believe that this is going to change because I can't see how my feeling will be robust and change under those circumstances at night.
    Just like you couldn't imagine or anticipate receiving that extra 50 €, yet you did. Maybe you can open yourself to the notion that there are possibilities in this situation that you hadn't yet considered and that you don't even need to identify them first for them to reveal themselves to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    Another thing: Is there ANYTHING I can provide for you people?
    Just feel better. That is, after all, Abraham's “only one answer.”

  10. #10
    Klassik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    That's sort of looking at things down the road, isn't it? And your view of things down the road is accurate but your awareness of its down-the-road-ness (not really an English word, don't worry!) emphasizes how you're not feeling better everywhere, doesn't it? And that's all right. However, you have an example of how you have deliberately and consciously helped yourself feel better yesterday. IOW, your down-the-road perspective can feel better but can be a little iffy. That’s why you’re feeling Impatience. It’s sort of like (and I’m going to put some words in your mouth here) you’re saying:
    Yes, I understand. I see that I can work on my list/topics right now. In fact every day, because they are part of my life, only more down the EGS than the things that work well. But this are often topics - like today for example - where I totally don't know (yet) or am totally overwhelmed with the situation and because of that I don't know how to do the work, how to feel better and better. I often tried in the past to feel better in those situations but that did not work for me and therefore also I wanted to get more preperation or I don't know. Just too much for me I would say. Like the situation today, where I really got negative and was unable to find a good thought ("MOAH DID THIS HAPPEN AGAIN, I CAN'T FIND A SOLUTION GOD $§"§$$!21"). I started to let my emotions out for a moment (never done that in the past) so I can see more clear what the matter is so I can work on that.

    But I see in your next quote that I am able to do more work before I leave the house, so I am more prepared.
    But you, you’re lucky because you did do your “work” yesterday. So, instead of your iffy, down-the-road perspective, you might feel better with (and you’ll recognize this as the “bookcase” example from yesterday):
    ”I could look down-the-road, sure. And when I do look down-the-road, I can see my wanted resolution.
    [...]
    And if it’s much sooner than down the road, I feel less impatience. Maybe it can be ‘around the corner.’ Maybe I can withdraw my focus from my list and focus instead of the relief that I’m reaching for with my list. Then ‘in the next 10 minutes’ would be even more accurate. I can soothe myself into Patience if I know I’m going to find relief in the next 10 minutes….”
    Feel the difference?
    Yes!

    “Nothing to do” during those 2 hours? Not even reaching for a little “feel better” than the Impatience you're reporting (and, therefore, practicing) here?
    Yeah I took care of her, gave her something for her pain and what she was asking for multiple times over the two hours. She is very shaky at nights so I have to help her with doing "things". I then lay in couch and start to get calm and breath deep and slowly, focused on what I like then. That was my "work".

    Just for the records, it's her home, I live there only to take care of her. She needs and wants someone or she has to go to a retirement home and I don't (and she either) want that. And she wants me to help her, she said that often.

    And don't you think that your thoughts of resentment and of blame of her are creating your irritability during the day? Don't you think as you find other, more pleasing (to you) thoughts to think that your daytime experience will change in response? And that's what you were telling us yesterday that you want.
    Yes, I can see this immediately. When I am pissed at night when she needs me 100 times to help her with every fart (I wouldn't say this if it wouldn't be a hard night) she also reacts reeeally bad. It is like a mirror and I've seen this before and of course tried do be cooler in those situations. This is interesting, there are moments in the morning between 5 - 7 am (depends) where she is cursing and talks bad about me or someone else, so that are reflections of my thinking about her at night.

    This really has far less to do with your grandmother and more to do with your own thoughts that you're thinking about her and this situation. And that's a good thing because you have control (and are learning to master more control) over the thoughts that you're thinking.

    Just like you couldn't imagine or anticipate receiving that extra 50 €, yet you did. Maybe you can open yourself to the notion that there are possibilities in this situation that you hadn't yet considered and that you don't even need to identify them first for them to reveal themselves to you?
    I see that, and I thought that this is the essence of the Abraham Teachings! The things will change when my vibrations changes and not when I do action when the vibrations did not change and are the same old.

    So I will read now in the books and work on this with some processes.

    Thank you!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •