Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: The work, make progress in my emotions using Emotional Guidance System - step by step

Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    Yes, I understand. I see that I can work on my list/topics right now.

Please don’t misunderstand me. I wasn’t suggesting that you tackle your list right now. I think your decision to put those on the back-burner was a wise one. My point was how can you make peace with your decision to put those on the back-burner? Because that’s what’s got you chomping at the bit. That’s what’s causing your Impatience. You’re sort of railing against your decision to put those things on your list on the backburner.

In fact every day, because they are part of my life,...

And I hear you. You’re encountering these things on a regular basis. That’s a normal consequence of the LoA (because you’re calling to you those encounters/manifestations with your vibration. And I know, you get all that). But here’s something for you to consider: A year ago or 6 months ago or last week, when you were encountering them, those encounters then are different than your encounters with them today, because today you’re doing the vibrational “work.” And, yes, you’re not doing the “work” specifically on them. But you are doing your “work” where and how you can do it, which means that, because of the “work” you’re doing, you’re giving less airtime to a resistant vibration.

Abraham used to teach us about resistance, with a metaphor of resistance as a sort of red, inky mist that we would spew all around us each time we thought a resistant thought. If we get ourselves into a habit of resistance, we’re spewing, spewing, spewing, spewing, spewing, spewing until that mist is so dense that we can’t see. Abraham would then remind us that if we were to stop thinking our resistant thoughts, we wouldn’t be spewing any of that inky mist and the mist would begin to dissipate. So, you’ve been taking the time and doing what you can, when you can, to find different thoughts to think, which means that for some parts of your day (however long--it still counts) you’re spewing less of that mist or you’re even allowing that mist to clear some. Because if you’re “working” on your--say--money with your Wallet Game, then in that same moment, you can’t be spewing your inky mist on some other topic.
    My point is, for those topics on your list, you might be able to soothe yourself with

“I got it. It’s on my list. I’m working my way up to it. I’m taking care of my vibrational business and I’m doing a good job of that, but I can only do what I can do, which is the good job that I’ve been doing. And I’ll get around to it. And maybe I can find some comfort in knowing that I’m better off vibrationally than I was--say--6 or 12 months ago on this topic….”

only more down the EGS than the things that work well. But this are often topics - like today for example - where I totally don't know (yet) or am totally overwhelmed with the situation...

Ah! Here, when you’re totally overwhelmed with a situation, that’s not the time to do the “work” on that situation anyways! So, on that situation, when you were totally overwhelmed, you can take heart in the idea that “an Aber knows that this is not the time to be trying to do the ‘work’ on this right now. So, me not trying to do the ‘work’ on this right now (for whatever reason) is me being a wise Aber.” Smart move!

When you’re totally overwhelmed with a situation, Abraham’s light-hearted recommendation is “Hang on; it’ll be over soon.” What you’re talking about is an example of vibrational momentum playing itself out. At those times, you want to let the momentum peter out. And the momentum will peter out, as long as we don’t add to the unwanted momentum. So Abraham suggest that, when we are overwhelmed by a situation to (in this order): Take a nap, meditate, distract ourselves or (when we can’t do the others) go general.

... and because of that I don't know how to do the work, how to feel better and better. I often tried in the past to feel better in those situations but that did not work for me and therefore also I wanted to get more preperation...

More preparation is a good thing and you’re doing it now. Good for you.

or I don't know. Just too much for me I would say. Like the situation today, where I really got negative and was unable to find a good thought ("MOAH DID THIS HAPPEN AGAIN, I CAN'T FIND A SOLUTION GOD $§"§$$!21"). I started to let my emotions out for a moment (never done that in the past) so I can see more clear what the matter is so I can work on that.

There you go!

before I leave the house, so I am more prepared.
    That’s a great strategy. Good for you for recognizing that for yourself.

Yeah I took care of her, gave her something for her pain and what she was asking for multiple times over the two hours. She is very shaky at nights so I have to help her with doing "things". I then lay in couch and start to get calm and breath deep and slowly, focused on what I like then. That was my "work".

Good for you.

Just for the records, it's her home, I live there only to take care of her. She needs and wants someone or she has to go to a retirement home and I don't (and she either) want that. And she wants me to help her, she said that often.

And you found a piece of Wanted (for both of you) in this situation. Good for you. Talk/think/focus on more of that.

Yes, I can see this immediately. When I am pissed at night when she needs me 100 times to help her with every fart (I wouldn't say this if it wouldn't be a hard night) she also reacts reeeally bad. It is like a mirror...

And here on the Forum, we call that mirror “the LoA,” so you understand that she’s reflecting your vibration back to you. So, it really is all about your vibration, isn’t it?

and I've seen this before and of course tried do be cooler in those situations.

Here’s the thing that I’ve found for myself. Sometimes, especially at the beginning, it can be hard to be cooler in the midst of situations where we’ve practiced something else. It’s the same thing when we talk our Forum friends out of reaching for “positive” when they practiced something else. This is why Abraham teach us about momentum.

It’s much easier if you understand that, for now, you’re likely to react the way that you’re going to react. When you’re together in the middle of the night, your momentum is going to play out.

So, don’t try to be anything that you’re not ready to be in any situation. That’s not what these teachings ask of us. Trying to be or act in a way that you're not yet ready for only puts strain on you. It fights your momentum. It's the opposite of the "be easy about this" that Abraham teach.

When you practice your thoughts into a stable place, you will naturally be “cooler” (or more aligned or more accepting or whatever). That’ll be one of your manifestations from your practice.

In the meantime, you might have an easier time of things if, in the midst of (or right after) that momentum, you can understand all of this in terms of what’s happening vibrationally and these teachings. IOW, you’d be stepping into a more general stance. You might remind yourself about what we’ve just discussed about momentum. You might remind yourself not to fight the momentum that you’re experiencing, even if that means you will be reacting in a “less cooler” fashion than you would like.

This is interesting, there are moments in the morning between 5 - 7 am (depends) where she is cursing and talks bad about me or someone else, so that are reflections of my thinking about her at night.

Here’s another place where you can understand this through the eyes of these teachings. Haul out your copy of the Scale. We can’t tell for sure about what anyone else is feeling or doing with their vibration from their behavior but let’s talk in some broad generalities. It would be reasonable for someone, who is faced with a choice with having someone to take care of them or live in a nursing home, to feel a certain amount of Powerlessness, especially if they were also having bodily symptoms that they couldn’t tend to themselves. That would be understandable, wouldn’t it? So, locate Powerless on your Scale. Found it? Good.

Now, let’s consider “cursing and talking bad” about another. Again, we don’t know for sure but “talking bad about another” might be from thoughts of Jealousy and “cursing” might be from thoughts of Hatred/Rage or Anger. Locate those emotions on your Scale. All of those are above the Powerlessness you had first located, aren’t they?

What do we know about the organization of the Scale? It’s that when we start from a lower emotion and move to emotions directly above our starting point, we feel relief, right? So, your grandmother--without ever having heard a word from Abraham or believing any of these teachings--is naturally, instinctively reaching for her relief, isn’t she? She can tell that Powerlessness feels lousy and instinctively knows that she’s supposed to feel better and she’s reaching for her “better” in the only ways that she knows how. In her own way, she’s doing her “work.” (And, yes, there could be ways that might be more effective for her to find her relief, but now is not the teaching moment.)

So I will read now in the books and work on this with some processes.

You’ve got this.

Thank you WellBeing!

Surprisingly (was not expecting it) I got my copy of "The Vortex" via mail today (thought it would take longer because it is shipped from US) and noticed that it is mainly about relationships. That is awesome.

Throughout my day I play the Wallet Game as often as I remember myself to do it. Early in the morning I read in MLOA (the last part what you can find on the CD) and once again suprisingly they talk there about the Wallet Game and how this is on of their favorite game, where they see the most impact. I found that game first here in the forum, Hands In The Clay talks often about it. She is also my "inspiration" everything money related. I really love her postings about money and how she points out to do the work and that THIS is where change happens I also bought a receipts-block and a bill-block (I hope these are the right translations) so I can play this game even better and to really shift my vibration here.

This night I could sleep a better, but was similar than the night before. But, when I lay on the couch I again focused on the wanted things; whenever I needed to get up to go to her I accepted that and told the story to myself and was nice to her. I told myself (and feeled) the story some posts before, again and again. The thing is that there is no immediately change in the situation. YES, the feeling changed, I felt good, but I was tired.

Over the day I did this again and again, I told myself the story (maybe slighty different) again and again but let her out of the equation.

To get some clarifications on that: I do the work. I accept what is now, make peace where I am. When I can't sleep, I make peace with it, do the work. I see the advantages in that moment. So, maybe this has nothing to do with it, but: When I do the work at night and she wants something, and I give it to her, then I go to couch and THEN she moans again, that she want this and that. And often she wants the exactly thing what I gave her 2 minutes ago, because she forgot. I accept that she forget this. It is ok. When I give it to her, she waits until I get to the couch, and I lay and then she askes again. What I've done then is, that I've done NOTHING. I just ignored it. I only seeked to soothe myself MENTALLY.

So, how should I see the action here? Is it only a matter of time that this manifestation will be "cleared" and all sleep happy and deep forever (for the night hehe)? I thought about last night, that this 2 hour "to-fall-asleep"-session started at 0 am (she went to bed earlier but needed to go to toilette or something) could never end before I (or she?) am/is ready or on my/her "goal"-vibration to sleep. I mean with that, that I could have give her the right pills and she would not have started to sleep. I did not gave her certain pills (although she asked for them very often) because I gave her this pills when she first went to bed at like 11 pm. I hope you know what I mean. So I mean that yesterday was NO CHANCE, NO MATTER WHAT that she would be sleeping before the two hours, because my vibration isn't there. Don't know right now how to explain that.

When we left the house to do some shopping the neighbour came to us (never done that before) and told me, that we were really loud last night (the night, I wrote about first). She never ever done that before.

So, when we were shopping, I focused on raising my vibration ONLY. I see the negative manifestations there often, and that are some of those situations where I am overwhelmed. But now, after listening to the MLOA CD while driving to the store, I heard the "99 % of your job is to do the vibrational work, the manifestation/evidence is only the 1 %" and I liked this picture very much, so I did not focused on the negative manifestation as I done that before, but focused on hope and feeling good and raising my vibration ONLY and that soothed the situation with the negative, overwhelming manifestation. TOTALLY DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE. Will observe this the next time.

I appreciate your answer a lot, WellBeing, and I am always happy when I see that someone answered to this thread heavily, but I don't want you to feel that I want you to do everything, because your answers are so full and huge and probably takes some time to write them. WHEN this is no problem you can answer as big as you want! You (and everybody else) now what I mean?
    Last edited by Klassik; 01-19-2017 at 03:05 PM. Reason: forget the paragraph about the question

I just wanted to say that I am so enjoying your work on this thread, Klassik. I can feel the sincerity of your intentions, and the integrity of your work! Here’s to all of us who “do” the work!

Quote Originally Posted by skylark View Post
    I just wanted to say that I am so enjoying your work on this thread, Klassik. I can feel the sincerity of your intentions, and the integrity of your work! Here’s to all of us who “do” the work!
    Thank you very much, skylark! Yes, I try to do my best to be as honest as possible. Nobody gets a thing if I am "doing a show" and don't say what I mean really.

Today she woke up again in the night, but 1. earlier than before and 2. the started sleeping in like nothing, she was quiet after some minutes! That was really awesome! Is this a result of the of the work? I am a little bit suprised because I was taught (not in the Abraham Hicks Teachings) that the change better feeling to manifestation will take some time but this was fast. What can we achieve when this will change things so fast?!

I've done the work again with the story. I went to the bank to get some money transfer letter. I have no idea how those things are called in english. I mean the things to transfer money from my bank account to another. Want this to do the money game I wrote about in the last post. HitC really got me with this. Can't thank her enough for her many many posts on this subject and her straight answers everywhere.

Of course I got some down moments today. Because I live with my grandmother someone of my family I sometimes don't want to see for some reasons wants to see my grandmother. No problem with that. I really get negative emotions when I get a message, that he wants to come over later. I said ok. But then, he did not show up. I got really angry about that. But then, I took out my EGS and looked for a feeling above the one I was feeling. I thought, that I can't rely on him and everything he does pissed me off! So I choose "blame" ("He is the reason I feel really shitty! He can't do anything I want from him!") and then choose the feeling doubt: "I doubt that he will never will get it, he just want understand my situation!" and then I distracted and focused on something totally different. It worked then. Interesting for me.

Will be now a shorter post. Thank you for reading and have a nice day!

Good night,

I prepared a text on my PC last evening but was tired and went to bed/couch, will publish this tomorrow.

So, I have done my work the whole day and would say that this day - of course not everything - was in a good vibration. Last night I slept like 5 hours straight, so it was much better than the nights before.

But now (now it's quiet, finally), I was not able to sleep for like 4 hours. Means, I did not start sleeping at all, so, this is the hardest night of all. I feel like a train was driving over my head.

So, what went wrong? Why did the work not "worked"? So it only can be because I focused (not intentionally) on the lack end of the stick the whole time?

I can understand her in some ways but I know now that the neighbor waked up, in a Saturday night. They are going to kill us tomorrow.

Some thoughts why this went so terrible wrong?

Have a good night.

This night I could sleep a better, but was similar than the night before.

But, when I lay on the couch I again focused on the wanted things; whenever I needed to get up to go to her I accepted that and told the story to myself and was nice to her. I told myself (and feeled) the story some posts before, again and again. The thing is that there is no immediately change in the situation. YES, the feeling changed, I felt good, but I was tired. [Emphasis WB.]
    You’re assessing your “work” and its effectiveness by your manifestations rather than feeling better, which is the real key. To make sure you can see that, I’ve highlighted in bold font where and how you were doing that.

This isn’t a magic trick to get Grandma to sleep. There aren't some magic words or magic exercise that will do that. (Well, if there are, they are off-topic for this forum.) This is about you feeling better about the situation that you are in.

Now, I have to ask you about your comment:
    But, when I lay on the couch I again focused on the wanted things;...
    So, I’m going to suggest that you’re making this difficult for yourself because you’re sort of looking for a parachute whilst you’re hanging out the door of the airplane, aren’t you? IOW, isn't when you lay on the couch preparing yourself for sleep the most likely time that your troubling thoughts about this situation come to your mind? I mean, that would be normal since we humans tend to be observers and you’d be observing the very conditions of this situation which cause you trouble. As I said, that'd be normal.
    It would be normal to think thoughts like

“Here I am again. I wonder if I'll get to sleep. I wonder if she'll get to sleep. And will she stay asleep? Am I going to get any rest tonight? How many times is she going to wake up? How many farts will I be asked about? I know I've been doing my 'work’ about this topic. I've asked some good questions and gotten some good answers but I don't know if I buy those answers. They tell me to feel better but I can't feel better unless/until she falls and stays asleep. Then if be able to fall asleep and maybe get the rest that I need….”

(I'm going to come back to this. Hang tight!)

...whenever I needed to get up to go to her I accepted that and told the story to myself and was nice to her. I told myself (and feeled) the story some posts before, again and again.

So, which story did you tell yourself, again and again? This one?:
    New story: I am glad that I can sleep there on the warm and cozy couch with a breathtaking view out of the ultra sized window into the nature! I love this view! I love seeing the sky at night through this window and to go to bed relaxed after an joyful day. It feels really really good laying there and knowing, that I will get up in the morning fresh and refueled! I will going to the bakery store before she gets up and will get fresh rolls she and I likes soooo much! This is going to be an tasty breakfast Hmmm! Then I will enjoy my hot coffee, while I will get warmed by the early sun in my face, when it's cold out there and the dew is dripping from the flowers. I take a deeeep breath, deep into my lungs. Aaaahhh. I like this sooooooo much! My grandmother gets up well rested and with a good mood.
    I said before that this is a good story and I stand by it. But if you were thinking some of those thoughts that I suggested above, then maybe you can see how this story--as good as it is--doesn’t really soothe the thoughts that I put in your “mouth” when you were lying there on the couch. And if I’m hearing you correctly, that’s what you’re telling us here.

Over the day I did this again and again, I told myself the story (maybe slighty different) again and again but let her out of the equation.
    To get some clarifications on that: I do the work.
    Yes, you are, and you’re doing a fine job of it.

I accept what is now, make peace where I am.

I’m sorry, but not yet, you haven’t. You may be saying the words or you may be tolerating where you are. But those aren’t making peace with where you are. Making peace with where you feels very different from what you’re reporting to us. If you were effectively making peace with where you are, then it wouldn’t matter to you if “there is no immediately change in the situation.”

Making peace means that you are at peace with the situation in which you’ve placed yourself. When you’re really at peace with this situation, you would be allowing all your wanted reasons that you had when you decided to place yourself in this situation to support and to soothe you. When you’re really at peace with this situation, you might be able to see how your grandmother is reaching for her own relief (just as you’re reaching for your own), how her times up and her asking are opportunities for you to fulfill some of your wanted reasons for your decision to stay with her.

You’re not going to turn on a dime. You’re not going to be able to switch from the pushing against that you've been describing for us here (and it’s all right that you’ve been describing that for us here) to real peace with where you are. You’re just not. But you can begin the process and we can talk more about it here, if you think that would be helpful for you.

Now, making peace with where you are (physically and vibrationally) can help you to soothe some of those thoughts that I had put in your mouth above. You can use your wanted reasons for making your decision to stay with your grandmother to help actually soothe the thoughts that I had put in your mouth above. Then you would have felt better than by simply repeating your story that you had posted here, which did address your earlier troubling thoughts on this topic but which don't really address that troubling thoughts (if you were thinking them) that I had put in your mouth above, do you see?

When I can't sleep, I make peace with it, do the work. I see the advantages in that moment. So, maybe this has nothing to do with it, but: When I do the work at night and she wants something, and I give it to her, then I go to couch and THEN she moans again, that she want this and that. And often she wants the exactly thing what I gave her 2 minutes ago, because she forgot. I accept that she forget this. It is ok. When I give it to her, she waits until I get to the couch, and I lay and then she askes again. What I've done then is, that I've done NOTHING. I just ignored it. I only seeked to soothe myself MENTALLY.

There are two things I want to say to you about this.

The first is (and you heard me when I talked about some of this above) that these experiences are manifestations of a vibration you’ve been offering all day. IOW, they aren’t manifesting because of the vibration that you were offering when you lay down on the couch.

What you’re talking about here, in part, is momentum. Abraham sometimes explain momentum with a story of a car perched atop of a steep San Francisco hill (Have you seen them?) with its brakes off. If you were to nudge that car atop the hill, you can imagine that it would very quickly start barrel down that very steep hill. Imagine that you were at the bottom of that hill, trying to stop that car with your outstretched hands. Your logic and your knowledge of physics tell you that this is very probably not a very wise thing for you to do. You know that the momentum of the car is likely to run you over or sweep you along with it into San Francisco Bay. Now, if you were to catch that same car, at the top of the hill, before it has developed any significant momentum, you can often stop the car easily and comfortably at that point.

Let’s apply Abraham’s story of the car on the San Francisco hill to your story here. In the moment when you lay down on the couch or when she is asking and moaning, that’s the car barreling down the San Francisco hill. At that point, you’re at the bottom of the hill, trying to stop that car with your arms outstretched. Your vibrational choices at that moment are much more limited. That doesn’t mean you can’t soothe yourself (you can) so that this experience can be more comfortable to you than other similar manifestations. But it’s highly unlikely that you’re going to be able to stop this powerful momentum. But you can--and this is important--soothe yourself so that you can have a more comfortable experience. (It’s also a good time to “collect data,” to observe the thoughts you’re in the habit of thinking when she’s asking and moaning, so that you can do your “work” later, at some other time when she’s not around or when she’s not asking and moaning and waking you up.)

The other thing I want to point out--and you’ll get this because we’ve discussed it above--is that you’re not effectively making peace in this story. If you had effectively made peace, it is unlikely that you would be ignoring here. (And you may take the action of ignoring her, but if you pay attention to what you’re really doing at that time, you may well see that you’re actually paying a good bit of attention to her vibrationally, wondering if she’s going to ask another question or moan some more or wondering how long you’ll have to “ignore” her, etc. And if you’re doing that, that’s resistance...resistance...resistance that you’re throwing upon your trail, which BTW can delay your own falling back to sleep.)

So, maybe it would be helpful for you if you talked more about your making peace, so that we can help you more effectively make peace with this situation.

So, how should I see the action here?

What do you mean?

Going back to our discussion about the car on the San Francisco hill, the action is probably going to play out in the way that it’s going to play out. That car was set in motion long before both of you have laid down to sleep. And as I mentioned above, in the midst of momentum, your choices are limited. That’s why Abraham also explain momentum with the story of falling out of an airplane without a parachute. At that point, your choices of action are limited. The good news is that action really isn’t as important as most people think it is. So, Abraham’s reply focuses on the vibration, which is way more important than most people (maybe you?) are willing to admit. “Hang on! It’ll be over soon,” they tell us. This idea can provide relief for many.

But as you continue to do your vibrational “work” and as you more effectively shift yourself towards your alignment and are able to sustain that new vibration, two things happen:

First, you’re setting into motion a different kind of momentum, which will produce different manifestations for you with different and more comfortable options for you.

Secondly, because you’ve turned yourself to a different vibrational frequency, then you’ll have available different options of action. The actions to which you’ll be inspired from--say--the vibration of Resentment are going to be very different from the actions to which you’ll be inspired from--say--a vibration of Acceptance or of Caring or of Love.

Is it only a matter of time that this manifestation will be "cleared" and all sleep happy and deep forever (for the night hehe)?

There’s the trap that you’re setting for yourself again.

It’s not about getting Grandma to sleep through the night. You don’t get to choose that for her. She creates her own reality. And you understand that intellectually because you were asking us about her free will earlier on. You also understand from your current experience that you really don’t have any leverage over what she chooses (or how she chooses) to create in her reality.

The point of these teachings is that you can feel better in spite of whatever reality she chooses to create. Might she wake you up in the middle of the night? Sure. And you want that. You want to be helpful to her. You want her to be with familiar, helpful, caring co-operative components in her life, particularly at this stage of her life. I know you do.

But you can (and these teachings and Processes) can help you feel better regardless of what or how she’s creating in her reality. And, for you, that might mean better quality of your sleep or less resistance throughout your day, which is what makes us tired in the first place or it might mean being quickly awake and then quickly back to sleep as you need to be or….

These are all different from the trap that you’ve set for yourself above.

I thought about last night, that this 2 hour "to-fall-asleep"-session started at 0 am (she went to bed earlier but needed to go to toilette or something) could never end before I (or she?) am/is ready or on my/her "goal"-vibration to sleep.

As you can tell from my replies, I would strongly urge you to find a different intention.

Thank you very much, skylark! Yes, I try to do my best to be as honest as possible. Nobody gets a thing if I am "doing a show" and don't say what I mean really.

Today she woke up again in the night, but 1. earlier than before and 2. the started sleeping in like nothing, she was quiet after some minutes! That was really awesome! Is this a result of the of the work?
    You tell us. What does your emotional guidance tell you? Does it feel better for you to think of this as a result of your “work”? Or does it feel better for you to think of your “work” not working?

Pop quiz time: what does a BFT indicate?

I am a little bit suprised because I was taught (not in the Abraham Hicks Teachings) that the change better feeling to manifestation will take some time...

Really? Where did you read/hear that? Not from Abraham.

... but this was fast. What can we achieve when this will change things so fast?!

Haven’t they written that we can have our manifestations in as little as 68 seconds? They’ve actually revised that number so that it’s now less than 64 seconds.

Abraham have repeatedly told us “It will come, and it will come fast.”

Because I live with my grandmother someone of my family I sometimes don't want to see for some reasons wants to see my grandmother. No problem with that. I really get negative emotions when I get a message, that he wants to come over later. I said ok. But then, he did not show up. I got really angry about that. But then, I took out my EGS and looked for a feeling above the one I was feeling. I thought, that I can't rely on him and everything he does pissed me off! So I choose "blame" ("He is the reason I feel really shitty! He can't do anything I want from him!") and then choose the feeling doubt: "I doubt that he will never will get it, he just want understand my situation!" and then I distracted and focused on something totally different. It worked then. Interesting for me.

Good for you!

Now you know you have another topic on which you can practice your “work.” With regard to that Process that you did, there seem to be two main ways of doing that Process. Both seem to be effective. Some people like to take one thought up the Scale at a time--just like you did. Other people like to do a whole bunch of thoughts and move them up one level of the Scale each day. As I said, they both have their advantages.

I’ve personally found (and, of course, your experience can be different) that when I have a complicated topic or a topic with a lot of history and a lot of supporting stories, I prefer to move all those thoughts/history/stories up the Scale at once. This means that I take as much as I can up from Hatred/Rage to Revenge (for example) and spend my day doing that one move up the Scale. The next day I might have more thoughts/history/stories to move up from Hatred/Rage to Revenge. Or to find more thoughts of Revenge on that next day, as long as my thoughts of Revenge feel better to me.

When Revenge no longer feel better to me, then I know I’m ready to move up the Scale again. So, I will on the next day move my thoughts/history/stories from Revenge to Anger. And so on. It might be a slower Process in this way, but I find it helps me make more stable shifts on these complicated topics. Play around with both ways and see what works for you.

So, I have done my work the whole day and would say that this day - of course not everything - was in a good vibration. Last night I slept like 5 hours straight, so it was much better than the nights before.

But now (now it's quiet, finally), I was not able to sleep for like 4 hours. Means, I did not start sleeping at all, so, this is the hardest night of all. I feel like a train was driving over my head.

So, what went wrong? Why did the work not "worked"? So it only can be because I focused (not intentionally) on the lack end of the stick the whole time?

Who knows? Because notice that you are observing and reporting to us the conditions but asking about your vibrational work. It’s hard to figure out what you’re doing vibrationally when you’re looking to your conditions. You want to the thoughts that you’re thinking and to how you’re feeling, rather than what’s physically going on. You’re very aware of what’s physically going on. That’s understandable. But that intense awareness is also getting in your way.

For example, it would be typical (although unhelpful) for someone in your position in this story to count

“Ugh! It’s been 30 minutes and I’m not yet asleep. I’m not comfortable. My head hurts. I bet I’m not going to sleep anytime soon... Ugh! It’s been 1 ½ hours and I’m still not asleep. What’s wrong with me? What did I do wrong? And my head still hurts. Let me see if I can describe it. It’s like a pounding pressure thing going on. No, that’s not right but it just doesn’t feel good…Ugh! It’s now 3 hours!!!! And I’m still awake and my head hurts like it’s in a vice and they been ratcheting it down and squeezing really hard and I’m going to feel like crap and I’m worried about the neighbors and I really don’t need them and….”

All of that is going to prevent you from falling asleep and you know that there are many more thoughts in between all those …’s which all keep you awake.

I can understand her in some ways but I know now that the neighbor waked up, in a Saturday night. They are going to kill us tomorrow.
    So, you have some guidance in the form of Fear or Worry. How can you soothe those thoughts?

Some thoughts why this went so terrible wrong?

When a baby is learning how to walk and it falls down, is that something that goes terribly wrong?

Because it can’t feel good for you to tell yourself your “terribly wrong” story. And it seems to me that you were able to sleep more than you were awake, so you have a Wanted/Having-of-It end of the stick that you can focus on rather than the Unwanted/Lack-or-Absence end of the stick that you are now focusing on.

And isn’t that part of the learning experience? Seeing that you have some habits of which you weren’t yet aware so that now you can start to play with different habits you can begin to practice in the place of your unwanted habits?

Thank you WellBeing! I will re-re-read your post because it is a massive post. I find this really interesting and I think that this topic will help me tremendously in understanding and applying this teaching.

But let me make a conclusion of what this process will make happen, what the benefits are
    - I feel better with less sleep in this manifestation
    - The manifestation, so my grandmother will not change because she is a vibrational being and she creates her own reality like everyone else
    - I will suffer, but I feel good while I suffer (because when my body says "I need sleep" and gets no sleep it equals suffering I would say), because my grandmother will not change, so I will 100 % get waked up at night multiple times, but will feel better.

What I read now in "The Vortex" is, that we have the ideal "you" in our vibrational escrow, and we hinder our ideal "you" to be our physical you by not feeling good, by having resistance. And when our vibration changes, so, when we feel better long enough, the manifestation must change. It is law. Our physical you is now near our vibrational "you". And this is my goal here: feeling better, until I feel only good on this topic. And then, the manifestation changes (that is the plus). But, and maybe I get this wrong, but does your post not say that this situation will never change, even if I feel better about this situation? Because my grandmother creates her own reality. You see, I can't see how in long term I will be able to feel better and better about this.

Like: "Each day you get a minimum of food (sleep). Probably it will get lesser and lesser (less sleep). You can learn to feel good about this but you will die (because so less sleep, that I can't refuel), because the amount of food will not be enough to sustain your body." Hm.

So in the end I will feel better - I can see that this is definitely possible and doable with practise. But when I feel really good about this topic the manifestation MUST change?! The manifestation is NOT the cause of my well being, yes, but this situation won't change? I am sorry but this is what I read out of your post. On this premise I can feel good as possible but I will get up at night like forever, what will definitely cause pain in the long term. I can do the work the whole day and I would even do that more and more intense but if I "only" feel good about this topic but I won't be able to sleep again, than this makes big sense? Do you get what I mean? I can't see how "feeling good about this topic" and "this manifestation" can be in harmony, be on the same wavelength. Yes, I want feel good, but I don't see this possible when there is no sleep in the equation or another way, to make this happen. Maybe it is a problem in this communication here, that we focus to hard on my grandmother. When we think that she does not exist, but my vibration would be the same, then I WOULD HAVE the absolutely same experience as I am now experiencing with this sleep situation. And my change in the feelings would make everything better.

Maybe we think the same things but say it in so different ways, that this causes a communicationproblem?

I only wanted to wrote 1 or two sentences, oh my..
    Last edited by Klassik; 01-23-2017 at 04:41 PM. Reason: add paragraph about food.

Old thought, I say Anger or even Rage: "Why do I have this negative medical condition? I did what I always did and the dose was the same but my blood levels are increased g*d da** it!"

I took the book AAIIG and leafed through the processes and found the process #21 "Reclaiming One's Natural State of Health" very suitable for this. I then took my little "work"-booklet and wrote in their the sentences. I got disturbed while doing it but I stayed on course and finished and I feel definitely better now. I read that again after and now everything is better now. I translated the sentences in my mother language while writing them.

There was one point, maybe you can say something about it what that mean? I am not really sure: "My Inner Being is intricately aware of my physical body." The translation says that it means something like "complicated". I don't understand that sentence.

@WellBeing, I haven't forgotten your big post, will come to that later.
    Last edited by Klassik; 01-24-2017 at 09:40 AM. Reason: highlighted the process

There was one point, maybe you can say something about it what that mean? I am not really sure: "My Inner Being is intricately aware of my physical body." The translation says that it means something like "complicated". I don't understand that sentence.

When Abraham say that your IB is “intricately” aware of your physical body, they mean that your IB is aware of your physical body on all levels. There isn’t a single atom, molecule, cell, organ or process in your body that your IB isn’t interested in. It’s involved in all of that. It’s deeply interested in all of that. It’s tending to your Vortex version of all of that and focusing constantly on your Vortex versions of all of that.

@WellBeing, I haven't forgotten your big post, will come to that later.

Whenever you’d like. This is your practice thread. I’m simply answering your questions.

I took the book AAIIG and leafed through the processes and found the process #21 "Reclaiming One's Natural State of Health" very suitable for this. I then took my little "work"-booklet and wrote in their the sentences. I got disturbed while doing it...[Emphasis mine--WB.]
    So, you had some guidance indicating that you had some resistant thoughts at one point (I've highlighted that for you). Good for you.

Now, you don't mention this but if you can recall your disturbing thoughts at that point, you could start to soothe and to shift those thoughts so that they would be less disturbing to you.

Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    You’re assessing your “work” and its effectiveness by your manifestations rather than feeling better, which is the real key. To make sure you can see that, I’ve highlighted in bold font where and how you were doing that.

This isn’t a magic trick to get Grandma to sleep. There aren't some magic words or magic exercise that will do that. (Well, if there are, they are off-topic for this forum.) This is about you feeling better about the situation that you are in.
    OK, she creates her own reality and my only goal ist to feel better. You know it is easier for some reason to see this as my only goal in my daily life.

“Here I am again. I wonder if I'll get to sleep. I wonder if she'll get to sleep. And will she stay asleep? Am I going to get any rest tonight? How many times is she going to wake up? How many farts will I be asked about? I know I've been doing my 'work’ about this topic. I've asked some good questions and gotten some good answers but I don't know if I buy those answers. They tell me to feel better but I can't feel better unless/until she falls and stays asleep. Then if be able to fall asleep and maybe get the rest that I need….”
    Yes I observed that, too. And yes this is more or less what happened in this situation. That is a reason why I tried thinking better feeling thoughts. I think this because right now I can't see my feeling better unlinked to the situation. But more to that later.

So, which story did you tell yourself, again and again? This one?

Yes.

I’m sorry, but not yet, you haven’t. You may be saying the words or you may be tolerating where you are. But those aren’t making peace with where you are. Making peace with where you feels very different from what you’re reporting to us. If you were effectively making peace with where you are, then it wouldn’t matter to you if “there is no immediately change in the situation.”

Making peace means that you are at peace with the situation in which you’ve placed yourself. When you’re really at peace with this situation, you would be allowing all your wanted reasons that you had when you decided to place yourself in this situation to support and to soothe you. When you’re really at peace with this situation, you might be able to see how your grandmother is reaching for her own relief (just as you’re reaching for your own), how her times up and her asking are opportunities for you to fulfill some of your wanted reasons for your decision to stay with her.
    I am sorry what do you mean with "wanted reasons". Do you mean reasons why I choose to stay with her? Because the sentence "...in this situation to support and to soothe you." I don't understand that. I choose this situation to soothe me? Why would I do that?

Hm, when she is soothing herself and I can't do anything do to help her, how can my action at night help her?

And yes that is what I have done after you told me that in a earlier post, seeing that she is trying to soothe the situation. I really could see that more the time also during day.

You’re not going to turn on a dime. You’re not going to be able to switch from the pushing against that you've been describing for us here (and it’s all right that you’ve been describing that for us here) to real peace with where you are. You’re just not. But you can begin the process and we can talk more about it here, if you think that would be helpful for you.

Yes, that would be great.

Now, making peace with where you are (physically and vibrationally) can help you to soothe some of those thoughts that I had put in your mouth above. You can use your wanted reasons for making your decision to stay with your grandmother to help actually soothe the thoughts that I had put in your mouth above. Then you would have felt better than by simply repeating your story that you had posted here, which did address your earlier troubling thoughts on this topic but which don't really address that troubling thoughts (if you were thinking them) that I had put in your mouth above, do you see?
    Yes and no. I really want to make peace in this situation. But, my understanding was, that I can do whatever makes me feel better, even think about a total differen topic.

There are two things I want to say to you about this.

The first is (and you heard me when I talked about some of this above) that these experiences are manifestations of a vibration you’ve been offering all day. IOW, they aren’t manifesting because of the vibration that you were offering when you lay down on the couch.
    OK.

What you’re talking about here, in part, is momentum. Abraham sometimes explain momentum with a story of a car perched atop of a steep San Francisco hill

(Have you seen them?)
    Isn't it in the intro of full house? But yes I know.

with its brakes off. If you were to nudge that car atop the hill, you can imagine that it would very quickly start barrel down that very steep hill. Imagine that you were at the bottom of that hill, trying to stop that car with your outstretched hands. Your logic and your knowledge of physics tell you that this is very probably not a very wise thing for you to do. You know that the momentum of the car is likely to run you over or sweep you along with it into San Francisco Bay. Now, if you were to catch that same car, at the top of the hill, before it has developed any significant momentum, you can often stop the car easily and comfortably at that point.

Let’s apply Abraham’s story of the car on the San Francisco hill to your story here. In the moment when you lay down on the couch or when she is asking and moaning, that’s the car barreling down the San Francisco hill. At that point, you’re at the bottom of the hill, trying to stop that car with your arms outstretched. Your vibrational choices at that moment are much more limited. That doesn’t mean you can’t soothe yourself (you can) so that this experience can be more comfortable to you than other similar manifestations. But it’s highly unlikely that you’re going to be able to stop this powerful momentum. But you can--and this is important--soothe yourself so that you can have a more comfortable experience. (It’s also a good time to “collect data,” to observe the thoughts you’re in the habit of thinking when she’s asking and moaning, so that you can do your “work” later, at some other time when she’s not around or when she’s not asking and moaning and waking you up.)
    Oh so I can't "clean" or work the EGS at this point in the night to the green parts of the scale but I can feel better, even if this is just a little bit. I can clean, over time the topic with the work before the momentum kicks in at night. Right?

I started doing the collecting data thing, and it resulted in what I wrote above with that I probably fear that the neighbors come and kick my ass. So when this would a lonely house in the middle of nowhere this would be no point for me. I have mixed feelings here.

The other thing I want to point out--and you’ll get this because we’ve discussed it above--is that you’re not effectively making peace in this story. If you had effectively made peace, it is unlikely that you would be ignoring here. (And you may take the action of ignoring her, but if you pay attention to what you’re really doing at that time, you may well see that you’re actually paying a good bit of attention to her vibrationally, wondering if she’s going to ask another question or moan some more or wondering how long you’ll have to “ignore” her, etc. And if you’re doing that, that’s resistance...resistance...resistance that you’re throwing upon your trail, which BTW can delay your own falling back to sleep.)

I have looked closer and what I listen to is if she is getting louder and louder to stop her, before it's too late. Because I know that I could give her 2 hours straight her pills because she forgot that she got them so that I can ignore that moaning and start sleeping.

So, maybe it would be helpful for you if you talked more about your making peace, so that we can help you more effectively make peace with this situation.
    Yes I will do this in another post because this would be to big.

What do you mean?
    Hey-ey // When you don't want me to move //But you tell me to go...

I mean how to take action, if I should stand up, lay down, stand up, lay down and go to her for 2 hours or to ignore her or how to handle the situation. It is not always about pills, often she thinks that she is 40 years younger and her husband has cheated on her and when I talk to her she wants to know the "truth" from me and I avoid that by not talking to her. Then I hear her soothing herself with crying and whatever. Please don't think I am an asshole her by letting her do that on her own.

Going back to our discussion about the car on the San Francisco hill, the action is probably going to play out in the way that it’s going to play out. That car was set in motion long before both of you have laid down to sleep. And as I mentioned above, in the midst of momentum, your choices are limited. That’s why Abraham also explain momentum with the story of falling out of an airplane without a parachute. At that point, your choices of action are limited. The good news is that action really isn’t as important as most people think it is. So, Abraham’s reply focuses on the vibration, which is way more important than most people (maybe you?) are willing to admit. “Hang on! It’ll be over soon,” they tell us. This idea can provide relief for many.
    I see. That's because I am doing the work.

But as you continue to do your vibrational “work” and as you more effectively shift yourself towards your alignment and are able to sustain that new vibration, two things happen:

First, you’re setting into motion a different kind of momentum, which will produce different manifestations for you with different and more comfortable options for you.
    THIS. I really love this teachings and the whole idea of vibrations as the 99 % of the equation. And, when I start feeling better and better about this without the situation changed, that this situation MUST change. But then it is not neccesary. But.. The "but" I will post at the end of my reply.
    Secondly, because you’ve turned yourself to a different vibrational frequency, then you’ll have available different options of action. The actions to which you’ll be inspired from--say--the vibration of Resentment are going to be very different from the actions to which you’ll be inspired from--say--a vibration of Acceptance or of Caring or of Love.
    I can see this totally! Really, I do. I had to correct my answer here multiple times because I have to really think about his. I will try to do this and build my way up there. But lets say she is loud and the neighbors start to complain? So for me there are parts I can't control.

There’s the trap that you’re setting for yourself again.

It’s not about getting Grandma to sleep through the night. You don’t get to choose that for her. She creates her own reality. And you understand that intellectually because you were asking us about her free will earlier on. You also understand from your current experience that you really don’t have any leverage over what she chooses (or how she chooses) to create in her reality.
    Yes. But I always see the parts that affects ME. I feel better, I threat her nights with love and not with anger. But she is loud and that affects me in some way. Hm, what part of the teachings I miss that I don't get that?

The point of these teachings is that you can feel better in spite of whatever reality she chooses to create. Might she wake you up in the middle of the night? Sure. And you want that. You want to be helpful to her. You want her to be with familiar, helpful, caring co-operative components in her life, particularly at this stage of her life. I know you do.
    Yes, but not when I suffer. But as I have no choice in whether I will sleep or don't sleep I have to feel better about this and I am going to do this this night. It's the best choice. I WILL wake up so I have to make the best out of it.

But you can (and these teachings and Processes) can help you feel better regardless of what or how she’s creating in her reality. And, for you, that might mean better quality of your sleep or less resistance throughout your day, which is what makes us tired in the first place or it might mean being quickly awake and then quickly back to sleep as you need to be or….

These are all different from the trap that you’ve set for yourself above.

As I said I will do what ever I can to feel better now at nights and don't want the condition to change.

You tell us. What does your emotional guidance tell you? Does it feel better for you to think of this as a result of your “work”? Or does it feel better for you to think of your “work” not working?
    Of course the first.

Pop quiz time: what does a BFT indicate?
    That it feels worse??? No kidding, better! BETTER!

Really? Where did you read/hear that? Not from Abraham.
    No, not from Abraham. That is one point that makes me feel much more relaxed about the whole thing. Earlier, not in this teaching, I was told that this will be a long ride much taking action.

Haven’t they written that we can have our manifestations in as little as 68 seconds? They’ve actually revised that number so that it’s now less than 64 seconds.
    Awesome!
    Abraham have repeatedly told us “It will come, and it will come fast.”
    I made this a post-it on my monitor.

Good for you!
    I will telling you something. Sometimes when we are ONLY talking about the feeling is changing I get the idea that this process of doing the work won't change my life at all. That everything is the same in my life, besides, that I now feel better about the things. I know you know what I mean because you probably heard that thousands of times here on the forum. Can you help me with a way to see this differently? I did not see this from the beginning, but now its like: "You will get lashes for the rest of your life but you will feel better. You will feel love for the situations that causes you pain but you feel better." I did not see it in the begining, I thought at some point the situation clears up and is an equivalent to the vibration I am offering. I really see now after reading and reading this post that feeling better is the best I can do now and I will do that.

Now you know you have another topic on which you can practice your “work.” With regard to that Process that you did, there seem to be two main ways of doing that Process. Both seem to be effective. Some people like to take one thought up the Scale at a time--just like you did. Other people like to do a whole bunch of thoughts and move them up one level of the Scale each day. As I said, they both have their advantages.

I’ve personally found (and, of course, your experience can be different) that when I have a complicated topic or a topic with a lot of history and a lot of supporting stories, I prefer to move all those thoughts/history/stories up the Scale at once. This means that I take as much as I can up from Hatred/Rage to Revenge (for example) and spend my day doing that one move up the Scale. The next day I might have more thoughts/history/stories to move up from Hatred/Rage to Revenge. Or to find more thoughts of Revenge on that next day, as long as my thoughts of Revenge feel better to me.

When Revenge no longer feel better to me, then I know I’m ready to move up the Scale again. So, I will on the next day move my thoughts/history/stories from Revenge to Anger. And so on. It might be a slower Process in this way, but I find it helps me make more stable shifts on these complicated topics. Play around with both ways and see what works for you.
    Interesting, this is obviously some advanced stuff here, to do more thoughts from the same story at once. I find this interesting because a ultra-professionell in this teaching needs to do the work after so long time on this. I mean, that this never ends.
    Who knows? Because notice that you are observing and reporting to us the conditions but asking about your vibrational work. It’s hard to figure out what you’re doing vibrationally when you’re looking to your conditions. You want to the thoughts that you’re thinking and to how you’re feeling, rather than what’s physically going on. You’re very aware of what’s physically going on. That’s understandable. But that intense awareness is also getting in your way.

For example, it would be typical (although unhelpful) for someone in your position in this story to count

“Ugh! It’s been 30 minutes and I’m not yet asleep. I’m not comfortable. My head hurts. I bet I’m not going to sleep anytime soon... Ugh! It’s been 1 ½ hours and I’m still not asleep. What’s wrong with me? What did I do wrong? And my head still hurts. Let me see if I can describe it. It’s like a pounding pressure thing going on. No, that’s not right but it just doesn’t feel good…Ugh! It’s now 3 hours!!!! And I’m still awake and my head hurts like it’s in a vice and they been ratcheting it down and squeezing really hard and I’m going to feel like crap and I’m worried about the neighbors and I really don’t need them and….”

All of that is going to prevent you from falling asleep and you know that there are many more thoughts in between all those …’s which all keep you awake.
    Had to laugh while reading this! HAHA! OMG so smiling right now. Yeah it's silly, the best I can do is to feel better.

So, you have some guidance in the form of Fear or Worry. How can you soothe those thoughts?
    To think a thought that is feeling better than this or to use a process to guide me towards a better feeling place. Yes I see.

But, and that is what I wanted to reffer earlier, is, that some physical manifestation have real consequences like this example with the neighbors. "(smiling) Yeah she is singing and shouting but I feel nice! Sorry, that you can't sleep! Maybe you should tell your boss that you got beaten down if he asks you why you look like you had no sleep last night?!" I sure can't see this right now and probably need more time to understand this. At the same time I think that my neighbors or who else NEEDS to make this experience because they vibrate on this frequencies and when I am not the manifestor (or my grandmother) for them than it is someone else.

When a baby is learning how to walk and it falls down, is that something that goes terribly wrong?
    No.Hm.
    Because it can’t feel good for you to tell yourself your “terribly wrong” story. And it seems to me that you were able to sleep more than you were awake, so you have a Wanted/Having-of-It end of the stick that you can focus on rather than the Unwanted/Lack-or-Absence end of the stick that you are now focusing on.

And isn’t that part of the learning experience? Seeing that you have some habits of which you weren’t yet aware so that now you can start to play with different habits you can begin to practice in the place of your unwanted habits?
    Yes.I see that. Iam really looking forward for thenext hours (its 10pm here) after thisreading and replying.

Thank you very very much!