Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 226

Thread: The work, make progress in my emotions using Emotional Guidance System - step by step

  1. #21
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,192
    I'm going to chop my reply in pieces so that maybe it'll be easier for you to take in:

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    OK, she creates her own reality and my only goal ist to feel better. You know it is easier for some reason to see this as my only goal in my daily life.

    It does make things easier, doesn’t it? Good for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    Yes I observed that, too. And yes this is more or less what happened in this situation. That is a reason why I tried thinking better feeling thoughts. I think this because right now I can't see my feeling better unlinked to the situation. But more to that later.
    The good news is that you don’t need to see that right now. You can simply remind yourself that it is possible (or that you have heard Abraham or others tell you that it’s possible) for you to feel better without needing the situation to change first. That reminder alone might bring you a little bit of ease.

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    Making peace means that you are at peace with the situation in which you’ve placed yourself. When you’re really at peace with this situation, you would be allowing all your wanted reasons that you had when you decided to place yourself in this situation to support and to soothe you. When you’re really at peace with this situation, you might be able to see how your grandmother is reaching for her own relief (just as you’re reaching for your own), how her times up and her asking are opportunities for you to fulfill some of your wanted reasons for your decision to stay with her.
    I am sorry what do you mean with "wanted reasons". Do you mean reasons why I choose to stay with her? Because the sentence "...in this situation to support and to soothe you." I don't understand that. I choose this situation to soothe me? Why would I do that?
    Let me explain this with an example and you’ll get it:

    So, I have a job and I got to a workplace almost every day to do that job. Let’s say that at that job I had a bad boss. (Fortunately, I don’t, but let’s just say that.) Now, I choose to go to that job and that workplace. And, of course, there are some societal and financial pressures which influence my decision but it is still my decision. No one else is making it for me. And I make that decision because there are way more wanted aspects for me to go to that job than there are unwanted aspects for me going to that job. That’s what we do when we make decisions, right?

    Now, let’s say today I’m at work and my bad boss is being the bad boss according to my story. Now, I can focus on what he’s doing and using my experience today to add to and to practice my bad boss story. That’s sort of what most people all do, right? (And then they blog and tweet and post on FB and call one another about it, too. But let’s not go there.) That’s probably going to create a “worse” feeling for me. That’s certainly going to add more unwanted momentum to this unwanted situation for me. You get that, I’m sure.

    Or I can remind myself that I chose to go to my job today (I take back some of my power there) and I chose to go to my job because I like what I do, because I’m really good at doing what I do (and I like being good at what I choose to do), because I see the value in what I do (not just to me but to the people with whom I come in contact), because I like to have the money and the benefits I get from my job, because I enjoy the physical space in which I work, because I enjoy my co-workers and clients, because…. So, as I shift my attention away from my bad boss towards all my wanted reasons for going to work, I will feel better than when I focus on my bad boss whom I do not want. Does that make sense to you?

    Now, I’m not doing that to get him to change. I’m doing it because my shift in my focus will make me feel better about being in a place where I have put myself. I know that I have an option: I can allow my focus on that one unwanted aspect of my job to upstage all the wanted aspects of a job I like and want or I can use the powers of my focus to focus on those wanted aspects. As I focus on my wanted aspects, my wanted aspects upstage this one unwanted aspect. And I practice that focus and that upstaging so that my boss becomes a smaller and smaller part of that overall experience? When that happens, I might even then have the flexibility to start to change my story about him so that I don’t have to create more “bad boss” in my experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    Hm, when she is soothing herself and I can't do anything do to help her, how can my action at night help her?

    I didn’t say that you can’t do anything to help her. I didn’t say that you can’t do anything that she didn’t want. She gets to choose.

    There’s much that she wants for herself that you want for her, too. You’re just not yet focusing on that. But you can and you will.

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    And yes that is what I have done after you told me that in a earlier post, seeing that she is trying to soothe the situation. I really could see that more the time also during day.

    Great. Good for you!

  2. #22
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,192

    Another piece, for when you're ready for it

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    But, my understanding was, that I can do whatever makes me feel better, even think about a total differen topic.
    Your understanding is correct, but only one piece of the puzzle. So, let’s pick this apart some....

    Yes, thinking about a totally different topic can be one way of feeling better. When you wrote that story that you had posted here, because grandma’s waking and moaning and whathaveyou wasn’t all up in your face, your story when you wrote it soothed you, because you were able to easily shift your focus from one thing in your imagination to another thing in your imagination. That was an easy shift for you to accomplish.

    However, when you were reciting or repeating your story on the subsequent night, you were repeating your story in the face of thoughts that were similar to the one that I had posted above just recently. So, in the face of those thoughts, your story only reminded you of how you weren’t getting your sleep and how tired you’d be tomorrow and didn’t find the relief.

    Abraham teach us that even when we get off a topic, we leave your vibration right where we left it. That’s an understandable idea in the physical world. If you’re working at your desk and put down your pencil to pick up a pen, your pencil pretty much remains right where you last left it. It’s the same thing with vibration.

    So, the next time she gets up or farts or moans or whatever, chances are that you’re going to go right back to your habitual thoughts that you’ve been thinking about those things. That's what habits do and that’s been your experience that you’ve been describing to us here. And that’s understandable to me. So, whilst shifting your thoughts to another topic altogether can bring you relief in some moments and that relief counts, you’re going to also want to shift your thoughts about your grandmother situation as well. Getting your focus/attention off of grandma as your only vibrational strategy isn’t going to be enough. (My statement here might seem like it contradicts something you have heard Abraham say. If that’s the case, we can discuss that later, but for now, I want to hold the focus that we have going on here.) So, it’s sort of a two-step dance (if you will) and your emotional guidance system can help you decide which step you’ll do when. That's why Abraham call it "the art of allowing." It really is an art, which you will get the hang of as you play around with it some. That's why we encourage Forum friends, like yourself, to actually do the "work," like you've been doing here, so you can teach yourself your art of allowing.


    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    Isn't it in the intro of full house?
    Haha. Nah, that was a “baby” one. I’m thinking more like this:

    (Fortunately, since this is a Practicing thread, I can post that image here. )

  3. #23
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,192

    Yet another piece (Pace yourself)

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    Oh so I can't "clean" or work the EGS at this point in the night to the green parts of the scale but I can feel better, even if this is just a little bit. I can clean, over time the topic with the work before the momentum kicks in at night. Right?
    Exactly.

    Plus you can use your knowledge of momentum and that story (of the car on the San Francisco hill) to soothe yourself in that moment. You can let yourself off the hook some for when your “car” is barreling down that hill at you. You can understand that sometimes getting out of the way of that car, once it’s gotten going, is the smartest and most helpful thing you can do for yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    I started doing the collecting data thing, and it resulted in what I wrote above with that I probably fear that the neighbors come and kick my ass. So when this would a lonely house in the middle of nowhere this would be no point for me. I have mixed feelings here.
    That’s good, that you have identified that thought for yourself. And this is where the “data collection” thing comes in handy because we seldom ever think a single thought in isolation about a subject. Normally, it’s a whole bunch of thoughts that Abraham (and I) call a story. You know this, too, on this topic because you’re telling us that you’re having “mixed feelings.” Your mixed feelings are coming from the variety of thoughts that you’re thinking about your neighbors and how they tie into this larger grandma situation.

    And the good news is that you don’t have to find or identify all those thoughts all at once. That’s what the data collecting is helpful with. You can collect what you can collect and, when you’re ready to actually do your vibrational “work” on your story about your neighbors, you’ll have some ideas already handy for you. That way you don’t have to wait until you dredge up your memories yourself or until the neighbors are complaining to you to shift some of your thoughts about them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    I have looked closer and what I listen to is if she is getting louder and louder to stop her, before it's too late. Because I know that I could give her 2 hours straight her pills because she forgot that she got them so that I can ignore that moaning and start sleeping.
    So, you’re learning more and more how to take care of her and of yourself at the same time. Good for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    Hey-ey // When you don't want me to move //But you tell me to go...

    I mean how to take action, if I should stand up, lay down, stand up, lay down and go to her for 2 hours or to ignore her or how to handle the situation.
    Any action you take is far less important than your vibrational alignment as you take your action. You have to take action; I get it. You've put yourself there in that situation, in part, to take action. You want to take good care of your grandmother. There's no doubt of that. So, continue to take care of her--to take action--in the best ways you can think of in that moment. Continue to do the best job that you know how to do for her.

    But you might enjoy knowing that, as you continue to do your “work” and shift your vibration, you will get different and better ideas of what you can do for her. That's something that you've both put in each of your Vortices. Your improved vibration will give you access to those ideas. They'll be part of your manifestations. For example, from a place of alignment, you might think of the “right" words to say to her (even if you had already said them to her in the past) in the “right” way that she can use them to find her own relief.

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    Then I hear her soothing herself with crying and whatever. Please don't think I am an asshole her by letting her do that on her own.
    That idea never crossed my mind. I know that's not what's going on here.

    Now here's something for you to keep in mind for yourself: When you're OotV and in the grips of unwanted momentum (that car barreling down that San Francisco hill), you're not likely to console her. Our helpful and effective consolation always comes from our alignment. When we're OotV, our words--even the pretty ones--just sound like “blah blah blah” or--worse--are annoying. So sometimes, in your OotV times, the smartest and most helpful thing you could do for her might be to keep your grumpiness away from her. And, of course, with the understanding that you don't leave her in any dangerous situation, which I know you wouldn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    ...So, Abraham’s reply focuses on the vibration, which is way more important than most people (maybe you?) are willing to admit. “Hang on! It’ll be over soon,” they tell us. This idea can provide relief for many.
    I see. That's because I am doing the work.
    Well, the momentum would Peter out even if you weren't doing the “work.”

    But your “work” is helping you to not create as much negative momentum for you to get caught up in.

  4. #24
    Klassik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    193
    Thank you WellBeing! I like that some points in your answers I figured out myself. For example, I read in "The Vortex" two (?) days ago not to take action when I am OotV (not sure if she used this term) and I did it 2 days ago at night after the post. There was a point a felt shitty and from the experience of the days before and her behavior towards me (the LoA, the respond of my vibration there) was not nice and I could see that I was not in a good feeling mood. And so I did not go to her room when I am in a negative, "hurt" modus.

    I am curious: Is that your job, are you working with Esther or as an Abraham Hicks Consultant?

    So, I will come back to some points of your post but I wrote a text in the morning before I dead your post I'd like to publish:

    Two nights ago, where I did not post about, I recorded when I waked up every negative thought I was thinking (without the slighty different onces, which are the same in essence) in my booklet and I am going to do the work on them one on one. "Collecting data". It was a really different night, because I did not fought against the situation, but I wanted to feel better and so things played out differently. My actions where really different than the nights before, where I wanted only to sleep, but then I said: "OK, that will not work, trying to sleep and get up and lay down and up will not make me feel good, I will bring her in my room and then she can sleep here." and then I started watching TV at 4:30 am (SMURFS!). That felt definitely better. My intention was to feel better, and not to grind down the EGS, what would be happened when I would think like the nights before.

    Last night was maybe a big step into using the EGS. For the first time I FELT how the use of the EGS was helping me to feel relief. MASSIVE relief. I never really understood on a emotional level that this will help me and that this must be really hard to use the EGS. But this night I FELT the massive relief. I FELT, how feeling "doubt" is better than feeling "blame" and how this help me to hike my way up the EGS. Because of the older LoA-teaching I was used to (what I "used before), that this was not a intuitive thing (I mean using the EGS) for me and there was resistance to it. I was teached to think the exact opposite of the thought/feeling I am thinking/feeling right now, like, when I felt unworthiness to think Self-worthiness or when I think depression to think Joy. I can say by experience that this never really worked.


    I was waked up at like 4 am and helped her with her thing. I maybe was not 100 % in a good feeling state, but my intention was to feel better as the night before, not to change her or the condition, but only to feel better.


    Then I helped her, gave her some medicine and went to the couch. And when I laid on the couch, I was very clear, because I was not in a "defense" mode, where I wanted to sleep as soon as possible and nothing else. I wanted to feel good, that was my priority. So I was clear and could think straight ahead and asked myself: "What am I feeling right now?" I can't recap that now totally because this was so an positive momentum that night but I found myself blaming (blame) on her, at least that was what I thought was my emotion right now. I can't say that with certainty.


    So I thought: "Oh my.. now she will keep me awake for two hours and I will get crazy." And then I choose a thought of worry: "Will I ever get sleep this night? I don't know, I really doubt that. I think I will lay here for hours and won't get sleep..." and so on, I really "milked" it, an Aber would say. I tried to think/feel that new thought as long as I felt relief, like a minute or so.


    And then I went ahead, to Disappointment: "I am really disappointed of her. Can't she understand that there are people she is holding away of sleep? I can't believe that she don't think so far ahead and only thinks of herself."


    It really was "strange" to thought that but my only purpose was to feel better and not to feel bad about her or anyone else. Only to feel better, that is all. Of course if someone would hear what I thought there they would thought: "What the...".


    Then I choosed "overwehelmed" and I felt better and better. And eventually, after some time, I was as high as POSITIVE EXPECTION! I was SO HIGH ON POSITIVE ENERGY, the EGS was running itself! This was so an eye-opener and so an emotional moment for me to be honest. UNBELIEVABLE. I stopped there then. I tried to talk as much out of a emotion as possible, I can't recap that her because than I would sit here for another hour. I NEVER felt so good at a night with these conditions! I know that this I need to do that probably again but now I see THAT it works.


    I was so hopeful and thought of all the other areas now I could use this to. My feeling towards money, relationships, traveling, health and so on. Of course not today or this week, but this was really a enlighted moment for me. If you could the the sun goes up in Germany, that was me!


    I couldn't help but I started smiling during that process, wonderful.


    What I was wondering: I always got the impression to use the processes and that this what I done is not the way to go. Because this was so easy on such a hot topic that I asked myself why I should do all the processes?


    Then, this morning, I was to the Doctor because of my GM and there were some women. My intention was to feel as if everything is ok. I don't need to desperetely try to talk to women (try, because I can't go to a women, and yes, I can talk; hi@Marc ) to get into a relationship or whatever. So I only thought about that it is DONE (in my vibrational escrow) and to observe what I was thinking. There were a girl coming to the desk and I waited there to get a medical receipt and she looked at me, and I found her attractive. That are moment where I always thought "OH MY GOD, WHY CAN'T JUST GO TO HER AND TALK TO HER I WILL DIE ALONE AND FRUSTRATED. I can't go there without being paralyzed and fear of this and that." but this time I felt the same paralyzed feeling, but I thought: "That wouldn't work because if it would be a 'match' here, everything would work out, I wouldn't feel so fearful. I don't will try, I don't want in this very minute a partner, because everything is 'aranged' already (in my vibrational escrow) and wanting this women over there would only mean to bite into a green sour tomato. I will need to soothe this at home." I tried to use the EGS there but I was so powerless in that moment that I could not think about that.


    Now I received two "business books" where I write my money in- and outcome to play the money games really really deep.

  5. #25
    Klassik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    193
    Ah and I ment this street:


    This is my association with "down street in SF". Your street reminds me of the movie "Vertigo".
    Last edited by WellBeing; 01-26-2017 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Removed outside link to non-Abraham site and material

  6. #26
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,192

    The final piece of that previous reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    I really love this teachings and the whole idea of vibrations as the 99 % of the equation. And, when I start feeling better and better about this without the situation changed, that this situation MUST change. But then it is not neccesary. But.. The "but" I will post at the end of my reply.
    Yes, yes, of course, if your vibration creates your reality (and it does) and if you change your vibration (and you are) then, yes, your reality MUST change to match your new vibration.

    But the thing you had been doing in this thread (and it's so common, but so counterproductive, so if you can get this, you're going to help yourself in such an important way) is looking for the manifestations to answer your “Is this working? How am I doing?” questions. I've been trying to coax you away from looking at the manifestations and towards your emotions to assess whether it's working and how you're doing. (And in your most recent post, you have started to shift that focus for you. Good for you.) Your emotions give you instant feedback of how you're doing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    But lets say she is loud and the neighbors start to complain? So for me there are parts I can't control.
    I understand that. But let's look at this story here for a moment. Maybe the neighbors complain. Or maybe they speak to you about what they're hearing, understanding the situation you're in. Maybe they have some personal experience of your situation. Maybe they can empathize with you, as someone else who is not getting the sleep that they would prefer. Maybe they can appreciate the responsibility you've undertaken at such a young age. IOW, you have access (even where you are right now) to thoughts about potential manifestations which feel better than your thoughts of them beating you up. They are not yet (I hope) beating you up. But, when you think your thoughts about the possibility of them beating you up, you are--in that moment--beating yourself up. Isn’t that interesting?

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    Yes. But I always see the parts that affects ME. I feel better, I threat her nights with love and not with anger. But she is loud and that affects me in some way. Hm, what part of the teachings I miss that I don't get that?
    So, in light of your experience the other night, you’ve seen for yourself what we’ve been talking about, right? Or would you like some more discussion on this question? Because, as I’ve been reading along, you may have already answered this for yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    You tell us. What does your emotional guidance tell you? Does it feelbetter for you to think of this as a result of your “work”? Or does it feelbetter for you to think of your “work” not working?
    Of course the first.
    Then that's your answer. You don't need us. You have your guidance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    Pop quiz time: what does a BFT indicate?
    That it feels worse??? No kidding, better! BETTER!
    Yes, of course. But that “better” indicates that you're releasing resistance and shifting your vibration.

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    I will telling you something. Sometimes when we are ONLY talking about the feeling is changing I get the idea that this process of doing the work won't change my life at all. That everything is the same in my life, besides, that I now feel better about the things. I know you know what I mean because you probably heard that thousands of times here on the forum. Can you help me with a way to see this differently?
    We can certainly do that, sure! But I wonder if you still want to do this, given what you’ve just posted above. This is your thread, so you let me know. If you do want to do this (and that’s all right, if you do), you start us off with some BFTs about this question and we’ll both take it from there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    I find this interesting because a ultra-professionell in this teaching needs to do the work after so long time on this. I mean, that this never ends.
    Yes, I’m always doing my own “work,” but I usually don’t consider it WORK. This is a lifestyle, not a magic spell we use. It doesn’t have to be taking some “issue” all the way up the Scale (although sometimes that does happen). And if it does happen, it’s not such a big deal because we know what to do. It’s like when you’re walking. Even though you learned a long time ago how to walk, you still have to put one foot in front of another and hold your balance as you do so in order to move across your room. And should you happen to fall (whilst it might be surprising), you know what to do, so it’s less of a big deal than when you were little.

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    But, and that is what I wanted to reffer earlier, is, that some physical manifestation have real consequences like this example with the neighbors.
    Absolutely.

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    "(smiling) Yeah she is singing and shouting but I feel nice!...”
    Then you’re not worrying about your neighbors. And when you are worrying about your neighbors, you’re not feeling nice. And that’s all right. You just beginning this process.

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    “...Sorry, that you can't sleep! Maybe you should tell your boss that you got beaten down if he asks you why you look like you had no sleep last night?!"
    And when you find your stable alignment on this situation and this piece of this situation, chances are that you won’t be saying these words to your neighbor. You will be saying other words, with other tones and inflections, which might inspire a different manifestation from your neighbors. (I’ll talk more on that in a bit.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    I sure can't see this right now and probably need more time to understand this. At the same time I think that my neighbors or who else NEEDS to make this experience because they vibrate on this frequencies and when I am not the manifestor (or my grandmother) for them than it is someone else.
    Well, yes, they too are wanting to shift their focus and their vibration because it’s not your grandmother, her singing or whatever, which is keeping them awake. It’s their thoughts about that which is keeping them awake (the same as with you). However, when you find your alignment and you’re inspired to your ITV words, you’re probably not going to be inspired to explain to them any of this Abraham business. It would be rare for a non-Aber to find relief in the (accurate) explanation that I’ve just given. Heck, you’re an Aber and you’re having difficulty (and it’s all right that you are) finding relief in the explanations I’ve been giving you.

    IOW, it’s not your job to teach them. But when you’re stably in alignment on this whole topic and on the piece about your neighbors, you will be able to find words that they can hear which they can use to find their own alignment--whether they know they’re finding their own alignment or not.


  7. #27
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    I am curious: Is that your job, are you working with Esther or as an Abraham Hicks Consultant?

    Nothing like that at all. What I do professionally has no obvious connection to this material. I doubt that Esther is aware of me (even though I have been in the HS and in a number of elevators with her). And, to my knowledge, Abraham-Hicks don't have Consultants, so be very suspicious of anyone who presents themselves as such.

    Like the other Moderators of this Forum, we are not associated with AHP or Esther (beyond an appreciation for the material and the work of Esther). We are volunteers who have seen the value of these teachings to transform lives and who wish to help other like-minded individuals in learning and applying them so that they can transform their lives.

    (Oh, and FWIW, I have a wonderful boss--me. But this thread is all about you, so let’s get to it!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    Two nights ago,...

    There is so much about your report that I want to say “Good for you” about! All of what you've reported is you teaching yourself this material, seeing how it's at work already in your life and giving yourself more and more material to address your (natural) doubts. Really, really good for you!

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    It really was "strange" to thought that but my only purpose was to feel better and not to feel bad about her or anyone else. Only to feel better, that is all. Of course if someone would hear what I thought there they would thought: "What the...".

    You're correct, but those someone’s don't understand emotional guidance and don't understand that these thoughts are temporary, on your way to the thoughts your IB is thinking about this (and every other subject).

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    I was so hopeful and thought of all the other areas now I could use this to.

    That’s an exciting feeling of your own power, isn't it? Of doors opening? Of new possibilities?

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    What I was wondering: I always got the impression to use the processes and that this what I done is not the way to go. Because this was so easy on such a hot topic that I asked myself why I should do all the processes?

    Maybe I'm not understanding your question but you don't have to do all the Processes, just the ones that you can use effectively. (The only way you can learn which you can use effectively is by learning them and trying g them out for yourself.) But which Process you can use effectively can change from topic to topic or from circumstance to circumstance. For example, for me (and YMMV) I find it difficult to do a Focus Wheel whilst I'm waiting for the bus, so it's handy for me to know other Processes that I can use in those circumstances, you see?

    I often talk about the Processes like tools in a toolbox. The more tools you have and that you're comfortable in using them, the broader the range of projects that you can effectively tackle.

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    ...I tried to use the EGS there but I was so powerless in that moment that I could not think about that.

    Maybe you weren't, in that moment, able to use the EGS, but you did a different Process (Finding a BFT? Going General?). You paid attention to how you were feeling. You had some idea of the thoughts that you were thinking which were producing your emotions. You reminded yourself that you have the ability to reach for BFTs. You did what you could do to find your BFTs. All of that counts. Good for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    Now I received two "business books" where I write my money in- and outcome to play the money games really really deep.

    Have fun!


  8. #28
    Klassik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    193
    I have only read the first paragraph and see what massive post you brought here. And I need to tell you before I go on: Thank you, really, thank you very much for your help here and your guidance and that you take your precious time to answer my questions and the questions and posts of all the folks here in details. This is so huge, I hope that everybody can see that. I appreciate that a lot.

  9. #29
    Klassik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    193
    So I've been shopping today in a slightly bigger store (those you can find in US) and then I spotted, on the way to the checkout, a women who promoted shavers and cremes for men. She was like 15 meter away and I felt terrible immediately. I even couldn't take my head high and because of my powerlessness I even choose a different hallway to the checkout. That is O.K. because I am used to it. That is what I am here for.

    What I want talk about: When I am at home I can't recreate the negative emotion. So, I picked the process No. 22 of AAIIG but could not really apply that, because of the missing feeling. Is this a matter of practice? There aren't many processes in the book for that low emotional set point so I am not sure how to go on here.

  10. #30
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    What I want talk about: When I am at home I can't recreate the negative emotion.
    I don't know that I'd ever recommend to anyone to re-create a negative emotion. That would be like looking for trouble and finding it, wouldn't it?

    Really, all you need to know is that you felt "bad." But you know more than that...

    Quote Originally Posted by Klassik View Post
    So, I picked the process No. 22 of AAIIG but could not really apply that, because of the missing feeling.
    I wouldn't call the feeling "missing." You've already told us what the feeling was. Didn't you say "powerlessness"? So, you know where to start.

    And you know a number of thoughts you were thinking or that you typically think when you're in those situations. You can "work" with those thoughts now and start shifting your typical thoughts.

    And the next time you're in one of those situations when you feel your negative emotion, before you take the other exit or checkout, spending a moment (not very long at all) just paying attention to the thoughts that you're thinking. IOW, do your quick data collection (which you already know how to do) and then checkout or take the other exit.

    All is well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •