Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Advice needed: One job rejection today, still waiting to hear back from another.

Quote Originally Posted by Hands in the Clay View Post
    Another quick visit to say:

1) Excellent. Excellent for you. Getting some stuff down and giving us real material to work with to guide you. Marc's "reorganization" of your thoughts will hopefully trigger a "ding-ding-ding" inside you. If you're not rereading it now, grab, kiss, and open Astonishing Power of Emotions for more delicious examples of that kind of work you just did.
    its now on the table beside me and my cup of coffee!! time to dig in

2) Yeah, this is "simple but not easy." We UNDERSTAND where you are. It takes a LEAP OF FAITH INTO THE QUANTUM WORLD and SWALLOWING THE "BITTER" PILL THAT YOUR BELIEFS ARE NOT "TRUTHS" - THEY'RE JUST THOUGHTS THAT YOU KEEP THINKING, and that those THOUGHTS are what turn the wheels of your reality. That's HUGE!!! Do you realize how huge that is? How "outside the boundaries of human thought" that is? That's why it's called the "leading edge." And there's a BIG difference between talking about it and actually letting go and practicing it, without champing at the bit for these "techniques" to hurry up and make a particular dream come true. And, you know, not a lot of folks are actually able to make that leap - What-Is is and "life happens to you while you're making other plans" are so seductive and safe. That's why it's so helpful to read other material, from smart, sane people, that BOLSTER this new view (I'm happy to send you a reading list, if I haven't already done so).
    please do!!! reading has the benefit of distraction for me AND the added benefit of leaving me feeling accomplished. I distract myself by learning how other people have applied these practices in unique and personal ways. As i mentioned earlier, when i first received the emails to interview out of the blue it directly correlated to when i was reading about Tolle's experience and insights and softening the emotions I felt.

3) You are a SMART COOKIE. If you can set aside your aching desire to achieve this particular thing for JUST A WHILE, and focus on getting a handle on these practices on SMALL things (cranky cashiers, late trains, the store being out of your favorite cheese, noisy neighbors), those new skills (deliberate and "on the fly" practice of these techniques) will easily transpose to larger things, and you'll be on your way. This is FACT. This is REAL. This is HOW THINGS WORK. It's not a magic trick. It's like learning how to build a house properly. Yeah, some may whip together a plywood shack, but it's gonna come down on their heads when there's a strong wind. You want to learn how to make the bricks right, mix the cement right, place the foundation, build solidly. Then you've got the reins of your life in your hands (excuse the mixed metaphors).
    Yes I know precisely what you're advising. I have had that knowledge in my gut, Im very aware of certain "triggers" that instinctively cause me to react (someone coughing on the bus next to me, someone in front of me on line who has an issue that causes me to wait longer than anticipated, a house phone constantly ringing, making typos lol) and I have told myself the same thing: lets try to apply the teachings to these specific circumstances and see how i can get past minor irritants bec deep inside i knew that it will help me get into a better state of mind where i could work on the more seemingly important issues. consistency is key for me, i'll forget about all of this if i don't keep practicing it or let myself slide once or twice and from there go right back to my default reactions.

But set aside your Great Big Objective FOR A SHORT WHILE and make your objective learning how to really do this so you feeeeeeel it, and then you'll see enough small results with the cashier and the trains and the neighbors that you will allow this "wound" to "heal" and find some confidence and move forward "gradually but quickly."
    Loved this. I really really desire to fill in the missing pieces so that I can stop as Marc so helpfully pointed out, pivoting from one subject to another thinking I'm making improvement. I knew that there were holes in my methods of applying this.

5) You and Marc have got a good dynamic going here, so I'm going to minimize muddying the vibrational waters, cuz it's distracting to have to respond to multiple interlocutors, but I'll be hanging around, happy to pitch in if you wish.
    I've always greatly valued our rapport. Please offer your perspective when you see that I'm not quite getting something and heading back upstream. I love your insight.

ETA: STOP LISTENING TO MUGGLES. OK?? STOP using other people's experiences to define what is and is not possible for you. It's bullshit, OK? Everyone has their beliefs that define their reality, some got easy ones, some developed less easy ones. I have two siblings who struggle to find consistent work and have a million reasons why that's "true" and "real" (it's the market, it's the economic climate in such and such a country, it's the political landscape, it's oil prices, it's my lack of certification, it's the CEO's relationship with my former employer, it's my age....), yet I've been in a growth cycle since 2009, when the "crisis" was consuming Europe, in a career I have no training for (I started my Abe work in late 2009). It's never taken me more than 24 hours to find a job my entire life (because I had success the first time at age 16 and that instilled a belief). STOP believing that other people's realities define your experience. YOU are the MOLDER of YOUR timespace clay. Stop talking to others about reality. It does not serve you. When your vibe improves, you'll have better encounters that bolster your confidence, but in the meantime, start keeping your cards close, close, close to your vest and plug your ears when reality is being broadcast around you (until you get into the habit of ignoring it). As Abe say, "There are those who struggle in the best of times, and those who thrive in the worst of times." YOU make your rules (like all great entrepreneurs). Take back your power.
    Now THIS I can do. The thing about feeling like you've hit a bottom and are coming out of it is that the world's fears don't matter to you. People all around me are terrified of the political situation and the economy and this and that and I'm just here like "Ok, if that happens you'll all feel what I've been feeling when I feel hopeless and powerless anyways so what the hell do I care or have to fear".

Super Moderator Hands in the Clay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwaters View Post
    its now on the table beside me and my cup of coffee!! time to dig in

And that means C O V E R to C O V E R. No cherry-picking, skimming, or skipping only to the examples you think are "relevant" and not even bothering with the first half of fundamental principles because "it's more or less what they said in that other book..." Reflect, digest, think of examples in your own life as you go along and stop to contemplate application to those instances. Learn about the FEELING they describe, so it becomes as obvious to you as an itch, or hunger.

As we learned from Alice in Wonderland: "Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop."

I'll get that book list to ya soon, need to add a couple of recent discoveries (and APOE will be keeping you busy for a bit).
    Last edited by Hands in the Clay; 6 Days Ago at 03:02 AM.

Super Moderator Hands in the Clay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwaters View Post
    iNow THIS I can do. The thing about feeling like you've hit a bottom and are coming out of it is that the world's fears don't matter to you. People all around me are terrified of the political situation and the economy and this and that and I'm just here like "Ok, if that happens you'll all feel what I've been feeling when I feel hopeless and powerless anyways so what the hell do I care or have to fear".
    OK, starting now, you're only going to use all this dramaaaaaaaaaaaatic language when you're working specifically on your issues. You blather out words like "crushing defeat" and "hit bottom" and "hopeless" and "terrified" far more glibly than is good for you. Cut it out, OK? Smmmmmmmmmack! It's like Trump and his frickin' electoral college win. "We know, see? We know what happened. You told us already. We don't need to keep hearing that song." For you, all that does is keep that dark wheel spinning, making it harder to get off of, cuz you keep building centrifugal force on that feeling. Start paying attention to your language. Every word is a brushstroke, because there's a vibration behind it, and speaking the word just adds momentum to that vibration... so what are you painting?
    Last edited by Hands in the Clay; 6 Days Ago at 03:03 AM.

And that means C O V E R to C O V E R. No cherry-picking, skimming, or skipping only to the examples you think are "relevant" and not even bothering with the first half of fundamental principles because "it's more or less what they said in that other book..." Reflect, digest, think of examples in your own life as you go along and stop to contemplate application to those instances. Learn about the FEELING they describe, so it becomes as obvious to you as an itch, or hunger.
    Just finished Tolle so that I can devote full attention to re-reading APOE. Another wonderful display that we're so very connected: last week while reading Tolle's book, I got to the chapter on relationships, said to myself "I'm not concerned right now with relationships, let me skip this chapter to move onto more applicable topics" and felt guilty doing so. Even internally debated that decision for a little!

OK, starting now, you're only going to use all this dramaaaaaaaaaaaatic language when you're working specifically on your issues. You blather out words like "crushing defeat" and "hit bottom" and "hopeless" and "terrified" far more glibly than is good for you. Cut it out, OK? Smmmmmmmmmack! It's like Trump and his frickin' electoral college win. "We know, see? We know what happened. You told us already. We don't need to keep hearing that song." For you, all that does is keep that dark wheel spinning, making it harder to get off of, cuz you keep building centrifugal force on that feeling. Start paying attention to your language. Every word is a brushstroke, because there's a vibration behind it, and speaking the word just adds momentum to that vibration... so what are you painting?
    So very true. I will pay more attention to my proclivity toward doing this