Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435

Thread: Ask and it is Given book study 2017

Wow!! I have more to say on this later!
    Quote Originally Posted by WallieGirl View Post
    Chapter Name: “Have You Put a Happy Face on It?”
    Read: From the beginning of the chapter through the section heading entitled, “You Can Only Attract Thoughts Within Your Vibrational Range”

“When you spend time pondering, remembering, or imagining something, a vibration is activated within you…..And as it plays a larger role in your vibrational pattern, things that match it begin to show up in your experience.”

I believe this would tie in to the 68 second technique, Chapter 21. I have been practicing that more often.

“But the most satisfying aspect of Deliberate Creation comes from being sensitive to the way the thoughts you are thinking feel, for then it is possible to modify a bad-feeling thought to one that feels better, and to thereby improve your point of attraction before something unwanted manifests.”

I feel relieved that we have time to do that.

“Many people spend the majority of their lives attempting to control circumstances because they believe that in the controlling of the circumstance, they will feel better. But no matter how much control they gain over the actions of others, it is never enough – because there is always another uncontrollable circumstance.”

WallieGirl
    “You Can Only Attract Thoughts Within Your Vibrational Range"
    this is so interesting to read, becos it just makes sense that we can not think out of the box untill we can I love it

“But the most satisfying aspect of Deliberate Creation comes from being sensitive to the way the thoughts you are thinking feel, for then it is possible to modify a bad-feeling thought to one that feels better, and to thereby improve your point of attraction before something unwanted manifests.”

I feel relieved that we have time to do that.
    me too

“Many people spend the majority of their lives attempting to control circumstances because they believe that in the controlling of the circumstance, they will feel better. But no matter how much control they gain over the actions of others, it is never enough – because there is always another uncontrollable circumstance.”
    I am so thankful I received abe when I did becos life is def easier for me now that it was when I was so angry about "circumstances"

I also find this very interesting: "You only have access to thoughts whose vibrations are somewhere in your current vibrational range." That certainly explains a LOT! Also the explanation of your "emotional set-point" certainly explains how I got to a certain habitual way of feeling/vibrating. I'm so used to associating times of year and places with things that happened in the past! I have to to remember that I can now CHOOSE a different way of feeling at those times, and I have to be constantly aware of "old stories" that come up at certain times. I need to find a way of instantly jolting my brain out of those old memories. Because "You are the creator of your own experience whether you know that you are or not" AND "Your life experience is unfolding in precise response to the vibrations that radiate as a result of your thoughts, whether you know it or not!"

One day last week, somehow, I actually made it up the EGS to somewhere around 3,4,5, and 6! It felt so light and so indescribable....mainly because my "habitual" set point has been, for the longest time, bouncing around somewhere between 8 (boredom) and 10 (frustration, irritation, impatience), and even dipping lower at times. I don't even know what I did to get there, and I haven't yet managed to be there again. I would really love to hang out somewhere closer to the top of the scale "habitually". Hopefully now that I've had a taste of it, I can more easily find my way back. I just wish I could remember what I was thinking or doing that day, since "the only thing that matters is that you consciously discover some relief....and you understand that your relief has come in response to some deliberate effort you have offered." Looking back it seems like it "just happened"...so that's not very "deliberate".

Hopefully in the next section I can find some more processes that will work for me. The last time I went through these, not many resonated with me, and I admit, I'm lazy about sitting down to do them "on purpose"..(except for my meditation.) But now I know what kind of process I'm looking for, so it should be easier.