Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask and it is Given book study 2017

Quote Originally Posted by WallieGirl View Post
    That sounds "delicious", CG. "Easy". I love the way you used that word. Can you tell us a little bit about how you focused on "easy" during your trip and once you got home, please?
    I'm just focusing on what choice is easiest for me. There are so many times where I feel resistance in my body/thoughts, and it makes me stop and think "Am I resisting? Why? How can I make a choice that's easier, more 'going with the flow'"? I become aware of an easier way, and choose to go with it.

CG

Off to read Chapter 20. Thanks for the new schedule WallieGirl.

OK...So I finished chapter 20 (again)...and the thing I am taking away from it most today is that "vibrational shifting is usually a gradual process". I am not really sure what's going on with me other than I tend to feel very cautious (I guess) regarding feeling anything strongly. It' s like I am often afraid to feel....either "good" or "bad"....my feelings tend to stay kind of "flat", and I think I am for some reason afraid of them, silly as that sounds. I DO want to feel GOOD...but I have to admit that in my life that has been a fleeting, almost alien thing, and was usually only brought about using chemical "aids" of some kind. (haha....old "hippie" here).

Anyway, I guess knowing that the shifting of habitual vibration patterns is "usually a gradual process" does help me feel a little better about where I am. I can't even pinpoint any "habitual thoughts" that might be keeping me in such a "flat" emotional state....I'm often not really thinking anything in particular, just neutral....maybe in an attempt to NOT think habitual "negative" thoughts. And even when I try to focus on "good feeling "or even just "better feeling" thoughts, there doesn't seem to be much result. The "relief" factor is very slight and short lived. It doesn't seem like I ever feel "good", and if I start to, I can feel my resistance to it, like I'm AFRAID to feel good, for pete's sake!

If our natural state is supposed to be "joy" and "allowing"...why is it I seem to be so resistant to that???? I think I'm still too tied into "conditions"...well, truthfully I KNOW I'm still too tied into conditions. Even when I notice something that I "like" I ALWAYS also AT THE SAME TIME and IMMEDIATELY notice what I "DON"T LIKE"! It's the old "That's nice, BUT......" (I really want to learn to leave off the "buts"....) So I guess for me the best process is to just keep on doing my meditations since that is supposed to help all your resistances across the board. It would be nice to be able to imagine things the way I used to be able to when I was under 10...I could live in an "alternate reality" for hours every day and really enjoy it.

I see that Chapter 21 introduces the 17 second process...maybe that will help.

Eostre
    OK...So I finished chapter 20 (again)...and the thing I am taking away from it most today is that "vibrational shifting is usually a gradual process". I am not really sure what's going on with me other than I tend to feel very cautious (I guess) regarding feeling anything strongly. It' s like I am often afraid to feel....either "good" or "bad"....my feelings tend to stay kind of "flat", and I think I am for some reason afraid of them,silly as that sounds. I DO want to feel GOOD...but I have to admit that in my life that has been a fleeting, almost alien thing, and was usually only brought about using chemical "aids" of some kind. (hah....old "hippie" here).
    I relate to this so much. First, I was 12 when I started mood altering with drugs, but stopped at 34 due to it making things worse for me , i'm an old hippie too

what this all made me think of is a few things about "feeling happy" and letting that come out. Sometimes if i'm too happy some others 1.think i'm gloating 2. don't like that I am happy and they are not, or 3. want more from me since I am in a good mood {and it's not something I always want to do}.

so I have been fine tuning all of this to fit me better so I can be happy on MY terms and when I meditate, set my tone and focus on what I want it's so much easier.

HI CG, your vacation sounds delicious
    wallie, tree

Quote Originally Posted by Eostre View Post
    OK...So I finished chapter 20 (again)...and the thing I am taking away from it most today is that "vibrational shifting is usually a gradual process". I am not really sure what's going on with me other than I tend to feel very cautious (I guess) regarding feeling anything strongly. It' s like I am often afraid to feel....either "good" or "bad"....my feelings tend to stay kind of "flat", and I think I am for some reason afraid of them, silly as that sounds. I DO want to feel GOOD...but I have to admit that in my life that has been a fleeting, almost alien thing, and was usually only brought about using chemical "aids" of some kind. (haha....old "hippie" here).

Anyway, I guess knowing that the shifting of habitual vibration patterns is "usually a gradual process" does help me feel a little better about where I am. I can't even pinpoint any "habitual thoughts" that might be keeping me in such a "flat" emotional state....I'm often not really thinking anything in particular, just neutral....maybe in an attempt to NOT think habitual "negative" thoughts. And even when I try to focus on "good feeling "or even just "better feeling" thoughts, there doesn't seem to be much result. The "relief" factor is very slight and short lived. It doesn't seem like I ever feel "good", and if I start to, I can feel my resistance to it, like I'm AFRAID to feel good, for pete's sake!

If our natural state is supposed to be "joy" and "allowing"...why is it I seem to be so resistant to that???? I think I'm still too tied into "conditions"...well, truthfully I KNOW I'm still too tied into conditions. Even when I notice something that I "like" I ALWAYS also AT THE SAME TIME and IMMEDIATELY notice what I "DON"T LIKE"! It's the old "That's nice, BUT......" (I really want to learn to leave off the "buts"....) So I guess for me the best process is to just keep on doing my meditations since that is supposed to help all your resistances across the board. It would be nice to be able to imagine things the way I used to be able to when I was under 10...I could live in an "alternate reality" for hours every day and really enjoy it.

I see that Chapter 21 introduces the 17 second process...maybe that will help.
    It is an interesting point that I use to self debate that same in my first few years with Abraham. But if you think about it if Abraham says there is also relief "from joy". That itself should resolve any conflict since it is all about feeling RELIEF. If you focus about achieve of relief from whatever you feel now, you will be on the right road climbing up EGS.

I would say sometimes being neutral feels better than feel good because it has no expectation to it (it might suggest where you are on the emotional guidance scale). So when you are neutral you feel relief because you do not expect to feel good and feel good makes you feel bad. That is an indicator of where you are at EGS. I could be wrong, I could be right, take it or leave it. Thanks

To me, Chapter 20 has the most powerful tool that has shifted my vibrations around from being “always” at bottom of EGS to starting to move up the EGS.

The tool or new perspective or understanding is “Trying to Hinder Another’s Freedom Always Costs You Your Freedom” & “Unwanted Things Cannot Jump Into Your Experience Uninvited”.

Freedom from the fear of unwanted experiences will never be achieved by trying to control the behavior or desires of others. Your freedom can only be allowed by adjusting your own vibrational point of attraction.

For someone like me who is very anxious type of person, I have learned to grow into a personality that only provide guidance for others, without possessing control over them, while still holding them accountable for their action. In other words, I make my own decision and allow them to make their decision, if we decide to co-create or have a relationship (friendship, partnership, etc).

Now, I feel more matured than in my first days as Aber because when you realize that your control of another person's life only makes you dependent on them or on that (it is actually a weakness, not strength - in character), it hinders your spiritual and emotional growth.

Some Quotes from Chapter 20 of Ask & It is Given

• See the speed of your vehicle like the power of your desire. In other words, the more you want something, or the longer you have been focusing upon your desire, the faster the Energy moves. The tree, in our analogy, represents the resistance, or the contradictory thoughts, that may be present.
    • Whenever you are focused upon something you appreciate, since that current choice of thought is so similar to who you really are as Source Energy, there is no contradiction in your Energy. You are, in your moment of appreciation, offering no resistance to who you are, so your resulting emotional indication is one of love, joy, or the feeling of appreciation. You feel very good

I think an easy way to stay on this path, is to do more of Rampage of Appreciation. It place you in this state of mind of no resistance.

I am really excited about the next Chapter that talks about the rules of 17 & 68 seconds because it is practical, not theory content.

I could be wrong, I could be right, take it or leave it.

Good stuff pbi!

Hi CG,

I just responded to one of your PM's. It looks like your inbox is full and isn't accepting new messages. Thank you for the two websites that you referred me to. I should have read that PM first, so please ignore my question in my first response.

With love,

WG

Thanks much, CG! That's very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Curious George View Post
    I'm just focusing on what choice is easiest for me. There are so many times where I feel resistance in my body/thoughts, and it makes me stop and think "Am I resisting? Why? How can I make a choice that's easier, more 'going with the flow'"? I become aware of an easier way, and choose to go with it.

CG

Chapter 20, from "In Your Appreciation, You Offer No Resistance" to the end of the chapter:

"...But if a teacher or acquaintance chastises you for some action you have offered, you feel bad because you have now been influenced to a thought that does not match who you really are."

That's so interesting. That just happened this week!

"You never say, 'I feel guilty about the abundance of good health that I have been living, so I have decided that I will be sick for the next couple years in order to allow someone who has been sick the opportunity to use my portion of wellness for himself.’”