Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask and it is Given book study 2017

Quote Originally Posted by lemon-up View Post
    I love that about us.

I am the one 65, I think tree is much younger
    It is good to know I am around people with more seniority really. I am probably half your age but honestly does age matters? I would say yes in one sense, older can have more experience in life.

Eostre

I have one comment related to changing vibration as "gradual process". That is a misconception that contradict with the teachings, changing vibration is not gradual. It takes only a matter of seconds to change your thoughts / vibration which will result in matching ideas and experiences, it will be discussed in the next Chapter 21.

I think it is more about finding relief. If you observe your vibrational changes in terms of timing it is also resistance. That is why I do not believe in what energy readers or psychics say at all, they tap into your vibrations at the moment based on what you are saying here and now, and your vibrations can change in a matter of seconds if you allow that, so their words come from an unstable place not really reliable sources of information, there is a sky of unlimited possibilities for every occurenences in this Universe, every second you can change the outcome of what comes next. That is how powerful LOA is.

So if you learn to simply focus on what makes you feel relief, you will learn overtime that you can only get what you want, without going into the complication of "what is my vibration now? how did my vibration change in next hour? what is the rate of my vibrational change? Is it happening instantly or gradually?".

What I am trying to say, you need to shift your focus immediately, from looking at your vibrations as an observant to work on them, to looking at your life experience to reach for relief moments. Change your vibration is changing your thoughts, if you observe your thoughts, you can only observe them, from a place of finding relief & relief from relief.

So, any manifestation can be sustained when you are "consistently" observing your desire from a place of expect it/want it/desire it & reaching for BFTs and relief. It is a matter of being "consistent" not gradual.

So if you wake up every morning, with a pure intent and desire, from a place of finding relief, rather than a place of observe your vibrations. It will work out, forget the time frame, you won't manifest your negative thoughts, you can only manifest your desires.

“When you repeatedly return to a pure thought, maintaining it for at least 68 seconds, in a short period of time (hours in some cases or a few days in others), that thought becomes a dominant thought. And once you achieve a dominant thought, you will experience matching manifestations until you change it."
    -Abraham Hicks

I think I understand what your understanding was. Let us say someone has been depressed for 20 years or so. How did they become depressed? Pattern of negative thoughts practiced for 172800 hours (equivalent to the 20 years period of becoming depressed and sustaining depression). If they decide to adopt LOA "to change from being depressed to being happy". Can they cure themselves in few seconds? Yes & No.

Yes it takes few seconds to change their dominant vibration but at same time, they have created a reality that has matched their thoughts. In order to change that reality, you need to be consistent with those few seconds, how long does it take for them to heal? Nobody can tell. It could take days, months, years. However, my own belief (take it or leave it), it probably take less time, when you practice the higher vibrations, compared to the lower vibrations.

What I am trying say: don't look from a perspective of vibrations/timing, look from a perspective of thought/relief. That is how change happens.

CG, Page 26, Post 246: I hope you had a great vacation, CG! Welcome back!

Eostre, Page 26, Post 253: You wrote: And even when I try to focus on "good feeling "or even just "better feeling" thoughts, there doesn't seem to be much result. The "relief" factor is very slight and short lived. It doesn't seem like I ever feel "good", and if I start to, I can feel my resistance to it, like I'm AFRAID to feel good, for pete's sake!”

Thank you. I can so relate to that.

lemon-up, Page 26, Post 256: You wrote, “what this all made me think of is a few things about "feeling happy" and letting that come out. Sometimes if i'm too happy some others 1.think i'm gloating 2. don't like that I am happy and they are not, or 3. want more from me since I am in a good mood {and it's not something I always want to do}.”

Thank you. I can really relate to that…others judging me for being happy!

practicebyignoring, Page 26, Post 255: You wrote, “But if you think about it if Abraham says there is also relief "from joy". That itself should resolve any conflict since it is all about feeling RELIEF. If you focus about achieve of relief from whatever you feel now, you will be on the right road climbing up EGS."

"I would say sometimes being neutral feels better than feel good because it has no expectation to it (it might suggest where you are on the emotional guidance scale). So when you are neutral you feel relief because you do not expect to feel good and feel good makes you feel bad. That is an indicator of where you are at EGS. I could be wrong, I could be right, take it or leave it.”

I love that, pbi! Thank you!

Practicebyignoring, Page 26, Post 256: You wrote, “I could be wrong, I could be right, take it or leave it.”

I love it when you say that, pbi – always makes me smile! Thank you.

Hi Tree! I hope all is well with you!

Have a great week, all!

Love,

WG

Quote Originally Posted by lemon-up View Post
    Good stuff pbi!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WallieGirl View Post
    I love it when you say that, pbi always makes me smile! Thank you.

WG

Thanks

Thanks for your response, PBI!
    I feel better today than yesterday. I think my main "problem" is I can't always pinpoint the "thoughts" I'm having that contribute to the blah feeling. It's more like a feeling is just there that is not pleasant, and THEN I try to think about why I am feeling bad ..the feeling seems to come "first" before any thoughts. I think though that the feelings are in response to perceived attitudes in the people I interact with, rather than any particular thoughts I think. I can put "words" to the feelings, or look back at circumstances and sort of track where I started feeling "bad", but it's really not a "thought" thing so much as a "feeling' thing (usually I feel "unworthy" or "inadequate" somehow..Like the people I'm around are judging me somehow). I can tell a slight overall better feeling set point than say, a year ago, but it is very slight, and i tend to fall back often into my "practiced" set point. I'm looking forward to trying the 17/68 second process...I have really only been practicing meditation every day.

WG...I can't say I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one "afraid" of feeling good...but I guess i do feel somewhat better knowing someone else understands.

Quote Originally Posted by Eostre View Post
    I feel better today than yesterday. I think my main "problem" is I can't always pinpoint the "thoughts" I'm having that contribute to the blah feeling. It's more like a feeling is just there that is not pleasant, and THEN I try to think about why I am feeling bad ..the feeling seems to come "first" before any thoughts. I think though that the feelings are in response to perceived attitudes in the people I interact with, rather than any particular thoughts I think. I can put "words" to the feelings, or look back at circumstances and sort of track where I started feeling "bad", but it's really not a "thought" thing so much as a "feeling' thing (usually I feel "unworthy" or "inadequate" somehow..Like the people I'm around are judging me somehow). I can tell a slight overall better feeling set point than say, a year ago, but it is very slight, and i tend to fall back often into my "practiced" set point. I'm looking forward to trying the 17/68 second process...I have really only been practicing meditation every day.

WG...I can't say I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one "afraid" of feeling good...but I guess i do feel somewhat better knowing someone else understands.
    Maybe it is a momentum but I still do not understand how momentum work to be able to answer such question. Maybe someone can also read my questions about momentum and answer them since I always found it to be a confusing concept:

• What I understand, is that it is a "series" of thoughts, that have a theme: either positive or negative, about an aspect or generally speaking, that works like a conscious or unconscious thinking pattern loop.
    • Like when you sometimes hear a song and it will stick to your thoughts, you start to hear it in your mind without making an effort to remember or recall it.
    • And that momentum defines one's point of attraction so negative momentum could create undesirable manifestations, as you "play" the momentum in your head, it become faster.
    • And that when momentum increase (speed of thoughts) in the conscious or unconscious mind, it will bring a "series" of manifestations of a mix of what we want and what we do not want.
    • As if momentum in other worlds is a reality reflection of our true, deepest thoughts and emotions in different aspects or generally.
    • And is the law of 17 seconds and 68 second of focus is "working" on momentum, creating it, building it, slowing it, redirecting it, speeding it up!
    • I heard Abraham says that momentum is like driving a car. So it is probably a skill of playing movies in your head, with only what you desire as a content.

Did I get it right? I still IDK

I feel better today than yesterday. I think my main "problem" is I can't always pinpoint the "thoughts" I'm having that contribute to the blah feeling. It's more like a feeling is just there that is not pleasant, and THEN I try to think about why I am feeling bad ..the feeling seems to come "first" before any thoughts.
    It only seems that way because you hadn’t been paying attention to the thoughts first until after you had your feeling. And that's actually what Abraham teach us. In the book you're studying Abraham makes the point that we think trillions of thoughts each day. There's no way you could monitor all of this thoughts. You wouldn't have any mental capacity to actually live your life.

So, Abraham teach us to instead pay attention to how we feel, which we can do and which you ARE doing. (Good for you.) Our emotional guidance system was designed to tip us off to what we're doing with our vibration as we're out and about living our lives.

Now, what I hear that's tripping you up is your “I try to think about why I am feeling bad.” That “why” can really trip you up. Sometimes, that “why” can be right there on the surface, ready for the plucking. Other times, we've moved on past it.

We don't really need to find the “why” in this “work.” When you're feeling crummy, EVERY thought you are thinking is a match to your crummy feeling. You don't need to know the “why” to feel better from your crummy feeling. Just take the thoughts that you can recognize, the ones that are right there on the surface, and shift those. It doesn't matter if they are the reason “why” you started to feel crummy because they are the thoughts which are responsible for your continuing to feel crummy in that moment. So, find thoughts which feel better than those thoughts which you can identify and you will start to create for yourself relief from your crummy feeling.

I think though that the feelings are in response to perceived attitudes in the people I interact with, rather than any particular thoughts I think.
    Those are thoughts that you think. “So-and-so is mad at me” is a thought that you think. So are all the reasons or previous incidents when they looked at you in the way that they just did are all thoughts that you think.

I can put "words" to the feelings, or look back at circumstances and sort of track where I started feeling "bad", but it's really not a "thought" thing so much as a "feeling' thing (usually I feel "unworthy" or "inadequate" somehow..Like the people I'm around are judging me somehow).
    That's enough. And if you think about it, there's more to that, too. IOW, you have a whole story about why their judgement matters to you or what could happen or what might have happened in the past, etc. Was anything of that responsible for your current crummy feeling? Maybe, maybe not, but it doesn't matter. When you think about this one judging you (and what that means to you, etc.), you're not feeling great. And that's all right. But you can start soothing the these crummy thoughts which you do know. It doesn't really matter if they were what kicked off your crummy feeling. And what kicked off your crummy feeling is old news anyway.

If you're worried about more crummy feelings getting started in the future, you can soothe that thought as well. And maybe your story of being judged is a bigger, squeakier wheel than the orginating thought of your crummy feeling. Maybe it's only when you turn down the volume of your story about being judged that you'll be able to hear the orginating thought of your crummy feeling. Maybe your PoLR to soothing your originating thought is first through your story of feeling judged (or having a bad hair day or whatever).

I can tell a slight overall better feeling set point than say, a year ago, but it is very slight,...
    Don't diminish your improvement. I know it's seems “slight” to you but you really don't have any objective means of measuring your improvement. There are no instruments and no one was measuring you and charting those measurements for you. So, you have no way of accurately knowing whether it was “very slight", “slight”, or “more than slight,” especially when you bundle it all together into an “overall” set point (which is an unhelpful practice when working with these teachings).

And doesn't Abraham's car atop that San Francisco hill creep forward in a very slight fashion at the beginning? And look what happens to it, if you don't get out in front and stop it.

...and i tend to fall back often into my "practiced" set point.
    So, you mean things are working in a very normal fashion for you? Isn't that a good thing?

WG...I can't say I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one "afraid" of feeling good…
    How about “better”? Or “relief”? Are you afraid of those, too? If so, why? What are you afraid of? (That's an honest question.)

Hi guys!!!
    LU..I resonate with what you shared about being happy on your own terms.
    PBI. I really enjoyed reading all your insights about relationships,
    relief and consistency.

WB

Eostre..in addition to
    what WB said..I thought you might like this quote from Abraham.

Take your attention from that which does not please you, put your attention upon that which does please you, and you will then change the momentum. Not instantly, but it will begin to change.

CG. I love what you said about choosing something that feels easiest. I feel like that’s what this is all about..knowing we have a choice
    WG..it’s great to see you as always!

I've been busier than usual, guys. It feels good!
    I'm not sure how much I'll be able to post, but I'll definitely be keeping up with the reading.
    Wishing you all a most deliciously satisfying, joyful and empowering week!

Happy sunday everyone

OK...So I finished chapter 20 (again)...and the thing I am taking away from it most today is that "vibrational shifting is usually a gradual process". I am not really sure what's going on with me other than I tend to feel very cautious (I guess) regarding feeling anything strongly. It' s like I am often afraid to feel....either "good" or "bad"....my feelings tend to stay kind of "flat", and I think I am for some reason afraid of them, silly as that sounds. I DO want to feel GOOD...but I have to admit that in my life that has been a fleeting, almost alien thing, and was usually only brought about using chemical "aids" of some kind. (haha....old "hippie" here).

Anyway, I guess knowing that the shifting of habitual vibration patterns is "usually a gradual process" does help me feel a little better about where I am. I can't even pinpoint any "habitual thoughts" that might be keeping me in such a "flat" emotional state....I'm often not really thinking anything in particular, just neutral....maybe in an attempt to NOT think habitual "negative" thoughts. And even when I try to focus on "good feeling "or even just "better feeling" thoughts, there doesn't seem to be much result. The "relief" factor is very slight and short lived. It doesn't seem like I ever feel "good", and if I start to, I can feel my resistance to it, like I'm AFRAID to feel good, for pete's sake!

If our natural state is supposed to be "joy" and "allowing"...why is it I seem to be so resistant to that???? I think I'm still too tied into "conditions"...well, truthfully I KNOW I'm still too tied into conditions. Even when I notice something that I "like" I ALWAYS also AT THE SAME TIME and IMMEDIATELY notice what I "DON"T LIKE"! It's the old "That's nice, BUT......" (I really want to learn to leave off the "buts"....) So I guess for me the best process is to just keep on doing my meditations since that is supposed to help all your resistances across the board. It would be nice to be able to imagine things the way I used to be able to when I was under 10...I could live in an "alternate reality" for hours every day and really enjoy it.

I see that Chapter 21 introduces the 17 second process...maybe that will help.
    Eostre, I can really relate to this post. I, too, used to feel "flat" and VERY afraid - afraid of being overwhelmed, afraid of feeling. Over time, I've learned to "observe" life instead of needing to react to life. I'm not sure if it's Abraham-Hicks that have mentioned "the boat" theory, but it's a good analogy. See yourself floating in a boat, and the water is emotions. See yourself in the boat and see the emotions moving around you. You can dip your hand in the water, but don't bring the water into the boat. You learn to observe and let it go.

I'm not perfect at this, lol, but it has certainly helped with my resistance to joy.

CG