Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask and it is Given book study 2017

Welcome back to the Forum, LR!

Hey Wellbeing!

Eostre, I’m so glad you are doing much better than ever. I feel like we are all doing so well!!! YAY!

I am not always in this super happy place. But I really enjoy the variety. I love that it’s unique for all of us too.

And I’m also very appreciative of this forum and being here with you all. I prefer not to think of myself as being more or less leading edge than anyone else, but I don’t hold myself to that all the time. I allow the variety of me. :-)

Thank you for sharing all those beautiful contemplations, Eostre.. I look forward to getting your report on the workshop..and sharing more together here with you all!

Wallie girl…I’m so glad you feel relieved and accepted.. it’s LOA in action! You are accepting yourself.. and we are reflecting it. I’m so glad we are doing this book study together. And WG…as for how much resistance you have.. it doesn’t matter..where you are is perfect..all that matters is which direction you are pointed..and that you’re taking it one step at a time. So important. So good!

Lolarosanna..it’s nice to have you join us! Welcome! And I love your summary of how we can always relax into the flow of wellbeing.. so well said. It would make a nice sticky note!

Well, this week I had some pretty significant unexpected contrast come up and I was like WTF! hehe. But then I realized how beneficial it was! I feel such clarity and peace and allowing. Feels so good!

Well guys, I am just getting started with Chapter 8..and there are two things I am really loving.

First..“The entire Universe, right now, is affected by what you are offering”
    I love this.. because it says so much about who we are as blended beings!

The other thing that I see that feels brand new to me:
    “Your feelings are the representatives of your guidance system.”

I LOVE THIS! I have always felt like there is something more subtle than emotions/feelings that guide me a lot of the time…but they are not separate. I will have to ponder more about this.
    I’ll read the rest of the chapter when I’m done contemplating these gems.

Much love to y’all.

Hooray! The forum is apparently fixed! (kept logging in as other people for the past two days )

There was quite a bit in Chapter 8 that caught my attention. In this chapter it seems that Abe is stressing the importance of NOW:

"while you are awake, you are constantly projecting a very specific, easily identifiable signal that is instantly received, understood, and answered. Immediately, your present and future circumstances begin to change in response to the signal you are offering NOW."

It's somewhat tricky to me to determine what that "very specific" signal IS, sometimes, when I have a small piece of "contrast" show up in an area that I am not aware of having any particular resistance about. Something will "go wrong" and I keep asking myself, WHAT did I vibrate that brought that?????? I don't spend TOO much time wondering, but I DO wonder, and I also wonder if other people's vibration who are involved somehow "created" the circumstance ....although there had to be something about ME that allowed it to be attracted.

Another quote on the subject of NOW: "what you are thinking right now is causing a focusing of Energy that is very powerful" and that is "in this very moment, creating your world"! That is very powerful to know, and also a little "concerning", I guess is the word for it. There are so many times during a day that I'm not really aware of what I'm thinking, since lots of times my thoughts just sort of run in the "background" while I'm doing something else. I wonder if the things "in the background" while I'm reading a fiction book, say, are busy creating my world?

Another interesting part, that was also mentioned at the Atlanta workshop last Saturday: "Every thought that has ever been thought still exists, and whenever you focus upon a thought, you activate the vibration of that thought within you." What the workshop brought out was how, when you "remember" things that happened in the past, (or thoughts that you previously thought that are STILL OUT THERE) LOA then will then attract others that are like it. Which explains rather well how remembering "bad" things from the past keeps that momentum going, and why it's so important NOT to "go back". Abe mentioned that they NEVER look back, only to the now and to the future. As humans, that is something that we are not naturally inclined to do, as one of our "flawed premises" is "those who forget history are doomed to repeat it".....which is EXACTLY OPPOSITE to how LOA works.

The rest of the chapter goes on to explain more thoroughly how momentum builds, from the first attention we give something, when the vibration is not very strong, to stronger and stronger as we continue to think about it or speak about it, until we can make that thought on a subject a "dominant thought"....and then we end up with our "beliefs". The only way to deactivate any thought is to give attention to a DIFFERENT thought. And the longer we give attention to a thought, and ponder it, and become in alignment with it, THEN we begin to feel emotions that will tell us whether that thought is in agreement with Source, or not.

Giving anything our attention invites it in. Focusing on anything invites it in. People who just observe and then react are slaves to the conditions they observe around them and just "create by default". What we want to become are "visionaries"...those who give practiced attention to the subjects we WANT in our lives. And then we will thrive in ALL times.

So now we know EXACTLY how this all works, and it becomes a matter of practicing awareness and deliberate thinking....

Good Afternoon!

Thank you for your comments Eostre, treelotus and LR! And welcome, LR!

I like what you said:

Eostre: Relax more and have fun!

LR: Appreciate more!

Treelotus: Where we are is perfect. What matters is the direction in which we are heading!

Chapter 8:

“…the way you feel is the true indicator of your alignment with your Source.”

“You do not include it with your yes and exclude it with your no because there is no exclusion in this attraction-based universe. Your focus is the invitation. Your attention to it is the invitation.”

“…one who is a visionary thrives at all times.”

This chapter was a reminder to me of how important it is to be careful about what I let myself watch on TV, what I let myself read, and what I focus my attention on. My husband reminded me that the eyes are the windows to the soul. I have to really work hard on reaching for relief and focusing on better feeling thoughts when my mind drifts to the negative. I look forward to reading more and learning more from this book and from you.

I will be traveling thru 5/17 and will have limited access to the internet. Will post if I can. If not, I look forward to catching up upon my return.

Hi Guys! I feel like we are all having fun ahas and inspirations..yay!

I don't really have any comments for the rest of chapter 8 other than it just felt really good to read. I feel like I understand myself and my guidance and it just felt good to read and feel confirmed..and to feel deep genuine gratitude, appreciation and clarity.

I've been busy mixing it up..lot of sifting..choosing.. and I feel happy to be able to create and decide what I want. I feel like this journey is really something so special and unique for all of us.. and yet the more unique I feel, the more connected to others I feel too. It's like a big smile in all my waves and particles when I think about it.. hehee

WG..Do you want. us to continue on to chapter 9 or wait til you get back? Or maybe this thread is becoming a bit more free form?
    Happy Travels and Lots of Love!

Hi everyone. Just joined the Abeforum a couple of days ago. Would like to join you in the discussion of "Ask And It Is Given". I read that book a while back. I will pull it back down now to review it.

Thanks for the quotes Eostre and I agree for me it does come down to practicing awareness and deliberate thinking.

Hope everyone has a Fun day that is filled with Joy!

Welcome to the Forum, NatalieM!

Thanks WellBeing. Happy to be to be on the forum now.

Hi NatalieM. It's so nice to have you here.

Guys..I was on a break from reading..but I'm picking back up again. It seems we're doing a free form bookclub.

Chapter 9
    I loved reading about the difference between sensory indicators and vibrational indicators and realizing that, for me, the emotional feels the same as the sensory..but not the vibrational. I love that I figured that out about myself. Perhaps my words aren't even accurate to communicate exactly what I experience.. but all that matters is that I understand myself..and I love knowing that it's different for everyone. I love how unique and treasured we all are.

One of my favorite lines:

You are empowered Beings; you are utterly free to create, and when you know that, and are focused upon thigs that are in vibrational harmony with that, you feel absolute joy.

and another

In the same way that sculptors mold clay into the creation that pleases them, you create by molding Energy. You mold it through your power of focus--by thinking about things, remembering things and imagining things.

I am so enjoying this read through. I feel like every chapter is my favorite..lol It dovetails with everything I am working on and resonating with right now. I love that everything is energy. I love that all of life is spiritual. Including our emotions. I love feeling empowered by my emotions. I feel the joy of empowerment right now.

Good Evening All! I haven't forgotten about you!

It has taken me awhile to "recover" from a very difficult trip out of state to see family and I am preparing for another short trip for the holiday weekend.

At this moment, it feels so wonderful to feel wonderful! Feels like it has been forever since I have felt this way. I just breathed a big sigh of relief so I know I'm on the right track.

I will post to the thread as soon as possible as well as post a new reading schedule for June.

Sincerely,

WallieGirl