Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask and it is Given book study 2017

Hi guys, I don't want to be disruptive but can I just join in? What chapter are you guys discussing, and is there a format I should follow?

has anyone ever done this on the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by jakeysnakey View Post
    Hi guys, I don't want to be disruptive but can I just join in? What chapter are you guys discussing, and is there a format I should follow?

Hi! Of course you can join in.

Here's where we are according to our "schedule"...but it's pretty flexible. And no, I don't think it's been done on the phone since it might be hard to accommodate everyone's different time zones.

7/16-7/22
    Chapter 18
    Post by 7/22

7/23-7/29
    Chapter 19
    Post by 7/29

7/30-8/5
    Chapter 20
    Post by 8/5

Welcome !

PBI…thank you for sharing this lovely quote. I just wanted to share with you...I have had quite a bit of experience with unpleasant intrusive thoughts/sensations and it felt very empowering to me to imagine them being sucked out and deleted from my conscious experience.

Now I am at a point where intrusive thoughts still sometimes occur but much much much less. And I still do enjoy visualizing/imagining deleting..or maybe a better way to say it is..intentionally deconstructing…or transmuting them, but I also do that much less now as my conscious thoughts continue to naturally feel better and better…it’s as if those old thoughts/patterns are simply either irrelevant or I just know they are withering away.

Quote Originally Posted by practicebyignoring View Post

Remember, you can allow it or resist it in varying degrees, but the Stream of Well-Being always flows. So, even a small effort made toward choosing a better-feeling thought will net you obvious results.

And once you have taken that step and you do find that better-feeling thought, you have given yourself the conscious freedom to go from wherever you are, on any topic, to anywhere you want to be.

Once you deliberately choose a thought and consciously feel the improvement in the way you feel, you have successfully utilized your own guidance system, and you can now be on your way to the freedom that you desire and deserve—for there is nothing that you cannot be, do, or have.

Hi Jakeysnakey..nice to have you join us..

Quote Originally Posted by jakeysnakey View Post

Quote Originally Posted by treelotus View Post

PBI…thank you for sharing this lovely quote. I just wanted to share with you...I have had quite a bit of experience with unpleasant intrusive thoughts/sensations and it felt very empowering to me to imagine them being sucked out and deleted from my conscious experience.

Now I am at a point where intrusive thoughts still sometimes occur but much much much less. And I still do enjoy visualizing/imagining deleting..or maybe a better way to say it is..intentionally deconstructing…or transmuting them, but I also do that much less now as my conscious thoughts continue to naturally feel better and better…it’s as if those old thoughts/patterns are simply either irrelevant or I just know they are withering away.

I like this idea...I may try it too. Sometimes I imagine covering an intrusive or unwanted thought with one of those "no" signs....the red circle with the slash through it.

Hi Eostre..I am glad you are finding your balance again...

Quote Originally Posted by Eostre View Post
    Last week was sort of a high-contrast week for me....I got knocked way down the emotional scale for a few days....back all the way to "fear and powerlessness". Had a few nights with nightmares every night, but today I am managing to find some balance again. I just have to keep meditating and REMEMBERING that ALL IS REALLY WELL and the only thing that really matters in the universe is to accept that I am constantly part of and surrounded by Pure Positive Energy and Love. There is nothing I have to DO...I just have to relax and realize that everything I want to be, do or have is ALREADY DONE.

(And stop looking at that tabasco sauce in the kitchen! )

I read this and saw an image of a bottle of tobasco sauce in the red circle with the slash..

Quote Originally Posted by Eostre View Post
    I like this idea...I may try it too. Sometimes I imagine covering an intrusive or unwanted thought with one of those "no" signs....the red circle with the slash through it.

Hi all! I see you're discussing my favorite book of all time! Just dropped in to say "Hiya!"

OMG!!!BEV!!!
    p.s. I had a wish to hear from you a couple days ago... I asked and it has been given..

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovejazz View Post
    Hi all! I see you're discussing my favorite book of all time! Just dropped in to say "Hiya!"
    I was thinking of you too recently ,same as Tree , so good to see you visiting.