Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask and it is Given book study 2017

Hi All! I enjoyed your posts. Sorry for the delay. I have been so distracted in the last week with tax deadlines and health issues that I totally forgot to post.

This is the text that stood out to me the most in Chapter 3:

Page 12, top: “…ultimately the creation of your life experience is absolutely and only up to you.”
    First paragraph: “You have never enjoyed someone else telling you what to do. You have never enjoyed being dissuaded from your own powerful impulses. But over time, with enough pressure from those who surrounded you who seemed convinced that their practiced way more valid that your way (and, therefore, ultimately better) you gradually began to release your determination to guide your own life.”

My husband has a lot of good ideas. Some, not so good. And he often thinks he knows what’s best for me. It takes a lot of strength and determination on my part to do my own thing, or stand my ground, but I do, most of the time. Sometimes, I give in against my better judgement just to keep the peace. Not last night. He wanted to hire a particular handyman as well as order an expensive item for the house. I’m not settled on doing either yet. As determined as he was, I just kept telling him (very calmly) that I didn't feel good about making a decision yet and wanted to wait. He eventually agreed. I was so glad I stood firm rather than give in.

Last paragraph: “This book is about your realignment with Source Energy. It is about your reawakening to the clarity, goodness, and power that is really who you are. It is written to assist you in consciously returning to the knowledge that you are free and that you always have been free – and that you always will be free to make your own choices. There is no satisfaction in allowing someone else to attempt to create your reality. In fact, it is not possible for anyone else to create your reality.”

Amen to that!

I will post my comments on Chapter 4 to this thread by Saturday as well as post a new thread and reading schedule starting with Chapter 5 for the month of April. (I said “May” by mistake in my very first post).

HiWalliegirl.. Glad you are back. I love what you shared! It feels deliciously loving and harmonious.
    I just read chapter 4 and what stands out to me is this:

"This book is about you putting yourself in a vibrational place of receiving all that you are asking for. "

I really love that. It's not about the words so much as the vibration I feel and how it inspires me as I read it.

Thanks much treelotus! I always love what you share. The same text you quoted stood out to me!

I related to this text as well:

“…now you are going to feel your way into allowing yourself to receive it, one feeling at a time.”

I’m learning a lot about this from an Abraham book I just started reading, “Sara, Book 1”. It’s delightful! I would love to know what books this group feels most inspired by.

“You cannot offer a thought that would cause total separation…”

“You create your own reality even if you do not understand that you do so. For that reason, you often create by default.”

“You ask through your attention, through your wanting, through your desire – that is the asking…You do not have to use your words. You just have to feel it in your being: I desire this. I adore this. I appreciate this, and so on. That desire in the beginning of all attraction.”

Quote Originally Posted by WallieGirl View Post
    Hi All! I enjoyed your posts. Sorry for the delay. I have been so distracted in the last week with tax deadlines and health issues that I totally forgot to post.
    I was taking medication that made me very sleepy. Ultimately, I decided that the side effects outweighed the benefits, so I stopped taking it. However, I didn't wean myself off properly and now I can't sleep. Hope I get some shut eye soon!

I’m learning a lot about this from an Abraham book I just started reading, “Sara, Book 1”. It’s delightful!
    Specifically, this is what moved me. The owl talked about following 4 steps:

1. Recognize what you do not want.
    2. Decide what you do want.
    3. Talk about why you want it (see Step 2); describe what it would be like to have it; explain it, pretend it or remember another time like it; keep thinking about it until you find that feeling place. Talk to yourself about what you want until you feel good.
    4. Manifestation!

Can anyone describe their experience following these steps? I would love to "hear" about it.

I was taking medication that made me very sleepy. Ultimately, I decided that the side effects outweighed the benefits, so I stopped taking it. However, I didn't wean myself off properly and now I can't sleep. Hope I get some shut eye soon!
    I had an amazing sleep last night. Thank you to anyone who saw this and prayed.

More thoughts about Chapter 4:

“You ask through your attention, through your wanting, through your desire – that is the asking (whether you desire it to happen, or you desire it not to happen, you are asking….). You do not have to use your words. You just have to feel it in your being: I desire this. I adore this. I appreciate this, and so on. That desire is the beginning of all attraction.”

I wish I were farther along in this. But I’m not. I feel like I’m starting over. So here it goes. It’s like there are two forces living within in me – one is evil and self-destructive and one so desperately wants to be happy. The negative thoughts often creep in. Awful thoughts. And I have had similar thoughts for years – the same negative theme. I thought I worked through them in therapy but they don’t go away. How do I change my thinking so they go away before they manifest? How can I change my thinking? What do I do when they come up?
    I will keep seeking, searching, praying, trying….to change….to work through this.

Anyone...moderators...please share your thoughts on this with me.

Ask and It Is Given book study: April and May 2017

(This book study was started in March 2017)

4/2-4/8
    Chapter 5
    Post by 4/8

4/9-4/15
    Chapter 6
    Post by 4/15

4/16-4/22
    Chapter 7
    Post by 4/22

4/23-4/29
    Chapter 8
    Post by 4/29

4/30-5/6
    Chapter 9
    Post by 5/6

5/7-5/13
    Chapter 10
    Post by 5/13

5/14-5/20
    Chapter 11
    Post by 5/20

5/21-5/27
    Chapter 12
    Post by 5/27

5/28-6/3
    Chapter 13
    Post by 6/3

Moderator's note

I've merged your new thread into the existing thread. We only broke up the old study group threads into months because we were doing a page a day and the threads became to unwieldily. I think you'll attract more playmates of that can follow from the begging and then jump in where you now are.

I wish I were farther along in this. But I’m not. I feel like I’m starting over.
    You're not starting over. You have the experience of learning to apply what you know to your life. Even when you're discovering what DOESN'T work, that's still important work.
    So here it goes. It’s like there are two forces living within in me – one is evil and self-destructive and one so desperately wants to be happy.
    There aren't. You are where you are and that's okay, but it's your desperation to not be where you are that keeps you there. The more you push against where you are, which you're doing by calling it an "evil, self-destructive force," the more you get mired in where you are. You're never going to push hard enough against something to make it go away. Rather, lean in the direction of making PEACE with things instead, and you'll start to make some progress. The other piece of it is this -- desperation isn't going to make you jump all the way over to feeling happy. That sense that you're not where you're supposed to be is that same thing that keeps you where you are. If you'll let go of that and just reassure yourself that where you are is okay, then you can start aiming for feeling a little BETTER than how you're feeling. The important thing to keep in mind is that BETTER doesn't mean feel "GOOD" or "POSITIVE," for now it just means "a littl less crappy."
    The negative thoughts often creep in. Awful thoughts. And I have had similar thoughts for years – the same negative theme.
    You're not just the broadcaster of thoughts, you're also the RECEIVER of thoughts. They're indicators of vibration. They're reflecting back how you feel. So in that sense, they're very helpful. If you were in your car and the gas gauge was showing you that the gas tank is almost out of gas, would you describe that as "negative" and "awful?" Would you talk about how the red light bringing your attention to the fact that you're running out of gas is an evil, self-destructive force? I suppose that if you don't realize that the red light and gas gauge are there to get your attention and give you the opportunity to go fill up the tank, you could think they are. If you don't use them as intended and keep driving, I suppose it makes sense that you might think them as car-killers. In that sense, they're the harbinger that means your car is going to stop working. In the bigger picture, you understand that the gas gauge and red light are really your friends giving you important information.
    I thought I worked through them in therapy but they don’t go away. How do I change my thinking so they go away before they manifest? How can I change my thinking? What do I do when they come up?
    Here's the most important question -- how do those thoughts FEEL when you think them? They're going to keep coming as long as you keep feeling the way you're feeling. So the answer is to reach for thoughts that feel BETTER. As I mentioned before, right now, BETTER just means a little less crappy. Get out your copy of the EGS and look for what's around however you're feeling and aim for a step or two above where you are.