Page 1 of 29 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask and it is Given book study 2017

Ask and it is Given book study 2017

Is anyone interested in participating in a study of the book "Ask and it is Given", one chapter a week, with a new thread created for each month? For example, from now through the end of March, (the idea I have in mind for) the study would look like something like this:

2/22/17-3/4/17
    Read: Forward through the Introduction
    Post comments (throughout the week) by: Saturday, 3/4/17

3/5/17-3/11/17
    Read: Chapter 1
    Post comments by: Saturday, 3/11/17

3/12/17-3/18/17
    Read: Chapter 2
    Post comments by: Saturday, 3/18/17

3/19/17-3/25/14
    Read: Chapter 3
    Post comments by: Saturday, 3/25/17

3/26/17-4/1/17
    Read: Chapter 4
    Post comments by: Saturday, 4/1/17

A new thread for the month of May starting with Chapter 5 would go up on Saturday, 4/1/17 for 4/2/17-4/8/17.

Does this sound appealing to anyone?

Sincerely,

WallieG

I just finished the first read-through but I'm up for reading it again and would love to see everyone's comments.

Great, Eostre! Shall we give it a try, even if it's just the two of us?

Sure, why not? I'll get busy and re-read the Forward and Intro then.

Great! Here's my first post on the reading.

Foreword Page xiii, second paragraph: "...I urge you to simple carry this book with you for a few weeks. Allow the energy that it contains to permeate through any resistance that your body/mind might offer, and let it resonate with that inner place that is formless and boundaryless..." I really like that. I was concerned that I wouldn't have the time to do the reading at home, so I kept the book with me in the front seat of my car to read in between meetings, etc. It didn't dawn on me until I read that, that the book itself contained an energy that could, and I'm sure did, bring me peace.

Page xiv, bottom of the first paragraph: "It was in the leaving of this Source Energy in our body/minds that we took on our entire world of problems, illnesses, scarcities, and fears." I left the Source Energy for awhile and have recently come back to it. It feels good. I go to an Abraham discussion group on Thursdays and we watch a DVD. Abraham said some things to the people on the hot seat that really resonated with me. (Not verbatim): "It's true because you believe it", "You need to be willing to pay the price of feeling good", "ask yourself what your core belief is for today, i.e. 'Things are always working out for me'", and "begin looking for the evidence of your well being".

Page xiv, 3rd paragraph: "You're in direct, conscious contact with a cadre of honest, no-nonsense beings who have only your well being in mind. They'll remind you that you came from a Source of well-being and that you can either summon that higher vibrational energy to yourself and allow it to flow unimpeded in every aspect of your life, or you can resist it, and by doing so stay disconnected from that which is all-provided and all-loving." I choose to stay connected today!

Hi guys! This thread just caught my eye. Thanks for sharing! I am reading along with you. I am soaking it in more vibrationally this time as I read. It is interesting for me. I loved feeling the essence of Wayne Dyer's intro and the feeling of safety, love and wellbeing Esther describes upon meeting Abraham.

From Wayne Dyer's Foreward

"The message here is quite startling and yet oh-so-simple--you came from a Source of love and well-being. When you're matched up to that energy of peace and love, you then regain the power of your Source--that being the power to manifest your desires, to summon well-being, to attract abundance where scarcity previously resided, and to access Divine guidance in the form of the right peole and the precisely correct circumstances. This is what your Source does, and since you emanated form that Source, you can and will do the same."

Thank you for your comments and for referencing that quote, treelotus. It's wonderful to have you here! I look forward to sharing thoughts on this wonderful book with you.

I just loved the introduction, and reading about Esther's experience with Sheila, Theo and then Abraham!

Here's what stood out to me in this chapter: Page xxix, last paragraph and page xxx, top: "...they're teachers who guide us from wherever we are to wherever we want to be...it is their work to assist us in achieving whatever we desire...Our only desire for you is to discover the way to achieve your desires." It's so good to be reminded of that before reading the next chapter.

Page xxxi, last paragraph: "So I'm going to relax here, and allow Abraham to immediately begin writing this book to you." I am very excited to be reading this book again, knowing that Abraham is speaking directly to me.

Quote Originally Posted by WallieGirl View Post
    Page xiv, 3rd paragraph: "You're in direct, conscious contact with a cadre of honest, no-nonsense beings who have only your well being in mind. They'll remind you that you came from a Source of well-being and that you can either summon that higher vibrational energy to yourself and allow it to flow unimpeded in every aspect of your life, or you can resist it, and by doing so stay disconnected from that which is all-provided and all-loving." I choose to stay connected today!
    I love how they say "no nonsense beings" "who have only your well being in mind"

i'll be following your book club from time to time have fun

Thanks much, lemon-up! I love your avatar!

In Chapter 1, what stood out to me was Page 5, first, second and last paragraphs:

First paragraph: "...you will only receive whatever you are now ready to receive...every reading of this book will net you something more...It is a book that will help Physical Beings understand their relationship to GOD and to ALL-THAT-THEY REALLY-ARE."

Second paragraph: "This is a book that will help you understand who you really are, who you have been, where you are going, and all that you continue to be."

Last paragraph: "As you apply these processes, and as your memory awakens to the powerful Laws of the Universe - your naturally joyful zest for life will return." I lost my joyful zest for life a while and I'm trying to get it back. I know that reading this book and applying the processes will help!