Thread: Focus wheels, annoying customers and a 30 day holiday away from my "most pressing iss

Focus wheels, annoying customers and a 30 day holiday away from my "most pressing iss

Hi guys. I'm taking a new approach to this "work". Recently I have got really bogged down with major issues relating to relationships, body conditions, finances, career, world events and been trying to use the teachings to wrestle all these issues to the ground, which of course doesn't work. And whilst I have applied some processes to soothe myself and it has worked in providing some relief, I can see in my own life that these topics have a lot momentum towards unwanted in my life experience.
    Instead of going straight for these "major issues" I am going to go for subjects that have less momentum, that irritate and annoy me. Each day take a topic that annoys or irritated me or angers me and shift my focus on it and then come back to subjects that REALLY grind my gears in about 30 days (I'm sure you have read about these in my previous threads).
    I work in retail and the other day I encountered a customer who was pretty rude and aggressive. And I find myself quite irritable around customers often in my place of work.
    My focus wheel:

Statement of what I don't want: I don't want difficult, petty, annoying customers

STatement of what I do want: I want lovely nice interesting customers who are a pleasure to serve (i wrote in the centre of the circle )

12. Most people I serve are actually rather nice
    1. It is actually quite rare that I serve anyone who is really rude that is why it stands out so much
    2. That rude woman probably want in 5 other places and was rude to the staff that served them
    3. If it has been another of my colleagues who served her she would have been the same to get so it probably was nothing personal
    4.I do occasionally have customers I enjoy talking to, even if they are my friends in serving
    5.not every customer is exactly the same
    6. There was a time when I absolutely loved talking to and serving customers most of the time
    7. Even back in those days, there were annoying rude customers and what has changed is my focus
    8. I actually really do like the feeling of giving really good service to a customer it gives me a buzz☺
    9. It was the original reason I got into this line of work: the people and interacting and encountering them
    10. It would be so good to go back to my original way of working and talking to customers
    11. Some of the most amazing people I have spoken to have been customers at work
    12. I actually want to go to work and speak to customers

I did this before going to work. I felt better after doing it and actually felt more laidback.
    Today I got deployed to a quieter area of the store where I served a lovely woman who I had a five minute conversation with . Today still had its issues but I felt ok at work around customers.

My first focus wheel☺

Moderator's note

Congratulations on your first Focus Wheel.

Since your intention is to focus away from your issues, do you want to remove your issue from your thread title?

PM a moderator and let them know, if you want to, as well as what you'd like your revised thread title to read.

I'd really like to change the title of this thread, but I'm not entirely sure who to PM. Anyway today's focus wheel.

I have just started doing this 30 day process on issues that bother me but havent gathered much momentum

What I don't want: I don't want to get into the specifics of what I don't want, make half assed attempts to shift it, get into a process but get frustrated halfway through and give up

What I do want: I want to have fun with this process, I want it to be easy, I want to find relief, I would like to get good at focus wheels

Statement in the middle: I want to get good at focus wheels

1. I enjoy learning new things
    2.I like knowing I am in control of what I think
    3. I like choosing thoughts that feel slightly better
    4. Nobody else thinks for me
    5. I am in charge what I focus on even if it is unwanted
    6. I already know how to think and focus
    7. It will be such fun to get more deliberate on what I focus on
    8. I don't have to make quantumn leaps in this, I can just make small steps in focusing on what is wanted
    9. I can actually feel more powerful just having this little conversation with myself
    10. This is actually quite fun
    11. I am looking forwards to having more ease and flow in my life
    12. I can't wait to step back into my own power

Super Moderator Hands in the Clay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    Congratulations on your first Focus Wheel.

Since your intention is to focus away from your issues, do you want to remove your issue from your thread title?

PM a moderator and let them know, if you want to, as well as what you'd like your revised thread title to read.
    Marc, WellBeing, myself, or just put the title you'd prefer in a post and we'll get to it.