Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moving fowards: my new better feeling story

I think I need to actually tell a new story about practising these teachings.
    Abraham tell us that humans are sloppy in their focus and that we just simply allow our focus to just, sort of, bounce around in response to whatever we observe. That is what I did today....which is sort of contrary to the whole point of this thread. Being more deliberate.
    Well today has simply been just that. I went to work. It was....erm....sort of ok....I told a new story about work over the last few days and now it doesn't seem like the most Horrible Place In the Entire Universe to work. And it was just very boring. But mainly because I wasn't determined enough to put enough energy into another vision of reality that hasn't yet manifested yet.
    And that is what I most want to soothe. I'm putting the cart before the horse here. At the end of the day, I still want that physical manifestation to change before I can actually feel better about those important topics.
    Some late night musings here.....

Some better feeling thoughts about money

Today I had some quite resistant thoughts on the topic of money. I feel uneasy about spending money and the way it goes out so easily. So I started poking around for thoughts that feel better:

* It doesn't matter what I do, no matter how many hours I work, there is never, ever enough money in my life. It comes into my life so hard and goes out so quickly.

^feels really bad, feels absolute and off.

* I have often had the experience of not having enough money to do what I want and I don't like it

^ worded slightly better....isolated experiences rather than something so permanent.

The pennies don't play a role in my life like I would like them to. I have had the experience time and time again of not having the bucks and the pennies I would need to cover the expenses of things I want to do and have. I have often been very agitated about this ( still feeling very agitated and still "off")

This situation that I keep re-experiencing really sucks (more general, feels better)

I really really want it to be different and I'm still noticing it's the same ( frustrated and general)

I really really want this thing that has really really been this way for such a long long time to be suddenly be different right NOW this minute !!!!!!!

Funnily enough something clicked there. I essentially want this to be different right now before I can feel better. That's something I can soothe

* Its not absolutely essential to my well being forever more if this thing that I want to be different suddenly and dramatically changed to what I want. It's not life or death if the situation doesn't right away change.

^ some relief felt there. Feels less immediate. Going to bask in this a bit more

It is not that important that things dramatically turn around suddenly in this area....actually it would be rather unsettling....I don't need immediate access to unlimited abundance......I am where I am and it's not really that bad, it's average.

^ same....some relief. Still quite general.

I am where I am....I'd like it if it was less struggle and much easier
    ^ hmmmm it still feels like struggle though

Maybe there is a way forward for me, but I feel really cut off from it-I have no access to this path at all, and i kind of doubt there is one ( still general, but feels worse)

Perhaps there is A way forward, but the path is nowhere near clear enough....it's fuzzy. Doesn't mean it's not there. But it's not clear and obvious enough right here and now
    (Slightly better)

I am open to the slight possibility there could be one way forward at least.....there have been other times when I have enjoyed the clarity where solutions and ideas have presented themselves to me effotlessly where previously they had not been.....these experiences happened...they were quite shortlives but they happened... and it would be nice to experience then again.....even though that clarity was on different topics it could apply to this one topic
    ^ much better feeling some relief there, but the relief is a bit short-lived because it feels a bit insecire like I'm stretching a bit too far

* I am where I am. This is my path. I have a relationship with money like every person on this planet. I have preferences and I want improvement. That is ok. It's ok that today it less than what I consider to be perfect.

Old story: my victimhood story:

For most of my life I have practised being a victim. I have blamed everything and everyone for everything I think is wrong with my lufw . whether its work or relationships, money or whatever -I feel like someone or something has power over me.
    It just seems like things just happen to me throughout the day. Like things just happen and there are no laws governing anything. I am completely dependant on my parents,my employer, my wage slip, my....whatever. I feel powerless

New story:
    My Untapped Power Story:

I have have spent a great deal of my life practising something. I am really really good at practising and focusing.

I have practised the THOUGHT of being a victim, of being unworthy, of being this or that....I have practised the thought of something or someone having power over me....but it is just A THOUGHT. I can move in the other direction.

I can do this. I am doing it. Now I just want to get more momentum flowing more and more in the direction of my wanted. Like a child learning to rides bike I will fall off the bike. When I fall off the bike and revert back to the old patterns of thought, I haven't failed at all, its just part of the learning process.

I've got this.....

Super Moderator Hands in the Clay's Avatar
    LW, I'm just bopping in here to say that you are MAKING PROGRESS.

I may not post much, but I'm watching what's going on, and the vibration and awareness that emanates from this last post of yours (meaning from YOU) is vastly different from where you were in early days here.

It may not feel "dramatic" to you in terms of physical change at this point, but vibrational change translates to physical change in time, and you feel better in the meantime (and, as we all learn eventually, feeling bad hasn't actually gotten you where you want to be, has it? It won't, ever - you can trust that now as an absolute fact).

As is clearly explained in the MLOA CD that comes with the book, if you keep it up and you keep it up and you keep it up, you do actually make it from Phoenix to San Diego, by reaching for relief as often as you can, even if it's just going from fear to rage, or from anger to disappointment.

Just as kids we rarely see seem to grow up very fast (but don't recognize that change themselves), someone who's persisting with the Teachings bit by bit can be radiating a very different vibration and not realize it, because it came about so gradually and they're so preoccupied with What-Is, or the novelty of the focused work. So I'm telling you: Your recent work is really honing in on things that will shift key elements of your vibration and you are getting your feet stable beneath you in this practice. You are clearly making vibrational progress - just keep doing that, and remember that feeling better is more than its own reward - it DOES result in change, just don't champ at the bit for that change to show up yet. Don't watch the pot to see if it's boiling. Let the Universe work its way in through the cracks and don't make assumptions about how it's going to do that. Keep the faith and just keep up the work and enjoy feeling better - life will take on different colors for you, AND you and the Universe will start flowing in the same direction, and you'll know it when you see it. In the meantime, just FEEL it.

Listen to the YouTube clip with the exact title "Abraham-Hicks: Feel Good Now, It's Important!" - the text is also transcribed in this thread: http://www.abeforum.com/showthread.p...-feel-good-NOW

You're DOING IT. Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hands in the Clay View Post
    LW, I'm just bopping in here to say that you are MAKING PROGRESS.

I may not post much, but I'm watching what's going on, and the vibration and awareness that emanates from this last post of yours (meaning from YOU) is vastly different from where you were in early days here.

It may not feel "dramatic" to you in terms of physical change at this point, but vibrational change translates to physical change in time, and you feel better in the meantime (and, as we all learn eventually, feeling bad hasn't actually gotten you where you want to be, has it? It won't, ever - you can trust that now as an absolute fact).

As is clearly explained in the MLOA CD that comes with the book, if you keep it up and you keep it up and you keep it up, you do actually make it from Phoenix to San Diego, by reaching for relief as often as you can, even if it's just going from fear to rage, or from anger to disappointment.

Just as kids we rarely see seem to grow up very fast (but don't recognize that change themselves), someone who's persisting with the Teachings bit by bit can be radiating a very different vibration and not realize it, because it came about so gradually and they're so preoccupied with What-Is, or the novelty of the focused work. So I'm telling you: Your recent work is really honing in on things that will shift key elements of your vibration and you are getting your feet stable beneath you in this practice. You are clearly making vibrational progress - just keep doing that, and remember that feeling better is more than its own reward - it DOES result in change, just don't champ at the bit for that change to show up yet. Don't watch the pot to see if it's boiling. Let the Universe work its way in through the cracks and don't make assumptions about how it's going to do that. Keep the faith and just keep up the work and enjoy feeling better - life will take on different colors for you, AND you and the Universe will start flowing in the same direction, and you'll know it when you see it. In the meantime, just FEEL it.

Listen to the YouTube clip with the exact title "Abraham-Hicks: Feel Good Now, It's Important!" - the text is also transcribed in this thread: http://www.abeforum.com/showthread.p...-feel-good-NOW

You're DOING IT. Bravo.
    Thank you for this Dear Purple One!

Its good to get feedback from moderators and other forum members. Whilst we are singing praises I do appreciate your posts and your input. I have gotten a lot of mileage out of your change your story thread and out of the responses you gave to my old" getting older "thread.

I have to say that going back over previous threads, I can see little bits of progress. Sometimes you don't really notice the difference because I'm so used to thinking of change as being like a quantum leap.
    But im starting to learn that its about little subtle changes and the baby steps....over time I've gone from being so utterly depressed and thinking that the world has ended because a woman had stopped messaging me.....to actually finding it laughable looking back over those posts and looking at how I felt back then, and now emotional state is feeling frustrated, irritable and pissy.....(.not over that previous topic but over another.)
    I don't put HFS,s on any of this either. Just open my little ol' notebook and start doing a Process 22 moving up the egs, focus wheel, finding a BFT etc.

I'm not perfect (my IB would probably not come down and agree with my definition of perfection anyway ) I don't do the work perfectly, I have days where I don't practise the teachings.
    Hell even today I have had a few " FML " moments. But the useful thing about this forum is that I can look back over my previous threads and get a road map back to some better feeling thoughts.
    I like to stand around and bitch and moan and eat junk food and go out and have a few beers....I like that we are all human and we don't necessarily have to be "perfect" I am not anywhere near the vicinity of putting pictures of pretty sunsets and cute little bunnies ( not that there is anything wrong with that)But this is my art and I do this my way!!

I want to get more stabilised in that better feeling vibration .

Here is another example of a better feeling story:

Old story:
    Career dissatisfaction story:
    "A few years ago I seemed to have everything going for me. I was living in an exciting city, I was at university, and I had friends all over the country. But then I dropped out , moved home and got this job.
    All these years I have been stuck in the same oldjob and I'm bored. Its in an area that I'm really not interested in. I know that there are better things I could be doing with my life. I miss my uni days. I just feel trapped and quite sad that my life has become a daily grind."

New career story:

There are aspects of my decision to work that have really paid off for me. I always wanted to stand on my own two feet and live out of my own pocket instead of being completely reliant on my parents.
    I wanted that feeling of independence. And that feeling of being resourceful.After a succession of utterly shit jobs where I only lasted two weeks, it was a welcome change to actually hold down a job.
    As well as remembering the excitement of being at uni, I also remembered the excitement of getting my first job and actually being excited about going out and mingling with people. I can remember being excited about getting my first paycheque. And I liked the idea of having a structure to the day. And to this day I still get something out of that decision.
    I still get spare time and I do some artwork, read, watch intersting tv . I still speak with interesting people from time to time.
    I probably get the same satisfaction today as I did back then when I was at uni. Possibly even more. All those aspects of being independent, being free, having that income ........those are things that I still experience right now and would like to continue to experience whether in this work envoironment or at that university or wherever........yeah, all good. Just needed a little fine tuning

Old money story:

I like everyone else, never seem to have enough money. I do OK, I just about keep my head above water. I am doing a bit better than a few years back when I was in over my head. But yet I never seem to make much headway. I am right now limited to one source of income from my day job. The times when I do get extra money are short lived.
    I have a!ways wanted more money to flow through my experience, yet I see so many people living the absence of the financial freedom they desire. I worry things will take a turn for the worse, that I will lose my job or we will end up in another recession. Or something e!se will occur in my experience.

New better feeling story about money:

I am more resourceful than I give myself credit for. I turned things around pretty well. I have turned a corner. Right now things are pretty stable and I have a good platform to proceed from.
    I like the idea of doors opening up for me. I like the idea of being freed up. I like the feeling of being freed up and receptive.
    When it comes to money, I could lean in the direction more of what I want. That is a freedom I always have. A big pile of money might not appear on my doorstep straight away, but that's fine. It is a mental process of guiding my thoughts..
    My current bank balance and situation might not easily inspire it, the one thing that gives me comfort is that I can come up with a different vision for my financial picture....in the same way I can approach a blank canvas and paint whatever I want on it, I can do the same thing with my mind with regards to financial abundance.
    I like the idea of the true leverage of thought. There are millions and millions of better feeling thoughts I could right now this very second think about the subject of money. I can guide myself and train myself into those new ways of thinking, regardless of anything else is doing . It doesn't matter if I fall back I I into those old patterns of thought, which I will from time to time. I don't have to beat myself up for that, its just part of the learning process. MY learning process.