Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving fowards: my new better feeling story

Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    Done!

Now that we have that taken care of, how will you proceed?
    I was going to write a long explanation of my new intentions for this thread. In fact I did multiple drafts of this post cos I like to give considered responses and I have been re-reading the books. But I'm just gonna go straight into some examples of how I'm changing old stories into New improved better feeling stories:

Old story: I hate the hours I get at work. I have weeks where I am practically living in my workplace. Some days I finish work, knowing full well that tommorow I get to turn around and do it all again tommorow. Christmas and holiday season is coming up and I'm dreading the fact I'm going to be living there..I might as well bring my bed to work.

New story: That is one area of my life where I definitely am in demand.....my time is valued there. My manager just can't get enough of me. My presence is an integral part of the working day and the running of the store. There is an abundance of hours there at the minute which also means an abundance of money. Every bit of overtime is another oppurtunity to make extra cash. My hours do fluctuate quite a lot and there are times when I get less hours at work but get to spend more time at home.

Old story: I have worked at the store for ten years and I just feel stuck. Almost every shift somebody points out that I'm part of the furniture. I'm at a standstill, I don't want to progress, but I don't want to stay where I am either.

New story: For the last few years I have chosen to work there. I have shown loyalty to my workplace. I have a long established association with not only the store, but also the company. In all that time, other job opportunities have presented themselves, but I chose to stick with this current position. All the years I have worked there, I now have plenty of hands-on experience under my belt....I might even have skills which would be an asset in another role.

Old story: This is such a dead end town. There are hardly any oppurtunities here and this job is the only thing I can get. If I wanted to get anything better, I would have to leave, and i can't afford to right now.

New story: reagardless of where you live, there must be oppurtunities to mAke money. Look at the internet.......doesn't matter about your location, still provides oppurtunities for streams of income. In the time that I hAve been in my current position, some people have gone through 3 or 4 different jobs even in this town.....maybe there are oppurtunities and possibilities where I stand now?

Was quite amusing doing some of this....My boss desires so much of my time .....just my greatest fan ever and can't stop effectively giving me money (hours). It's almost like she's a customer too

Mornings seem to be a difficult time emotionally. This morning in particular I felt myself right at the bottom of the scale over numerous topics. I felt powerless and depressed so spent some time in my notebook writing out thoughts and trying to soothe them. Work in particular, is a topic that is particulary thorny.

I just couldn't get myself into a place where I could tell a better feeling story about my work situation.Every time I tried to do it, it didn't feel genuine. It felt like I was efforting. As far as I was concerned, I am trapped and my situation is crappy and that is that.
    So want for some slow movements up the EGS first. I don't want to tell my new improved story...... (not so much a story as a complete fantasy)
    The only thing I can come up with is: how much I hate the place, I hate the store.....so maybe I could win the lottery or somehow come across a decent sum of money.....then share that money with some members of staff I do like and a select few friends and family....and then burn the place down to the ground!!! And fake my own death and disapear to the south of France under a fake identity with a beautiful woman of my dreams with enough money to last five lifetimes and spend my days painting canvases....
    Ok serious now
    I moved up a couple of rungs up the scale. I was in depression and feeling really really crappy over many aspects of my life experience, particulary work. I feel so crappy about work, especially since Christmas is coming and I'm practically going to be at work all the time, away from family.

Powerlessness/ despair:
    I feel so crappy about my working hours. I have no control, nothing over what I hours I work or when. I have had enough, but kind are so few around here, I take whatever I can get. Sometimes I just think I should bring my bed to work since I'm always bloody there. I feel like I'm in prison, incarcerated.

insecurity:
    The holidays are round the corner and I just know I'm going to be there all the time... I don't know what my working hours are going to be.....I dread it...but I just don't know any other way to make money, I wish I could figure something out.

Jealousy:
    There are people I know who just work weekdays and get weekends off....I wish that was me....there are people I know who have better jobs that allow them to get Christmas off, some of them even worked where I still work...I wish I was further along

Hatred/ rage:
    I am so freaking sick of those four walls. I've had enough. I'm fed up with having to be at some place I don't want to be, for x amount of time, to do some pointless crap I don't want to do....I'm sick of it!!!

The best feeling thought I think I have had about work today is: me going up to my manager giving her my notice because I have found another job and am moving onto better things.....but then I feel guilty because my boss is nice to me and then back down to powerless/ sadness because it doesn't feel possible for me from where I am....so am I reaching too far up the scale???

Hi, don't know if I'm allowed to write on here, but what I usually do with situations where I'm moving up but it doesn't really feel good is just to go general.

Try writing out completely and fully and don't hold back on level powerlessness. Then from there go general: "There's nothing I can do." "Can't change anything" "What's the point?"

See if that helps, it helps me sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by lauriewinter09 View Post
    Mornings seem to be a difficult time emotionally.

So, let’s talk about this some, because Abraham teach us that, when we awake, we have reset our vibrational momentum. Mornings, in their opinion, is the time of the day when we best have the opportunity to set into motion a momentum that we want.

In fact, they teach us to Pre-Pave that as we go to bed each night. They have recommended that, as we settle in to our beds to go to sleep, we might take some gentle satisfaction of our beds, the warm blankets, the respite away from things like work, whatever you can find. The key word is “gentle.” There’s no need to make a big deal of it. Then they ask us to remind ourselves of the vibrational fact that when we sleep, we largely withdraw our focus from this world. Where do we go? We join the perspective of our IB, so we offer our vibration whilst we sleep from one single perspective. So, there’s no opportunity for resistance. (Because we can only have resistance when we have two disagreeing opinions. That doesn’t happen whilst we sleep.)

Furthermore, when we sleep, our one single perspective is aligned with the Stream of Well-Being (which is why sleep is restorative for some many on our planet). So, that’s a bunch of hours that you’re focusing with your IB on your Vortex. Pretty cool, huh?

Now, when we wake up, we wake up from that perspective. We have 16 seconds to keep that momentum going. So, you get to choose. (It may be clumsy at first, but you still get to choose.) A lot of people just choose by habit. IOW, they start their day thinking about what they thought about yesterday (and the day before and the day before and…). But, when you wake up, you can choose.

Now, you’re barely conscious so choose lightly. If you have wonderful soft sheets on your bed, focus there for just a little bit. You could decide to think about a delicious memory. You could contemplate just the idea of an emotion that you might want to experience in your day. Abraham typically call this “setting your emotional tone,” but I prefer when they described it in terms of picking out an outfit that you’re going to wear for the day. In the same way that you pick out what you’re going to wear, you can decide “I want to feel Fun” and focus on what Fun means to you. As you do that just a little bit (Try it now. I’ll wait.) the LoA will bring to you more thoughts (even memories) of Fun. That’s a momentum that you’ve just created for yourself.

Now, just like--when you were learning to walk--you didn’t just haul yourself up from crawling to directly run out the door into a passing marathon to run forever more, chances are you won’t get very far into your day with this at first. Abraham used to tease how Esther didn’t make it to breakfast. That’s all right. It’s a start.

Another thing you might want to do (in conjunction with this) is to meditate. It’s easiest to quiet our minds (which is what meditation is) first thing in the morning because life hasn’t come at us yet. So, if after you’ve picked out your vibrational outfit for the day and perhaps after you’ve had your morning pee and maybe something in your tummy, you might want to sit down to meditate (There are instructions online or in AAIIG.) for 15 or 20 minutes. You’ll want to do your meditation before you go online or check your emails or think about your day ahead of you.

Then, after your meditation, you want to sit down to do your “work.” After this preparation, your “work” might look very different than what you’ve been doing here, because you already have a better vibe going for yourself. Compared to the better vibe you’ve gotten going for yourself, focusing on your problems or issues isn’t going to “feel better.” So, you know not to focus there. Instead, you might think about things which are easy for you to feel “good” about and why you like them. Typically, those things are not related to our desires. For example, long-time readers know that I love babies and cute puppies. Those two topics almost always bring a smile to my face when I think about them--in part because I don’t want to “get” either of them. I can just enjoy them for the sake of enjoying them. Writing about that (or your art or whatever) will continue your better vibe you’ve gotten going for yourself.

Then, go out into your day. You’ve done your vibrational “work” for the morning, because you will have felt better in the morning.

(And, in keeping with your new thread title, it would be remiss of me to overlook the suggestion that you might want to consider telling yourself a new story about “mornings.”)

Quote Originally Posted by lauriewinter09 View Post
    ....so am I reaching too far up the scale???

That’s really something for you to feel your way towards. Reaching too far up the Scale feels like efforting and struggle, which is a different from feeling like “different” and “unfamiliar” which is how we feel when we start to reach for new thoughts. It’s sort of like if you’ve ever done a hamstring stretch. When you stretch just a little, it feels odd and unfamiliar. But not uncomfortable because you’re simply out of your comfort zone but you’re stretching into a place your body is able to go, so there’s relief or enjoyment in that stretch. But if you’ve ever had a trainer or a workout partner start to push on you, you know that feeling of struggle and strain because you’re being pushed beyond where you’ve practiced your body to go. It’s the same thing here.

It’s interesting to me that you went through such trouble to come to the new title for your thread and then you went to a Process which is different than the title you had chosen for yourself. Since this is a thread about “telling a new story,” it would seem to me (your “art of allowing” may be different) that you would want to use the Process of your thread title. If you’re unclear about how to do that Process, check out MLOA, where Abraham emphasized that Process, and our very own Change Your Story, Change Your Life thread, started by our very own Purple Princess of Perspicacity, HitC.

As you refresh your understanding of that Process, you’ll see that the intention of that Process is not to get out of or change your job (which seems to be the focus of what you’ve posted here) but to change your story about your job (as you see it now) so that you feel better about the job you have right now. IOW, you tell your new story about your manifesting reality to make your manifesting reality, in this case, less hateful.

You talk about your Powerlessness and that’s all right. But every coin has two sides. The flip side of this coin is every time you go to that job, you decide to go to that job. Your decision is some of your Power that you’re not paying much attention to. Your decision might be the best of a bunch of even crappier choices but it is still your decision. You are choosing this choice over all the other even crappier choices. Your new story starts to factor in your choice, your power, and in doing so, feels better than your previous thoughts of Powerlessness.

Similarly, you make this choice (and you continue to make this choice) because you get something(s) out of your choice. Start to look for and recognize the things (however puny) you get out of your choice. That’s gotta feel better than noticing all the ways your choice doesn’t work for you.

Basically, the attitude that you want to take with your Process is “I choose to go here for more and more of my time (the “more hours” you were talking about above). How can I feel better about this thing that I’m choosing?”

For example, wrt your "mornings," you begin with "Mornings seem to be a difficult time emotionally." Fair enough. Of course, you and we recognize that's a statement squarely focused on your Unwanted. And it's pretty monolithic. It's like a big, solid slab that you can't budge. That's all right.

From there, you use your own awareness, memory and logic to examine your statement. "Are all mornings difficult emotionally? Or just this morning? Or just the mornings of this week/month? Did I ever have a morning that wasn't a difficult time emotionally? Are all mornings equally difficult emotionally? Or are there some mornings when I felt better than other mornings? Is there some variability in my emotions morning to morning? Or from moment to moment within my mornings?" You're asking these (and other) questions to examine whether that monolithic statement is an accurate description of your experience, so that you can other, more helpful ways of describing your experience.

Feel the difference between
    • Mornings seem to be a difficult time emotionally vs.
    • I've been noticing that some mornings I feel pretty crappy.

Now, that might not be the magic leap back to Kansas that you're looking for but there can be relief in that second statement. From that second statement, you might then reach for "Sure, some morning I feel pretty crappy. I don't like that. But there are other mornings where I don't feel crappy or I feel less crappy. I like that better." From there, you might then reach for "I didn't always feel crappy in the mornings. I can remember some times when I actually felt good in the morning. I don't know how I did that but my logic tells me that if I was able to do that once before, I should be able to do it again--especially since I now understand that I create my emotions and I'm learning tools to more effectively create the more of the emotions that I prefer." From there, you might come to the conclusion "This could just be a temporary thing. People seem to grow out of them." These statements aren't trying to change your mornings. They're trying to describe your mornings in an accurate and better-feeling way. Why? So that you can feel better about your mornings.

Moderator's note

Quote Originally Posted by ChrissyCarter View Post
    Hi, don't know if I'm allowed to write on here....
    We both are "allowed" to write on here as long as we are helping our friend with his "work" and until he asks us to clear out.

Thanks for sharing. I do a similar approach as you.

Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    So, let’s talk about this some, because Abraham teach us that, when we awake, we have reset our vibrational momentum. Mornings, in their opinion, is the time of the day when we best have the opportunity to set into motion a momentum that we want.

In fact, they teach us to Pre-Pave that as we go to bed each night. They have recommended that, as we settle in to our beds to go to sleep, we might take some gentle satisfaction of our beds, the warm blankets, the respite away from things like work, whatever you can find. The key word is “gentle.” There’s no need to make a big deal of it. Then they ask us to remind ourselves of the vibrational fact that when we sleep, we largely withdraw our focus from this world. Where do we go? We join the perspective of our IB, so we offer our vibration whilst we sleep from one single perspective. So, there’s no opportunity for resistance. (Because we can only have resistance when we have two disagreeing opinions. That doesn’t happen whilst we sleep.)

Furthermore, when we sleep, our one single perspective is aligned with the Stream of Well-Being (which is why sleep is restorative for some many on our planet). So, that’s a bunch of hours that you’re focusing with your IB on your Vortex. Pretty cool, huh?

Now, when we wake up, we wake up from that perspective. We have 16 seconds to keep that momentum going. So, you get to choose. (It may be clumsy at first, but you still get to choose.) A lot of people just choose by habit. IOW, they start their day thinking about what they thought about yesterday (and the day before and the day before and…). But, when you wake up, you can choose.

Now, you’re barely conscious so choose lightly. If you have wonderful soft sheets on your bed, focus there for just a little bit. You could decide to think about a delicious memory. You could contemplate just the idea of an emotion that you might want to experience in your day. Abraham typically call this “setting your emotional tone,” but I prefer when they described it in terms of picking out an outfit that you’re going to wear for the day. In the same way that you pick out what you’re going to wear, you can decide “I want to feel Fun” and focus on what Fun means to you. As you do that just a little bit (Try it now. I’ll wait.) the LoA will bring to you more thoughts (even memories) of Fun. That’s a momentum that you’ve just created for yourself.

Now, just like--when you were learning to walk--you didn’t just haul yourself up from crawling to directly run out the door into a passing marathon to run forever more, chances are you won’t get very far into your day with this at first. Abraham used to tease how Esther didn’t make it to breakfast. That’s all right. It’s a start.

Another thing you might want to do (in conjunction with this) is to meditate. It’s easiest to quiet our minds (which is what meditation is) first thing in the morning because life hasn’t come at us yet. So, if after you’ve picked out your vibrational outfit for the day and perhaps after you’ve had your morning pee and maybe something in your tummy, you might want to sit down to meditate (There are instructions online or in AAIIG.) for 15 or 20 minutes. You’ll want to do your meditation before you go online or check your emails or think about your day ahead of you.

Then, after your meditation, you want to sit down to do your “work.” After this preparation, your “work” might look very different than what you’ve been doing here, because you already have a better vibe going for yourself. Compared to the better vibe you’ve gotten going for yourself, focusing on your problems or issues isn’t going to “feel better.” So, you know not to focus there. Instead, you might think about things which are easy for you to feel “good” about and why you like them. Typically, those things are not related to our desires. For example, long-time readers know that I love babies and cute puppies. Those two topics almost always bring a smile to my face when I think about them--in part because I don’t want to “get” either of them. I can just enjoy them for the sake of enjoying them. Writing about that (or your art or whatever) will continue your better vibe you’ve gotten going for yourself.

Then, go out into your day. You’ve done your vibrational “work” for the morning, because you will have felt better in the morning.

(And, in keeping with your new thread title, it would be remiss of me to overlook the suggestion that you might want to consider telling yourself a new story about “mornings.”)

That’s really something for you to feel your way towards. Reaching too far up the Scale feels like efforting and struggle, which is a different from feeling like “different” and “unfamiliar” which is how we feel when we start to reach for new thoughts. It’s sort of like if you’ve ever done a hamstring stretch. When you stretch just a little, it feels odd and unfamiliar. But not uncomfortable because you’re simply out of your comfort zone but you’re stretching into a place your body is able to go, so there’s relief or enjoyment in that stretch. But if you’ve ever had a trainer or a workout partner start to push on you, you know that feeling of struggle and strain because you’re being pushed beyond where you’ve practiced your body to go. It’s the same thing here.

It’s interesting to me that you went through such trouble to come to the new title for your thread and then you went to a Process which is different than the title you had chosen for yourself. Since this is a thread about “telling a new story,” it would seem to me (your “art of allowing” may be different) that you would want to use the Process of your thread title. If you’re unclear about how to do that Process, check out MLOA, where Abraham emphasized that Process, and our very own Change Your Story, Change Your Life thread, started by our very own Purple Princess of Perspicacity, HitC.

As you refresh your understanding of that Process, you’ll see that the intention of that Process is not to get out of or change your job (which seems to be the focus of what you’ve posted here) but to change your story about your job (as you see it now) so that you feel better about the job you have right now. IOW, you tell your new story about your manifesting reality to make your manifesting reality, in this case, less hateful.

You talk about your Powerlessness and that’s all right. But every coin has two sides. The flip side of this coin is every time you go to that job, you decide to go to that job. Your decision is some of your Power that you’re not paying much attention to. Your decision might be the best of a bunch of even crappier choices but it is still your decision. You are choosing this choice over all the other even crappier choices. Your new story starts to factor in your choice, your power, and in doing so, feels better than your previous thoughts of Powerlessness.

Similarly, you make this choice (and you continue to make this choice) because you get something(s) out of your choice. Start to look for and recognize the things (however puny) you get out of your choice. That’s gotta feel better than noticing all the ways your choice doesn’t work for you.

Basically, the attitude that you want to take with your Process is “I choose to go here for more and more of my time (the “more hours” you were talking about above). How can I feel better about this thing that I’m choosing?”

For example, wrt your "mornings," you begin with "Mornings seem to be a difficult time emotionally." Fair enough. Of course, you and we recognize that's a statement squarely focused on your Unwanted. And it's pretty monolithic. It's like a big, solid slab that you can't budge. That's all right.

From there, you use your own awareness, memory and logic to examine your statement. "Are all mornings difficult emotionally? Or just this morning? Or just the mornings of this week/month? Did I ever have a morning that wasn't a difficult time emotionally? Are all mornings equally difficult emotionally? Or are there some mornings when I felt better than other mornings? Is there some variability in my emotions morning to morning? Or from moment to moment within my mornings?" You're asking these (and other) questions to examine whether that monolithic statement is an accurate description of your experience, so that you can other, more helpful ways of describing your experience.

Feel the difference between
    • Mornings seem to be a difficult time emotionally vs.
    • I've been noticing that some mornings I feel pretty crappy.

Now, that might not be the magic leap back to Kansas that you're looking for but there can be relief in that second statement. From that second statement, you might then reach for "Sure, some morning I feel pretty crappy. I don't like that. But there are other mornings where I don't feel crappy or I feel less crappy. I like that better." From there, you might then reach for "I didn't always feel crappy in the mornings. I can remember some times when I actually felt good in the morning. I don't know how I did that but my logic tells me that if I was able to do that once before, I should be able to do it again--especially since I now understand that I create my emotions and I'm learning tools to more effectively create the more of the emotions that I prefer." From there, you might come to the conclusion "This could just be a temporary thing. People seem to grow out of them." These statements aren't trying to change your mornings. They're trying to describe your mornings in an accurate and better-feeling way. Why? So that you can feel better about your mornings.
    I have been reading MLOA again. I have read the section on how you can set your vibrational tone at the beginning of the day. I don't know why, but for some reason I have always felt slightly indifferent to it, just like I was with segment intending. It could be that previously I had always just simply gone with the flow of the same thoughts that I had the day before (and the day before).
    However, I could change the course of that, even if it's just slightly. I could find one thought that feels pretty good and stick with that. I might not sustain to even my monrning pee though.
    At the minute I'm in the habit of checking my Facebook feed first thing and then turning on the tv and putting on the news or whatever trash is on at that time of the morning before work. Old habits. Maybe 15 minutes of meditation before checking Wastebook and watching the news?
    -------------
    I still haven't got the hang of multiple quoting other people's posts btw!!!

You mentioned that I was using a different process to the one in the thread title. My original intent was to supplement my "telling a new story" with other processes, like process 22 or focus wheels. But now I think I might be better off opening separate threads for different processes that I have success with and would like to share on the forum.

You also mentioned a story about my work situation. Funnily enough I also told the story about how I choose to work there (don't know if I mentioned this in an earlier post) how it's my decision, how my boss relies on me, wants me......etc. It is the best of a bad bunch of choices.

A new story about mornings: I do have some mornings when I feel ok. I will be tired but ok. There have been timed when I have woken up excited about the day ahead.....it might have been when I was six and woken up on Christmas morning (fun) But it has happened. Mornings are just one segment of my day. I am often drowsy but I could see the value of being more deliberate about the day I want to have. Even if it's just for 16 seconds or whatever. It's like what the mods on this forum and others told me about it being like a gym session......how you make baby steps and don't start with the heaviest weight in the gym......this is a gym membership for my new , more positive neural pathways for my brain. And like a lot of gym members start their sessions in the morning, I can start my sessions in the morning too! My focus has been sloppy and I'm going from flab to cut......except this could be much more enjoyable cos theres so pushing or straining....it's just about finding thoughts about my life that feel good...or feel better.....

Quote Originally Posted by ChrissyCarter View Post
    Hi, don't know if I'm allowed to write on here, but what I usually do with situations where I'm moving up but it doesn't really feel good is just to go general.

Try writing out completely and fully and don't hold back on level powerlessness. Then from there go general: "There's nothing I can do." "Can't change anything" "What's the point?"

See if that helps, it helps me sometimes.
    Welcome with open arms to my thread chrissycarter! :wave
    I have applied the going general process to certain situations and I have felt some relief. This thread is focused on telling a new better feeling story on any topic, feel free to contribute.

A better feeling story about work:
    I do choose to work there. I'm not being held hostage there at gunpoint. It's actually a choice I make each and every day.
    I choose employment over unemployment. I choose a source of income over absolutely no source of income. I choose to spend my time there instead of somewhere else.
    It slots into my life quite nicely. I usually go in, do what I need to do and then go home.
    Sometimes I spend a lot of time there and sometimes a bit less. It takes up a few hours of My week. I don't spend every single moment of My time at completely miserable, just like I'm certainly not ecstatically happy when I'm sat at home doing nothing. So I can't give four walls the credit for how I feel....and I know through these teachings that I create My feelings and experiences through the thoughts I think.....so I suppose that gives me back a little bit of control.
    My initial reason for getting this job was to get this was to get that experience under my belt, being productive, mingling with others and having some control over my income.....I guess some of that original intention is still there today, the reason at the beginning is still that now and is the main reason I go to work every day. I do get some relief knowing that this is really what I made for myself.