Thread: I quit smoking y'all!!!

Thumbs up I quit smoking y'all!!!

I quit!!!! I haven't told anybody yet (except my landlord, who happened to jump on the treadmill next to me at the gym yesterday, I was so excited I had to tell someone!)...if/when people ask I'll just say I'm trying to cut down. But I know the truth- I totally and completely quit!

I found a program that I liked and that made sense to me and I'm just doing it cold turkey. It's fine so far. I haven't smoked since Friday night, so it's been almost 48 hours. I thought I'd be a basket case but actually I feel great. I'm having a blast just breathing deeply all day long, and the tightness and little catch I used to feel is already going away.

(disclaimer: I know it's the official position that cigarettes are only harmful if you believe they are, etc, but there are a lot of reasons for my decision and I'm fully lined up with it.)

I'm so excited, I'm so proud of myself, people struggle with this so much and I'm just breezing through it, I feel like a super hero! I've been smoking since I was a teenager, so for over 20 years. Nobody has this kind of experience with it, the stories are all 'it was the hardest thing I've ever done' 'i failed so many times,' etc. But not me!

That's wonderful BBB!

Quote Originally Posted by treelotus View Post
    That's wonderful BBB!
    Thank you!!

TBH it's not all roses 100% of the time...but I'm not getting down on myself if I have a moment or two where I don't feel as strong. Since I just quit on Friday I'm still doing a lot of 'firsts;' today as my first day back at work I had my first walk to work as a non-smoker, and my first lunch break as a non-smoker.

I've noticed that the fear of how hard something will be is a thousand times worse than how hard it actually is in reality. I think there could be some interesting implications here, beyond just quitting smoking. Like, maybe I'm not so good at judging what future experiences will be like, and I'd be much better off if I just approached things with an easy, open mind.

I've also noticed a total lack of desire to talk about it with people. I'm so much more comfortable keeping the more difficult moments to myself. I definitely don't want anyone asking me how it's going.

Thanks Queen Joan!!!

Thanks Lemon!!!

All is well. Better, actually. Things are
    GREAT.

Nobody told me I would actually be
    HAPPIER as a non-smoker!

Hello. Well dome for your efforts to become a better version of yourself. Health is very important (physical) and mental also!

Still chugging along! Made it past the 1 week mark. Overall it's still really easy, with a few tough moments but those are over in a flash!

I'm telling one new person every few days, to prolong the fun feeling. It's amazing seeing the reactions from other people, it's been a blast actually. But I haven't done the people closest to me- including my husband...I want to make it really special and fun and I'm still figuring out how I'm going to do it. I can't wait to see the look on his face!

Way to go!