Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Worthiness, y'all

Red face Worthiness, y'all

So I think I'm ready to finally start digging in on the topic of worthiness. This is kind of a big one for me, and this feels like the right time.

I've used so many things/attributes/qualities/accomplishments as proxies for feeling worthy and good enough, but of course those are only symbols of worthiness and stopgaps at best. I feel like so many topics I work with loop back to feeling insecure, not good enough, unworthy of the best that life has to offer.

So! Time to do some focused work on this dedicated thread. I can already tell, this is going to be a fun ride...

my journey def includes acceptance of my own self worth, that I am enough, that I matter. I deserve good.

how we human's got to feel so unworthy is beyond me . i'm just glad that ABE gives us a way to change this vibration

Quote Originally Posted by lemon-up View Post

my journey def includes acceptance of my own self worth, that I am enough, that I matter. I deserve good.

how we human's got to feel so unworthy is beyond me . i'm just glad that ABE gives us a way to change this vibration
    I'm SO with you on that! It took me about a year or so to really get it in my head of how worthy I actually am, but it's so worth it! Thank goodness for Abe to remind us of our true nature!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer of NeverLand View Post
    I'm SO with you on that! It took me about a year or so to really get it in my head of how worthy I actually am, but it's so worth it! Thank goodness for Abe to remind us of our true nature!
    , and everyday I am continuing to learn to feel worthy in all kinds of situations and lackful feelings.

I often wonder if there is a final destination with that feeling worthy.

I enjoy practicing on this thread .

BBBS for your work thread, i'd like to follow or work too if that's ok

Quote Originally Posted by lemon-up View Post

BBBS for your work thread, i'd like to follow or work too if that's ok
    OF COURSE!!!!

We are in this together!

Ok so I'm just going to jump in with my big 'thing that I do,' because F-it.

I have a long history of using physical appearance as a measuring stick for worthiness. I do it with other people, sure, but mostly I do it with myself. I will say that this issue has gotten somewhat better since I've started studying Abraham, but I haven't addressed it head-on until now; I always approached it from the food and weight angle. Even while knowing that weight wasn't really the issue. Truth is, I'm terribly insecure and assume that people are judging me all the time, and for some reason (*ahem, dad*) I've latched on to being thin and pretty as meaning that I'm ok or not.

This topic has been a little challenging because it seems like one of those things we just have to take on faith. Abraham say, 'you are worthy.' Ok, great. But I have so many examples out here on the leading edge that would suggest that only some people are worthy, while others get rejected (for relationships, jobs, etc).

And to make it really personal, I see with my own eyes every day that attractive people have enormous advantages over 'regular-looking' people. Especially for women. Attractive women frequently parlay that into marrying well, and living comfortable lives without having to work. They literally get paid to be pretty. I mean, it's a livelihood.

I know these are all very OOTV statements and I could go through each one with my Abraham glasses on and pick them apart (I don't know anything about the vibration these people are offering, maybe their lives just SEEM perfect, etc). But this is truly where I am on this Monday morning (I ate a bunch of garbage yesterday and I'm feeling really down about it) so I'm just going to lay it all out on the table because it's how I'm feeling.

And I'm going to take a deep breath and go general and try to look for some better feeling thoughts about worthiness.

~Feeling worthy is a CHOICE. I can choose to feel worthy if I want to. Starting this project is part of that choice. I won't get there all in one go but this is an excellent first step. That feels really nice, actually. I don't have to wait for some external thing to change, I have the control and the power to turn things around.
    ~There is no worthiness scale, measuring stick, or litmus test. There's no single person or deity that is the objective arbiter of what is good, what is bad, who is good or bad. There is no objective good or bad, either for people or things or situations. The world is one big jumbled colorful mess of preferences, it's all a big messy pot that's constantly being stirred around, and we're all bumping into each other and refining our preferences constantly, and that's a GREAT thing.
    ~To say it again: THERE IS NO 'GOOD' AND THERE IS NO 'BAD.'

~(moving into anger, which feels awesome right now): I've been brainwashed by other people to just accept their value systems! We're all ****ing sheep who have bought into this system (movies, magazines, advertisements, whatever) that thin and pretty is 'good' and if there are lumps and bumps on our bodies then that somehow means that WE, not just our bodies but WE AS PEOPLE, OUR SOULS, OURSELVES, OUR MINDS, the light inside of us, the humanity, the bit of us that makes us US- suddenly because of this one stupid metric it somehow means we're not good enough!

Suddenly this seems so incredibly ****ing stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe I've allowed myself to just swallow this message without questioning it! And jesus, as a feminist I should definitely be questioning this stuff. I'm not mad at myself, no- I'm mad at THEM. Those people who are trying to sell us things, to tell us we're not worthy and then sell us some bullshit products that will improve us, those wrinkle creams, $300 jeans, or whatever that makes us think that THEN we'll have a shot at being good enough. I mean, it's all a plot to get people to buy things. They tear us all down and then try to sell us things that offer some hope of acceptance, love, fitting in, safety, whatever.

BOOM.

Good first session, I'm feeling better. Love anger and blame, definitely not ready to move on yet.

(I know this seems like the ranting of a lunatic but turning my anger outward is bringing a LOT of relief!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by bearsbeetsbattlestar View Post
    OF COURSE!!!!

We are in this together!

wonderful. I look forward to progress here as I turn my boat downstream with some of my own common themes in my own life

today it's this:

I am friendly and helpful easily.
    then I allow ppl to cross the line becos we are both bored, or worried or what ever
    then I say "i don't want to discuss this"
    then they get mad and I feel bad and worry that I am in some kind of trouble.

this goes in cycles, where it doesn't happen for a long time then pops up due to my thots and feelings of course.

Even with this I know I am on my right path cos things always unfold for me better than I can imagine, just that I want a fresh start with this.

I want to lay new pipes with this hamster wheel, and feeling my worthiness feels like the answer to me right now.

so I want to work on my beliefs,feelings, thots and vibration so that this cycle stops.

So my goal is to continue to feel better in general and know that I am worthy to allow better more fun interactions, as well as say "fk it" when someone doesn't like my response to their venting.

I know I will always have contrast to move thru and my main goal is to realize my worthiness and to vibrate that, even when i'm tired.

I know that being honest about this is my first step, and I trust the UNIVerse to show me the way, and I trust my inner guidance. and I thank ABe for their wisdom

today i'm taking some time to step back and refresh. to pamper myself away from the workplace where most of this occurs.

not having to deal with the drama is the most loving thing I can do for myself today , while I trust the universe to work things out in my favor . giving everyone a chance to chill out or hash it out while I reset and feel better at home

my goal today is to keep turning it over and imagine good coming from this. imagine this will be an example of snow on the way to sunshine. driving thru the tunnel to the beautiful view. only good can come from this.

I am worthy becos I exist. I am worthy no matter what the peanut gallery thinks or says about this.
    no one can strip me of my worthiness. I can't strip me of my worthiness.

I appreciate that I am having this human experience, rich with feelings and emotions. rich with experiences that allow me to fine tune what is best for me.

I think back on similar situations that were great catapults for amazing and wonderful manifestations

every rendezvous is meant to be for some good reason

Think I'm ready to stop raging against the machine for a little while.

I'm remembering now that all the things I think are going on- some grand conspiracy by a few to make us feel bad so that they can sell us the one true solution to happiness- isn't what's happening at all. It's just a story I'm telling. But I reserve the right to revisit that place when I need to because after feeling insecure and powerless, militant outrage is pretty fun.

This belief that worthiness is somehow conditional- it's just a thought I've been thinking, like any other belief. I understand that I can change this belief by thinking different thoughts. The trick is finding thoughts that will serve as a bridge between where I am now and where I want to be.

The first thing that I want to remember is that I'm making too much of this, and I want to be lighter and easier about it all. There's a quote I read somewhere that's really stuck with me: we're all living in a dream world. I love this so much!! It makes me feel like anything is possible. It makes me feel relaxed and open. Maybe 'reality' isn't quite so real as it seems. Maybe the patterns we feel stuck in aren't quite as permanent as they feel.

Example: I just quit smoking after 23 years after watching two 1-hour DVDs. I was in the right place at the right time and the right resource came to me. This 'problem' I'd been freaking out about for decades is just gone, in a poof. I was SO NERVOUS about quitting, so many people try multiple times and fail, but I knew somehow that that didn't necessarily have to be MY experience.

Things to remember as I move forward with my worthiness project:
    #1: we're living in a dream world where anything is possible.
    #2: I am an amazing, deliberate creator. Normal muggle rules don't apply to me

Hi BBBS! I love your thread. (This is a big "one" for me, too, only add in "age" as well as the rest.) I've been approaching this by telling myself at least 2 times a day or more, that I love myself, I love my body (I even take it part by part when showering or bathing). I say it out loud and I feel silly, but what the hey. It seems to be helping.

And major congrats on the smoking!