Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Worthiness, y'all

yay. I woke up today with no negative momentum on the event.

I believe it's becos I found my worthiness even in this situation. I appreciate my awareness and my polr
    Abraham and me , I asked for peace and feeling worthy and I allowed it.
    ''The way that you come to your own personal sense of worthiness is
    by allowing the Law of Attraction
    to give you what you're asking for.''
    - ABRAHAM
    Portland, OR, June 18, 2016

"Normal muggle rules don't apply to me."
    I didn't follow the lord of the rings, but have heard this before as a statement of owning power, so it sounds clear to me

Quote Originally Posted by bearsbeetsbattlestar View Post
    This is a big one:
    I've spent my entire life wishing that was IS, was different. Most of all wishing that I was different- better, in various ways. But this is BS. I've always been enough. I just couldn't see it at the time. But when I look back, it's all very clear. I've always done an amazing job, been good enough, things have always worked great even though I was never 'perfect.'

It's time to stop wishing I was different and time to start appreciating who I am today.
    this resonates with me, BBBstar.

always wishing I could handle situations better, and that's what I triggered with my segment.

i'm recognizing that my polr included that segment for a higher purpose in my life- not for my harm or to
    "teach me a lesson"

and besides this is a drop of water in the ocean compared to segments that got me awards, kudos, brava's , "well done's". I was magnifying my imperfections

I don't have to do that now.

Really cool thing just happened.

Back story: I'm grumpy in the mornings. I've tried to do wake-up processes and get nowhere, I need caffeine and quiet and time or I'm pissy and that's all there is to it. I accepted long ago that this is just the way it is and to move on to easier processes for now.

But!!!!

Today I woke up and my first thought was: oof, I ate so much garbage yesterday and I'm never going to be able to work it off in the gym (it was my birthday and totally worth it, btw). That's not the good part, obv- my next immediate thought was, 'Abraham love me. They love me inside and out, head to toe, scalp to feet, soup to nuts.' And it felt so nice and warm and cozy and comforting, and actually made me feel like stop snoozing the alarm and actually get out of bed and start my day.

I'm getting more vigilant about noticing my own thoughts about my own limitations.

There are a few people I know who seem 'perfect' on just about every measurable level. I've always been so envious of the way they seem to effortlessly just move through the world, always saying and doing just the right thing at the right time, always wearing the perfect outfit for every occasion, able to move in different socio-economic circles with ease, etc.

One of these people posted a photo on social media and I just saw it. My first reaction was that little twinge in the gut of envy...she's so perfect, she looks amazing in literally every photo and it's all so effortless, even her kids look perfect...

But I noticed my own feelings of insecurity and inadequacy (which is what this is really about!) and dug a little deeper. I countered that thought with: well, I could be like that if I wanted to. There's nothing so special about her. I can be or do or have anything I want. So much more is possible than I ever believed, even if I can't quite see how to get there at this moment.

And the thought was so jarring and revolutionary that I got really emotional and started crying...and this has happened a few times in the last couple days.

I think I've spent so long feeling like I'll never measure up. And that's starting to break apart now, a little at a time.

Still wrestling with two approaches:
    accepting myself how I am now, and/or
    imagining a future where i am and have all the things i dream of

I'm getting more vigilant about noticing my own thoughts about my own limitations.

There are a few people I know who seem 'perfect' on just about every measurable level. I've always been so envious of the way they seem to effortlessly just move through the world, always saying and doing just the right thing at the right time, always wearing the perfect outfit for every occasion, able to move in different socio-economic circles with ease, etc.

One of these people posted a photo on social media and I just saw it. My first reaction was that little twinge in the gut of envy...she's so perfect, she looks amazing in literally every photo and it's all so effortless, even her kids look perfect...

But I noticed my own feelings of insecurity and inadequacy (which is what this is really about!) and dug a little deeper. I countered that thought with: well, I could be like that if I wanted to. There's nothing so special about her. I can be or do or have anything I want. So much more is possible than I ever believed, even if I can't quite see how to get there at this moment.

And the thought was so jarring and revolutionary that I got really emotional and started crying...and this has happened a few times in the last couple days.

I think I've spent so long feeling like I'll never measure up. And that's starting to break apart now, a little at a time.

Still wrestling with two approaches:
    accepting myself how I am now, and/or
    imagining a future where i am and have all the things i dream of
    HANG ON A MINUTE.

I just had a mind blowing thought.

Instead of thinking 'I could be like that if I wanted to,' what if I ACTUALLY AM LIKE THAT NOW, ALREADY, AND I JUST HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO RECOGNIZE IT YET!

''The way that you come to your own personal sense of worthiness is
    by allowing the Law of Attraction
    to give you what you're asking for.''
    - ABRAHAM
    Portland, OR, June 18, 2016
    ok, so today was a day of pure positive proof

for weeks I had been attracting some dumb movies..... well this entire time off from work I have had one after another of delicious movies I love movies.

I can see the results of my laser facial and I look great

everything was perfect timing in all the things I did and things my mr.& I did together.

physically there have been several wanted improvements one after the other.

the most fascinating one is my 10" pc windows 8.1 tablet started downloading windows updates after not being able to get them since December when I loaded a different anti-virus , of course I gave up caring about it, knowing it was safe.

I was also able to tune into other interesting and welcomed insights and views and information.

so now I can only see how the universe lined up that rendezvous becos indeed I am vibrating worthiness even in that hamster wheel condition. [the peanut gallery at work ]

I appreciate my work for so much and enjoy it most of the time. I appreciate I only have to work about 24 hours a week and have fun and visit my friends; and bring home great money for the few hours I put in.

I appreciate those peanuts that assist me in fine tuning my vibration and I look forward to going back to work after this vacation. refreshed.reset. vibrating my worthiness all over the place. I appreciate my boss who can actually think and allow good for the workers and himself. I appreciate he is the best boss we have ever had and I enjoy working for him.

I look forward to more signs and wonders , fun and cooperative fun components........ I only have to open my eyes and heart .

Hello!

For all of my life being kind to myself has been a difficult thing for me to do. Iīm glad to say Iīm getting better at it.
    One day, after some weeks of working some stuff out, I began to say: "I appreciate myself because..." and then I stopped myself and thought: "wait a minute, I donīt need to justify my worthiness, I donīt need reasons to value myself. I am a worthy being." so instead of giving myself reasons, I decided to make lists of ways in which I could show myself how much I care. For example:

Today Iīm going to chill out because I care.
    Right this moment I am going to treat myself to a great meal, a movie, an ice cream, etc.

So either I think of things in advance or when I am doing something nice for me that I didnīt plan, I always remind myself that I care. Doing nice things for me has become something automatic. And it doesnīt nedd to be "doing" something. Sometimes when I am being hard on my self, I soothe myself. I have learned to do this in front of a mirror (I learned this from Louise Hay), and it works wonders.

There is an affirmation that Louise Hays recommends: "I approve of myself". I changed that a little bit because I read a thread with an Abraham quote about the power of feeling good NOW. So I say to myself: " Right here and right now, I choose to approve of myself". It seems easy that way. Because if you start to think about all of your life and all the things you need to change, it can be daunting. But appreciating yourself right this moment doesnīt seem so difficult. Also, I like to remind myself that caring about how you feel is a choice. And that gives you power.

These are some interesting threads that have helped me a lot:

http://www.abeforum.com/showthread.php?43933-Right-Now-Your-Homework-Is-To-Love-Yourself-More-Than-You-Ever-Have-Before
    http://www.abeforum.com/showthread.p...-feel-good-NOW
    http://www.abeforum.com/showthread.php?21001-Irrelevant

Also, there is a process of moving yourself up the scale that I like a lot:

http://www.abeforum.com/showthread.php?5268-The-EGS-(Emotional-Guidance-Scale)

I really like this...sometimes if telling myself that I'm worthy feels like HFS-ing or jumping too far, I'll amend it to 'I'm good enough for today.' This has worked really well for me on certain issues like weight, or having enough money. It just helps me rein in my perspective to what's going on NOW, TODAY...

And it's something that's small and bite sized enough that I always believe it. Well sure, I AM good enough for today. And since it's always today, then logically I'll always be good enough!

I LOVE this! "Good enough FOR TODAY" will be my new mantra. I've been using, "I am where I am and it's OK" but this one seems to be much more on target for me. Thank you!

someone asked me today "how are you" and I said "good enough for now" , they chuckled.

so, today I found the prize of alignment with my self worth. I walked in feeling so good and full of everything good. my mood was on top.

everything had blown over easily. and now I have some new experiences in my bag. I have some new beliefs and vibrations. new trust and faith. And some knew knowledge of how to proceed in times like this

I appreciate that my job feels so good again becos it can be so much fun and so easy [ the personal interactions are always getting easier]. and I reallllllllllllly like my boss as a titito human being

so yes... this was a situation I attracted to buff up my feelings of worthiness

so much for your thread bbbstar, it was a perfect rendezvous for me this week

I was in the middle of this really luxurious spa appointment yesterday (love birthday week!) and I was just letting my mind wander. At some point it drifted to the topic of worthiness and this thought hit me like a ton of bricks:

IT'S NOT ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE.

This was specifically in relation to my physical appearance. IT'S NOT THAT OTHER PEOPLE DON'T APPROVE OF ME, IT'S THAT I DON'T APPROVE OF ME.

I'm constantly judging myself for not being good enough. It's got nothing to do with other people. It's all me, it's all about me, NOBODY ELSE CARES IF I WEIGH 120 OR 140 or 160*

I'm aware that this might seem super obvious but this was a shocking revelation to me and I think it's going to totally change my game plan here (not that I really had one, lol). I've been kind of framing this journey through the lens of how I deal with others, caring too much what others think of me, etc.

But NOW I know that the real task here is to start approving of myself.

Which is super good news, because it's so much simpler!!!

*I do have people in my life who *seem* to care how much I weigh. My parents, some friends of mine who make comments a lot if I've lost weight or whatever. BUT I know that this has a heck of a lot more to do with their own vibration and focus than what's going on with me. These people are fighting their own weight demons.