Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it necessary to incorporate the 68 second rule when Im doing the Emo-scale process

Is it necessary to incorporate the 68 second rule when Im doing the Emo-scale process

I've been in depression for a while and it looks like the only process that's viable for me to use is going up the emotional scale. Once I reach the highest level that's available to me at a given time, do I need to hold it for 68 seconds or just try to get there as often as I can?

Welcome back to the Forum, y4nix!

No, that is not part of any instruction that I've heard from Abraham on that Process.

Thank you.

So the 68seconds process is just an optional/bonus process to speed things up?

There is no "68 second Process," not from Abraham. Abraham teach that we can have a manifestation in as a little as 17+17+17+17 (=68 seconds--now less than 64 seconds) if we are able to offer hold a focused, uncontradicted vibration. They don't teach this as a "Process" (although some humans do) because they are aware that we humans are fickle and it's really hard for us to focus in that pure (uncontradicted) focus for even the first 17 seconds. Abraham don't ask us to do anything that they know is hard for us to do.

Furthermore, when you are asking about "speeding things up," your awareness is on how you don't have the thing that you want to speed up. This means your vibration is not on your desire but rather on the Lack of your desire. The LoA responds to our vibration which, in this case, brings you more Lack of what you want.

OK, I smoothed all the negativity out and now I'm bored. I cant find anything to feel good about to start positive momentum. If I stay in this general boredom, will contentment arrive on its own?

Quote Originally Posted by y4nix View Post
    OK, I smoothed all the negativity out and now I'm bored. I cant find anything to feel good…
    Then find ways to feel BETTER about the stuff you're thinking about, instead. (FWIW--and I can't tell you for sure what you're feeling--but it sounds to me that you're not yet in Boredom, which is a neutral place from which it is easy to lean towards positive aspects. It sounds to me that you haven't yet “smoothed all the negativity out,” but are sort of clamping your eyes shut and cramming your fingers in your ears, shouting “La-la-la! I can't hear you! I won't see you!” That doesn't work. You are where you are. Start with where you really are vibrationally and feel BETTER about where you are vibrationally, rather than jumping to where you want or think you should be.)

...about to start positive momentum.
    It's not your job to start positive momentum. That's the LoA's job. Momentum (of either “flavor”) is a natural consequence of the LoA. Momentum is what happens when the LoA responds to our focus.

Abrahan explain this difference as the difference between you driving your car and you getting in with the engine and trying to make the engine go.

If I stay in this general boredom, will contentment arrive on its own?
    It depends on what you do with your focus, if you focus on what feels BETTER, the LoA will respond to your focus, bringing you more which match that BETTER-feeling (I'm highlighting the”feeling" to make sure you're still paying attention to your emotional guidance system, rather than ignoring it and turning your “work” into an intellectual exercise.) focus.

Here's a question for you: What’s so wrong about staying in Boredom?

Without going into specifics, there is nothing in my life that I can feel good about. I have already accepted that all my desires are in my vibration escrow. I really just want to feel good here and now. At this point I'm not even trying to attract anything, just make peace with where I am.

I get a negative thought every minute or so. In the last couple of days I have been able to turn all the ones that make me feel insecure and powerless around and now they're no longer popping up. Now I'm just feeling confused. I know there's a whole lot out there waiting for me but I don't know how to get there. (sounds like overwhelment, actually)

Without going into specifics, there is nothing in my life that I can feel good about.
    Once again, I'm not suggesting that you reach for "feel good." I've been suggesting that you reach for feeling BETTER, which is something different altogether. That's why I've been playing my games with my formatting. I'm not doing that because it amuses me. I'm trying to get your attention.

No matter what's going on in your life (even in the worst of circumstances), you can feel BETTER. If you're feeling crappy, then that "BETTER" is going to look like "a little less crappy." If you're feeling Despair*, then thoughts of Jealousy or Rage or even Revenge are going to feel "BETTER" than Despair. The reason why you feel your Despair when you tell us that "there is nothing in my life that I can feel good about" is because your IB is looking at things around you right now (because that's where you're also looking at in that focus) and is seeing things that you can feel good about. Your IB isn't saying "Sucks to be you that you have to look at all that crap. I'll be over here looking at these wonders down the road, when you catch up to them." Your IB is celebrating this moment right now with you. Your IB is having Its happy journey now.

Now, you're not going to be able to instantly jump from Crappy to Happy. That's the point that I've been making. But later on you tell us that you need your conditions and circumstances to change before you can feel better now and that's just not accurate, because your IB is happy with what you're all about right now. That's what Abraham mean when they say, "You are where you are and where you are is all right." That's the attitude of your IB. How can you shift your attitude a little bit more towards this attitude of your IB? Start with ways of thinking "less crappy" thoughts about where you are right now.

I have already accepted that all my desires are in my vibration escrow. I really just want to feel good here and now. At this point I'm not even trying to attract anything, just make peace with where I am.
    That's great that your intention is to just make peace with where you are right now! Good for you. That will feel BETTER, not "good." It will feel like relief as you let go of your struggle against your negative thoughts every minute.

So, look around at all that "nothing in your life" that you were talking about above. Some bits of that will feel BETTER to think about than other bits of that. Think about those some BETTER-feeling bits. As you do that, find thoughts about those bits that still seem true to you yet which feel better. Take one small piece--something recent, without much momentum is best--and bring it here to work on, if you'd like. That way you'll attract pointers and tips to make your vibrational "work" more productive for you. (And by "more productive," I mean "BETTER-feeling.")

I get a negative thought every minute or so. In the last couple of days I have been able to turn all the ones that make me feel insecure and powerless around and now they're no longer popping up.
    So, then you're not thinking a negative thought every minute or so! Good for you! Or you're not thinking your negative thoughts about as many subjects as you were. That, too, is always good for you.

But you're not saying this in that way, are you? Why not?

Now I'm just feeling confused. I know there's a whole lot out there waiting for me but I don't know how to get there. (sounds like overwhelment, actually)
    This piece sounds like your intention for doing this work is to get away from everything that you can't possibly feel good about. That's going to nail your foot to the floor because you're including in your vibration your focus on the everything that you want to get away from as well as your focus on how you're not where you want to be. (BTW, this last piece is the opposite of Making Peace with Where You Are.) So, the LoA has to bring you more which match your two foci. The LoA has to bring you more which match "everything that you want to get away from" and more which match "not where you want to be."

*I picked Despair in that explanation because that's typically what one feels when one believes "there is nothing in my life that I can feel good about". Haul out your Scale. That's a long ways' away from "Boredom," let alone "good." So, it makes perfect sense to me that you're describing what you're describing.

One other thing:

(sounds like overwhelment, actually)
    This may be a piece that's not serving you all that well. It seems like you're trying to pigeon-hole yourself into a single disk (Boredom, Overwhelment, etc.) of the Scale overall. Sort of like a grade on a paper.

We humans are complex organisms today living complex lives in a complex world. That's the Contrast that Abraham teach us about. We don't pigeon-hole into anything much any more. If you start to pay closer attention to your emotional guidance, I'm sure you'll discover that when you think about this piece of your life, you typically feel X and when you think about that piece of your life, you might typically feel Y or "somewhat more X" or "slightly less X." And when you really start to pay attention to how you feel, I'm sure you'll notice that when you think about this aspect of one subject, you typically feel X and when you think about this other aspect of that same subject, you feel "slighy more X" or "somewhat less X." IOW, we humans have too much complexity to be neatly pigeon-holed in the way that you've been describing here.

Now it's true that, on the subjects which are most active in our vibration, we tend to cluster in a certain area on the Scale. That's the LoA "organizing." However, there are those subjects that are either so new or that we haven't thought about all that much, where we don't have such practiced momentum, where we can more easily feel BETTER about them. Those are always good places for us to start our "work."

There's a tendency for many of us to turn these teachings into a project. I know I did this at first. Where we have to clean everything up. I sometimes compare this to cleaning a really messy room. If you look at the whole room and you insist that it all be cleaned up, that's a story that's sure to produce an emotion of Overwhelment, isn't it? But if you start picking up a sock here and putting that book away and straightening that table, it's less of a daunting project and the room actually gets cleaned. In fact, that's the only way it can be cleaned--one piece, one task at a time. It's the same way with this vibrational "work."

Break it down into small, manageable pieces. Set your intention to feel BETTER (not to fix it all or to get over there). Start with the smallest, easiest pieces and do what you can in the moment. Start with finding ways to make where you are a little less crappy. And so forth....

The bad thing is that I don't have anything going on in my life but that's also a good thing. I'm just on one subject - trying to improve my life. So every time I focus too long on anything unwanted, I start feeling bad and then even worse because I criticize myself for feeling bad.

But I've made some great progress in the last couple of days. Three major negative thoughts are cleared up and you've helped me understand a couple of things that I have been seeking answers to for a long time. Thank you.

So now every time I feel myself sliding back, I just remind myself that it's ok, no one ever feels good all the time, and I've made some good gains and the fact, that I don't have to feel good right now but just a little better, is also an big relief.

Is that enough for now? I'm definitely feeling like this may be the path.