Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: Is it necessary to incorporate the 68 second rule when Im doing the Emo-scale process

  1. #11
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    14,281
    Quote Originally Posted by y4nix View Post
    The bad thing is that I don't have anything going on in my life but that's also a good thing.
    Then talk more about how it's a good thing rather than your current, temporary predominant focus on how it's a bad thing. You can do that.

    And you don't have "anything," really? Is your heart still pumping? (If not, get off the Forum and to an emergency room right now.) That's a really big something. You really want that. You also want your kidneys, liver and intestines to filter the waste out of your body. They're doing that. You're not being hurtled off into space? Gravity's still working for you, is it not? That's good because that means that gravity is holding the atmosphere to this planet so that you can breathe. Hey, has anyone charged you yet for all that air you've been breathing? Yeah, I didn't think so. So you have all that free breathable air that no one's charged you for and that's always available for you. That's another pretty big something.

    And you need all these something's in order to get over to where you want to be. These are prerequisites for you getting over there to where you want to be. It sounds to me like you have a habit of focus on the Unwanted/Lack-or-Absence end of all your sticks so that you've forgotten to look at the Wanted/Having-of-It ends of those sticks. A lot of people do that. But that doesn't mean you can't start looking around in a more effective way for yourself and recognizing the Wanted/Having-of-It ends of some of your sticks.

    Quote Originally Posted by y4nix View Post
    I'm just on one subject - trying to improve my life.
    So, if you're focusing "just on one subject," does that mean that every other subject could feel BETTER than that one subject. I mean, one subject doesn't sound like the "nothing" that you were talking about.

    Quote Originally Posted by y4nix View Post
    So every time I focus too long on anything unwanted, I start feeling bad...
    As you want it to!

    You want your guidance system to be working. You want to know every time when you're not focusing towards what you want. I know you're counting this as an Unwanted/Lack-or-Absence but this really is the Wanted/Having-of-It end of this stick.

    Quote Originally Posted by y4nix View Post
    ...and then even worse because I criticize myself for feeling bad.
    Well, you're the one who's doing the criticizing, which means you have all the control over whether you criticize or not.

    Given what we've been talking about, it's not likely that you'll simply stop your habit of criticizing. But you can notice that you don't feel BETTER when you criticize yourself. You can notice that you feel worse when you criticize yourself. You can use that worse feeling to remind yourself that you're doing something that you no longer prefer. You can do that.

    Quote Originally Posted by y4nix View Post
    But I've made some great progress in the last couple of days. Three major negative thoughts are cleared up and you've helped me understand a couple of things that I have been seeking answers to for a long time. Thank you.
    I'm glad you're finding something you want in this. That's you focusing on your Wanted/Having-of-It end of this stick. Good for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by y4nix View Post
    So now every time I feel myself sliding back, I just remind myself that it's ok, no one ever feels good all the time, and I've made some good gains and the fact, that I don't have to feel good right now but just a little better, is also an big relief.

    Is that enough for now? I'm definitely feeling like this may be the path.
    Your reminder is nice. Is it a reminder that you've come up with in the last hour or so? (Because this thread has a very different tone than your reminder.) Then it's really too soon for you to be taking score of it. If you are taking score of it, I would suggest you to use the relief that you feel​ as your measure of its enough-ness.

  2. #12
    OK, BOOM!

    The bottom tier, for me, is blaming the negative emotion. So when I make peace with it, I find myself in a slightly better feeling but confused state.

    Then I say, all this must have happened for a reason. I believe that it was my choice to come here, to play this game, for fun of the challenge. It's ok if I don't know when or how, that was part of the plan. I believe that the universe has it all planned out for me. I can hang in there for now.

    Now I admire the sky and the sun and the abundance of air. At first, kinda corny and boring but after a little bit I was really amazed that there really is an unending supply of air. lol

  3. #13
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    14,281
    Quote Originally Posted by y4nix View Post
    The bottom tier, for me, is blaming the negative emotion. So when I make peace with it, I find myself in a slightly better feeling but confused state.
    "Confused" in what way?

    Because this suggests a sort of analysis (which isn't part of these teachings) when what you want to be doing is--say it with me--feeling BETTER. IOW, it sounds like you're more interested in figuring stuff out than you are in tending to your vibrational alignment.

    Quote Originally Posted by y4nix View Post
    Then I say, all this must have happened for a reason.
    It did. It happened because you didn't (for whatever your good reasons) close your vibrational gap in time.

    But even then, there's still a Wanted/Having-of-It end of this stick. After all, what you're talking about is a Step 1 moment. The way you're talking about it, your "all this" sounds sort of extreme but it's still a Step 1 moment, where you're adding to your Vortex. I want to say "that's more for you to catch up with" but that might just inflame how you haven't yet caught up with your earlier expansion that you're wanting.

    Quote Originally Posted by y4nix View Post
    I believe that it was my choice to come here, to play this game, for fun of the challenge. It's ok if I don't know when or how, that was part of the plan. I believe that the universe has it all planned out for me. I can hang in there for now.
    So, pop quiz time: How does this story feel? Because, given what you'd posted here and given how you're saying it, I wonder how much of this you truly believe and how much of this is what you think you should say. Now, frankly, it doesn't matter to me either way. It's not any of my business. But it is really your business because there's a big difference in vibration between believing this and saying this out of a sort of lip service.

    I would guess, if you're really honest with yourself, that this story sort of inflames the crappy feelings you have as you look at all the conditions you don't like around you, because this story sort of puts the blame on you for all the conditions you don't like around you. We both know that it's not ok if you don't know when or how. You've told us that--what?--a few short hours ago. That's why you're talking about "hang in there for now." This isn't Making Peace with Where You Are. This is tolerating and trying to choke down a crappy dish that's being fed to you.

    As I told you before, I can't tell you for sure what you truly are feeling. But this seems to me that you're trying to do the same jump to "positive" or to "good" that I've been trying to talk you out of. Once again, I invite you to bring a small piece (something easy, without much momentum, is best) to this thread so that you can "work" on it more productively.

    Quote Originally Posted by y4nix View Post
    Now I admire the sky and the sun and the abundance of air.
    I have to question you on this because, until I called you on it, you were pretty adamant that you had "nothing" to feel better about. When you "admire" something, you feel better about it. That's what "admire" means.

    Here's an important thing to keep in mind. You can fool me and the rest of the world with the words you say. You might even be able to fool yourself. But you will never, ever fool the LoA because the LoA doesn't care whether you call it "admire" or "tomato." The LoA always matches your vibration which, based upon how you've been posting here, is more like: "My life sucks...all over the place. I can't wait for the conditions to change so that I can get over there and no longer have to be here in this sucky. Yeah, the sun shines here but that just gives more light with which I can see all the suck that this place has to offer. But I'll play your little silly game and say that I 'admire' when I really mean 'dismiss'."

    That's why you're talking about "hang in there for now."

    So, you are still in some sort of way blaming yourself for having negative emotion and trying to paste a HFS over your "wrong-doing." But the thing is you're NOT doing anything wrong by having negative emotion. That's something that's working out for you. Just like the bumps between the lanes that Esther loves so much, you want to know when you're veering out of your lane towards the edge of the road. You want to know this before you have 2 tires off the road.

    Now the important thing for you to learn is what to effectively do when you get your 2 tires off the road.

  4. #14
    My life sucks. I'm not happy where I am. I know it's supposed to be better but I don't know what I need to do.


    I'm unsatisfied, stuck, perturbed.


    This feeling is my IB communicating with me, telling me that it does not agree. It knows that all is well and that I'm ok - now and always.


    That's it. I did it. I turned it around. This is all I needed to do.

  5. #15
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    14,281
    Great. Good for you.

  6. #16
    As I close the gap on one, another subject with resistance pops right up. I understand that I'm probably going to have to stay away from the news channel for a bit but is there anything else that I should be doing other than just getting myself into alignment?

  7. #17
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    14,281
    Quote Originally Posted by y4nix View Post
    As I close the gap on one, another subject with resistance pops right up.
    But if you can close the gap on one subject, then you know what to do, don't you?

    If you've been picking up clothes off the floor of your room and you discover another sock on the floor, it can be a pretty straight-forward thing to simply pick the sock up off the floor, just like you did with the other clothes. Now, you can think a whole bunch of resistant thoughts about your sock, your previous picking up, your room-cleaning and awareness skills, but none of that is going to feel "better" and will probably make you miserable whilst you're cleaning up your room, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by y4nix View Post
    I understand that I'm probably going to have to stay away from the news channel for a bit but is there anything else that I should be doing other than just getting myself into alignment?
    Since your alignment is everything and your alignment trumps everything, then your alignment is what you want to be reaching for.

    But I want to clear up something that you might be misunderstanding, when you say "should:" Your alignment is natural. So, if you're approaching this (whatever it is) as something you "should" be doing, maybe there's some confusion you have there.

    And it's not that the word or words matter. They don't. It's our attitude (our focus, our vibration) to which the LoA responds. So, I would (and usually--I'm not perfect--do) approach my vibrational "work" with less of an attitude of "should" and more of an attitude of "I want to feel better. I understand that feeling better is something which comes natural to me. I have learned from Abraham and from my own "work" that I have the ability and some skills that I can use to feel better. How can I use my focus and my thoughts and my emotional guidance system to feel better right now, without needing anything--not my money, not my body, not what's playing on the TV/radio/Internet, etc.--to change first?" Does that makes sense?

  8. #18
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    14,281
    I want to say one more thing about this piece:
    Quote Originally Posted by y4nix View Post
    As I close the gap on one, another subject with resistance pops right up.
    Almost everyone who says this to us does so usually with an attitude of complaint or from a focus that this is a problem. If this is not your attitude or focus, then skip the rest of my reply.

    If this is your attitude or focus, then you, I think, missing an important part of these teachings: "Closing the gap" feels better. Let that sink in for a moment.

    You see, if "closing the gap" feels better (and it does) and you know that you can do (and you've just told us that you do), then discovering another gap for you to close isn't a problem or something to complain about, is it? After all, no one ever says, "Oh, man, I've just discovered another opportunity to do this thing I know how to do and which will feel better to me as I do it." No one ever says that.

  9. #19
    The worst is when you easily do it, get happy that you've finally figured it out and then it doesn't work on another subject for whatever goddamn reason.

    I suspect that because some have less resistance than others or I'm lower on the scale on those particular issues. I just remembered that on some issues I can just go from the existing neg feeling to the wanted feeling, but on others I have to start from the neg specifics then go to what resolution I want (also specific) then gen neg and finally to the desired feeling. This maybe it actually...

  10. #20
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    14,281
    Quote Originally Posted by y4nix View Post
    The worst is when you easily do it, get happy that you've finally figured it out and then it doesn't work on another subject for whatever goddamn reason.
    How does that story feel?

    Because you're creating another gap for you to close right there. Now, from where I stand, I might be excited at that prospect. But, with your focus on "the worst," I'm guessing you might not be.

    Quote Originally Posted by y4nix View Post
    I suspect that because some have less resistance than others...
    That's always the case. But none of what I've said to you has to do with anyone else other than you.

    Quote Originally Posted by y4nix View Post
    or I'm lower on the scale on those particular issues.
    That's why we talk about "feeling better," because you can achieve that "better" no matter where you are on the Scale.

    Quote Originally Posted by y4nix View Post
    I just remembered that on some issues I can just go from the existing neg feeling to the wanted feeling, but on others I have to start from the neg specifics then go to what resolution I want (also specific) then gen neg and finally to the desired feeling. This maybe it actually...
    A piece of what's troubling you may be your approach. There's nothing in these teachings about "go to what resolution I want." In fact, that often gets in the way of people accomplishing that "better" we talk about here. Same thing for reaching for a "desired" feeling because, as far as Abraham are concerned, in any given moment, there are only two emotions of any importance to us: one which feels "worse" and one which feels "better." Aiming for something beyond that "better" on the Scale can get you off track.

    Once again, since this is a Practicing the Teachings thread, I invite you to bring a piece of something that you might be working on, so that you can attract pointers and tips that can help you make your "work" more productive in the way that you're wanting in today's posts here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •