Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Says who?!!

I resonate with your experience and current beliefs around Crohn's disease. I have experienced five strong flares since my first at 17 (I'm 32 now) and though I am also well-maintained through medication (Humira), I know the current physical state of my body isn't matching how Source knows it to be. I want to be fitter, stronger, feel more digestive ease, ultimately non-reliant on medication, and like your friend, existing in life as if Crohn's was something she never had.

I had more than a decade with this illness before discovering Abe, so lots of time accepting the dire commonly held medical opinions that this condition is incurable, difficult to treat, and pretty hopeless. Then there's the socially difficult part of the illness that doesn't help either. I too feel I manifested this from emotional trauma I held since childhood. It's no surprise given the beliefs that I still feel stifled by this illness.

You are right about the different experiences people have with Crohn's - the degree and frequency to which people experience symptoms is wholly inconsistent and seemingly immeasurable. The autoimmune category of illness in general is defined by this. I became convinced, after digesting Abe for some time, that my Crohn's was a total manifestation of negative emotion I had been soaking in since I was a preteen (basically victimhood) and was completely reversible, that I could live a life of ultimate health. Yet I haven't truly tried applying Abe's teachings to Crohn's. It seemed like the most difficult arena of my life to do so.

Reading your post today has convinced me to step into those limiting beliefs, to move up the emotional scale and commit to the work. I could see so much in my life improving even from a week of this work. All the best to you in your journey. Manifesting our ideal health is completely possible and not that far down the road!

Quote Originally Posted by charley View Post
    I resonate with your experience and current beliefs around Crohn's disease. I have experienced five strong flares since my first at 17 (I'm 32 now) and though I am also well-maintained through medication (Humira), I know the current physical state of my body isn't matching how Source knows it to be. I want to be fitter, stronger, feel more digestive ease, ultimately non-reliant on medication, and like your friend, existing in life as if Crohn's was something she never had.

I had more than a decade with this illness before discovering Abe, so lots of time accepting the dire commonly held medical opinions that this condition is incurable, difficult to treat, and pretty hopeless. Then there's the socially difficult part of the illness that doesn't help either. I too feel I manifested this from emotional trauma I held since childhood. It's no surprise given the beliefs that I still feel stifled by this illness.

You are right about the different experiences people have with Crohn's - the degree and frequency to which people experience symptoms is wholly inconsistent and seemingly immeasurable. The autoimmune category of illness in general is defined by this. I became convinced, after digesting Abe for some time, that my Crohn's was a total manifestation of negative emotion I had been soaking in since I was a preteen (basically victimhood) and was completely reversible, that I could live a life of ultimate health. Yet I haven't truly tried applying Abe's teachings to Crohn's. It seemed like the most difficult arena of my life to do so.

Reading your post today has convinced me to step into those limiting beliefs, to move up the emotional scale and commit to the work. I could see so much in my life improving even from a week of this work. All the best to you in your journey. Manifesting our ideal health is completely possible and not that far down the road!
    Oh yay! What a cool project. I think that the fact that Crohn's isn't really understood will go a long way towards making it easy for me to question information given to me by the medical community. They really have no clue what's going on, at the end of the day.

One thing I'm working on right now (while avoiding being too...let's say graphic/earthy, lol): when I was first diagnosed I had a great big surgery and they took out a chunk of my intestines. I was told at that point that I'd never have a 'normal' system again, because the part they had to take out was an important cog in the digestive machine. Ok, fine.

Except that while this is mostly true, there are DEFINITELY times where my system is (or at least seems) totally fine. Like, for a whole day or even longer. This has happened so many times, actually. Today, for example, I feel awesome. And here's the important piece: I never really notice it or mark it as significant. So I see my job right now as looking for positive aspects, and really paying close attention to when things are going well. Because I'm SO lucky, things are going well way way way more often than not.

I'll be doing this specific work offline so I can get as gross and graphic as I want to be, but I'm really excited about the possibilities here!

Everything is already really good, and only getting better.

Ok, IDK exactly what's going on here but I can say that I've spent a few minutes several times a day really focused on appreciating my wonderful digestive system (because it really does perform beautifully the vast majority of the time!), and (like a crazy person) I've even been talking to it a little bit, with lots of encouragement, etc...

...anyway, the last three days have been SO GOOD. Like, basically normal. Even though I had kind of a stressful morning yesterday and got really nervous right before a big meeting (which usually sends me running to the bathroom).

I don't expect perfection during this period but I can say that I'm getting quietly very excited about this. This could be a huge deal for me, a total game changer.