Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: My body image

  1. #1
    popitzik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    GR
    Posts
    216

    My body image

    Okay. Lets say that a lot of discussions about this subject have taken place here before.
    Lets open one more thread viewing it from my own perspective.
    My body used to bother me for how it looked way more that it does now. Obviously theres nothing wrong with any of our bodies,only our thoughts about it hurts us.
    So lets say that we have resistance upon this subject. And we have created with the power of our thoughts,a very unhealthy environment causing the unwanted body that we have (some of us are viewing it that way) and it is all about our point of view. So If we are making positive thoughts/actually we banish the problem because we cant see it. Because thats why the problem existed the first time. We believed there was a problem and then the problem came out and we believed that it was there/and then we continued doing that/and then we believed strongly that there was a problem. So we keep thinking in a way that eventually becomes a belief. Obviously. Thats why we believe in it more and more.
    So we say that If we can manage to change the way we speak to ourselves and feeling better and better about it then we have succeed in a very difficult challenge which is the abillity to change our beliefs from negative to positive/from feeling bad to feeling good.
    So,what If we practise and dont get any significant result? We do it again and again untill it becomes easier and natural.
    What If the belief we hold is so powerful and we are impatient to change? I think we again have to think better thoughts and thats because this is the indicator that we have to switch to positive again.
    So whenever something appears to us as a problem, we have managed to know that theres not an actual problem but the negative thought around it and especially the bad uncomfortable feeling around the thought.
    So actually what Esther said is that we dont have to discipline ourselves to anything but feeling good. I.e to always find a better feeling thought and that only should be the discipline.
    That means feeling good is something that we have to aim for because its something so general which embraces itself can embrace all the good things that we want to have in life and the result of it.(feeling good).
    So why do we think that we have to change something that is bothering us? 1.for us to feel better only by having the result of it. Otherwise we feel there is effort and we run away from the uncomfortable. 2.for not being judged by others. Which is a big area of change for the better.
    But If other ppl dont matter/and we can accept ourselves why bother changing? Of course now ww got to this point that we have not any reason to better ouselves. If we are not victims of judgement and we like ourselves there is no reason to change.
    So If we feel uncomfortable in our own skin,its the thoughts that are causing it and again we have to bring bft's in order to heal ouselves. What happens If this cant work still?

  2. #2
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    14,271
    Quote Originally Posted by popitzik View Post
    My body used to bother me for how it looked way more that it does now. Obviously theres nothing wrong with any of our bodies,only our thoughts about it hurts us.
    So lets say that we have resistance upon this subject. And we have created with the power of our thoughts,a very unhealthy environment causing the unwanted body that we have (some of us are viewing it that way) and it is all about our point of view. So If we are making positive thoughts/actually we banish the problem because we cant see it.
    Here’s the piece which might be hanging you up: As long as you’re aware of the unhealthy environment and the unwanted body, you’re seeing it. And you can’t jump from that awareness to “positive thoughts.” A lot of other teachers teach that way but, for a variety of reasons that Abraham teach us about, that approach doesn’t work. That approach runs counter to how the LoA operates. So, does the notion of “banishing the problem” because that holds “the problem” active in your vibration. So, with that approach, the LoA has to bring to you more of “the problem.”

    Quote Originally Posted by popitzik View Post
    Because thats why the problem existed the first time. We believed there was a problem and then the problem came out and we believed that it was there/and then we continued doing that/and then we believed strongly that there was a problem. So we keep thinking in a way that eventually becomes a belief. Obviously. Thats why we believe in it more and more.
    So we say that If we can manage to change the way we speak to ourselves and feeling better and better about it...
    Then it’s no longer “the problem.”

    Here’s something that you’re going to like. I’m going to refer you to another thread, which you might think is missing your point but once you give it a read, we’ll bring the discussion back to your topic. (How could this happen, or have I missunderstood something?) I'll wait....You’re back? Good!

    So, in that thread, I made the distinction between focusing on the Unwanted or on the Wanted. (And, to be clear, we’re usually somewhere in between, more towards one end of the spectrum than the other.) What’s this got to do with your question?

    Well, let’s say that a Forum friend is manifesting more weight than she would like. Now, if she were to approach this with an attitude of “banishing the weight” or fixing the weight problem, her focus is still going to be on “the problem.” She’s going to be like our friend in that thread who was focusing on the accident or on the lack of money. She’s going to continue to manifest more “problem.”

    But if she were to focus herself differently so that the weight was not a “problem” or on the ways her body was being healthy or the ways that her body is beautiful, then she’s not “banishing the weight” and she’s not wound up in fixing the “problem.” Her perspective has truly shifted. Eventually she can shift her perspective to the point that she no longer is aware of how much she weighs or what size clothes she wears. (And, as I said above, she’s not going to be able to jump from “my weight’s unhealthy” to “my body’s beautiful” in one go. The LoA won’t let her do that.)

    Quote Originally Posted by popitzik View Post
    ...then we have succeed in a very difficult challenge…

    If it’s a “very difficult challenge,” then you’re not feeling BETTER, which means that you’re not accomplishing Step 3. Instead, you’re trying to wrestle your resistance to the ground and kill it.

    “You can’t have a happy ending to an unhappy journey.”--Abraham

    Quote Originally Posted by popitzik View Post
    So,what If we practise and dont get any significant result?

    Then you haven’t shifted your vibration in the way that you thought you were. And you don’t have to take my word for that. You have your own guidance telling you that you had a “very difficult challenge.”

    Quote Originally Posted by popitzik View Post
    We do it again and again untill it becomes easier and natural.

    I would say this differently:

    “We refine our practice until we get better and better at the Step 3 - Allowing, the feel BETTER, that Abraham teach. As we shift from not Allowing to being more Allowing, it becomes easier and natural.”

    Quote Originally Posted by popitzik View Post
    What If the belief we hold is so powerful and we are impatient to change?

    Impatience is on the Scale, so you know that your guidance system is working and that you’re thinking resistant thoughts, which are not what you intended to be doing with your “work.” So, you tend to your emotional guidance in the way that Abraham teach us.

    Quote Originally Posted by popitzik View Post
    I think we again have to think better thoughts...

    I have to nit-pick here (because it’s important and it’s a piece that is slipping away from your post): “...better-FEELING thoughts.” That’s an important difference.

    Quote Originally Posted by popitzik View Post
    ...and thats because this is the indicator that we have to switch to positive again.

    Some more, but important nit-picking here: “...that we want to feel better again.” That’s another, important distinction.

    Quote Originally Posted by popitzik View Post
    So whenever something appears to us as a problem, we have managed to know that theres not an actual problem but the negative thought around it and especially the bad uncomfortable feeling around the thought.

    That’s correct.

    Quote Originally Posted by popitzik View Post
    So actually what Esther said is that we dont have to discipline ourselves to anything but feeling good. I.e to always find a better feeling thought and that only should be the discipline.
    That means feeling good is something that we have to aim for because...
    ...because it’s natural. It’s who we are. It’s the reason we want everything that we want.

    Quote Originally Posted by popitzik View Post
    its something so general which embraces itself can embrace all the good things that we want to have in life and the result of it.(feeling good).

    If you can only feel good in that “so general” sense, that still counts. But what Abraham teach us is that we have the ability to feel better (and, with practice, feel “good”) about topics of interest to us. It’s more fun for us to focus on topics of interest to us than to focus “so general.” In fact, that’s why a lot of people object to some of the soft, general focus that Abraham do sometimes. In the recent Long Beach Workshop this year, Abraham asked the audience if the conversation was too general, “too vibrational” for them.

    So, if you can feel good about bubbles and fluffy bunnies and the earth spinning in its orbit, take it. That’s a win! But if you can feel better about the magnificent body that you have right now (and it is magnificent), then that’s going to be more interesting to you, because you take your body with you wherever you go.

    Quote Originally Posted by popitzik View Post
    So why do we think that we have to change something that is bothering us? 1.for us to feel better only by having the result of it. Otherwise we feel there is effort and we run away from the uncomfortable. 2.for not being judged by others. Which is a big area of change for the better.

    Everyone’s going to have their different stories and your stories may or mayn’t be shared with anyone else. But I think the universal reason that people “think that we have to change something that is bothering us” is because they mistakenly think that it’s the “something” that’s causing the “bothering.” That’s not the case. Our “bothering” is ALWAYS caused by our misalignment, which we manage with our thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by popitzik View Post
    But If other ppl dont matter/and we can accept ourselves why bother changing?

    Well, if you’re in an unhealthy situation with your body, as you’ve mentioned before, and your IB is living an experience of your Well-Being, you’re going to want to manifest that Well-Being for your experience here on this planet, aren’t you? And you’re going to want to do that regardless of the opinions of any “other ppl.”

    Quote Originally Posted by popitzik View Post
    Of course now ww got to this point that we have not any reason to better ouselves.

    I would say this differently, too:
    “...now we got to this point that we want to keep up with our expansion because it feels good to keep up with our expansion.”

    Quote Originally Posted by popitzik View Post
    If we are not victims of judgement and we like ourselves there is no reason to change.

    That’s right, but as long as “change” was your motive for doing any of the above, then you’re not liking yourself.
    And when you like yourself and are stable in it, you can continue to like yourself no matter what you “change” into. Because you’re always creating.

    Quote Originally Posted by popitzik View Post
    So If we feel uncomfortable in our own skin,its the thoughts that are causing it and again we have to bring bft's in order to heal ouselves.

    As long as you’re “healing” anything, you’re still focused on what needs to be healed. Then your BFTs aren’t doing the “healing” you think they are.

    Quote Originally Posted by popitzik View Post
    What happens If this cant work still?

    It can’t work the way you’re describing this last bit because of your focus. But it can (and does) work if you shift your focus, making “the problem” less of a “problem,” shifting your intention away from “healing” or “banishing” or solving the “problem” or focusing on what’s working out for you, wherever you can find it.

  3. #3
    popitzik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    GR
    Posts
    216
    So after all this reading Ive done,and thanx for involving and helping here,with my situation,....If I manage to reach to a point of thought tbat nothing has to be changed,this will be the mindset I will aim for. So I need to change my focus into something that makes me feel good about my body,and at the same time not focus on something that FOR YEARS is bothering me. Well,at first it sounds ridiculous,but I think this is the thing that is bothering me. As I said earlier the thoughts are that theyre bothering me/and beliefs and fears of judgement, and its all to where I focus upon. I used to view my body this way and not in a good way. Wouldn't be better If I bring some quick results with diets and stuff and then make my self believe by proof? Becausr the situation here is more difficult. And thats why: only by shifting the focus to something that I like,it will be a long process which will be focused at the present moment and not always it will be successful. For example I may try to focus on good and have the strength to do that but here will be times I will find myself unable to focus on good and it will be torture,because as long as I let myself free and eat whatever I want I get fatter and fatter and I should do something now,and the short process is diets. Which I can totally do that but I have to have the emotional courage to do it which Im not having atm. So I need it first or Im unable to change for the better
    The long process is what you suggested. Living at the moment and finding bft's. Which seems easy but I think is as difficult as the other option (ehich I have tried) and much mkre because Its unknown to me and unknown can scare me.
    So I have to choose. To be honest your approach,Abraham's approach, resonates with me more, and thats because I feel fof myself thats where the problem starts from the beginning. I mean my thoughts and beliefs brought me where I am. If I was in a different mindset about myself/ I definitely wouldnt be here. So its about my beliefs I hold for my body and my emotions which are deciding at each and every moment,what I should be doing: For example. I feel good I go for the healthier option and I feel free and hopeful. Whenever I feel not so good I tend to go for the bad stuff to eat etc.
    So its my mood which decides. I cant think something else thats causing it. Or maybe its my general beliefs. Or just say it my focus in general.

  4. #4
    popitzik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    GR
    Posts
    216
    I shall continue here with my thoughts, this time I will separate my words into paragraphs in order to be easier to read :

    To be honest there are not so much to say when in comes to Abraham, it leaves you with a feeling that there are not much to do,tbh theres nothing to change because all is good and I love this approximation.And it ends here. I mean it gives you that something you want and theres no need to search far FURTHER and that thing I love because there wasn't a single person in my circle of people that can teach my such thing, I only ever heard it from Abe and Im very glad about this I feel awesome whenever I think about it. Because wherever you go there always people that tell you you must change this, oh this has to be changed, and this statement isnt going to make you feel good. Anyway.

    Enough blabbing.
    Wherever I go there are these kind of people and Im wondering If there is one that can tell me I am perfect as I am. Lol Theres noone.

    I care about how I feel and I must care about my focus too,because If I continue and just be unaware that my focus is on something that doesnt serve me,this is going to steal litterally from my happiness. So this mindset about my body I see that it makes me feel miserable now. Changing this belief will make me happier only by changing this and only this... not money or relationships. This is enough. In fact it has a huge impact on me and it does make me feel bad,so If I care about my Well-being I must try and shift my focus. Agree?

    So lets visualize a day that I have shifted my focus on positive (from negative) :
    I would enjoy hanging out with friends and not stay home for such silly reasons.
    I would be comfortable with my body and I will experience things that currently Im avoiding,from my list of opportunities.There were a lot I declined.
    I wouldnt have negative thoughts about my weight,so I could be more energetic throughout the day and do more than usual.
    Be comfortable talking to others,taking pictures and actually believe that theyre good n not just pretend they are.
    Woo!
    So many benefits! Imagine If I continue with this!!
    But I got the point. I will feel better in general n I would be happier for sure. And who doesnt want that??
    Ha-ha.
    Everyone is chasing false happiness of course. Its ridiculous when they believe they will find it in a relationship. Im glad I no longer believe that also! I feel relief.
    I eat my feelings and its not that because I believe that food will make me happy,but for a moment it gives you relief. Long term makes you look fat and be unhealthy thats what I believe. But again that doesnt have to do with self-love because I have met some people (obese) who are not having the feeling that their fat stealing from their happiness,and they love themselves so thats the proof I need...fat doesnt make you unhappy,but the thoughts about it can make you miserable.
    Having this knowledge makes me happy and I want to help others but this excitement leaves soon when I think that I havent yet helped myself. Lol
    Lets be positive. I fell of the wagon again.

  5. #5
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    14,271
    Ah, so you want to practice these teachings? Good for you! I'll move your thread accordingly.

  6. #6
    popitzik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    GR
    Posts
    216
    Yes sure!

  7. #7
    popitzik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    GR
    Posts
    216
    Also,I must talk about this as well.
    As long as I remember myself I have been having this mindset.
    My apperance changes from time to time,as its natural to all human being
    So I was looking better before, there was these times in my life, but I have the same thoughts about myself. So no matter how beautiful I was, in my eyes I wasnt feeling good about myself at any of these times. So everytime I had something that was there in my mind that was bothering me,actually.
    And I am at a point that I dont try to better my looks,and I became worse for example I let my acne untreated and its way worse than ever,and it looks bad I mean I have scars now I have never before. Also I am at my highest weight,and you know these are not the problems at all. Its something that happens naturally. Neither my attitude gaving up,bothers me. The thing that is annoying is the fact that my view is the same,no matter the circumstances.
    Ive been at my lowest weight,Ive been at my highest,neither of those I was happy with myself.
    Haha Its actually funny acknowledging this.
    How could this happen?
    I mean maybe thats because I hold those beliefs throughout the years and me changing my appearance ot not,beliefs are remaining the same. Isnt that funny?
    But its the beliefs that must change.
    Instead of that I fight my body for no reason. So thats because I cant find peace within my mind,my body pays the price literally.
    Its actually nice for me to notice it.
    Poor body! Slave of the mind! Lol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •