Thread: today's quote unclear about it....

today's quote unclear about it....

If everyone could get this selfish consciousness where they ask and expect to receive, everyone would tap into the Energy Stream and thrive. But your not knowing it won't help them know it. Pretending it isn't important to you to ask your questions won't help them get answers to questions they're not asking.

I don't completely understand this quote? The first part makes sense...
    If everyone could get this selfish consciousness where they ask and expect to receive, everyone would tap into the Energy Stream and thrive.

The second sentence I am confused....My not knowing won't help won't help- won't help who? People I love??
    Pretending it isn't important to me to ask your (my) questions won't help them get answers to questions their not asking? Who are we talking about, loved ones people in our lives?
    Can someone clear this one up for me, or give me an example so I can wrap my head around it.

But your not knowing it won't help them know it. Pretending it isn't important to you to ask your questions won't help them get answers to questions they're not asking.

Thanks!!!

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sparker View Post
    If everyone could get this selfish consciousness where they ask and expect to receive, everyone would tap into the Energy Stream and thrive. But your not knowing it won't help them know it. Pretending it isn't important to you to ask your questions won't help them get answers to questions they're not asking.

I don't completely understand this quote? The first part makes sense...
    If everyone could get this selfish consciousness where they ask and expect to receive, everyone would tap into the Energy Stream and thrive.

The second sentence I am confused....My not knowing won't help won't help- won't help who? People I love??
    Pretending it isn't important to me to ask your (my) questions won't help them get answers to questions their not asking? Who are we talking about, loved ones people in our lives?
    Can someone clear this one up for me, or give me an example so I can wrap my head around it.

But your not knowing it won't help them know it. Pretending it isn't important to you to ask your questions won't help them get answers to questions they're not asking.

Thanks!!!
    I think itīs another run at this quote,

You cannot suffer those suffering into wellness.
    You canít get sick enough to help the sick become well,
    and you canít get poor enough to help the poor become prosperous.
    And you canít feel bad enough to help the bad feel good.
    Youíve got to get on the other end of that.

Youíve got to be a vibrational vessel through which that energy
    that uplifts flows. And when it flows, those who want it
    will gravitate to you.
    And then youíll be at the right place at the right time.

-Abe

Maybe itīs phrased in this seemingly awkward way to make the point even stronger
    that we DO NOT help others in dimming our light?

Thanks, POE...I thought it was confusing, too. I was waiting to see if someone could clear it up some.

I came across this quote recently and loved it. I think it sums up what POE mentioned well.

"Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm."

I didn't even realize how Abe-ish it is until now

The quote is contextual I guess and can be clear if heard as part of whole conversation. To explain, here is an example - say you go to a hotel and want something specific which the person with you doesn't believe you can have. So either you ask for it to the hotel or you don't. You can pretend that it's not important and not ask. But it won't help you or the other person. Or you can be "selfish" and ask precisely for what you want, and expect it. In other words, don't bother about others. Ask and expect. Demonstrate to others your power. Don't hesitate because they are not believing in this stuff.

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    very clear description, admodi!

I also love the emphasis on the question being important.
    Holding back to ask (for what ever) is NOT helpful... it is just holding off the clarity and the creative further unfolding.