Thread: Intro: Aber from Los Angeles

Intro: Aber from Los Angeles

Hi Friends, I'm Charley from Los Angeles, CA, USA.

Abe was my first real intro to LoA about three years back. I'd browsed The Secret, was reading materials from a handful of "feel good, love yourself" blogs, but when I finally checked out Abe/Esther (a year after a friend first recommended them), my mind and world blew open. Other teachers have come into my life since discovering Abe - I definitely went down the LoA rabbit hole, found myself continually reading one book after another on the subject. I had this idea for a time that I was missing a piece of the puzzle. What I was missing was an ability to be honest with myself about how I was truly feeling on a subject and spending the time working myself up the EGS. Straight up, I wasn't doing the work, just lapping up LoA theory.

Some events this past weekend that were initially draining, now funny, provided clarity and showed me I wasn't doing this work, at least not truthfully. I picked up my copy of "AaIiG" to review the processes - all the teachings I've engaged, I always come back to Abe's. I was in such a state of Worry and Discoruagement a few days ago which the "#22 Moving up the EGS" lifted me out of. This reminded me of the great power contained in this work and impressed upon me that my life will be so much more aligned with my ideals for it if I committed to this work. The emotional lift alone was worth the time spent on the work, and I love that I can truthfully say that (not need the manifestation to make it worthwhile).

I've been on this forum before, though it was years ago. I am returning now as I enter a new chapter. I have just moved to Los Angeles with a desire to live out my biggest dream of becoming a movie star! As of now, I am between Hopeful and Optimistic on our friendly EGS - a massive step up from the Hatred/Rage to Despair/Fear realm, where I was for a good chunk of time.

Here's some of what I want to pull out of my vortex:
    - I want to grow my abundance, be financially free, experience a surplus of money that I get to play with and take adventures with
    - I want to have an exciting film/television acting career (this blends w/money desire, I don't know how to merge two in a high vibe space)
    - I want to cure my Crohn's disease, live a life free of medicine and felt limitations of illness
    - I want to become my fittest and healthiest physical self
    - I want romance in my life (someone to focus my affection on who wants to focus his affection on me)
    - I want to own a dog (and a cat while I'm at it...and the two are totally friends), be a stellar pet owner
    - I want my own home, that supports my above goals and allows me to host friends and family who visit me, that is the sanctuary I dream of

I appreciated this forum at a time when I was figuring out the work. As I post here or elsewhere in the forum, I welcome anyone feeling inspired to leave comments of support, wisdom, suggestions, similar experiences... Basically, interaction on here is fun - I'd love to engage some fellow Abers!

Also, anyone here currently living in LA? Would be great to get to know some Abers among my geographical community.

Cheers All,

Charley

Welcome back to the Forum, charley!

(I'm not nearby; just being friendly.)

Thanks for introducing us to the expanded you!

@WellBeing Many thanks! I appreciate being here.