Thread: Adventures in Fasting

Adventures in Fasting

I've been experimenting with fasting for a few months. As I write this I am two days in to my best fasting experience to date. There are many fascinating books on the subject, some written 100 years ago and some written last year. One thing these books agree on is all the wonderful health benefits for body and mind that fasting yields. There are, however, many varied opinions as to what kind of experience I can expect. As I have taken cues from different "experts", so I have had experiences ranging from weak and listless to extra-sensory to downright hungry in steady waves. Despite all the challenges, or in part because I enjoy a challenge, I continue to return to fasting as my body does ask for it now. On the heals of glorious contrast these past two weeks, I declared that this fast will be my most joyful and easy. Guess what?? THIS FAST IS JOYFUL AND EASY. I have had no stress, doubts or hunger. Quite the opposite I feel decidedly normal and my body is responding at an exponential rate (insofar as weight loss and reduced inflammation). I put a sticky note on my computer: "A joyful fast will yield a joyful result. The means and the end are one." Then Esther's song rang in my head like I've never heard it before "Joy Joy Joy! Joy is the Key! Joy is the Key!" How many times have I heard that song? And just this morning I exclaim "OF COURSE!!! JOY IS THE KEY!" DUH!

Thank you for posting this. I have been on a fast also and had mixed feelings about it since it's denying myself something that physically feels good but your post reminds me that the spiritual satisfaction that I derive far outweighs the physical "deprivation" so that it is not experientially a loss for me and is contributing to expansion

What is your personal reasons to do this guys? Its interesting. I want to find a good reason to do it first.

Joyyyy is the keyyy jooooy is the key..
    Mind my own business and carry on be good to myself and have some fun and feel good now feel good now.
    Lol mixed songs.
    Joy is the key to harmony as I reach for a thought,that feels better.
    And If it feels good choose it,feeling good is beautiful....aaand if it feels good do it feeling good is natural. Thats all you need to know feel good and let it flow...jooooy is yours to feel right here right now and feeling free so you can see ...
    Buuuut mooooost important of alllll is feeling goooood.

I listen to all of these songs almost everyday. I adore them.